They say that art is dead,
可其实他们就在我们周围
but, sweetie, it’s all around us.
很棒 非常好
Great. Bravo.
这些作品看起来很随意
It looks like it’s sort of a one-trick pony,
不过我觉得如果将其
but I think if you look at it particularly
与各种形式的艺术作品相对比
in context as an entire body of work,
这些作品带来了一些
I think it’s exploring
有趣的新概念
some interesting notions around celebrity.
今晚之前我从未见过作者
I never met the cat till tonight,
不过他的作品真的很棒
but this fool’s down for this, dog.
展览迎来了超过4000名观众
With over4, 000 people flowing through the venue,
泰瑞的艺术之路
Thierry’s entrée into the art world
一炮而红
was nothing less than a sensation.
很棒 非常感谢
Amazing. Thank you so much.
太好了
Fantastic.
-继续加油 -好的
-Right on. -Yes.
洛杉矶艺术界
L.A.’s art fans watched, spellbound,
诞生了一位新星
as a major new star was born before their very eyes.
大家都迫不及待
So desperate were they
害怕错过这轰动一时的文化现象
not to miss out on this cultural phenomenon,
那些被锁在门外的人们
those left outside
有破门而入的冲动
felt compelled to break through the gates.
-谢谢 -不客气
-Thank you. -You’re welcome.
-太美了 继续吧 -非常感谢
It’s beautiful. Keep on doing it. -Thank you, thank you.
许多艺术家花上数年的时间提高他们的画技
Most artists spend years perfecting their craft,
寻找他们的风格
finding their style,
泰瑞似乎越过了这些阶段
and Thierry seemed to miss out on all those bits.
我是说 没有什么人像泰瑞这样
I mean, there’s no one quite like Thierry, really,
即使他的作品和别人的也没多大区别
even if his art does look quite a lot like everyone else’s.
我看到这幅作品
I see this particular one
反复出现在许多不同的媒体报导当中
reoccurring in so many different mediums.
为什么这幅作品的出镜率这么高
Why does that one reoccur so many times?
因为我认为这是流行文化当中的一部分
Because I think it’s part of the popular culture.
流行艺术的时代过去了 而我出现在这里
Andy Warhol passed away, and I’m here.
请大家排好队
Can you guys form a straight line to the right, please?
但最后的成果
But the ultimate validation
是用金钱来衡量的
was measured in dollars and cents.
在他的展览周结束的时候
By the end of his opening week,
泰瑞售出了价值将近100万美元的艺术作品
Thierry would sell nearly $1 million worth of art.
“洗♥脑♥先生”名声大作
Mr. Brainwash had arrived.
一 二 三
One, two, three.
-呼呼呼 -耶
-Whoo-hoo. -Yeah.
这是我没有预料到的
It was beyond my expectation, like they say.
我从来没想过会有这么多人
I would never have thought that it would be so many people.
不仅仅是数量的问题
And it’s not that it was so many people,
他们也都非常高兴
they were so happy.
他们对这场展览感到满意
They were so pleased with what they see.
他们…
They were so…you know?
感触颇深
They were so touched.
他们将我与班克斯相比较
Like, they caught me as Banksy.
他们说我和班克斯一样出色
Like, they said that I’m as good as that, you know?
我很高兴
So I love it, you know?
这很棒 从大家的表现来看
Somewhere it’s great, but from the people,
相信我己经得到了大众的认可
I think I got accepted, you know?
人们己经接受了我
It comes to a point that I got accepted.
泰瑞原本打算展出五天时间
Originally booked to run for just five days,
然而”生命是美好的” 连续展出了两个月
“Life is Beautiful” stayed open for a further two months,
随着MBW的威名远扬
and as word about MBW spread,
他的作品出现在了世界各地的 画廊和展馆当中
his pieces appeared in galleries and shows around the world,
从迈阿密 纽约
from Miami and New York
到伦敦和巴黎 甚至连北♥京♥也有
to London, Paris, and even Beijing.
这些作品在某些方面有点像 安迪·沃霍尔的风格
He’s kind of the rightful heir to Andy Warhol, in a way.
安迪·沃霍尔通过重复改造
Andy Warhol made a statement by repeating famous icons
明星的形象而著称
until they became meaningless,
但他的制♥作♥方式有自己独特的风格
but he was extremely iconic in the way that he did it.
而泰瑞的确是随意涂鸦
But then Thierry really made them meaningless.
对于参与”洗♥脑♥先生”的创造
How do I feel about being partially responsible
我作何感想
for creating Mr. Brainwash?
我觉得
I feel like, um…
我怀着最善意的目的
I had the best intentions.
我觉得即使你是出于好意
I think even when you have the best intentions,
有时候也会做错事
sometimes things can go awry.
将大量的艺术形式相结合
To put a huge body of work together
试图创造出
and sort of try to, you know, come out
一个整体的艺术风格
as if he is a fully formed artist ready for the world stage
我觉得有点不太成熟
I think was a little premature.
我感觉良好
I feel good.
现在我觉得作为一个出名的艺术家感觉真的不错
I feel good as an artist to have a reputation now.
一个艺术家不是用一场展览
You know, an artist is not a guy that you see in one show
就能决定他是否成功
and you can decide who it is
或者他是否在复♥制♥班克斯
or if he copies Banksy
他是否在复♥制♥谢帕德·费瑞
or if he copies Shepard Fairey,
他是否在复♥制♥…
if he copies…
时机是最重要的
it’s about time.
通过时间可以检验我是否成功
You’ll see in time who I will be,
因为通过时间 你们可以看到我的创造力
because with time, you’ll see my creativity.
你们会了解我是否一个真正的艺术家
You’ll see if I’m a real artist or not.
我的确认为这种现象
I do think that the whole phenomenon
从泰瑞开始迷上街头艺术
of Thierry’s obsession with street art,
到变成一位街头艺术家
becoming a street artist,
许多人来参观他的展览 购买♥♥他的作品
a lot of suckers buying into his show
他售出了许多昂贵的艺术作品 非常迅速
and him selling a lot of expensive art very quickly,
这在人类学 社会学当中
it’s…anthropologically, sociologically,
社会学当中
it’s a fascinating thing to observe,
也许其中有些东西值得人们学习
and maybe there’s some things to be learned from it.
我不知道如何评价
I don’t know what it means,
泰瑞在艺术界取得的巨大成功
Thierry’s huge success and arrival in the art world.
我是说 也许泰瑞是个天才
I mean, maybe Thierry was a genius all along.
也许他是幸运
Maybe he got a bit lucky.
也许这意味着艺术就是开玩笑
Maybe it means art is a bit of a joke.
泰瑞简直太了不起了
If Thierry can pull it off, then amazing,
不过我觉得
but, you know, it’s kind of…I think…
我觉得这个玩笑是…
I think the joke is on…
不过我觉得
I don’t know who the joke’s on, really.
我不知道这到底是不是个玩笑
I don’t even know if there is a joke.
在有些方面 我觉得泰瑞
I don’t think Thierry played by the rules,
并没有循规蹈矩
in some ways,
然而艺术是没有规矩可循的
but then, there aren’t supposed to be any rules,
所以我不知道什么才叫艺术
so I don’t really know what the moral is.
我是说 我只是鼓励自己认识的人
I mean, I always used to encourage everyone I met
去创造艺术
to make art.
我觉得每个人都应该创造艺术
I used to think everyone should do it.
但现在我不经常这么做了
I don’t really do that so much anymore.
有些人可能认为我是兔子
Some people, you know, might think that I’m a rabbit
因为我东拼西凑
because I’m running around,
他们认为我没有组织性
and they think that I’m not organized.
但我说”要等跑到终点的时候
But I said,”Wait till the end of life,
你就会知道我到底是兔子还是乌龟”
and you’ll see if I’m a rabbit or a turtle.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!