为什么不去 你当时也在场
Why not? You were there.
你听到基廷说的话了
You heard Keating.
你就不想付诸行动吗
Don’t you want to do something about…?
我想 但是…
Yes, but, uh…
但是什么
But what?
基廷说每个人要轮流诵读
Keating said that everybody took turns reading,
可我不想读
and I don’t want to do that.
老天 你那方面真的有障碍 是吗
Gosh, you really have a problem with that, don’t you?
不 我没有障碍 尼尔 我只是…
No, I don’t have a problem. Neil, I just…
-我不想读 行吗 -好吧
– I don’t want to do it, okay? – All right.
如果你不用读诗呢
What if you didn’t have to read?
如果你只去听听呢
What if you just came and listened?
-规则不是这样的 -别管什么规则了
– That’s not how it works. – Forget how it works.
如果他们觉得这样可以呢
What if they said it was okay?
什么 你要过去问他们可不可以吗
What? What, are you gonna go up and ask them if?
-不 不 -我去去就来
– No, no. – I’ll be right back.
尼尔 尼尔
Neil. Neil.
你们能闭嘴吗
Oh, shut up, will you?
那是我的哮喘药 请你还给我好吗
That’s for my asthma, okay? Could you give that back, please?
你能还我吗
Could you give that back?
怎么了 你不喜欢蛇吗
What’s the matter? Don’t you like snakes?
-你一起来 -离我远点行吗
– You’re in. – Get away from me, okay?
呆瓜 你检查一下自己的口袋
Spaz, why don’t you check your pockets?
拜托 呆瓜 我要去刷牙了
Come on, Spaz. I have to brush my teeth.
快点 走开
Hurry up, get off.
那边的 不许喧哗
Cut out that racket in there.
五百年诗集
约翰·基廷
《五百年诗集》
死亡诗社会前颂词
走吧
Let’s go.
走了 走了 跟上
Let’s go, let’s go, come on.
我们快离开这里 走
Let’s get out of here. Go.
-我是死亡诗社的成员 -老天 查理
– I’m a dead poet. – Jesus, Charlie.
兄弟们 这边
Guys, over here.
你真有意思 你太有意思了
You’re funny. You’re real funny.
就是太湿了
It’s just too wet.
老天 你想把我们熏出去吗
God, you trying to smoke us out of here?
不是 烟会一直从这个洞口冒出去的
No, the smoke’s going right up this opening.
你还好吗
You okay?
-老天 -蠢蛋
– Oh, God. – Clod.
行了 行了 别管篝火了
All right, all right, forget the fire.
别管了 别管了
Forget it, forget it.
我们开始吧 兄弟们
Let’s go, gentlemen.
这就像试图点燃沼泽一样
It’s like trying to light a swamp.
我在此重建死亡诗社
I hereby reconvene the Dead Poets Society.
威尔顿学院分社
Welton Chapter.
集♥会♥将由我本人
The meetings will be conducted by myself
与现出席的新成员们管理
and the other new initiates now present.
托德·安德森 因为他不想诵读
Todd Anderson, because he prefers not to read,
所以由他来做会议记录
will keep minutes of the meetings.
现在我将诵读诗社成员
I’ll now read the traditional opening message
亨利·大卫·梭罗所写的传统开幕词
by society member Henry David Thoreau.
“我步入丛林 因为我希望活得随意
“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately.
我希望活得深刻 汲取生命所有的精华”
I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life.”
这我同意
I’ll second that.
“把非生命的一切都击溃
“To put to rout all that was not life,
以免我在弥留之际 发现自己从未真正活过”
and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived.”
基廷还在其他几页上做了标记
And Keating’s marked a bunch of other pages.
好了 中场休息
All right, intermission.
挖深点 就在这 就这里 放下吧
Dig deep, right here. Right here, lay it down.
放在土上吗 我们要把吃的放在泥土上吗
On the mud? We’re gonna put our food on the mud?
米克斯 把你的外套铺在地上当野餐布
Meeks, put your coat down. Picnic blanket.
-用米克斯的外套 -用米克斯的外套
– Use Meeks’ coat. – Use Meeks’ coat.
也不准私藏任何东西
Don’t keep anything back, either.
你们这群人总蹭我的烟
You guys are always bumming my smokes.
-葡萄干 -没错
– Raisins? – Yeah.
等一下
Wait a minute.
谁只带了半个面包
Who gave us half a roll?
我在吃另一半
I’m eating the other half.
-拜托 -怎么了 你要我还回去吗
– Come on. – What, you want me to put it back?
那是一个暗沉沉的雨夜
It was a dark and rainy night.
有一位热衷拼图游戏的老太太
And this old lady who had a passion for jigsaw puzzles
独自坐在家里的桌子旁
sat by herself in her house at her table
拼着一副新的拼图
to complete a new jigsaw puzzle.
当她把碎片拼到一起时
As she pieced the puzzle together,
她惊讶地发现
she realized to her astonishment
拼成的图像就是她自己的房♥间
that the image that was formed was her very own room,
当她完成后 才发现拼图中间的人
and the figure in the center of the puzzle, as she completed it,
是她自己
was herself.
她颤抖着双手 拼好最后四块
And with trembling hands, she placed the last four pieces
惊恐地盯着
and stared in horror
窗口那张恶魔般的疯子的面孔
at the face of a demented madman at the window.
这位老妇人听到的最后声响
The last thing that this old lady ever heard
是玻璃破碎的声音
was the sound of breaking glass.
-真的假的 -千真万确
– No shit. – Yes.
这是真的 是真的
This is true. This is true.
我还有个比这更刺♥激♥的
I’ve got one that’s even better than that.
真的 有一对年轻夫妇
I do. There’s a young married couple,
在长途旅行中 夜间开车穿过树林
and they’re driving through the forest at night from a long trip.
汽油用尽时 出现了一个疯子
They run out of gas, and there’s a madman…
是不是手很诡异的那个
That thing with the hands?
他把她丈夫的头给砍了
And he cuts her husband’s head off?
-我喜欢这故事 -是我告诉你的
– I love that story. – I told you that one.
才不是 我是六年级露营时听到的
You did not. I got that in, uh, camp in sixth grade.
仙肯路上有栋破旧老宅
In a mean abode in the Shanking road.
里面住着一个叫威廉·布洛特的男人
Lived a man named William Bloat;
他有个妻子 却是他的克星
Now, he had a wife, the plague of his life,
总令他忍♥不住发怒
who continually got his goat.
一天黎明 她穿着睡衣
And one day at dawn, with her night shift on,
他割开了她的喉咙
he slit her bloody throat.
-后面更可怕呢 -你们想听真正的诗吗
– Oh, and it gets worse. – You want to hear a real poem?
-想要这个吗 -不 我不要 拿走
– Want this? – No, I don’t need it. Get this out of here.
-是你带来的吗 -你把诗背下来了
– Did you bring one? – You memorized a poem?
我没有背诗 移个位置
I didn’t memorize a poem. Move up.
查理·德尔顿的原创
An original piece by Charlie Dalton.
原创
An original piece.
-站中间 -真是历史性的时刻
– Take center stage. – You know this is history, right?
历史性的时刻
This is history.
你从哪搞来的
Where did you get that?
教我如何去爱
Teach me to love?
多教己智慧吧
Go teach thy self more wit;
我乃这方面的首席教授
I chief Professor am of it.
如果真有爱神存在的话 我即爱神
The God of Love. If such a thing there be.
不如向我学习如何去爱
May learn to love from me.
你自己写的吗
Did you write that?
亚伯拉罕·考利[英国诗人]Abraham Cowley.
下一个是谁
Okay, who’s next?
阿佛烈·丁尼生男爵[英国诗人]Alfred Lord Tennyson.
来吧 朋友们
Come, my friends.
找寻新世界还为时不晚
‘Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
因我的梦想 是扬帆到日落之后的地方
For my purpose holds, to sail beyond the sunset.
尽管现今无法实现
And though we are not now.
但旧日的力量 曾撼动天地
That strength which in old days. Moved earth and heaven.
而我们 也同样如此
That which we are, we are.
仍有着英雄般的壮志
One equal temper of heroic hearts.
任由时间和命运摧残 意志却永不妥协
Made weak by time and fate. But strong in will.
努力 寻找 发现
To strive, to seek, to find.
绝不屈服
And not to yield.
我曾有信仰 我曾有梦想
Then I had religion. Then I had a vision.
但我却逃不开他们狂野的奚笑
I could not turn from their revel in derision.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black.
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!