现在,我们有治疗的方案…
Now, we do have treatment options…
你要去哪儿?
Where are you going?
他们都告诉你了?
They told you everything?
是啊
Yeah.
但是,我们要与之抗争啊
But we’re, we’re gonna fight this.
我们会得到最好的治疗,我要辞职
We’re gonna get the best treatment and I’m gonna take off work
来照顾你,我妈妈也会和我们在一起
and help you and my mom can come stay with us.
– 是的,但是我认为… – 会没事的
– Right, but I think that… – It’ll be okay.
我们需要…
We need…
我不能开车,天啊!
I can’t pull up, Christ!
医生告诉你存活的几率了吗?
Did the doctor tell you about the su*ival rate?
是的
Yeah.
是的,但是,你知道,我们要抗争啊
Yeah, but, you know, we’re gonna beat this
我们要抗争
We’re gonna beat this.
我们会的
We will.
你怎么样?
How you doing?
还好吧
Okay.
你知道,我下周开始治疗,所以…
You know, start my treatment next week, so…
– 我很抱歉 – 不,没事的
– I’m sorry. – Nah, it’s okay.
你也看到了我的情况也不怎么样
You’ve seen me playing at compromised situations drunk off my ass.
听着,我知道这很俗,但是我还是要说,如果有什么需要帮忙的
Listen, I know it’s a cliche, but if there’s anything I can do.
是的,你知道
Yeah, you know.
如果有事情发生,我希望我的养老金能转给斯戴西
If something happens, I want my pension to go to Stacie
因为这是唯一能让她买♥♥得起房♥子的办法
’cause it’s the only way she can afford to keep our house.
但是,那是给结婚的人们的,不是吗?
But that’s for married people, ain’t it?
谢谢你的支持
Thanks for the support.
– 罗拉 – 没事的,伙计
– Laurel. – It’s alright, man.
亲爱的?
Sweetie, sweetie?
我不想让你看见这个
I don’t want you to see this.
好吧,给
Alright, here.
传阅一下
Pass that around.
这是来自罗拉 海斯特警探的
Alright so this is from Detective Laurel Hester
她还在接受治疗,所以缺席
who’s currently on medical leave of absence because,
很不幸,她是癌症晚期
unfortunately, she has stage four cancer.
她请求如果她去世了
And she’s asking that in the event of her death,
她的养老金想转给她的伴侣,斯戴西 安德里
her pension benefits be assigned to her partner, Stacie Andree.
– 斯戴西 安德里是个女人,对吗? – 正确
– Stacie Andree is a woman, correct? – Correct.
我正视图改变我对她是同性恋的看法
I’m just trying to wrap my mind around her being a lesbian.
为什么?
Why?
她完全不像是个同性恋
Well, she’s so not like a lesbian.
我们和警♥察♥工会达成的合约
The contract we negotiated with the police union
没有指出我们要把海斯特警探的养老金
doesn’t give Detective Hester the right
给她的室友,结束吧
to assign her benefits to her roommate, end of story.
好吧,拒绝海斯特警探的请求?
Alright, so motion to deny Detective Hester’s request?
事实上,家庭伴侣是被国家法律认可的
Well, actually, the Domestic Partnership Act passed by the state legislature
国家雇员可以将养老金传递给同性的伴侣
extends benefits to same sex partners of state employees.
海斯特是县里的雇员
Hester’s a county employee.
但是法律上讲,我们也可以把养老金给县里的雇员
But the law says we can assign benefits to county employees.
对,让县里破产啊
Right, and bankrupt the county.
– 别这样 – 不,怎么了?
– Come on. – No, come on, what?
人们可以随意找个伴侣然后得到养老金?
People can make anybody their partners and get benefits?
成为伴侣是非常困难的事情
It’s really very hard to form a domestic partnership,
事实上,比婚姻更困难
actually, harder than marriage.
没有什么比婚姻更困难的
Nothing’s harder than marriage.
布莱恩,你所讲的法律
Bryan, the law you’re talking about violates
是对神圣婚姻的玷污
the sanctity of marriage.
触犯了传统的价值观,在这个县里,那就是政♥治♥的幻灭
It offends traditional values, and in this county, that’s political suicide.
她要死了
She’s dying.
是的,这是她个人的悲剧,我们处理的是国家政策
Yes, and that’s a personal tragedy and we deal in public policy here.
但是,我建议拒绝海斯特警探的请求
But I move that we deny Detective Hester’s request,
我们给她最好的祝福,告诉她我们为她祈祷
we should wish her the best and tell her she’s in our prayers.
– 好的,都同意吗? – 是的
– Alright, all in favor? – Yes.
– 布莱恩? – 哦,弃权
– Brian? – Oh, abstain.
我们希望我们的决定得到全票通过
We like our decisions to have the authority of unanimous vote.
这是我们150年来的传统
It’s been our tradition for 150 years.
– 好的 – 很好
– Yes. – Good.
技术人员说你要吸入它
The technician said that you just suck in
让药物尽量保持在你的肺部
and hold the medicine in your lungs as long as you can.
好的
Okay.
你没事吧?
You okay?
我们正在治疗中,所以…
We’re in the middle of treatment, so…
嘿!没事的,进来吧!
Hey! It’s okay, come in!
这是我妹妹林迪。林迪,那是戴恩
That’s my sister, Lindy. Lindy, that’s Dane.

Hey.
他们驳回了你的请求
Well, they turned you down Laurel
之后把决定写在了文件的背面
and then they buried the decision in the back of the paper.
是的,我看见了
Yeah, I saw.
所以,我想让你知道,我很不想爽
So, I just wanted you to know I’m not happy about it.
– 是的,谢谢 – 罗拉,治疗
– Yeah, thanks. – Laurel, treatment.
还有件事,我们可以试试
There’s one other thing we could try.
是什么?
What’s that?
这些家伙很害怕公开辩论的
These guys are terrified of controversy.
如果你参加他们的会议
If you go to one of their meetings.
你的意思是,亲自做一个演讲?
You mean, in person, make a speech?
– 是一个请♥愿♥ – 罗拉
– Make a request. – Laurel.
他们每两周就有一次公开会议
They have a public meeting every two weeks.
在公众面前?
In front of everyone?
是啊,然后大家就都知道我们的事情了?
Yeah, so then everyone knows our business?
我的意思是,这些人是谁?
I mean, who are these people?
他们是政♥府♥的,他们管理海洋县
They’re the local government, they run Ocean County.
这样他们就很难对付你了
It’s gonna be a lot harder for them to shoot you down
如果你去的话,当面说出你的请求
if you go in there face to face and ask for what you got coming to you.
是你应得的
You deserve it.
罗拉,继续治疗,我要开始工作!
Laurel, do the treatment, I gotta go to work!
好的
Okay, okay.
养老金的事情就是浪费时间,不是吗?
This whole pension thing is a waste of time, okay?
她根本就不需要,因为她会好起来的
She’s not gonna need it ’cause she’s gonna get better,
你能不打扰我们吗?
can you stop bothering us with this bullshit?
她有点难以接受
This is so hard for her.
罗拉,你要参加一次这样的会议
Laurel, you gotta go to one of these meetings.
这是唯一有效的办法
It’s the only thing that could work.
我和病人的关系是伴侣!
My relationship to the patient is partner!
我已经和你分手了…
I’ve been through this with you…
这是从斯隆 凯特灵寄来的900美元的账单
This bill from Sloan Kettering for $900.
我知道一些公众人士对此有质疑
I know that some members of the public have questioned
原因是停车计时器,但是经过仔细的查看
the cause for the parking meters, but after careful review,
我们觉得这是对社区最有利的事情
we think it would be the best thing for the community.
所以,建议更换新的计时器
So, motion to approve the new meters.
– 更换 – 投票?
– So moved. – How do you vote?
同意
Yes.
– 你同意吗?- 议案通过
– You okay? – Motion’s passed.
– 唐 本宁来了 – 嘿,姐姐
– Don Bennin is here. – Hey, sis.
– 他是谁? – 他是个记者
– Who’s that? – He’s a reporter.
他会报道吗?
Is he gonna write about this?
是的,也许吧
Yeah, probably.
所有的议程项目
Well that takes care of all the
都结束了,除非有人还有异议
items on our agenda and unless anyone has anymore questions,
我们就要结束会议了
we will call this meeting to a close.
你说?
Yes?
下午好,不动产董事会委员们
Good afternoon, freeholders.
你对停车计时器有什么问题吗?
You have a question about the parking meters?
不是的,我是警探罗拉 海斯特
No, my name is Detective Laurel Hester.
希望你能记得我…
Hopefully you remember me from…
当然,我很抱歉,我没认出来,你好
Of course, I’m sorry, I didn’t recognize you, hello.
我在海洋县警局工作了23年
I’ve worked for the Ocean County Police Department for 23 years.
我今天和我的伴侣斯戴西 安德里一起来的
I’m here today with my partner, Stacie Andree.
在我的职业生涯中,我中过枪,被车伤过
In my career I’ve been shot at, dragged by a car,
被棍子打过,被拳头打过,被踢过
clubbed, beaten, punched, and kicked,
但是我依然没事
but I’ve always come out on top.
工作中,我从不害怕受伤和死亡
I’ve never been afraid of injury or death while performing

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!