希望是这样 因为我爱他
I only wish it were, Walter, ’cause I still love him.
尼诺 菲莉与尼诺
Zachetti. Phyllis and Zachetti.
他去她家里做什么
What was he doing up at her house?
我想不通
I couldn’t figure that one out.
我尝试思索 却苦无结果
I tried to make sense out of it and got nowhere.
但真正的思索在翌日出现
But the real braintwister came the next day.
巴顿
You sprang it on me, Keyes,
当你在放办公时间后
after office hours, when you caught me…
在大堂叫我时发生的
down in the lobby of the building.
华达 等一下
Walter. Walter, just a minute.
嗨 巴顿 听好了 华达
Hello, Keyes. Just hang on to your hat, Walter.
什么事 没什么
What for? Oh, nothing much.
狄氏案终于真♥相♥大白
That Dietrichson case just busted wide open.
怎么说 那家伙出现了
How do you mean? The guy showed. That’s how.
什么家伙 协助她的家伙
What guy? The guy who helped her do it.
另一个人
The somebody else?
真的吗 对 她刚入庭控告我们
No kidding? Yeah. She just filed suit against us.
我已准备好了
It’s okay by me.
上法庭时
When we get them in that courtroom,
我会迎头痛击他俩
I’ll tear them to pieces, both of them.
来 我请你喝马天尼 不 谢了
Come on. I’ll buy you a martini, Walter. No thanks, Keyes.
加两片橄榄叶
With two olives.
不 我约了人 要剃须擦鞋
No, I’ve got to get a shave and a shoeshine. I’ve got a date.
玛琪 大概还是用瓶子喝酒
Margie. I still bet she drinks from the bottle.
你买♥♥雪茄 售货员会给你火柴
They give you matches when you buy cigars, you know.
你只需要开口问
All you have to do is ask for them.
我不喜欢
Don’t like them,
总是在我口袋爆♥炸♥ 再见 华达
they always explode in my pocket. So long, Walter.
我害怕得发抖
I was scared stiff, Keyes.
也许你在跟我玩猫捉老鼠
Maybe you were playing cat-and-mouse with me.
也许你一直知道我就是同谋
Maybe you knew all along I was the somebody else.
我知道答案在哪里 你的办公室
I had to find out, and I knew where to look. In your office.
致卢敦先生的备忘录
Memo to Mr. Norton.
机 密 狄氏案
Confidential. Dietrichson file.
关于你提议
With regard to your proposal to
监视黎华达
put Walter Neff under surveillance…
我对此极为反对
I disagree absolutely.
我已调查过他在案发当晚的行踪
I have investigated his movements on the night of the crime…
他从下午7时至15时一直在寓所
and he’s definitely placed in his apartment from 7:15 p.m. On.
况且 我与华达是11年的深交
In addition to this, I have known Neff intimately for 11 years…
我愿意担♥保♥他的人格 毫无保留
and I personally vouch for him without reservation.
况且 黎华达
Furthermore, no connection whatsoever has been established…
与狄太太没有关联
between Walter Neff and Mrs. Phyllis Dietrichson…
但我现在
whereas I am now able to report
可以指出
that such a connection has been established…
她和另一位男子有关联
between her and another man.
这人曾被目睹在7月9 10 11
This man has been observed to visit Mrs. Dietrichson…
12 13日多次探访狄太太
on the nights of July 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th and 13th.
我们成功认出该人是卓尼诺
We have succeeded in identifying him as one Nino Zachetti…
28岁的前医科学生
former medical student, age of 28…
住在拉布利亚南街
residing at Lilac Court Apartments…
紫香阁1228号♥
12281/2 North La Brea Avenue.
我们调查过卓尼诺 在案发当晚的行踪
We have checked Zachetti’s movements on the night of the crime…
发现他没有不在场证据
and have found that they cannot be accounted for.
我正准备一份详细报告给你参详
I am preparing a more detailed report for your consideration.
我深信我们已经
It is my belief that
有足够证据
we already have sufficient evidence against Zachetti…
让警♥察♥向尼诺及狄太太采取行动
and Mrs. Dietrichson to justify police action.
我强烈要求
I strongly urge
将个案
that this whole matter be turned over to the office…
交给检查处
of the district attorney.
祁巴顿敬上
Respectfully, Barton Keyes.
菲莉 我是华达 我非见你不可 今晚
Phyllis? It’s Walter. I’ve got to see you. Tonight.
是 一定要今晚
Yes, it has to be tonight.
11时如何
How’s 11:00?
不用担心巴顿
Don’t worry about Keyes.
前门不要锁上 把灯关掉就行
Just leave the front door unlocked and put the lights out.
不 没人再监视房♥子
No, nobody’s watching the house. Not anymore.
只是不想邻居看见 我说过不用担心巴顿
It’s just for the neighbors. I told you not to worry about Keyes.
今晚11时见
I’ll see you at 11:00. Yeah.
好 再见 宝贝
Goodbye, baby.
我大概
I guess I don’t have to tell you…
不用跟你说我的企图
what I intended to do at 11:00, Keyes.
我第一次看见
For the first time,
自己处于什么困局
I saw a way to get clear of the whole mess I was in…
还有菲莉的困局
and of Phyllis, too, all at the same time.
对 那是我的想法
Yeah, that’s what I thought.
但我没想到她另有计划
What I didn’t know was that she had plans of her own.
进来 华达
In here, Walter.
嗨 宝贝
Hello, baby.
有其他人在吗 没有 怎么了
Anybody else in the house? Nobody. Why?
什么音乐 街外的收音机
What’s that music? A radio up the street.
跟我初次来的情况一样
Just like the first time I came here, isn’t it?
我们在谈汽车保险
We were talking about automobile insurance.
但你只想到谋财害命
Only you were thinking about murder.
我只想到脚镯
I was thinking about that anklet.
你现在想什么
And what are you thinking about now?
我已经想清楚
I’m all through thinking, baby.
我只是来道别 道别
I just came to say goodbye. Goodbye?
你去哪里 你继续玩游戏 我不玩了
Where are you going? You’re the one that’s going, baby. Not me.
我现在就要下车
I’m getting off the trolley car right at this corner.
不要拐弯抹角 有话直接说
Suppose you stop being fancy. Let’s have it, whatever it is.
好 我告诉你 我朋友作出一个有趣理论
All right, I’ll tell you. A friend of mine’s got a funny theory.
他说当两个人
He says when two people commit a murder,
犯下谋杀案
it’s sort of like they’re riding…
就好像两人一起坐车
on a trolley car together. One can’t get off without the other.
两人被困在一起
They’re stuck with each other and they have to go on…
直至终站才能下车
riding together clear to the end of the line.
而终站就是坟墓
And the last stop is the cemetery.
也许他有线索 说得对
Maybe he’s got something there. You bet he has.
两人要到终站才能下车
Two people are gonna ride to the end of the line, all right.
但我不会是其中一人
Only I’m not gonna be one of them.
我找到另一个人替我完成旅程
I’ve got another guy to finish my ride for me.
你在说谁 你的朋友
Just who are you talking about? An acquaintance of yours.
卓先生
A Mr. Zachetti.
我参与此事
Come on, baby, I just got into this thing…
只因为
because I happen to know
我了解保险
a little something about insurance, didn’t I?
我是个无用的人
I was a sucker.
你一收到钱
I’d have been brushed off
就会甩掉我
just as soon as you got your hands on the money.
没人会甩掉你 省口气吧 让我告诉你
Nobody wanted to brush you off. Save it. I’m telling this.
你一直与卓你尼诺合谋 是吗
It’s been you and that Zachetti guy all along, hasn’t it?
不是
That’s not true.
无论如何 分别都不大了
Doesn’t make any difference if it’s true or not.
巴顿相信他要找的人
The point is, Keyes believes Zachetti is
是卓尼诺
the one he’s been looking for.
卓尼诺不用多久
He’ll have him in that gas chamber
就会被判死刑
before he knows what’s happened to him.
我怎么了 别傻了
What’s happening to me all this time? Don’t be silly, baby.
你以为呢
What do you think is gonna happen to you?
你是他的帮凶 不是吗
You helped him do the murder, didn’t you?
那是祁巴顿的想法
That’s what Keyes thinks.
既然如此 我就来个顺水推舟
And what’s good enough for Keyes is good enough for me.
我不同意
Maybe it’s not good enough for me, Walter.
这个做法
Maybe I don’t go for the idea.
我宁愿一走了之
Maybe I’d rather talk.
有时人会穷途末路
Sometimes people are where they can’t talk.
甚至被埋在泥土
Under six feet of dirt, maybe.
若那是你
And if it was you,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!