这是我的工作,我爱这份工作
my duties, that’s the job and I love my job.
最近我被诊断出患上了肺癌晚期
Recently I was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer.
尽管化疗减小了肿瘤的大小
Although radiation has shrunk the tumors,
但是我的存活几率还是不超过10%
my chances for survival remain less than 10 percent.
这次我真的遇到了难以战胜的对手了
It’s possible I’ve finally met an opponent I can’t beat.
请重新考虑你们的决定,接受我的请求
Please reconsider your decision and grant my request
把我的养老金转给斯戴西
to assign my pension benefits to Stacie.
以便于我不在了,能让她继续住在我们的房♥子里
Making it possible for her to stay in our home when I’m gone.
当异性的同事死亡后,他们的养老金都会转给他们的配偶
When my heterosexual colleagues die, their pensions go to their spouses.
由于我的伴侣是一个女性,我却不能这样做
But because my partner is a woman, I don’t get to do that.
在我23年的警探生涯里,我从没要求过
In my 23 years as a police officer I’ve never asked
什么特殊待遇,我只要求平等
for special treatment, I’m only asking for equality.
谢谢
Thank you.
我们很感激你为县里的服务
We commend you for your service to the county,
你是一个很宝贵很值得信赖的雇员
you’re a valuable and trusted employee.
– 同意 – 谢谢
– Agreed. – Thank you.
我的同事和我,我们都感到极度悲痛
My colleagues and I, we’ve anguished over your situation,
但是县里雇员的养老金是有合约的
but benefits for county employees are part of a negotiated
我们不能在这个时候
contractual settlement and we just can’t re-open
– 重新讨论合约问题… – 她工作了23年啊!
– negotiation at this time… – She gave you 23 years of service!
你违反规程了,戴恩
You’re out of order, Dane.
上帝保佑你,会议结束了
God bless you, this meeting is adjourned.

Hey.
海斯特警探,可以接受采访吗?
Detective Hester, how about an interview?
– 今天不行 – 让我们自己待会儿
– Not today. – Please leave us alone.
听着,我会安排一个采访的
Listen, I’ll set up an interview
是否能把她们的故事放在头版
if you promise to put her story on the front page.
戴恩,看见她们的态度了?
Done. Did you see those guys squirm?
还没有人问他们什么问题呢
No one ever questions them about anything.
他们会接受的
Well, they should.
我的搭档为了正义战斗了一辈子,她自己却得不到公正的裁决
My partner spends her life fighting for justice, they deny justice to her.
这个太好了
That, that is great.
戴恩 威尔斯
Dane Wells.
我是史蒂文 戈德斯坦,来自新泽西平等组织
This is Steven Goldstein from Garden State Equality.
我打电♥话♥想告诉你,我们对于发生在
I just wanted to call to tell you that we are all outraged
罗拉 海斯特身上的事情感到非常气愤
about what’s happening to Laurel Hester
我们想帮忙
and we would like to help.
好的
Okay.
不动产董事会的做法是不合理的
What these freeholders are doing is unconscionable.
我们要让他们知道
We need to let them know
要么他们推♥翻♥他们的决定,要么后果会很严重的
that either they reverse their decision or there are going to be consequences.
他们从不推♥翻♥自己的决定
They’ve never reversed a decision.
他们也从来没见我
They have never met me before.
他们的下次会议会见到100名抗♥议♥者的
Their next meeting we show up with 100 protesters.
同性恋警♥察♥,同性恋律师,神父,法学博士
Gay cops, gay attorneys, a priest, a rabbi,
我还认识一对同性恋老奶奶
I know a couple gay grandmothers.
也许我们可以组织一个同性恋游♥行♥!
Maybe we organize a gay pride parade!
你的意思是,一些裸胸的男人穿着皮衣
You mean a bunch of bare chested men in leather
在大街上游♥行♥?
marching down Main Street?
我们要向他们展示我们的力量不可忽视
We show them that we are a force to be reckoned with.
在这个县里,
In this county there are
大约注册有25万老人
a quarter million senior citizens registered Republicans.
你想让他们都反对罗拉吗
You’re gonna turn them all against Laurel.
很感谢你的提示,我曾在2000年组织过科赞参议院的运动
I appreciate your perspective, I ran Corzine’s senate campaign in 2000,
我知道我在干什么
so I know what I’m doing.
好的,史蒂夫,但是我了解这个委员会
Okay, Steve, but I know this community.
是史蒂文,发V的音
It’s Steven, with a V, as in very gay.
如果有人不尊重我的同性恋兄弟姐♥妹♥们♥
And when people disrespect my gay brothers and sisters,
我就和他们没完!
I rain terror on them!
吓唬他们,吓唬他们!
Shock and awe, shock and awe!
亲爱的,我想让你参加采访
Sweetheart, I am going to need you to be available for interviews.
很多很多的采访
Lots and lots of interviews.
这是国家的一个新闻故事
This is gonna be a national news story.
史蒂文,看起来你想用我的事情
Steven, it seems to me that you’re using my case
去促动你的事情,同性恋婚姻
to promote your cause, gay marriage.
这正是我在做的事情
That is exactly what I’m doing.
这正是我要等的案例,是我梦想能得到的
This is the case that I’ve been waiting for, that I’ve been dreaming about.
这件事情将得到公众的注意
This is going to put this issue in the national spotlight,
这也能促动同性恋的婚姻
it is going to turn the tide for gay marriage.
我做斗争不是为了结婚,是为了平等
My fight is not about marriage, it’s about equality.
这是关于一个警♥察♥应得的养老金…
It’s about a cop getting the benefits she deserv…
不关结婚的事。你在开玩笑吗?
Not about marriage, are you kidding me?
我很抱歉,我只是,想到这个很激动
I’m sorry. I just, I’m very passionate about this.
如果你已经结婚了,就没有这些废话了
If you were married, and not this bullshit,
二等公民,家庭伴侣之类的鬼话
second-class citizen domestic partner crap,
但是如果结婚了,那就不是问题了
but married, there wouldn’t be an issue.
斯戴西就有资格得到你的养老金了
Stacie would be entitled to your benefits.
嘿,如果你和我明天结婚,我就有资格得到你的养老金了
Hell, if you and I got married tomorrow, I’d be entitled to your benefits.
– 这算是求婚? – 哦,亲爱的,我要娶你
– Is that a proposal? – Oh, honey, I will marry you.
但是,我不知道怎么和你做♥爱♥
But I wouldn’t know what to do with your vagina.
哦,天那
Oh, my God.
我只是不希望这些政♥治♥上的事情搅乱我们的生活
I just don’t want this whole political thing to take over our lives.
我需要你好起来
We need to get you better.
所有这些争吵都没有用
All this hoopla isn’t necessary.
我们需要的是海洋县的投票人
All we need are Ocean County voters
出席下次不动产董事会会议
at the next freeholder meeting.
激进分子和来自纽约的陌生人无法说服这些家伙
Radicals and strangers from New York aren’t gonna convince these guys.
我不是个激进分子,我也不是从纽约来的
I am not a radical, and I am not from New York.
我是中产阶级犹太人,同性恋者,来自新泽西
I am a middle-class Jewish homosexual from New Jersey.
你呢,亲爱的?
How about you, sweetheart?
我是个耿直的,白人
I’m a straight, white,
英国后裔,前信教教♥徒♥,无神论者,警♥察♥
anglosex and ex-protestant, atheist cop.
你还满意吗,亲爱的?
You okay with that, sweetheart?
是的,很不错
I am, that is very hot.
这是一个改变世界的机会
It’s an opportunity to change the world.
罗拉,这是你的遗产啊
Laurel, this can be your legacy.
这不是一个本地故事,马克,这是对正义的践踏
It is not a local story, Mark, it’s an outrageous miscarriage of justice.
我可以给你在全国采访的机会
I’m giving you the opportunity to cover this nationally.
是的
Yes.
好吧,你知道的,如果你的编辑没意识到
Okay, well you know what, if your editor doesn’t see
这个故事的重要性,他就是个笨蛋
how important this story is, then he is an idiot,
或者他也讨厌同性恋
or a closeted homophobe.
是的,你听我的
Yes, you heard me.
我们需要更多的恩里曼!
We need more Entenmann’s!
嘿,开进来,你可以进来
Hey, you got room, you can pull up.
为什么不离开这里!
Why don’t you get out of our town!
离开这里,你这个同性恋荡♥妇♥!
Just get out of here, you lesbian bitch!
滚远点,快滚!
Get the hell out of here, get out!
– 混♥蛋♥! – 同性恋荡♥妇♥!
– Assholes! – God damn dyke!
– 你没事吧? – 是的
– You okay? – Yeah.
你好,什么?
Hello? What?
我就来
I’m coming.
去吧!
Go!
罗拉,妈妈,怎么回事?
Laurel, Mom, what happened?
她突然混乱了,她不知道她在哪儿
All of a sudden she was so confused, she didn’t know where she was and I,
我也不知道该怎么做
I didn’t know what to do.
-你没事的 – 她会没事的
– You’re okay. – She’ll gonna be okay.
家属留步!
Patients only!
罗拉,我爱你!
Laurel, I love you!
我爱你!
I love you!
怎么样了?
What’s going on?
癌症,嗯,扩散到她的脑袋里了
Cancer, um, spread to her brain.
她的淋巴结,脖子的一侧
And her lymph nodes and the… side of her neck.
天那
Jesus.
医生说…
The doctor said that…
他们没有一点办法了
that we’re not trying to cure anything anymore.
只是争取一点点时间而已
That we’re just trying to buy a little time.
我…
I…
我还以为会有几年呢
I thought we had a few years.
我很确信的
I had myself convinced.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!