Well, it’s about how people have two personalities:
一面是他们外在表现的
the side they show to the world,
一面是他们深藏内处的
and then the secret person they hide inside.
就像《变身怪医》
Like Jekyll and Hyde.
我一直想演《变身怪医》
I’ve always wanted to play Jekyll and Hyde.
我很期待这部作品
I’m looking forward to this production.
嗯 你的那部分有些不同
Well, your part’s a little different.
你就像是上帝
You’re like the god that
高高在上于所有其他的角色和一切
looks over all the characters and oversees everything.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
你控制每个人的命运 你就像是天使
You control everyone’s fate. You’re like the puppetmaster.
呃 所以我才是幕后操纵者
Ah, so I pull the strings!
是的 你是幕后操纵者
Yes, you pull the strings.
“幕后操纵”我喜欢
“Pull the strings.”I like that!
甜心
Honey!
我有个小惊喜给你
I got a little surprise for you.
擦干净你的手
Wipe off your hands.
-我完成了我的剧本 -噢
-I finished my script. -Oh!
埃德 我太为你骄傲了
Ed, I’m so proud of you!
我一到家就要读它
I’ll read it as soon as I get home.
嗯 我很想知道你是怎么想的
Well, I’d really like to know what you think.
你为什么不去卧室先看看 我会等的
Why don’t you go in the bedroom and take a look? I’ll wait.
去吧
Go ahead.
抓紧时间
Take your time.
原来我的衣服在这
So that’s where my sweater’s been.
你这么做有多久了
How long have you been doing this?
自从我还是个孩子
Since I was a kid.
我妈妈想要个女孩
My mom wanted a girl,
所以她总把我打扮成一个小姑娘
so she used to dress me in girlie clothing.
所以这已经是习惯了
Just became a habit.
天啊 你从来没有告诉过我
Jesus Christ! And you never told me?
是的 我就想这样告诉你
Well, this is my way of telling you.
什么 就是把它拍成一部戏
What, by putting it in a fucking script
让每个人都知道
for everyone to see?
这是多么恶心的想法
What kind of sick mind operates like that?
还有这个 这个叫做巴巴拉角色…
And what about this, this so-called Barbara character…
这明显就是我
that’s obviously me?
这 这就是我们的生活 这简直乱套了
I mean, this is our life. It’s so embarrassing!
当然就是这样的
Of course it is.
那就是你要演的角色
That’s why you should play the part.
噢 你简直神经 朋友
Oh, you got nerve, buddy.
-这是个很好的角色 -那不是
-It’s a darn good role. -That’s not the issue!
天啊 你穿成这样
God, how can you act so casual
你还能很自然地演戏
when you’re dressed like that?
这使我感到很舒服
It makes me feel comfortable.
噢 就像在剧本里一样
Oh, just like in the script.
就是这样
Exactly.
所以 你说吧
So, what do you say?
我们分手吗
Do we break up?
或者你和我一同完成这部电影
Or do you want to make the movie with me?
这让你们看上去很高 富贵 就这样
They make you tall, and you’re flashy. They want that.
好的 但他们要求专业 不要娘娘腔
Okay. But they want professionalism, so nix on the Nelly…
不要失去纯真 好吗
without losing naivete, okay?
现在 好消息也许就是你被录用了
Now, the good news is you’re probably going to get hired
因为你看起来像佩吉·李
because you look like Peggy Lee.
但我不希望任何其他人因此怨恨好吗
But I don’t want anybody else to resent that, okay? Please?
因为每人都有角色同样有情调
‘Cause there’s enough for everybody, exotics too.
好的 如果你不愿意笑
All right, because if you’re not going to smile,
也不要生气 你让我感到不安
please don’t bother. You’ll embarrass me.
这是乔治·怀斯 他是头头
This is George Weiss. He’s done some very important things;
他可是个好人
he’s a nice person to know.
是个至关重要的人物
An important person to know.
我认为你应该做一部变性人的电影
I thought you were gonna make a sex change film!
它仍旧是一部变性人的电影
It’s still a sex change film.
是啊 结束前只有五出戏
Yeah! Five pages before it ends!
剩下的就是讲这个
The rest is about some schmuck
喜欢安哥拉羊毛衫的笨蛋
who likes angora sweaters!
我不认为他是个笨蛋
I don’t think he’s a schmuck.
这个标题是什么
What about this title?
我的海报上写的是《我改变了我的性》
My poster says, I Changed My Sex.
那就把海报改一改 相信我你会赚钱的
So change the poster. Trust me, you’ll be better off.
这个故事能抓住观众的心
This story’s gonna grab people.
是讲这家伙为这女孩疯狂
It’s about this guy, he’s crazy about this girl,
但他就是喜欢穿裙子
but he likes to wear dresses.
他该告诉她 不该告诉她
Should he tell her? Should he not tell her?
他挣扎着 这才是戏剧
He’s torn. This is drama!
好吧 拍你的混♥蛋♥戏吧
Fine! Shoot whatever baloney you want.
记住只有七个卷轴长度
Just make sure it’s seven reels long.
实验一下
Testing.
对不起 大家请听我说几句
Excuse me. Can I get everyone’s attention, please?
你们能集♥合♥一下吗
Could you gather around?
我有话要说
I’ve got something to say.
大伙们 我们要开始一段特殊的旅程
Everybody, we’re about to embark onquite a journey:
四天艰苦的工作
four days of hard work.
但是当它完成后
But when it’s over,
我们就有了一部娱乐性
we’ll have a picture
兼有启蒙开导的电影…
that’ll entertain, enlighten…
也许还能感动至上亿的观众
and maybe even move millions of people.
对不起 埃迪
Excuse me, Eddie.
我不是想打断你 我担心灯光
I don’t mean to interrupt. I’m worried about the light.
很好 我们好好谈谈这3 4天的工作吧
Good thinking. All right, we’ll talk about days three and four later.
我们先把第一幕拍完
Let’s get that first shot off.
第17场景 格伦达看着窗户
Scene 17, Glenda looking in the window.
好… 开拍
And… action!
停停
And… cut!
把它印下来 我们继续
Print that! Let’s move on!
你不想再拍一遍留作备用吗
Don’t you want a second take for protection?
备用什么 那就是完美的了 继续
What’s to protect? It was perfect! Come on!
嘿 警♥察♥
Hey! Cops!
我们没有执照 快跑
We don’t have a permit.Run!
快 快走
Come on.Let’s go.
修正的是些什么内容
What’s going on with these revised pages?
卢戈西先生在这里
Mr Lugosi’s here.
噢 天哪 卢戈西先生在这呢
Oh, my God! Mr Lugosi’s here!
大伙们 大伙们
Everyone! Everyone!
大伙们 过来到这来
Everyone, come on. Come in here.
听着
Listen.
当他走到舞台上时就像一般人那样对待他
When he walks onto the stage, treat him normal.
我知道贝拉·卢戈西是个世界著名影星
I know Bela Lugosi’s a world-famous star and
你们都很激动…
you’re all very excited…
但想想 我们也都是专业人员
but look, we are professionals.
所以 要尊敬他 一切都会很好的
So, just treat him with respect. Everything will be all right.
贝拉
Bela!
见到你真高兴 8点到片场 很准时
Great to see ya! 8:00 on the dot. Right on time.
-我一向很准时 -当然你是的
-I’m always on time -Of course you are.
按我们计划你今天任务很重
We’ve got a big day planned for you.
但首先我们开始的是金达和
But first we’re gonna start out kinda easy with
你在那张舒适的扶手椅上
you in that armchair over there.
一旦你想加快节奏
Then once you’re up to speed and cookin’,
我们就会重新安排还要引进些试用设备
we’ll reset and bring in the lab equipment.
-埃迪 -嗯
-Eddie? -Huh?
-我的工资怎么样 -嗯 噢
-What about my money? -Huh? Oh.
你们在干什么呢 快回去工作
What are you people doing? Get back to work!
好的 大伙们我们开始
All right, people. Let’s get ready.
卢戈西先生 我知道你非常忙…
Mr Lugosi, I know you’re very busy…
但是 嗯 我能要你的签名吗
but, um, can I have your autograph?
当然
Certainly.
你知道我最喜欢你的哪部电影吗
You know which movie of yours I love,
卢戈西先生 《无形的光》
Mr Lugosi? The Invisible Ray.
你把卡洛夫的伙伴演的太棒了
You were great as Karloff’s sidekick.
卡洛夫

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!