We’d have been out of here a long time ago
我们早就走了
if you didn’t bicker over every word.
你就乐意我跟沉默的羔羊似的 像她老公?
Would you rather I was a sheep like her husband?
你觉得是那馅饼的问题?
Do you think it was the cobbler?
肯定是
Of course it was.
再来点不冷的可乐?!
A little warm Coke and:
擦!
Oh, fuck.
你总是妥协 想要大事化小小事化了
You’re always mitigating. You’re trying to reconcile everything.
-我没有! -你就是
-I am not. -You are.
你有兄弟会 你是头头
You had a gang and you were the leader.
他们想把他们儿子怎样就怎样
They can do whatever they want with their son.
他们儿子对国♥家♥安♥全♥就是个威胁
Well, their son is a threat to homeland security.
如果一个小孩是社会的威胁
Kid like that, when he’s a menace to society
那就人人有责
it’s everybody’s business.
真不敢相信她全吐在了我的书上!
And I can’t believe that she barfed all over my books.
知不知道
When you know that you’re gonna toss your cookies
什么叫防患于未然
you take some precautions.
藤田嗣治 日本人 1886-1968
还有藤田嗣治的书!
The Foujita.
恶心?
Now it’s disgusting.
他说那个抽水马桶的时候我真的忍♥到极限了
I was right on the edge with that toilet-flushing shit.
你真是不可思议啊
You were incredible.
-我给自己说话了 是吧? -不可思议
-I held my own, right? -Incredible.
皇后区 杰梅卡 天才啊
Jamaica, Queens. Now that was genius.
贱♥人♥们 他叫她什么来着?
Little piece of shit. What does he call her again?
-杜兜 -杜兜
-Doodle. -Yeah, right. Doodle.
-杜兜! -是啊 我叫她杜兜
-Doodle. -Yeah, I call her Doodle.
我很抱歉 我们什么都没说
I’m sorry. We didn’t mean anything.
拿别人的昵称开玩笑挺有意思的
You know, it’s so easy to make fun of other people’s pet names.
迈克尔 我们也有昵称啊 难听多了呢 是吧?
Michael, what do we call each other? I’m sure it’s worse, right?
你要的吹风机
You wanted the blow-dryer.
-谢谢 -谢谢
-Thank you. -Thanks.
我们叫对方达吉令 像茶的名字
We call each other “Darjeeling,” like the tea.
还有更难听的 如果你问我
It’s a lot more embarrassing if you ask me.
她怎样了 好点了吗?
How is she feeling? Is she feeling better?
好点了
Yeah, better.
我反应过激了
Yeah. I reacted badly.
-真不好意思 -给
-I’m ashamed. I really am. -Here.
我对这些书反应过激了
You know, I made a big deal about the catalog, and I
我也不知道为什么会这样
I don’t even know why.
你太喜欢这些东西
You get so absurdly attached to these things
-就甚至说不上原因 -拉直了
-and you don’t even know why. -Pull it taut though.
-抓住另一边 -我知道我抓着呢
-But hold onto the other side. -I got it.
把它拉紧
You gotta pull it because there’s wrinkles on that.
-边上还是湿的 -我知道 我来弄
-The corners are wet. -I’ll get the corners.
-书要撕坏了 -是啊 要撕坏了
-It’s gonna tear. -He’s right. It’s gonna tear.
-这里 -已经干了
-Okay. Well, here -It’s dry enough.
你喷香水 我来把这些吹干
Okay. Put cologne on those, and I’ll finish this one.
-杜兜是从哪里来的? -抱歉
-So where does “Doodle” come from? -Sorry.
前者是一首歌♥ 后者是一种芝士味的泡芙
Yankee Doodle? Cheese Doodle?
Yankee Doodle or Cheez Doodle or?
《Guys and Dolls》 音乐剧 作者Frank Loesser
不 是《Guys and Dolls》的歌♥
It’s from a song from Guys and Dolls that goes:
是啊是啊 我知道那个
Oh, yeah, yeah. I know that one.
我们的是蜜月时候起的 在印度
Ours is from our honeymoon in India.
我叫她达吉令 而不是达令
We called each other “Darjeeling” instead of “darling.”
好傻
It’s so stupid.
我是不是要去看看她?
Maybe I should check on her.
去吧 达吉令
Yeah. Yeah, you do that, Darjeeling.
南希!
Oh, Nancy. Hey.
我刚才还在担心你 好了吗?
Well, I was worried about you. Are you feeling better?
我觉得 好多了
Yeah. Better. I think so.
你不大确定的话 离咖啡桌子远点
If you’re not sure, stay away from the coffee table.
我把毛巾放在浴缸里了 我不知道放哪里
I left a towel in the bathtub. I didn’t know where to put it.
很好
Perfect.
已经清理干净了?
You cleaned up.
我很抱歉
I am so sorry.
一切都好 万事OK
Everything’s fine. All is well.
我很抱歉 我没陪着你 我一心都想着这本画集
I’m sorry. I wasn’t there for you. I was so focused on the Kokoschka.
没关系
-That’s all right.
-不 我做得太差劲了 -别
-No. I I behaved poorly. -Please.
在浴室的时候我在想
In the bathroom, I was thinking.
嗯?
Yes?
或许我们忽视了
Yeah, maybe we glossed over the
这个
The
我是说
Well, I mean
什么?
What? What is it?
骂人肯定是不对的
Well, name-calling is a kind of abuse.
-当然 -那要看情况
-Sure. -It depends.
对 要看情况
Right. It depends.
扎卡里从来都不是暴♥力♥的孩子
Zachary has never been a violent child.
肯定有原因
He must have had his reasons.
比如被叫做是小人
Like getting called a snitch.
抱歉
Excuse me.
沃尔特
Yeah, Walter.
艾伦 CNN电视台邀请我去评论
Alan, CNN has invited me for a panel discussion.
直到没有受害者为止
Well, as long as there are no victims on the panel.
不能有受害者 你不能跟受害者坐一起
No victims. I don’t want you sitting down with victims.
否认 全盘否认
Deny, deny, deny.
如果有必要 我们可以起诉华尔街日报
If we have to, we’ll sue the Journal.
我们会电邮你发布会的草稿
Well, we’ll e-mail you the draft of the press release.
沃尔特 抱歉回聊
Walter, I’m sorry. I gotta go.
叫我小人 那肯定把我激怒了
Call me a snitch, it gets a rise out of me.
-除非说的是事实 -什么?
-Unless it’s true. -What?
你知道的 好比鞋子很合脚
You know, if the shoe fits.
-你觉得我儿子是个小人? -我也就开开玩笑
-You think my son is a snitch? -Come on. I’m joking around.
那你儿子也是
So is yours anyway.
-这又是什么意思? -他告发了扎卡里
-What do you mean, so is ours? -He snitched on Zachary.
-那是我们问出来的 -我们完全脱线了啊
-We coaxed it out of him. -We’re getting completely off point.
可能是你问了 但他还是告发了啊
Maybe you coaxed, but he did snitch on him.
-南希 -南希什么啊?
-Nancy. -“Nancy” what?
-你觉得我儿子是小人? -我什么也没觉得
-You think my son is a snitch? -I don’t think anything.
你要是什么都没觉得 就什么也不要说
Well, if you don’t think anything, don’t say anything.
-不要含沙射影 -南希
-Don’t make insinuations. -Nancy
没必要在这里吵
there’s no reason to lose our cool here.
迈克尔和我都在尽力调解 做到公平
Michael and I have gone out of our way to be fair-minded and conciliating.
不公平
Not so fair-minded.
-是吗? -表面上看着公平
-Really? -Superficially fair-minded.
杜兜 我得走了
Doodle, I have to go.
走吧 胆小鬼
So go. Coward.
南希 我现在可是冒着失去最重要客户的危险
Nancy, right now I’m in danger of losing my most important client.
所以这家长见面会啊 没完没了的斗嘴啊
This “caring parent” crap and the bickering that goes along with it
我儿子掉了两颗牙 门牙
Yeah, well, my son lost two teeth. Two incisors.
-是啊 我们知道了 -一颗是永久性的
-We got that, right. -One of them permanently.
他会有新牙的 更好的牙! 没人再把他怎样了!
He’ll get new teeth. Better ones. No one chewed his ear off.
我们不考虑一下问题的源头是错误的
It was a mistake not to consider the source of the problem.
没有什么源头
There is no source.
11岁的小孩 拿棍子伤人了!
There’s an 11-year-old kid who hits people with a stick!
-持械伤人 -我们换了那个词了
-Armed with a stick. -We took that word out.
我们叫你换你才换的
Took it out because we asked you to.
我们没有意见就换了
We took it out without argument.
这个词故意表现了动机
A word which deliberately establishes intent
排除了任何误解的可能
without any hint of a misunderstanding
也排除了他是孩子的事实
which excludes childhood.
我没法忍♥受这语气了
I don’t think I can stand this tone anymore.
我们一直都不在一个调上 从一开始
We’re not quite on the same page, you and l, right from the start.
考恩先生
Mr. Cowan
你一直责备我 因为
it is incredibly frustrating to be continually upbraided
我们已经承认的一个错误 很没趣的
for something that we, ourselves, admitted was a mistake.
好比 持械是不对 我们就换了
The word “armed” wasn’t right. We took it out.
严格的说 这词很准确
Though, strictly speaking, it certainly applies.
扎卡里被言语攻击了 所以反应过激
Zachary was verbally abused and he reacted.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!