When I was with Thierry,
泰瑞拿着他的摄像机
Thierry was with his camera,
他一直在拍我
and he was filming me all the time,
当人们问我他在干什么的时候
but when people were asking me what this guy’s doing,
我说”没关系 他是我表哥”
I was saying,”It’s okay, it’s my cousin.”
通常人们都会觉得
And generally, people were thinking,
他很酷
“Oh, this guy is cool.”
让他拍
Like,”Let him film.”
-这是你的工作吗 -这是我的爱好
-Is this your job or what? -It’s my passion.
那你是做什么工作的
So what do you do for a living?
到处兼♥职♥
This and that.
不过现在
But right now,
我正在休假
I’m having a break.
通过我表弟 我认识了安德烈
Through my cousin, I met André.
安德烈设计了这个角色
André has this character
一个笑脸 济眉弄眼的表情
that is a smiling face that’s blinking an eye
长着一对长腿
and, you know, with, like, long legs
到处行走
and walking everywhere, you know,
是一个卡♥通♥形象
like kind of a cartoon character.
我认识了宙斯
When I met Zeus,
他喜欢在街上
he was, like, painting, like, shadows on the streets
画不同物体的影子
of different things.
我喜欢拍摄这些人
I liked to capture those people
因为我觉得他们做的事情很有趣
because I thought it was nice, what they were doing,
他们真的相信
and they really believe it.
他们真心喜爱做这些事情
You know, they really loved it.
我觉得这些街道仿佛变成了画廊
I started to really see, like, a gallery outside.
别在画上到处踩
Don’t walk all over the paint.
我尽量避免
I’m trying not to.
我真的很喜欢
I just loved it, you know,
夜晚在街道上拍摄
filming at night and street,
因为有一种刺♥激♥和兴奋交融的感党
because it was, like, a mix of fears
去做一件没人看到的事情
and getting something that nobody sees,
在一些地方 这是违法的
and somewhere you and…illegal,
有可能会被抓
and you can get caught, you know?
所以感觉有点惊险刺♥激♥
So it was, like, that feeling that it was, like, a danger,
我喜欢
and I like that.
我喜欢这种刺♥激♥的感党
You know, I like the danger.
让我很兴奋
You know, it made me feel good.
泰瑞偶然找到了一件令他专注的事
Thierry had accidentally found a focus.
喜欢用摄像机记录一切的他
The man who would film anything
转入了有趣的地下工作
had stumbled into an intriguing underground world,
现在他找到了自己的兴趣 所以不打算轻易放弃
and now that he had found it, he wasn’t about to let it go.
我想泰瑞是在适当的时间
I guess Thierry was in the right place
来到了适当的地方
at the right time, really.
然而 关键是大部分艺术品
I mean, the thing is that most all art
都会保留好几百年
is built to last, like, hundreds of years.
比如说雕塑或者油画
It’s cast in bronze, or it’s oil on canvas,
但是街头艺术的寿命较为短暂
but street art has a short lifespan,
所以需要记录
so it needed documenting.
我们都需要一个懂得使用摄像机的人
You know, we all needed someone who knew how to use a camera.
该死
Fuck.
几个月后
A few months later,
入侵者第一次来到了洛杉矶
Invader visited Los Angeles for the first time,
让泰瑞有机会在自己家追求他的新爱好
giving Thierry the chance to pursue his new passion on home turf.
快点 快点 有警♥察♥
Uh-oh. Quickly, quickly, it’s the cops!
你们不能在这里乱画
You can’t do that here.
这是艺术绘画
It’s to take pictures.
对 不能在这里画
Right. Not here.
不能胡乱涂鸦
Not that, no. That’s graffiti.
这不是涂鸦
That’s not graffiti.
不 不 不 这不是涂鸦
No, no, but that’s not. That’s not graffiti.
快收拾干净 然后离开
Then remove it, because you guys got to go.
那是艺术 那是艺术
That’s an art. That’s an art.
你们必须离开
You guys need to go.
这是太空入侵者
But this is, like, Space Invader.
你知道太空入侵者吗
You know Space Invader?
我知道太空入侵者 不能在这儿画
I know Space Invader. Not here, no.
你不知道太空入侵者
You don’t know Space Invader?
快走
Go!
我正在拍摄太空入侵者 但我想要更多
I was filming Space Invader, but I wanted more.
我是想说
You know?So I mean, it’s like,
我随时都能找到他
I could get him all the time,
所以我还想拍其他人
so I wanted somebody that I couldn’t get.
泰瑞想认识更多人
Thierry’s opportunity to meet someone
让他能够连续不断的拍摄
who could keep him in steady thrills
几天之后 入侵者给他引荐了
came a few days later when Invader arranged to meet up
另一位西岸的街头艺术家
with another West Coast street artist.
他名叫 谢帕德·费瑞
His name was Shepard Fairey.
有一天 谢帕德会因
One day, Shepard would be famous
一个无名议员变成一位
for transforming the face of an unknown senator
家喻户晓的人物而出名
into a universally recognized icon.
但即使在2000年
But even back in 2000,
谢帕德也是全世界最有创意的街头艺术家
Shepard was the world’s most prolific street artist.
谢帕德从1989年
Shepard’s experiment with the power of repetition
就开始名声大噪
went back to 1989
由于他创造了70年代的冷血摔跤选手
and an image based on cultury 70s wrestler
巨人安德烈
Andre the Giant.
在安德烈的面孔 与”服从命令”的标志相结合
Combining Andre’s face with a command to obey,
全世界有上百万个谢帕德设计的这个头像
Shepard had already clocked up over a million hits around the world.
虽然他目前还不知道
And although he didn’t know it yet,
他的世界即将与泰瑞的世界相碰撞
his world was about to collide head-on with Thierry’s.
谢帕德·费瑞 在金果公♥司♥工作
Shepard Fairey was at Kinko’s on Vine,
当时他遇到了一些麻烦
and Space Invader had something, a trouble with something,
当时他还不能解决
and he couldn’t make it that moment.
但是我 我就想认识他
But me, I wanted to meet the guy,
所以我就直接去找他了
so what I did, I went and meet him.
-入侵者 -不 我是泰瑞
-Invader. -No, Thierry.
我没有征求他的意见 就直接拍摄了
I didn’t ask him, I just filmed.
这就是我的方式
That was my thing.
我没有问他任何问题
I didn’t ask him anything.
我带着摄像机去找他
When I came, I came with a camera,
然后就开始拍摄
and I start filming.
你为什么要画他
So why did you do him?
你也不知道
You don’t know?
-呃…-你认识他
-Uh…-Oh, you knew the guy.
他长得很滑稽
He’s funny-looking. No.
你不认识他
Oh, you didn’t know him?
-是的 我不认识 -你以为他死了
-No, I didn’t know him. -Do you think he’s dead, or…
是的 他己经去世了
Oh, he’s dead, yeah.

Yeah?
你这里有很多设备
So you have a partner works with you, eh?
这是阿曼达
Yeah. This is Amanda.
这么说…阿曼达 你好吗
Amanda, how are you doing?
-晦 很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你
-Hi. Nice to meet you. -Nice to meet you too.
你做这个多久了
So how long you been doing this?
10年半了
Ten and half years.
是么 好多纸啊
Oh, yeah? That’s a lot of paper.
是的
Yeah.
你是做什么的
What do you do?
拍电影
I film.
那天晚上 当谢帕德见到太空入侵者的时候
That night when Shepard did meet Space Invader,
带他游览了整座城市
he took him on a tour of the city.
泰瑞在那里拍摄一切
Thierry was there
太空入侵者所做的事
filming everything that Space Invader was doing
当然 和太空入侵者在一起的时候
and then, of course, once I was with Space Invader,
他也拍了我做的事
everything I was doing.
你应该把太空入侵者张贴在
You should probably put an invader
好菜坞的林荫大道
up on Hollywood Boulevard.
你觉得呢 泰瑞
What do you think, Thierry? Yeah.
入侵者回到法国之后

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!