他们是学电影里的一些场景
Shop girl saw it from across the way,
对面的营业员看到了
called 911.
之后就报了警
Jesus, that’s terrible.
天 太可怕了
That…
可…
well, you didn’t know.
可你并不知情
It could have been real.
你以为真的出了状况
But it wasrt.
可事实上不是
His parents…
他父母…
uh, his parents…
呃 他父母…
I had to…
我…
I was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress syndrome
3位心理医生都诊断我
by three different psychiatrists.
患有创伤后压力心理障碍症
That’s why I retired.
就是因为这我才退休的
I couldn’t do the job anymore.
我再也当不了警♥察♥了
So why don’t you do something else? Like what?
那为什么不做点别的? 做什么?
Drive a forklift at Costco?
到”好市多”开装卸车?
Maybe you could go back to school.
也许你可以回警校教书
I loved my job.
我喜欢警♥察♥这行
I don’t wanna do anything else.
我不想做别的
You ever think about the term “homeland security”?
你有没有想过”国土安全”这个词?
I mean, really think about it?
我是说 仔细的想过吗?
The day that you found out
那一天
that your father had been killed in Iraq,
知道你♥爸♥爸在伊♥拉♥克♥牺牲…
do you remember that day?
你还记得那天吗?
Can you talk about that?
我们能谈谈那天吗?
You feel comfortable talking about that?
你可以谈谈那天的事吗?
After the men came
在那人来…
to tell my mom,
通知我妈后
I cried,
我哭了
but she didn’t.
可她却没有
She just went up to her room
她只是回到她房♥间
and grabbed the pillows off the bed,
从床上拿起枕头
cut the tops off of them with a pair scissors.
用剪子把枕头剪开
There were feathers all over the place.
里面的羽毛到处飞扬
That must have really frightened you.
你当时一定吓坏了
No, she was trying to find the crown.
不 她在找头冠
The crown?
头冠?
The crown you leave in your pillow
如果你长时间枕枕头的话
when you’ve slept on it for a long time.
上面就会留下一个头冠
My…
我…
my father had two crowns.
我爸爸有2个头冠
Stop there.
停一下
You hungry? No.
你饿吗? 不饿
Mind if I get some lunch?
我能不能去吃午饭?
No, go ahead.
好 去吧
Brad?
布莱德?
Honey, you there?
亲爱的 你在吗?
Pick up. I know you’re there.
快接电♥话♥ 我知道你在家
It’s Aarors nap time.
现在是亚伦的午睡时间
Okay, I guess you guys are out somewhere.
好吧 大概你们出门了
Um…
嗯…
I love you both.
我爱你们
Bye.

I certainly did.
我当然读了
Here we go.
到了
I don’t know, Jean. I don’t think I’m up for this.
我不知道 简 我觉得我没准备好
Well, now don’t be silly.
别瞎想了
It’ll be fun. Really?
会很有趣的 真的吗?
You’re not the only little sister here tonight.
今晚可不止你一个”小妹”呢
Oh, that’s good. Oh!
哦 那太好了 哦!
Hi, would you like a glass?
嗨 来一杯吗?
Did anybody like this book? Because I really just hated it.
有人喜欢这本书吗? 我可很讨厌这书
It’s so depressing.
这书太压抑了
She cheats on her husband with two different guys,
她对她丈夫不忠 和2个男人通奸
wastes all his money, then kills herself with rat poison?
花光了她丈夫的钱 之后吃老鼠药自杀?
Do I really need to read this?
这种书有必要看吗?
Well, there is a lot of good descriptive writing.
书里有很多不错的叙述性描写
It’s supposed to be depressing.
这书本来就该让人压抑
It’s a tragedy.
是个悲剧
Madame Bovary was undone by a tragic flaw.
包法利夫人是被她的性格弱点所摧毁的
What’s her flaw?
她有什么弱点?
Blindness. She didn’t see
愚昧
that the men were just using her.
她不知道男人不过是在利用她
She just wants a little romance in her life.
她只是想寻找生活中的一丝浪漫
You can’t blame her for that. It’s about womers choices.
你不能因为这就责备她 这是关于女人选择的问题
Back then, a woman didn’t have a lot of choices.
那个时代 女人没有什么选择的余地
You could be a nun or a wife.
做修女 或是嫁为人♥妻♥
That’s all there was. Or a prostitute.
只有这两种选择 或者做妓♥女♥
She had a choice.
她可以选择的
She had a choice not to cheat on her husband.
她可以选择对丈夫忠贞
I found it refreshing to read about a woman
看到一个女人寻求性♥欲♥
reclaiming her sexuality.
我觉得与众不同
Is that a nice way of saying she’s a slut?
你这是不是委婉的说 她就是个荡♥妇♥?
Madame Bovary’s not a slut.
包法利夫人可不是荡♥妇♥
She’s one of the great characters in Western literature.
她是西方文学史中的一个伟大人物
I was a little puzzled by some of the sexual references.
我对其中的一些性描写有些困惑
Look, like this one.
比如这一段
Um…
嗯…
“He abandoned every last shred
“他抛弃了所有的…”
of restraint and consideration.
“顾虑和理性”
He turned her into something compliant,
“令她百依百顺”
something corrupt.”
“使她堕落”
Does anyone know what that means?
这里是什么意思?
It means she’s a slut.
就是说她是个荡♥妇♥
Is he tying her up
他把她绑起来
or something?
还是怎么着了?
Anal sex.
肛♥交♥
Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm.
哦… 哦…
Did everyone get that but me?
是不是除了我 你们都明白了?
Let’s set that aside for now.
我们先暂时谈点别的吧
I’m really eager to hear what
我很想听听另一位”小妹”
our other little sister has to say.
对这本书有什么看法
I’m not sure if you know this, but Sarah has a Phd
莎拉是英语文学博士
in English lit.
你们知道吗
Just a masters.
是硕士
I never wrote my dissertation.
我从来没写过论文
Well, you still have a lot more expertise
那你还是比我们…
than the rest of us.
专业的多
I think I understand your feelings about this book.
我想我能理解你们对这本书的感受
I used to have some problems with it myself.
我以前也有相同的想法
When I read it in grad school,
我研究生时读过这本书
Madame Bovary just seemed like a fool.
那时我觉得包法利夫人 就是个十足的傻瓜
She marries the wrong man,
她嫁错了人
makes one foolish mistake after another.
又一次次的犯下愚蠢的错误
But when I read it this time, I just fell in love with her.
但是这次重读这本书时 我却深深的爱上了她
She’s trapped.
她被困于枷锁之中
She has a choice. She can either accept a life of misery
她可以选择接受悲惨的生活
or she can struggle against it.
或是与之抗争
And she chooses to struggle.
她选择了抗争
Some struggle… hop into bed
确实是抗争啊…
with every guy who says hello.
对每个男人都投怀送抱
Well, she fails in the end, but there’s something beautiful
尽管最终她还是失败了
and even heroic in her rebellion.
但是她的反抗却是美好 甚至可以说是英勇的
My professors would kill me for even thinking this,
要是我的教授知道我现在的想法 一定会杀了我
but…
但是…
in her own strange way,
在她不同寻常的抗争中
Emma Bovary is a feminist.
艾玛·包法利是个女权主义者
Oh, that’s nice.
哦 太好了
So now cheating on your husband makes you a feminist?
对丈夫不忠居然就成女权主义了?
No no no.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!