这份保单很具吸引力
I have a very attractive policy here.
只需要两分钟
It wouldn’t take me two minutes
就能像你丈夫介绍
to put it in front of your husband.
例如撞车赔偿
For instance, we’re writing a new kind of 50% retention feature…
有50%自留额
in the collision coverage.
你是个聪明的保险员
You’re a smart insurance man, aren’t you, Mr. Neff?
我已经入行11年 做得不错
Well, I’ve been at it 11 years. Doing pretty well?
只是谋生活
It’s a living.
你做汽车保险抑或各类保险
You handle just automobile insurance, or all kinds?
各类 火灾 地震 偷盗
All kinds. Fire, earthquake, theft,
公众责任 集体保险
public liability, group insurance…
工业事故 彻头彻尾
industrial stuff and so on, right down the line.
意外保险
Accident insurance?
当然 狄太太
Accident insurance? Sure, Mrs. Dietrichson.
你的踝环刻了什么
Wish you’d tell me what’s engraved on that anklet.
只是我的名字 未请教
Just my name. As, for instance?
菲莉 菲莉
Phyllis. Phyllis, huh?
很好听 但你不肯定
I think I like that. But you’re not sure?
我在附近来回了几次
I’d have to drive it around the block a couple of times.
不如你明天晚上八时半过来
Mr. Neff, why don’t you drop by tomorrow evening around 8:30?
他会在家 谁
He’ll be in then. Who?
我丈夫 你不是想跟他谈吗
My husband. You were anxious to talk to him, weren’t you?
是的 但是我已经忘了来意
Yeah, I was, but I’m sort of getting over the idea…
你明白吗
if you know what I mean.
这个州份有时速限制 每小时45里
There’s a speed limit in this state, Mr. Neff. 45 miles an hour.
我时速多少 大约90里
How fast was I going, officer? I’d say around 90.
你要从电单车下来给我告票
Suppose you get down off your motorcycle and give me a ticket.
我今次暂且给你警告
Suppose I let you off with a warning this time.
若我不听警告
Suppose it doesn’t take.
我会一拳打晕你
Suppose I have to whack you over the knuckles.
我会嚎啕大哭 伏在你的肩膀
Suppose I bust out crying and put my head on your shoulder.
不如伏在我丈夫的肩膀
Suppose you try putting it on my husband’s shoulder.
好了
That tears it.
明晚八时半 没问题
8:30 tomorrow evening then. That’s what I suggested.
你也会在家 我通常是
Will you be here, too? I guess so, I usually am.
相同椅子子 香水 踝环
Same chair, same perfume, same anklet?
我不肯定是否明白你的意思
I wonder if I know what you mean.
我不肯定你是否不肯定
I wonder if you wonder.
那天下午很炎热
It was a hot afternoon and I can still remember…
我还记得街上的忍♥冬的气味
the smell of honeysuckle all along that street.
没想到谋杀的气味
How could I have known that murder can sometimes
犹如忍♥冬
smell like honeysuckle?
也许你会知道 巴顿
Maybe you would have known, Keyes…
当她一提到意外保险的时候 但我没有
the minute she mentioned accident insurance, but I didn’t.
我心情愉快
I felt like a million.
我回办公室看是否有邮件
I went back to the office to see if I had any mail.
那天英格活货车司机
It was the day you had that truck driver
来找你
from Inglewood on the carpet.
记得吗 巴顿
Remember, Keyes?
黎先生 祈先生想见你
Mr. Neff, Mr. Keyes wants to see you.
他整个下午嚷着要找你
He’s been yelling for you all afternoon.
他是不是只想找人吗
Is he sore, or just frothing at the mouth a little?
帮我放好
Park this for me, will you, sweetheart?
嗨 华达 嗨 佐治
Hello, Walter. Hi, George.
拜托
Come on. Come on, Garlopis.
你休想骗任何人
You’re not kidding anybody with that line of bull.
你身陷囹圉 你很清楚 谁说的
You’re in a jam and you know it. Says you.
我只要钱 谁说的
All I want is my money. Says you.
你只会见到警♥察♥ 嗨 华达
All you’re gonna get is the cops. Hello, Walter.
这位是英格活的高森姆 我认识高先生
This is Sam Garlopis from Inglewood. Sure, I know Mr. Garlopis.
我帮他草拟货车的保单 你好吗 高先生
Wrote a policy on his truck. How are you, Mr. Garlopis?
我不好 火车被焚毁 对 听着
I ain’t so good. My truck burned down. Yeah. Now look, Garlopis.
我每个月都收到上百份的索偿
Every month hundreds of claims come to this desk.
有些是假的 我一看就知
Some of them are phonies, and I know which ones.
我怎知道 有个隐形人告诉我
How do I know? Because my little man tells me.
什么隐形人 在这里的隐形人
What little man? The little man in here.
每次有虚假索偿出现
Every time one of these phonies comes along,
他就会帮我在胃里打结
it ties knots in my stomach.
令我寝食难安
I can’t eat.
你就是其一
Yours is one of them, Garlopis.
所以我知道这是虚假索偿
That’s how I knew your claim was crooked.
你做了什么
So what did I do?
我今天下午派拖车去你的车房♥
I sent a tow car over to your garage this afternoon…
他们托起你的货车
and they jacked up that burned-out truck of yours.
知道他们发现什么
And what did they find?
找到一堆整齐的碎纸
They found what was left of a neat pile of shavings.
什么碎纸
What shavings?
你用来浸火水 然后掉下火柴
The ones you soaked with kerosene and dropped a match on.
我只是个可怜人 也许犯了错
Look, Mister, I’m just a poor guy. Maybe I made a mistake.
你可以这样说
That’s one way of putting it.
我有点不舒服 祈先生
I ain’t feeling so good, Mr. Keyes.
这里 签完就会觉得舒服
Here. Just a minute. Sign this and you’ll feel fine.
签什么 说你放弃索偿 这里
Sign what? It’s a waiver on your claim. Right here.
这里 这里
Here? Here.
你又做回诚实人 再见
Now you’re an honest man again. Goodbye, Garlopis.
但我现在没货车了
But I ain’t got no more truck.
我住的地方只值2 000元
$2,600 is lot of dough where I live.
怎么了 你不懂得开门
What’s the matter, Garlopis, don’t you know how to open the door?
将手放在把手 然后转左
Just put your hand on the knob, turn it to the left.
拉向自己
Now pull it toward you.
对了 谢谢
That’s the boy. Thank you, Mr. Keyes.
怎么打扮成这样
What kind of an outfit is this, anyway?
我们是
Are we an insurance company,
保险公♥司♥
or just a bunch of dimwitted amateurs…
抑或外行人
to write a policy on a mug like that?
等等 他不是由我评估
Now, wait a minute, Keyes. I don’t rate this beef.
我在他的申请表上写着…
I clipped a note to that Garlopis application…
接受风险前要进行详细评估
to have him thoroughly investigated…
我知道 我不是埋怨你
before we accepted the risk. I know you did, Walter.
这是公♥司♥的
I’m not beefing at you.
一贯做法
It’s the company. It’s the way they do things.
这样子他们就什么都不需要做
The way they don’t do things!
他们只要
The way they’ll write anything
填写销♥售♥表格
just to get it down on the sales sheet.
我就负责留意
And I’m the guy
虚假索偿
that has to sit here up to my neck in phony claims…
让他们不会
so they won’t
入不敷支
throw more money out the window than they take in at the door.
别转弯抹角 快入正题
Okay, turn the record over, let’s hear the other side.
我受够了一群
Well, I get darn sick of trying to
口若悬河的销♥售♥员
pick up after a gang of fast-talking salesmen…
他们向危险人士
dumb enough to sell life insurance to a guy…
出♥售♥人寿保险
who sleeps in the same bed with four rattlesnakes.
华达 26年了
Walter, I’ve had 26 years of this and let me tell you,
我觉得…
I’m getting…
你乐在其中
Yeah, and you’ve loved every minute of it, Keyes.
你敬业乐业
You love it,
只是杞人忧天 你和你的隐形人
only you worry about it too darn much, you and your little man.
你太谨慎行事 将自己逼疯
You’re so darn conscientious, you’re driving yourself crazy.
你要看日历才敢说
You wouldn’t even say today is Tuesday
今天是星期二
unless you looked at the calendar.
再研究这是今年
Then you’d check to see if it was this year’s
或是去年的日历
or last year’s calendar.
再研究哪间公♥司♥印刷日历
Then you’d find out who printed the calendar…
再研究是否
and find out if their calendar
根据世界年历
checked with the World Almanac’s calendar.
够了 华达
Now, that’s enough from you, Walter.
在我未赶你之前 快滚出去
Now, get out of here before I throw my desk at you.
我也爱你
I love you, too.
真的 你这老顽固
I really did, too, you old crab…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!