洁白如象牙
Like ivory.
她非常呵护那双手
She took such good care of them.
她母亲有风湿
Her mother had arthritis.
她总是害怕她的手也会染上风湿
She was always afraid it would come to her in her hands.
多说点 父亲
Talk to me, Father.
我得知道我是谁 我得知道我像谁
I gotta know who I am. I gotta know who I’m like.
我得知道
I gotta know…
她在哪
Where is she?
卡尔 我说的都是真话
I’m telling you, truthfully, Cal…
她走复 我枕没有她的消息
after she left, I never heard from her.
卡尔 等等 我想跟你多谈谈
Cal, wait. I want to talk more with you.
如果你现在离开 我们此再也没有机会谈话了
If you leave this room now, we may never be able to talk again.
你今晚会回家吗 卡尔
You coming home tonight, Cal?
有什么差别 你在家就够了 他喜欢的是你
What’s the difference? You’re home. You’re the one he wants.
晚安 卡尔
Good evening, Cal.
紧绷 高度神经紧绷
High-strung. Very high-strung.
晚安 艾伯拉 我的西洋棋手下败将呢
Good evening, Abra. Where is my chess victim?
-他在等你 艾伯烈特先生 -好
-He’s waiting for you. -Ah, good.
你想他这样说是什么意思
What do you suppose he meant by that?
去吧 快走
Go on, beat it!
你太太已经打来三次了
Your wife has called up three times.
-我太太是 -我知道她是 现在快走吧
-My wife’s a… -I know she is. Now beat it.

Joe!
好啦 小子 你已经没钱了
All right, fella, you’ve run out of money.
霍克斯先生
Mr. Hawks.
-你要什么 -我要
-What do you want? -I want, uh…
-你想喝什么 -啤酒
-What do you want to drink? -Been

Hey!
-我的酒呢 -来了
-Where’s my drink? -All right.
那样很不好
That’s not very neat, is…
没关系
It’s okay.
-你最好快离开 -干嘛
-You’d better get out of here. -How come?
你就是那个今早跟踪凯特的人
You’re the one who followed Kate this morning.
-这是自♥由♥国家吧 -是自♥由♥国家
-It’s a free country, isn’t it? -It’s a free country.
只是乔说过如果我见到你 就要告诉他
Only Joe said if I saw you again, I was supposed to tell him.
你想的话可以告诉他
You can tell him if you want to.
你还只是个孩子 对吧
You’re just a kid, ain’t you?
-我比你大耶 -是没错 但那并不
-I’m older than you are. -Sure, but that isn’t…
-喂 -来啦
-Hey! -All right.
拜托
Kid, please…
你不该去那边丢石头等等的
you oughtn’t to go around throwing stones and things.
那样不好 还喝啤酒
That isn’t nice. And drinking beer.
乔在那里
There’s Joe.
拜托你快走吧 不要让自己受伤
Look, kid, please go. You don’t wanna get yourself hurt.
如果你想 可以告诉他 现在是你的机会
You could tell him now, if you want to. There’s your chance.
你还真有胆子 是吧
You sure have got a nerve, haven’t you?
-你认识凯特吗 -这是凯特开的
-Hey. Do you know Kate? -This is Kate’s place.
-她对你好吗 -当然
-She’s treating you okay? -Sure.
我得走了 小伙子
I gotta go now, kid.
她人好吗
Is she nice?
拜托别让 乔 看见你
Don’t let Joe see you, please.
她没有对你很凶什么的吧
She doesn’t treat you rough or anything, does she?
拜托你 我得走了 真高兴见到你
Please, kid, I gotta go now. It was nice meeting you.
她身上就没-件好事吗
Isn’t there anything nice about her at all?
到底怎么回事
What’s the matter, kid?
-她的手很美 你有没有见过 -手
-She had pretty hands. Did you see them? -Hands?
你有看过吗
Did you look at them?
没 我从来没看过 她总是戴着手套
No, I don’t think I ever saw them. She always wears gloves.
她在哪
Where is she?
-你说现在 -对
-You mean now? -Yeah.
-大概在复面的办公室里 -那是哪里
-Back in her office, probably. -Where’s that?
从那边走
Back that way.
你带路
Will you show me?
喂 小子 别惹麻烦
Look, kid, please don’t start any trouble.
我没有要惹麻烦 拜托嘛
I’m not gonna start any trouble. Come on.
你只要告诉我是哪扇门 我自己过去
We… You can just point the door to me, and I’ll go there.
别去吧
No, honest.
这里不好混 我不能丢掉饭碗
This is a tough place. I can’t lose this job.
-反正我做的也不好 -你不会丢掉工作的
-I’m not very good at it, anyway. -You won’t lose it.
如果我搞砸 凯特会立刻解雇我
If I step out of line, Kate will throw me out on my ear.
拜托你 好吗
Come on. Come on, will you?
你只要告诉我是哪扇门就行
You can just show me where the door is.
来吧
Come on.
帮个忙
Be a sport.

Come on.
就是那扇门
There’s the door.
谢谢 你可以回去了
Thank you. You can go back now.
你要做什么
What are you gonna do?
拜托别惹麻烦
Please, kid, don’t make any trouble. Shh!
我不会惹麻烦 我等你走了才去 好吗
I’m not gonna make any trouble. I’m gonna wait till you’re gone. Okay?
你会让我跟你说说话吗 拜托你
Will you let me talk to you? Please.
我要跟你说话
I gotta talk to you.

Joe? Joe!
离闻这里 乔 泰斯
Get out of here! Joe! Tex!
叫警长来 拉他出去
Call the sheriff! Get him out!
叫警长 把他带出这里
Call the sheriff! Get him out of here!
把他带出去
Get him out of here!
我要跟她说话
I wanna talk to her!
我要跟你说话 我要跟你说话
I wanna talk to you! I wanna talk to you!
求你跟我说话
I wanna talk to you! Talk to me!
拜托你跟我说话 母亲
Talk to me, please! Mother!
有人想见他母亲 这样有违法吗
Is there any law against a guy trying to see his own mother?
不 我想不违法
No, I guess there isn’t.

Here.
把这放在你脸颊上
Put this on your cheek. Here.
喝点咖啡
Drink some coffee.
你是怎么知道 凯特 的
How’d you find out about Kate, anyway?
就是那天晚上我看到你在酒吧里 跟他说话的那人吗
That guy I saw you talking to in the bar the other night?
那个人称”兔子”的
The one they call Rabbit?
我想是 他不是什么好东西
I thought so. He never was any good.
我记得他以前在你父亲的农场工作过
I remember when he used to work on your father’s ranch.
不过他不会再出现了 卡尔 他永远离开这个镇了
Well, he won’t be around anymore, Cal. He’s left town for good.
-你在酒吧里做什么 -在酒吧里有违法
-What do you hang around bars for? -Any law against hanging…
对 违法 我就是法律
Yes, there is. I’m the law.
懂了吧
Get that through your head.
闭嘴
Shut up!
亚当 知不知道
Does Adam know that you…
你晚上都在这里鬼混
roam around over here at night?
卡尔 亚当 是我老朋友了 自从
Adam’s an old friend of mine, you know, Cal, from…
他还在农场时起
way back in his ranch days.
你们去年搬来这里时 我还很担心
I was afraid when you moved here last year…
你们会发现 凯特 的事
that you might find out something about Kate.
不过她那时在湾区
But then she was over here on the bay…
你们都在萨里纳的另一边
and you were way over on the other side of the mountains in Salinas.
-所以我想大概没问题 -你想他会发现她的事吗
-So I figured it’d be all right. -You think he’ll ever find out about her?
他从不过来这里
He’d never come over here.
来 你不如看看这个
Here. You might as well look at this now.
是你父母亲结婚那天的照片
It’s a picture of your father and your mother on their wedding day.
你是第一个让我秀出这张照片的人
You’re the first person I’ve ever showed it to.
我就知道
I knew it.
我就知道是真的
Oh, I knew it was true.
当那人在酒吧里跟我说时 我就知道了
When that old guy told me in the bar, I knew it.
你怎知道那是真的
How did you know it was true?
因为她不好 我也不好
Because she ain’t no good and I ain’t no good.
我知道我不好一定有个原因
I knew there was a reason why I wasn’t.
我恨她
I hate her.
我也恨他
And I hate him too.
来吧 我送你回家
Come on, I’ll take you home.
你不必载我回家
You don’t have to drive me home.
我知道我不必送你回家
I know I don’t have to take you home

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章无因的反叛
下一篇文章生死时速
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!