Various multiples of “C.”
我是说 快上”好多”倍
Otherwise, the trip here would have taken about 1 ,000 years now, wouldn’t it?
否则 一趟旅行 至少要一千年才到得了
What if, um, I were to tell you…
要是我告诉你
that according to a man who lived on our planet named Einstein,
一个叫爱因斯坦的地球人说
that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light?
光的速度最快 没有东西快过它
I would say that you misread Einstein, Dr. Powell.
鲍威尔医生 你误解了他的话
May I call you Mark?
可以叫你马克吗
You see, Mark, what Einstein actually said…
其实 爱因斯坦的意思是
was that nothing can accelerate to the speed of light,
没有东西能加速到光速
because its mass would become infinite.
因为质量会变得无限大
Einstein said nothing about entities already…
爱因斯坦没提到
traveling at the speed of light or faster, at tachyon speeds.
本来已经快过光的超光速粒子
Tachyon?
超光速粒子?
I detect a note of skepticism, Dr. Powell.
你好像不相信我
Oh, not at all. It’s just that you…
不是 我只是惊讶…
You speak English so well. I’m amazed.
你的英文这么流利
Well, English isn’t that difficult a language to learn.
学英文并不难
You should try speaking…
你应该学说…
I’m… I’m confused.
我…我觉得奇怪
Maybe you can explain it to me. Uh…
你可不可以解释给我听
how is it that being a visitor from space,
既然你是外星人
that you-you look so much like me…
为什么长得跟我
or anyone else from Earth?
还有其他地球人一样
Why is a soap bubble round?
为什么肥皂泡是圆的?
Why is a soap bubble round?
为什么肥皂泡是圆的?
You know, for an educated person,
知道吗? 身为一个知识份子
Mark, you repeat things quite a bit.
你老是重复别人的话
Are you aware of that?
你没察觉吗?
A soap bubble is round…
肥皂泡是圆的
because it is the most energy-efficient configuration.
因为那是最有能量效率的形状
Similarly, on your planet, I look like you.
同样的 在你的星球上 我像你
On K-PAX, I look like a K-PAXian.
在K派克斯 我就像K派克斯人
Prot,
波特
why did you want to come to our planet?
你为什么要来我们的星球?
Well, I’ve been here many times before.
我以前就来过好多次
But what brought me here first? I don’t know.
我也不知道当初为什么会来
Pure curiosity, I guess.
可能是因为好奇吧
I’d never been to a Class BA-3 planet before.
我从来没去过BA3级的行星
Class BA-3?
BA3级?
Early stage of evolution.
处于进化初期
Future uncertain.
未来发展不确定
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor…
假如我把所有财产捐给贫民…
Howie. Go on. Talk to him.
豪伊 去啊 去问他
Go on.
去啊
You’re really from… up there?
你真的是…从外太空来的
Indeed.
是啊
I am from K-PAX.
我是从K派克斯星来的
What…
那是…
What sort of place is it?
那是个什么样的地方?
K-PAX is bigger than your planet.
K派克斯比你们的星球大
But we are circled by seven purple moons.
被七个紫色的月亮环绕
Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit,
胡扯…
bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.
胡扯…
Go on.
继续说
Well, K-PAX is most lovely when K-MON and K-RIL are in conjunction.
有两个太阳 K-MON和K-RIL
Those are our two suns.
就是你们所谓的博爱和顿悟
What you would call Agape and Satori.
它们会合的时候最美
You finish Your homework, Abby?
艾比 功课做完没
Yeah.
做完了
I lost another tooth.
我又掉了一颗牙
Oh, yeah? Let me see.
真的吗? 让我看看
Hey! Maybe the tooth fairy will come tonight, huh?
说不定齿仙今天晚上会来
There’s no such thing as the tooth fairy, Dad.
根本就没有齿仙
There’s just you and Mom.
是你跟妈
I fed them already. I couldn’t wait.
她们已经吃过了
How was your day?
今天上班怎样
Oh, 6:15 was late. Didn’t leave the station til 6.:30.
6点15的火车误点 到6点半才开
Should have caught the nearest beam of light.
早知道就坐光束回来
You should have caught what?
就坐什么回来?
Oh, nothing. How was your day?
没什么 你呢
Good.
不错
Sent the deposit in for the house…
我付了度假屋的定金
on the cape for the last two weeks of August.
日期定在8月最后两个礼拜
Which works out perfectly, ’cause Abby…
艾比的夏令营15号♥就结束
doesn’t get out of camp till the 1 5th.
时间刚刚好
Sent the deposit in?
你已经付了定金?
Yeah.

Come on, Rache.
拜托 瑞秋
That wasn’t definite. We were just talking. I said maybe.
我们还不确定去不去
Maybe sometime in August we’ll clear it.
我只是说也许8月去
Maybe. Maybe we should start paying you for your time.
也许我们应该付钱请你伴♥游♥
You got a family rate?
家庭有没有优♥惠♥价
Oh, look. They published my letter.
你看 他们登了我的信
I spoke with Natalie about going into the after-school program next year,
我跟纳塔莉说了明年 参加课后辅♥导♥的事
in case I go back to teaching.
我想再回去教书
And this morning my head fell off,
今天早上 我的头掉下来
but I was able to sew it back on with dental floss.
还好我用牙线把它缝回去
Waxed, of course.
有上蜡的那种
Dental floss?
牙线?
Sorry. I wasn’t l listening.
对不起 我没在听
Yeah, I know. Let’s just eat.
我知道 吃饭吧
Train was late. I’m tired.
火车误点 我很累
And to top it off, the city is dumping patients on us.
市立医院又拼命把病人塞进来
I know.
我知道
You stink.
你好臭
Have a nice day, Sal.
再见 赛尔
I’ve been to 6♥4♥pLanets within our galaxy.
我去过我们星系中的 六十四颗行星
Earth is the only one with your species,
地球是目前我到过
Homo sapiens, that I’ve visited so far.
唯一有人类的星球
And when did you arrive on Earth?
你什么时候到地球的?
Four years and nine months ago.
四年零九个月前
So that makes you how old?
所以你是几岁?
In Earth terms, 337 years old.
以地球的算法 337岁
I aged about seven getting here, traveling at six multiples of “C.”
我到的时候大概7岁 用六倍的光速旅行
But really, Marko, it only seemed like an instant.
其实 马可 只是一眨眼的事
Marko?
马可?
Time may warp at super light speed.
超光速会将时间压缩
I’d say access one psychosis NOS.
我认为是一级精神错乱
That’s glib to call him a psychotic.
这样就说他是精神病患
That’s a wastebasket diagnosis.
诊断也未免太过笼统
Oh, yeah?
是吗?
He believes he traveled here from another planet.
他自称来自外星球
What’s your diagnosis, jet lag?
难道说他患了飞行时差综合症
Well, how come he didn’t respond to the Haldol?
那他为什么对氟哌醇没反应
Haldol can make you more psychotic.
氟哌醇有可能会让病情更加严重
It’s rare, but it does happen.
不常见 可是有 听着
Look. I’m not saying that medication can’t be a useful tool…
我不否认药物治疗有用
to help somebody like this, but you can’t…
在治疗这样的病患方面 但你不能…
He maybe a good subject for the “Betazine” protocol.
我们可以拿他来进行
The drug’s on clinical trial.
贝塔素的临床实验
You want to experiment on him before we have a diagnosis?
还没诊断出病因就拿他来实验
Do you have some other idea?
你有更好的提议?
He’s not a danger to anyone.
他不会伤害任何人
How about getting to know him first?
为什么不试着去了解他?
In the meantime,
问题是…
we have ten new transfers to take care of.
我们还有十个转院病人要照顾
You know, maybe what’s wrong with him…
知道吗? 也许他的问题就出在
is that he is.
他真的是
Is what?
是什么?
From the planet K-PAX.
真的是来自K派克斯星

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!