我们结婚了
We got married.
我非常快乐
I was happy.
我的不快乐的时候结束了…
I was through with–
我以为我已经忘了
I thought I was through with…
…你知道…
…you know….
嗯 我想起来了…
Well. Oh, yes…
…就在我的婚礼上我第一次见到维莱特
…it was at my wedding that I saw Villette for the first time.
战争结束了
Then the war was over.
人们回家了
The men were coming home.
我知道他什么时候抵家
l knew the day when he would come home.
那天我去到码头
On that day, l went down to the port.
刚好进来了一艘船
A boat had just come in.
突然间 我看到他
Suddenly, I saw him.
他变了 我猜…
He had changed, I suppose…
…但是我没有留意到
…but I didn’t notice.
我们安排第二天见面
We arranged to meet the next day.
那天天气好极了
It was a lovely day.
夏天快结束了
The end of summer.
迈克说啊说啊
Michael talked and talked.
他告诉我战争期间所有他的思考
He told me all the thoughts that had come to him during the war.
我不想听有关战争的事
I didn’t want to hear about the war.
战争改变了他
But the war had changed him.
突然间 下起大雨了非常突然
Then a storm came up, so suddenly.
我们看到穿过田野有一间小屋 我们跑过去躲雨
We saw a house across the field and ran for shelter.
屋子门锁着
The house was closed.
我不知道几点了
I don’t know what time it was.
但已经很晚了
But it was late.
我们错过最后一班驶离岛上的渡轮
We had missed the last ferry back from the island.
我没办法跟我先生联络上
There was no way I could get in touch with my husband.
隔天早上雨停了
lt stopped raining in the morning.
有个人穿过庭院走过来
A man came walking down through the garden.
好像那地方是他的一样
He walked as though he owned it.
不过确实如此
As a matter of fact, he did.
我还在那个屋子里
I was still in the summerhouse…
…他不知我是谁…
…and he didn’t know who I was…
…不过 显然他知道我是个女的
…but apparently, he knew I was a woman…
…因为他对迈克说了些难听的话
…because he made some remark to Michael.
迈克一拳打倒他
Michael knocked him down.
我冲出去 站在屋子的台阶上 看见下面的他
I came out and stood on the steps of the summerhouse, looked down at him.
他抬头看见了我 说
He looked up at me and said:
早呀 格兰福特太太
”Good morning, Madame Grandfort. ”
他就是维莱特
It was Villette.
我能跟迈克说什么?
What could I say to Michael?
我没有告诉他我已经结婚了
I hadn’t told him I was married.
有五年我没有再见到过迈克
l didn’t see him again for five years.
也没有见到过维莱特 直到迈克被按立的那天
Nor did l see Villette again, until the day Michael was ordained.
我开始撞到维莱特
Then I began running into Villette…
…经常
…all the time.
我到哪儿他也出现在哪儿
He appeared everywhere I went.
有一天在国会我正在听皮埃尔演讲
One day in Parliament, I was listening to Pierre.
维莱特到我跟前 他说他遇上了麻顿
Villette came up to me. He said that he was in trouble.
是跟逃税有关
Something to do with a tax scandal.
只有我先生能帮他
Only my husband could help him.
我告诉他皮埃尔决不会管任何灰色的事情
I told him Pierre would never get involved in anything shady.
然后他威胁把我和迈克的事情说出去
Then he threatened to tell about Michael and me.
我能说什么让他知道这对我们是不公平的?
What words could I say that would tell him it was wrong about us?
皮埃尔的事业会终结
Pierre’s career would be finished.
迈克可能会被解除神职
Michael might be unfrocked.
我试着不去理他 但他一直缠着我不放…
I tried to ignore him, but he kept after me…
…不停打电♥话♥
…kept calling up.
终于有一天我又撞上了他
Then one day, I ran into him again.
他限我24小时…
And he gave me 24 hours…
否则
…or else.
那是我真的绝望了
Oh, I was really desperate by then.
然后我想或许迈克能帮得上忙…
Then I thought that maybe Michael might help…
…我马上打电♥话♥给他 当天晚上我们见面了
…and I rang him up. We met that same night.
迈克非常生气
He was very angry.
他叫我不用担心维莱特…
He said not to worry about Villette…
…他会处理
…that he would deal with him.
我们就安排第二天早晨在维莱特家前见面
And we arranged to meet the next day in front of Villette’s house.
我在九点半到达
I went there at 9:30.
那么多人我有点迷惑
I wondered at the crowds.
迈克告诉我维莱特已经死了
Then Michael told me Villette was dead.
我真的不敢相信
I couldn’t believe it.
我解脱了
I was free.
怎样 探长?
Well, inspector?
我太太可以走了吗?
May my wife leave now?
当然可以
Certainly.
洛根神父有不在场证明了 是不是 威利?
Father Logan has his alibi now, doesn’t he, Willy?
当然
Of course.
谢谢你
Thank you.
你要现在走吗 神父?
Would you like to go now, Father?
-晚安 -晚安
-Good night. -Good night.
晚安 神父
Good night, Father.
好了 都结束了
Well, it’s over.
先生 是吗?
ls it, sir?
-是 我们走吧 -先生 看这个
-Yes. Let’s get out of here. -Look, sir.
-这是什么? -尸检报告
-What’s that? -The autopsy report.
维莱特九点时在一个餐馆吃过晚饭
Villette had dinner in a restaurant at 9.
根据胃的检查法医断定他不可能死于11点半之前
Examining his stomach, the doctors found that he couldn’t have died before 1 1 :30.
拉鲁
Larrue.
格兰福特太太说他和洛根神父在十一点分手
Madame Grandfort said that she left Father Logan at 1 1 .
三十分钟可以做很多事情
You can do a lot of things in 30 minutes.
-是谁? -是我 皮埃尔
-Who is it? -Pierre.
请进
Come in.
-对不起 吵醒你了 -我醒着
-Sorry l woke you. -l was awake.
威利罗伯森刚打过电♥话♥ 他正赶过来
Willy Robertson just called. He’s coming over.
这个时候来找我们 还这么早
What an odd time to pay us a visit. Must be very early.
我恐怕是公务拜访
l’m afraid he’s coming here officially.
公务?
Officially?
昨天晚上你的证词没有什么帮助
The statement you made last night, it wasn’t helpful…
…至少不是-不是像你所希望的那样
…at least not– Not in the way you hoped it to be.
可是我说的是事实啊
But l told the truth.
没人♥质♥疑你说的
No one doubts what you said.
-我没发现- -你说你十一点钟和洛根神父分手
-l don’t see– -You said you left Father Logan at 1 1 :00.
现在他们确认维莱特是在十一点半被杀
Now they have established that Villette was murdered at 1 1 :30.
时间滞后了三十分钟
There’s a time lag of half an hour.
他们事先知道这个时间滞后吗?
Did they know about this time lag?
在他们询问我之前就知道么?
Did they know before they questioned me?
探长为什么让我说所有那些事情?
Why did the inspector allow me to say all those things?
不需要我的证词
There was no need for my statement.
-威利为什么要来这里 -我要他来的
-Why is Willy coming here? -l asked him.
我要他和你谈谈 你可能会被传作证
l want him to talk to you. You may be called as a witness.
作证?
A witness?
-他们要逮捕迈克吗? -是
-Are they going to arrest Michael? -Yes.
但他什么也没做啊 他没有理由做
But he hasn’t done anything. He had no reason to.
-他们为什么认为他杀了维莱特? -你的证词回答了这个问题
-Why should they think he killed Villette? -Your statement answered that.
我的证词?
My statement?
他说你给了他们要的动机
He says you have given the motive they’ve been waiting for.
我…
l….
皮埃尔 我应该撒谎才对
l should have lied, Pierre.
以前我说过谎
l lied before.
昨晚也应该说谎才对
l should have lied last night.
他们会曲解我的证词
They’ll twist what l’ve said.
他们会歪曲它 他们会利用它
They’ll turn it, they’ll use it.
我给了他们想要的
l’ve given them what they wanted.
我原本是想帮助迈克…
l was going to help Michael…
…但是我毁了他
…but l’ve destroyed him.
而你 皮埃尔…
And you, Pierre….
我对你做了什么?
What have l done to you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!