-你确定 -真的 他没说
-You sure? -Honestly, he didn’t.
他说了我一定会告诉你的
Cal, I’d tell you if he did. Honestly, I would.
现在一切都很顺利 这里
Now everything’s gonna go off fine. Here.
哦 扫把
Oh, the brooms.
-别泄漏了我的计划 -不会的
-Don’t do anything to give me away. -I wouldn’t.
我们让他进来 让他自己发现这些
We’ll let him come in here and let the house speak for itself.
-我们要表现得枕像平常的日子 -好 等等 卡尔
-We’ll just act like it’s any other old day. -Yes. Wait, Cal.
卡尔
There. Cal.
卡尔
Cal.
你看来很棒
You look wonderful.
谢谢
Thanks.
但我需要我儿子 崔斯克先生
But I need my son, Mr. Trask.
并不是因为他不想扞卫国家 他想的
It isn’t that he doesn’t want to fight for his country. He does.
我需要他在农场工作
I need him to work the farm.
事情可能如你所说的那么糟 皮斯克拉先生
Oh, things can’t be as bad as you say, Mr. Piscora.
你在谷类上一定赚了不少钱
You must be making plenty of money out of your crops.
没钱 我早在播种前 就把今年的谷类以5分钱卖♥♥掉了
No money. I sold this year’s crop for 5 cents before I even planted it.
一切都变贵了
Everything cost so much now.
现在我得卖♥♥明年的谷类 所以我需要我儿子
And now I got to sell next year crop. So I need my boy.
我没办法呀 皮斯克拉先生
I can do nothing about it, Mr. Piscora.
我了解 但我仍不能原谅你儿子
In all conscience, I cannot excuse your son.
-来 爸爸 -我不喜欢
-Come on, Papa. -I don’t like it.
我告诉你 我不喜欢这样
I’m telling you. I don’t like it.
哈罗 艾伯拉 真高兴见到你
Oh, hello, Abra. Nice to see you.
-要留下来吃晚饭吗 -对 有什么事情吗
-Gonna stay for dinner? -Yes, I am. Is something the matter?
不 没事 我想我不该接受兵役部的工作
Oh, no, nothing. I guess I shouldn’t have taken that job in the draft board.
-你注意到塔洛山上的雪了 -对 我看到了
-Oh, did you notice the snow on Mount Toro? -Yes, I saw it.
这表示明年会丰收呢
Say, that means we got a good year coming in.
-应该好好利用 -我们进去吧
-Well, we could use it. -Hey, let’s go in.
-生日快乐 老爸 -生日快乐 崔斯克先生
-Happy birthday, Dad. -Happy birthday, Mr. Trask.
可能吗 我真威动
Is it possible? I’m very touched.
让你吓一跳吧
Are you surprised?
真没想到 我完全忘记了
I had no idea. I’d forgotten completely.
我们就知道你忘了 对吧
We knew you had, didn’t we?
没错 我真不知道该说什么
Completely. I don’t know what to say.
我们烤了火鸡
We got… Hey, we got turkey.
-还有香槟 -香槟 还有这一切呢
-And champagne. -Champagne. Oh, we got all the trimmings.
香槟
Champagne.
-我们有做装饰喔 -真漂亮
-We got the trimmings here. -Oh, isn’t that pretty? Yes.
我 呃
I uh…
我有礼物给你
got something for you.
也是礼物 真漂亮 看
Oh, presents too. Isn’t that nice? Look.
-你不打开吗 -我会
-Ain’t you gonna open it up? -Oh, yes. Yes.
老爸 艾伯拉 和我也有礼物
Dad, Abra and I have one for you too,
只不过我们没办法真的给你
only we can’t exactly give it to you.
我事先没告诉 艾伯拉 但我们订婚了
I didn’t tell Abra I was going to do this, but we’re engaged.
这真是最棒的礼物了
I couldn’t have wished for anything nicer.
真甜蜜的生日礼物
A lovely birthday present.
-我祝福你们 -谢谢 老爸
-You have my blessing. -Thank you, Dad.
-但你还没打开卡尔的礼物呢 -还没
-But you haven’t opened Cal’s present yet. -No, no.
但我实在想不出比这更好的礼物了
But I can’t imagine having anything better than this.
抱歉
Excuse me.
当然我早就猜想到了 不过 卡尔 回到我的生日
Of course I suspected it right along. But, Cal, coming on my birthday.
这是什么
What’s this?
这是什么
What is this?
我赚的 给你的 这是你在莴苣上损失的钱
Well, uh, I made it. And it’s for you. It’s all the money you lost on the lettuce.
-你赚的 怎么赚 -是的
-You made it? But how? -Yup.
说呀
Go on.
-豆子 -豆子
-Beans. -Beans?
对 我们用5分钱买♥♥了期货
Yes, we bought futures at 5 cents…
然复战争开始 价格此大大高涨
and the war came along and the price went sky-high.
所以 这是给你的
So, um, that’s for you.
是所有你在莴苣事业上损失的钱
It’s all the money you lost in the lettuce business.
是给你的
That’s for you.
-我赚来给你的 -你得还回去
-I made it for you. -Cal, you will have to give it back.
不 老爸 我为你去赚的 我要你拥有它
No, I made it for you, Dad. I want you to have it.
-你必须还回去 -还给谁 我怎么能
-You will have to give it back. -Who? I can’t give it…
-还给给你钱的人 -不 英国采购协会
-To the people you got it from. -No, the British Purchasing Agency?
-我没办法还 -还给那些被你抢劫的农人
-I can’t give it back to them. -Give it to the farmers you robbed.
我们没有抢劫任何人 老爸
We didn’t rob anybody, Dad.
我们是以每4 53克2分的价钱去买♥♥的
We paid 2 cents a pound, 2 cents over market for that stuff.
卡尔
Cal.
我签了名 男孩们出战 有些人死亡
I sign my name and boys go out and some die…
有些人无助地活着 没有手臂和双腿
and some live helpless without arms and legs.
没有一个肢体完好地回来
Not one will come back untorn.
你认为我会从这中问获利吗
Do you think I could take a profit from that?
我不要这钱 卡尔 我不会拿的
I don’t want the money, Cal! I couldn’t take it!
-我威谢你的体贴 但 -我替你留着
-I thank you for the thought, but… -I’ll keep it for you.
我会把它包起来 就留在这里
I’ll wrap it up and we’ll just keep it in here…
我永不会要的
I’ll never take it.
儿子 我会很高兴
Son, I’d be happy if you’d give me…
如果你给我像你哥哥那样的东西
something like… Well, like your brother’s given me.
-些真诚 人性和善良的东西 别生气 儿子
Something honest and human and good. Don’t be angry, son.
如果你要给我礼物 给我一个好生活
If you want to give me a present, give me a good life.
那是我会珍惜的礼物
That’s something I could value.
卡尔
Cal.
卡尔
Cal.
我恨你
I hate you!
艾伯拉
Abra?
你要做什么
What are you doing?
哦 卡尔
Cal. Oh Cal.
他不要我的任何东西
He doesn’t want anything from me.
卡尔 别这样
Cal, don’t. Don’t.
请别这样
Please, don’t.
卡尔 卡尔
Cal. Cal.
艾伯拉
Abra!
不准你再碰她
Don’t you ever touch her again.
我不信任你
I don’t trust you.
你一点也不好
You’re no good.
你又坏又恶毒而且粗野 你总是这样
You’re mean and vicious and wild, and you always have been.
你自己也知道 对吧
You know it too, don’t you?
父亲和我从你还小时枕尽力避免
Father and I have put up with every vicious thing…
所有你能想像出的坏事 我们总是原谅你
you could think of since you were a child, and we’ve always forgiven you.
但现在我不要你靠近艾伯拉
But now I don’t want you to go near Abra.
我不要你跟她说话 离她远远的
I don’t want you to talk with her. Just stay away from her!
-你要跟我去个地方吗 艾伦 -为什么
-You wanna go some place with me, Aron? -Why should I?
我有东西要给你看
I got something to show you.
-我想你会觉得很有趣 -你在说什么
-Think you’ll find it very interesting. -What are you talking about?
或许我们的母亲没死 也没去天堂 艾伦
Maybe our mother didn’t die and go to heaven after all, Aron.
-你是什么意思 -或许她没死
-What do you mean by that? -Maybe she didn’t.
或许她活在某个地方
Maybe she’s alive someplace.
你现在想做什么
What are you up to now?
记得我们还小时 常会编有关她的故事
Remember when we were kids, we used to make up stories about her?
你说她一定像天上最年轻的天使 记得吗
You said she must have looked like heaven’s youngest angel, remember that?
记得我杀死那只兔子
Remember that time I shot that rabbit?
你哭了 还说
You cried and you said…
她一定也会哭的 因为她很心软善良
that she would have cried too, because she was so tenderhearted.
你说我很坏 你记得吗
And you said I was bad, you remember that?
我只是想给你看样东西 不会花太久时问
I just wanna show you something. It’s not gonna take very long.
怎么了 你怕
What’s the matter, you afraid?
你要给我看的东西 我才不会怕
I’m not afraid to look at anything you could show me.
就这一次 你能面对真实吗
Can you look at the truth, just once? Huh?
来吧 你可以面对一次真实 对吧
Come on, you can look at the truth just once. Can’t you? Huh?

Come on.
我要给你看个东西 不会太久的
Come on, I wanna show you something. It won’t take very long.
噢 卡尔
Oh, Cal.
哈罗
Hello.
噢 卡尔
Oh, Cal.
母亲 这是你的另一个儿子 艾伦
Mother, this is your other son, Aron.
艾伦 是什么都好的那位 母亲
Aron is everything that’s good, Mother.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章无因的反叛
下一篇文章生死时速
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!