I believe you’re as human as I am.
我认为你跟我一样是人
I would say you’re in need of a Thorazine drip, Doctor.
我会认为你需要注射镇定剂
Well, there… there is one way…
有一个办法
You could convince me beyond any doubt.
你可以彻底让我信服
Of course, I would need your consent.
当然 我需要徵求你的同意
It’s called hypnosis.
就是催眠
I just don’t see the point.
我看不出有什么用
Let me tell you what your alternative is.
那你还有一个选择
A trip to a place where they’ll stick a needle in your ass every morning,
就是转到另外一层楼 每天打♥针♥
which may or may not leave you with a stupid grin on your face…
打到你只会傻笑
for the rest of your days here on Earth.
一直笑到你离开地球为止
Is that what you’d like?
你希望那样吗?
Prot?
波特
I want to help you.
我想帮你
What we’re going to be doing, Prot,
我们现在要做的
is a bit like daydreaming.
有点像在做白日梦
I’m gonna count from one to five.
我会从一数到五
On the count of three, Your eyes will close,
数到三 你会闭上眼睛
and you will find yourself in a very nice, deep,
进入非常深
comfortable, relaxed state of hypnosis.
非常舒服的催眠状态
One. Your eyes are starting to get very heavy now.
一 你的眼皮开始变重
Two. I want you to use your imagination…
二 我要你发挥想像力
and imagine small lead weights on your eyelids…
想像你的眼皮上有铅块
that are just making them so… heavy.
变得非常沉重
Pulse rate is 40 B.P.M. Three.
脉搏每分钟40下 三
Keep your eyes closed. I’d be concerned if he were human.
继续闭着眼睛 还好他不是人类
Let yourself go way, way down deep.
放松自己 尽量放松
Four. Let a wave of relaxation move through your body now…
四 全身开始放松
as you go down even deeper.
你现在睡得更熟
And five,

going way, way down deep.
睡得非常 非常熟
You are in a relaxed state of hypnosis now.
你现在处于放松的催眠状态
How do you feel?
感觉如何?
Like…
像是…
nothing.
没感觉
I want you to go back in time.
我要你回到过去
I want you to recall the first experience that you can remember.
我要你回忆起最早的经验
What do you see?
你看到什么?
What was that?
怎么了?
What do you see?
你看到什么?
I see…
我看到
casket.
棺材
Silver…
银色的
with a blue lining.
衬里是蓝色的
Whose casket is it?
是谁的棺材?
It’s the father of a friend of mine.
我朋友爸爸的
What’s your friend’s name?
你朋友叫什么名字?
I’m not telling.
不告诉你
Do you know how Your friend’s father died?
知道他父亲为什么过世吗?
He had an accident at the place that he worked at.
他工作的时候出了意外
He was killed in an accident?
他是意外死的?
He… He was hurt and then died later?
是受伤太严重死的
Where did he work?
他在哪儿工作?
The place where they kill cows.
宰牛的地方
Where is this place?
那个地方在哪儿?
The pulse rate just shot up ten B.P.M.s.
他的脉搏上升了10下
Do you know… Do you know where this place is?
知不知道那个地方在哪儿?
I-I want you to relax.
我要你放松
I want to move forward in time now.
我要你把时间往前移
Where are you?
你在哪儿?
It’s nighttime.
是晚上
We’re in his house.
我们在他家
At the other boy’s house? Yeah.
另外一个男孩的家 对
I want him to come outside.
我找他出来
Why?
为什么?
To look at the stars.
看星星
That’s where I come from, You know.
我是从那里来的
Is your name Prot?
你是不是叫波特?
Wow. How did you know that?
你怎么知道
Where are you from, Prot?
你是从哪儿来的?
I’m from the planet K-PAX.
我来自K派克斯星
It’s in the constellation Lyra.
在天琴座附近
Do you know all the constellations?
你认识所有的星座
Yeah. Most of ’em.
认识大部分
And does your friend know them too?
你朋友也认识
Yes, he does.
他也认识
When his dad got sick and had to stay home, they got a telescope,
他爸爸在家养病的时候 买♥♥了一副望远镜
and his dad taught him about all the constellations.
教他辨认所有的星座
But he’s not interested in those right now.
不过他现在没心情看
Why not?
为什么?
Something happened. That’s why he called me.
出事了 所以他叫我来
He calls me when something bad happens.
每次一出事 他就叫我来
Like when his father died?
像是他父亲过世
That’s right.
没错
How do you know to come? How does the boy call you?
你怎么知道要来? 他怎么跟你联络
I don’t know. I just come. I just… I just know.
我也不知道 我只知道我来了
How do you get to Earth?
你怎么来地球的?
I wanna go outside. Can I go outside?
我想出去 可不可以出去?
Uh, read… read his body language, Mark.
马克 看他的身体语言
I-I don’t think he wants to talk anymore today.
他不想再说下去了
All right. Prot?
好吧 波特
I want you to just relax now.
我要你放松
Think about the stars.
想着星星
That’s right. I’ m gonna count backwards now from five to one,
对了 我要从五倒数到一
and you’ll find yourself wide-awake and refreshed.
你醒来的时候会非常有精神
Five. You’re starting to come out of it now.
五 你现在开始醒过来
Four. You’re feeling more alert.
四 你越来越清醒
Three. Even more alert.
三 变得更清醒
Two. You’re becoming awake now.
二 你醒过来了
And one.

So when do we begin?
我们什么时候开始?
It’s already over.
已经结束了
Oh, the old “fastest gun in the West” routine, huh?
迅雷不及掩耳
Let’s find the locations of all the slaughter houses operating in the United States.
找出全美国屠宰场的地址
I mean, how many can there be?
查查一共有多少家
I don’t know.
我不知道
We eliminate, uh, the ones in or near big cities…
不要找那些靠近大城市
and we concentrate on small towns, rural areas,
只要找小镇 乡村地区
You know, places where You can see the stars.
可以看到星星的地方
Joyce, we only have six days.
乔伊斯 我们只剩六天了
Shall I bring the crystal or leave it here?
我要不要带水晶杯走?
I suppose I won’t really need it on K-PAX.
在K派克斯搞不好用不到
I don’t even know what they drink.
我连他们喝什么都不知道
Dream on, sister. He can only take one of us with him.
你在做梦 他只带一个人跟他走
Why the hell would he take a stinker like you?
你一身臭味 干嘛要带你
He’s taking me.
要带也带我
How dare you! I do not stink.
乱说 我不臭
Nah, forget it, ho. I’m the one goin’.
少做梦了 应该是我
Yeah? Which one of you?
是哦 哪一个你?
Okay. Who would like to begin?
好 谁要先发言
Ernie. Uh, I-I was… I was wondering if it was possible…
恩尼 我在想
for us to have Cream of Wheat instead of oatmeal.
可不可以不吃麦皮 改吃麦片
Not again. Howie.
又来了 豪伊
I have a suggestion, because there’s really, really not much time.
我有个提议 因为时间不多了
I would like to propose an essay contest…
我建议举办作文比赛
to decide once and for all who will go with Prot.
来决定谁跟波特走
I’ve spoken with him,
我跟他谈过
and he’s agreed to read them all by July 27.
他答应在7月27日前看完
So if anyone would like to be considered,
想去的人
please state your reasons in a clear, legible hand…
请写清楚原因

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!