接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black.
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black.
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black.
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
拿着 米克斯 拿走
Take it, Meeks. Take it away.
如同金色的小径穿过森林
Cutting through the forest with a golden track.
接着我看到了刚果河 蜿蜒在黑土地上
Then I saw the Congo, creeping through the black
不要用”很累” 用”精疲力竭”
A man is not very tired, he is exhausted.
别用”很难过” 用…
And don’t use “Very sad,” use…
来吧 奥弗斯崔特先生 你个小捣蛋
Come on, Mr. Overstreet, you twerp.
-闷闷不乐 -没错 闷闷不乐
– Morose? – Exactly, morose.
语言的形成只有一个目的 是什么
Now, language was developed for one endeavor, and that is?
安德森先生 好好想想 你是人还是阿米巴虫
Mr. Anderson? Come on, are you a man or an amoeba?
佩利先生
Mr. Perry?
-为了交流 -错 为了讨好女人
– To communicate. – No. To woo women.
今天我们要谈谈威廉·莎士比亚
Today we’re gonna be talking about William Shakespeare.
-老天 -我懂的
– Oh, God. – I know.
你们很多人对这个
A lot of you look forward to this
和对牙齿根管治疗一样毫无兴趣
about as much as you look forward to root canal work.
我们即将讨论的莎士比亚
We’re gonna talk about Shakespeare
是一位写出很多妙趣横生的作品的人
as someone who writes something very interesting.
你们大多数人看过莎士比亚这样的词句
Now, many of you have seen Shakespeare done very much like this:
噢 泰特斯 带你的朋友来
O, Titus, bring your friend hither.
出自莎士比亚复仇悲剧戏剧《泰特斯》
但如果你们看过马龙·白兰度先生的表演
But if any of you have seen Mr. Marlon Brando,
就知道莎士比亚也有很多面
You know Shakespeare can be different.
朋友们 罗马人 乡亲们 请听我言
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.
你们也可以想像下约翰·韦恩饰演的麦克白
You can also imagine maybe John Wayne as Macbeth going:
“我眼前的是把匕♥首♥吗”
“Well, is this a dagger I see before me?”
“要狗吗 先生”
“Dogs, sir?”
“现在不用”
“Oh, not just now.”
“我确实时不时想吃点狗肉 先生
“I do enjoy a good dog once in a while, sir.
一只狗能做成三道菜的大餐
You can have yourself a three-course meal from one dog.
前餐是犬类生菜沙拉
Start with your canine crudités,
主菜是火酌狗肉
go to your Fido flambé for main course,
而甜点 则是狮子狗冻糕
and for dessert, a Pekingese parfait.
还能用它的小爪子剔牙”
And you can pick your teeth with a little paw.”
我为什么要站在这上面 各位
Why do I stand up here? Anybody?
-为了觉得高一些 -错
– To feel taller. – No.
不过感谢参与 德尔顿先生
Thank you for playing, Mr. Dalton.
我站在讲台上提醒自己
I stand upon my desk to remind myself
我们必须时常用不同的眼光看待事物
that we must constantly look at things in a different way.
从这上面看 世界看起来大不相同
You see, the world looks very different from up here.
你们不相信吗
You don’t believe me?
自己上来看看 快来
Come see for yourselves. Come on.
快来
Come on.
当你以为自己知晓某事时
Just when you think you know something,
你就得换个角度审视
you have to look at it in another way.
尽管也许会显得愚笨或错误 但你必须尝试
Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try.
当你们阅读时 不要光考虑作者的想法
Now, when you read, don’t just consider what the author thinks.
考虑自己的想法
Consider what you think.
孩子们 你们必须努力找寻自己的声音
Boys, you must strive to find your own voice.
因为你开始得越晚
Because the longer you wait to begin,
找寻到的可能性就越小
the less likely you are to find it at all.
梭罗曾说”多数人都生活在平静的绝望中”
Thoreau said, “Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.”
不要逆来顺受 要破茧而出
Don’t be resigned to that. Break out.
别像旅鼠一样战战兢兢地只关注眼前 看看你们周围
Don’t just walk off the edge like lemmings, look around you.
好样的 普里斯克先生 谢谢 就这样
There. There you go, Mr. Priske. Thank you, yes.
敢于创新 开拓新领域
Dare to strike out and find new ground.
除了论文以外
Now, in addition to your essays,
我想让大家创作一首诗 原创诗歌♥
I would like you to compose a poem of your own. An original work.
没错
That’s right.
周一你们要在全班同学面前朗读自己的作品
You have to deliver it aloud in front of the class on Monday.
祝你们好运 先生们
Bonne chance, gentlemen.
安德森先生
Mr. Anderson?
别以为我不知道
Don’t think that I don’t know
这作业把你吓得屁滚尿流 可怜虫
that this assignment scares the hell out of you, you mole.
每两下增加一次动力
Take a power train in two.
三下
Three.
-眼睛盯着船 -划
– Keep your eyes in the boat. – Stroke.
-快点 队长 -加把劲
– Quick, captain. – Let’s go.
收到了 皮茨 收到了
We got it, Pittsie, we got it.
美国自♥由♥电台
Radio Free America.
我们梦想着新的一天
当新的一天不曾来临
我们在等待一场战斗…
再来一次
Let’s do it again.
-我找到了 -找到什么了
– I found it. – You found what?
我现在想做的事 我内心真正的渴望
What I want to do right now. What’s really, really inside of me.
亨利礼堂献上
《仲夏夜之梦》
-《仲夏夜之梦》 -就是它
– “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”? – This is it.
-那是什么 -是部戏剧 傻瓜
– What is that? – It’s a play, dummy.
这我知道 但跟你有什么关系
I know that. What does it have to do with you?
他们要在亨利礼堂上演这个戏剧
All right, they’re putting it on at Henley Hall.
公开试镜 公开试镜
Open tryouts. Open tryouts.
-好吧 所以呢 -所以
– Yes, so? – So…
我要去表演
I’m gonna act.
没错 我要成为一个演员
Yes, yes, I’m gonna be an actor.
从我记事起 我就想尝试演戏
Ever since I can remember, I’ve wanted to try this.
去年我甚至尝试去了夏令剧目试镜
I even tried to go to summer stock auditions last year,
但自然 我父亲不同意
but, of course, my father wouldn’t let me.
但我这辈子头一回 知道了自己想干什么
For the first time in my whole life, I know what I want to do.
而这一次 我要放手去干
And for the first time, I’m gonna do it!
无论我父亲是否同意 把握当下
Whether my father wants me to or not. Carpe diem!
尼尔 尼尔 等等
Neil, Neil, hold on.
如果你父亲不允许 你要怎么演戏
How are you gonna be in a play if your father won’t let you?
首先 我要拿下这个角色 然后再担心这事
First, I gotta get the part, then I can worry about that.
如果他发现你去试镜
Won’t he kill you if he finds
但没有告诉他 难道他不会杀了你吗
out you went to an audition and didn’t tell him?
不会 不不不 在我看来
No. No no no no. As far as I’m concerned,
他不需要知道这件事
he won’t have to know about any of this.
-那是不可能的 -胡说 一切皆有可能
– That’s impossible. – Bullshit, nothing’s impossible.
不如你给他打个电♥话♥问问 也许他会同意
Why don’t you just call him and ask him? Maybe he’ll say yes.
真可笑
That’s a laugh.
如果我不问他 至少我不会违背他
If I don’t ask him, at least I won’t be disobeying him.
话是没错 但如果他不同意
Yeah, but if he said no…
天呐 托德 你到底站在哪一边
Jesus, Todd, whose side are you on?
我都还没拿到角色呢
I mean, I haven’t even gotten the part yet.
难道我连享受一下这个想法都不可以吗
Can’t I even enjoy the idea for a little while?
今天下午的集♥会♥你会去吧
You’re coming to the meeting this afternoon?
我不知道 也许
I don’t know. Maybe.
基廷老师说的于你而言都是屁话 对吧 托德
Nothing Mr. Keating has to say means shit to you, does it, Todd?
-你这话什么意思 -你是诗社的成员
– What does that mean? – You’re in the club.
参与这个社团意味着你会被触动
Being in the club means being stirred up by things.
你看上去像一潭死水
You look about as stirred up as a cesspool.
-你想让我退出吗 -不 我希望你加入
– So you want me out? – No, I want you in.
但加入意味着你要采取行动
But being in means you gotta do something,
不仅仅是嘴上说说
not just say you’re in.
听着 尼尔
Well, listen, Neil.
谢谢你的关心 但我和你不同 好吗
I appreciate this concern, but I’m not like you, all right?
你说的话有人听
You say things and people listen.
-而我不一样 -你不觉得你也可以做到吗
– I’m not like that. – Don’t you think you could be?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!