杀戮
根据Yasmina Reza的剧作《杀戮之神》改编
一月十一号♥ 下午两点半
January 11th at 2:30 p.m.
你们的声明可以另外开 这份是我们的
You’ll do your statement separately. This one’s ours.
事发原因是在布鲁克林大桥公园里的口头争执
following a verbal dispute in Brooklyn Bridge Park
11岁的扎卡里·考恩 以木棒为武器 持械
Zachary Cowan, age 11 , and armed with a stick
袭击了我们的孩子 正中伊桑·朗斯特里特的脸
struck our son, Ethan Longstreet, in the face.
另外 伊桑的上嘴唇肿胀挫伤
In addition to the swelling and bruising of Ethan’s upper lip
此行为造成了两颗门牙被打掉
this act also resulted in two broken incisors
右边门牙有神经性损伤
including nerve damage to the right incisor.
持械?
“Armed”?
是的 持械 你觉得这个词不好?
Armed. What? You don’t like “armed”?
迈克尔 我们该怎么形容? 握? 拿?
Michael, what could we say? “Carrying”? “Holding”?
-手持木棒? 可以不? -手持 对
-Carrying a stick? All right? -Carrying, yeah.
-手持木棒 -手持
-Carrying a stick. -Carrying.
真是讽刺
It’s ironic.
我总觉得布鲁克林大桥公园比希尔赛德公园更安全
I always thought Brooklyn Bridge Park was so safe compared to Hillside.
那是 我们总说 去布鲁克林大桥公园玩可以
True. We always said, “Brooklyn Bridge Park, fine.
去希尔赛德公园就不行
Hillside, no way.”
-打印出来给你们看看 -谢谢
-It just goes to show you. -Thank you.
谢谢你们专程来一趟
Hey, thank you so much for coming.
这样比两家人吵一架 好得多了
It’s so much better than getting caught up in that adversarial mind-set.
我们谢谢你们才对
Well, we thank you. Really.
我认为没必要谢来谢
I don’t think there’s any reason for us to thank each other.
幸好 我们有人是愿意和解 是吧?
Luckily, some of us still have a sense of community. Right?
虽然孩子们脑子里是没这概念
Though the kids haven’t got that notion straight yet.
-是的 -我是说 我们孩子
-Right. -I mean our kid.
是 我们孩子
Right, our kid.
谢谢
Thank you.
这些郁金香真漂亮
Those tulips are gorgeous.
这是亨利街上花店买♥♥的 你知道哪间吗? 一直往上走
Oh, it’s the florist up by Henry. You know the one? All the way up.
好的
Oh, right.
他们直接从荷兰空运来花苞过来
Yeah. They fly the bulbs right in from Holland.
-这一整束20块 -这个是实价吗?
-Twenty dollars for a whole bunch. -Is that a fact?
是的 你知道那间店的吧? 一直往上走的
Yeah. Do you know it? All the way up.
知道 知道
Right. Right.
那颗有神经性损伤的门牙现在怎样了?
Well So, what about the tooth with the damaged nerve?
我们也还不知道
Well, we don’t know yet.
接下来的情况还不确定
There’s some question about the prognosis. Apparently
显然 这根神经并没有完全暴露出来
Well, apparently the nerve is not completely exposed.
-只有一部分 是啊 -一部分暴露出来了
-Only part of it is exposed. -There’s a part that’s exposed
另一部分没有
and then there’s a part that’s still protected.
所以现在他们还不会拔了它
For now, they’re not gonna devitalize it.
他们想看看是否有机会自己愈合
They wanna give the tooth a chance.
我们还是尽量避免连根拔掉
Yeah. We’d so love to avoid a root canal.
当然
Oh, of course.
现在还在观察 看这神经能否自己愈合
There’s an observation period while they give the nerve a chance to heal.
现在他需要牙套来保护
He’s gonna need caps.
-在成年之前也是不能镶牙的 -不能
-You can’t have implants till you’re 18. -You can’t.
只能在停止发育后 才能永久性的镶牙
Yeah, so They can only do implants once they’re done growing.
当然
Naturally.
我希望 希望一切都没事
Well, we hope it all turns out all right.
只能如此希望了
One can only hope.
你们知道吗
Listen
他不愿意说出扎卡里的名字
He didn’t wanna tell on Zachary.
一个字都不愿说
No, he didn’t wanna tell.
很难想像这个孩子颜面尽失 被打掉牙齿
It was incredible to see this child with no face left, no teeth.
-竟然还一言不发 -我也只能想像一下这情形了
-He just wouldn’t talk. -I can just imagine.
他不愿告发这孩子 因为他的朋友们会说他爱打小报告
He didn’t wanna tell on the kid. His friends would say he’s a snitch.
老实说 佩妮 这不仅仅是种个人荣誉感
Let’s face it, Penny, it wasn’t just a sense of honor.
你可以这么说 但荣誉感需要整个背景环境为前提
Well, you could say that. Honor requires a social context.
那你们最后怎么知道是扎卡里?
So how did you finally get Zachary’s name?
因为我们告诉伊桑
Well, because we explained to Ethan
护着这个孩子不会帮到他
that protecting this child was not gonna help him.
我们告诉他 如果这个孩子认为他可以
We told him if this kid thinks he can
肆无忌惮地伤人 并不负责任 以后他会更放纵
get away with hitting, why should he stop?
我们告诉他如果我们是那个孩子的家长
We told him if we were this child’s parents,
我们肯定会想要了解整件事的过程的
we would wanna know.
-当然 -是啊 抱歉 稍等一下
-Of course. -Yeah. Excuse me one second.
-你好 沃尔特 -艾伦
-Yes, Walter. -Alan.
谢谢你的回电
Well, thanks for getting back to me.
这是今天的华尔街日报 我给你念念
It’s in this morning’s Journal. I’ll read it to you.
The Lancet 柳叶刀 是一份医学期刊
根据英国期刊《柳叶刀》报道
“According to a study published by British journal Lancet
两位澳洲研究员发现
two Australian researchers have identified neurological side effects
TW制药公♥司♥治疗高血压的药物Antril 有神经方面的副作用
of TW Pharma’s anti-hypertension medication Antril
包括听力损伤 共济失调
including impaired hearing and ataxia.”
怎么没人告诉我这件事呢?
How come nobody told me about this?
你那边没人帮你看着媒体吗?
Who does your press monitoring over there?
-这下麻烦了 -是啊 你死定了
-This is gonna mean trouble. -You’re in deep shit.
-我们该怎么办呢? -我们这样做正确吗?
What do we do? Do we move on this right away?
不 我的问题是股东大会
No, no. My problem is the ASM.
你两周后就有个年度股东大会
You got an annual stockholders’ meeting in two weeks.
你有准备好万一有诉讼没?
Did you schedule a contingency for litigation?
我还不确定 我要核对下
I’m not sure. I have to check.
-沃尔特 沃尔特 -在
-Walter. Walter. -Yeah?
联♥系♥公♥关♥部门看看
Talk to PR.
这件事还有哪里在报道 然后给我回电
Find out if it was picked up anywhere else and call me back.
-好的 -等你消息
-Right. -Okay.
抱歉 -所以你是做
-Sorry. -So you’re, like, a
-律师
An attorney.
-你呢? -家居用品销♥售♥
-And yourself? -Housewares supply.
佩妮是个作家 她在书店兼♥职♥
Penny’s a writer. She works part-time in a bookstore.
-多半是艺术和历史书 -作家?
-Mostly art books and history books. -A writer?
我和别人共同写了一卷
Well, I cowrote a volume on Sabaean civilization
Sabean Civilization 今西亚国家-也门
关于赛博伊文明的书
working with artifacts that were retrieved
98到00年的一场战争冲突
在埃塞俄比亚-厄立特里亚冲突之后
after the Ethiopia-Eritrea conflict.
Darfur 苏丹的一个地区 03年起发生人道主义危机
我正在写一本 关于达尔富尔问题的书
But right now I’m working on a book about the Darfur tragedy.
你的专攻是非洲地区吗?
Do you specialize in Africa?
我对世界的那一部分比较感兴趣
I’m interested in that part of the world, yes.
你们还有其他孩子吗?
And do you have any other children?
女儿 考特尼 九岁
There’s Courtney. She’s 9.
她还在生她爸爸的气
She’s very angry with her father right now
因为他爸爸昨晚把仓鼠扔了
because he got rid of the hamster last night.
-你扔了仓鼠? -是啊
-You got rid of the hamster? -Yeah.
晚上吵死了
The thing was making such a racket at night.
它们都白天睡觉 伊桑快被它弄出的噪音逼疯了
They sleep during the day. It was driving Ethan crazy, so
他接受不了那东西弄出的声响
You know, he couldn’t take the racket that thing was making. Yeah.
我不怕告诉你 很久以前
I don’t mind telling you, I’ve been wanting to
我就期待扔了它
get rid of the thing for the longest time.
所以我想 那就扔了吧 我把它带出门 放在街上
Finally I said, “That’s it!” Took it out, left it on the street.
就放在街上?
You left it on the street?
我以为它是生活在下水道里的
I figured it was a gutter-sewer animal
但它在外面被吓得不能动弹 就在人行道上
but the thing was scared out of its wits out there on the sidewalk.
它们不是宠物 但也不是野生的
They’re not pets and they’re not wild.
把它们放生到森林里 还是不高兴
You drop them in the forest, still not happy.
我也不知道要把它放到哪里去啊
I don’t know where you’re supposed to put them.
你就这样把它放外面了?
So you just left him outside?
他说是啊
Yeah, he did.
他还骗考特尼说仓鼠自己逃走了
He tried to convince Courtney that the hamster ran away
当然 考特尼也不买♥♥账
which of course, she was not buying.
于是今天早上仓鼠就消失了?
And this morning the hamster was gone?
消失了
Gone.
你呢? 你是做什么的
What about you? What do you do for a living?
投资经纪人
Oh, I’m an investment broker.
我 我还是直接问吧
Let me I’m just gonna ask this directly.
扎卡里能向伊桑道个歉吗?
Could Zachary apologize to Ethan?
当然 他们自己聊聊就最好了
Sure. It would be good if they talked.
艾伦 他必须道歉
No, he’s got to apologize, Alan.
他必须很真诚的去道歉

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!