I couldn’t help noticing your stroller.
我注意到你的推车
Do you have another child?
你有2个孩子?
No, just Aaron. Got that at a yard sale.
不 只有亚伦一个 这车是在旧货处理时掏的
Extra seat comes in handy for the bear, though.
多余的那个座位正好可以放玩具
Lucy refuses to go in a stroller or a car seat.
露西就坚决不坐推车 或者是汽车上的儿童座位
We have to walk everywhere. It takes us half an hour to go three blocks,
我们到哪去都只能步行 3个街区就得走半小时
unless I carry her.
除非抱她走
Daddy, I’m finished. Are you sure? We just got here.
爸爸 我不想玩了 真的吗? 我们才刚来
I’m finished right now.
我现在玩够了
Okay. All right, here we go.
好 好的
Ready? One, two, three.
准备好了? 1, 2, 3
Oops. Oh, hold on for a second.
呃 哦 等一下
There, thank you. Are you okay?
好了 谢谢 你还好吗?
No problem.
不客气
It was then while watching Brad kneel down at his son’s feet
在看到布莱德跪在他儿子面前的那一刻
that Sarah found herself gripped by an unexpected pang of sadness.
莎拉感到了一种始料不及的悲哀
“Don’t go,” she thought.
“别走” 她想道
“Don’t leave me here with the others.”
“不要把我扔在这里”
It was nice talking to you. Same here.
很高兴和你聊天 彼此彼此
Wait! Um…
等一下! 呃…
Come here. Just…
过来 我…
come here.
过来
You see those women over there?
看到那儿的那些女人了吗?
Just, yeah, don’t… don’t look.
别 嗯 不要… 别往那儿看
You know what they call you?
知道他们叫你什么吗?
What?
什么?
The prom king.
舞会国王
Oh God, really?
哦 天 真的吗?
Yeah, they mean it as a compliment.
是的 那是他们对你的恭维
You’re a big character in their fantasy lives.
在他们的幻想中 你可举足轻重呢
Wow.
哇…
Um, so one of them bet me $5 I couldn’t get your phone number.
呃 他们中的一个出5块钱 赌我要不到你的电♥话♥号♥码
Five bucks, huh?
5块钱 哈?
Yeah.

Could we split it 50-50?
我们能不能对半分?
It could be arranged.
没问题
It doesn’t have to be your real number.
并不一定非要是真实号♥码
Oh, well, you know, in that case, sure. You got a pen?
哦 嗯 这样的话 没问题 你有笔吗?
Great. Oh shit, no l… um, no I don’t.
太好了! 哦 不 我… 嗯 我没有
Uh… Well…
呃… 那…
No wait, just… wait.
不 等一下 只是… 等一下
You know what’d really be funny?
你知道怎么才会真正有趣吗?
If you gave me a hug.
要是你拥抱我一下的话
You think? Yeah.
你觉得会? 是的
Yeah. All right, come here.
是的 好吧 过来
Oh my God.
哦 我的天啊
Do you want to really freak them out?
想不想真正吓他们一把?
Yeah.
想啊
Who’s gonna talk in there?
谁要在那里说话?
Oh my God! Troy!
哦 我的天! 特洛伊!
Lucy! Isabelle!
露西! 伊莎贝尔!
Isabelle! Come here, Isabelle. Okay, we have to go.
伊莎贝尔! 过来 伊莎贝尔 好啦 我们要走了
Isabelle! Troy!
伊莎贝尔! 特洛伊!
I think that worked. Yeah, I think so.
我觉得这招起作用了I 是 我想也是
Um, well, it was nice meeting you. Yeah.
呃 很高兴认识你 我也是
It’s okay, yeah. We’re gonna go.
好了 好了 我们得走了
It’s all right. Lucy?
好了 露西?
We’re gonna go home.
我们要回家了
Okay, here we go, good girl.
好了 好了 乖孩子
Good girl.
乖孩子
I’m sure your daughter found that very educational.
你刚才那样一定 叫你女儿受益匪浅
His name is Brad. He’s a lawyer
他叫布莱德 是个律师
and he’s really very nice.
而且人极其友善
For the past few days Sarah hadrt been able
过去的几天里
to concentrate on anything but the prom king
莎拉满脑子里想的都是舞会国王
and the curious thing that had happened
以及那天在操场上他们之间
between them on the playground.
发生的非比寻常的事情
She didn’t feel shame or guilt,
她并不为此而羞愧内疚
only a sense of profound disorientation,
只是感到一种极度的困惑
as if she had been kidnapped by aliens
就好像是被外星人绑♥架♥
then released unarmed a few hours later.
几个小时候之后 又安然无恙的被释放
As he had so often in recent days,
就像他最近常做的
Brad mentally reenacted the kiss by the swing set.
布莱德内心再次 重现了秋千旁的那一吻
He still couldn’t believe it had really happened.
他始终无法相信
And with all those women and children watching.
众目睽睽下发生的那一幕
Troy! Troy!
特洛伊! 特洛伊!
Aaron had been particularly curious about what he’d seen.
亚伦对他所见的那一幕格外好奇
Why you hugging that lady?
为什么你要抱那位太太?
Well, that’s what I’m trying to show you with Bozo.
我现在就是要拿博祖来给你解释
Sometimes it’s a game that adults play to show that they’re friends.
有时候这是大人们之前的游戏 表示他们是朋友
You say, ” Hi, I’m your friend.”
就好像是说”嗨 我是你朋友”
Aaron was skeptical.
亚伦很多疑
They returned to the playground the following morning,
第二天早上他们又来到操场
but no one was there.
但那里却空无一人
Sarah hadrt shown up at the town pool either,
游泳池那儿也没看到莎拉的身影
though Brad remembered telling her that he and Aaron
布莱德记得告诉过她基本上
could be found there most afternoons.
每天下午他和亚伦都会去那儿
It didn’t seem to matter that Sarah wasrt his type,
尽管莎拉不是他喜欢的类型
wasrt even that pretty… at least not compared to Kathy,
尽管她也不特别漂亮…
who had long legs and lustrous hair
至少不如拥有长腿、秀发和
and perfect breasts.
美胸的凯西漂亮
Sarah was short, boyish,
莎拉矮小 缺少女人风韵
and had eyebrows that were thicker than Brad thought necessary.
连她的眉毛 布莱德 都认为是超乎寻常的粗重
But even so, she’d walked into his arms that day
尽管如此 那天她还是走进了他的世界
as if she were fulfilling a secret wish
就好像在满足他
he hadrt remembered making.
忘记许诺的神秘愿望
Hey, pervert!
嘿 变♥态♥!
Yeah, you, you pervert!
对 就是你 变♥态♥!
You like little boys, do you?
你喜欢小男孩 是吗?
Larry? Yes, it’s fucking Larry!
拉里? 对 就是他妈的拉里!
Jesus, man, don’t even joke about that.
天 老兄 别拿这种事开玩笑
What are you doing? Are you busy?
你干什么呢? 忙吗?
Uh, actually I’m supposed to be studying.
呃 事实上我应该去学习的
Taking the bar exam next month.
我下月要参加律师资格考试
I thought you did that last year.
我还以为你去年考了呢
Yeah. See how well I did?
是考了 现在知道我考的怎么样了吧?
I got a better idea. Get in.
我有个好主意 上车
Come on. Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on.
快 快点…
Do you mind holding these? Try to keep them nice.
拿着这些好吗? 别弄褶了
Oh, uh…
哦 呃…
are you, uh, part of the committee?
你是 呃 这个委员会的?
I am the committee.
我就是委员会
Wow.
哇…
That’s… that’s quite a commitment.
那… 那责任可不小呢
Yeah.
没错
Arert you full time on the force already?
你不早就是全职警♥察♥了吗?
Yeah, I’… I’m taking a little time off.
是的 我… 我在休假
You know what they should do to this bastard?
你知道应该怎么处置这个混♥蛋♥吗?
Just castrate him. You know, pfft!
阉了他 知道吗 就这样!
Get it over with, right?
这样就一了百了了 对吗?
Yeah.

You look good.
你气色不错
You’ve been, uh, working out?
你一直在健身吗?
Uh, just push-ups, crunches…
呃 就是些俯卧撑 仰卧起坐…
a little light running.
一些慢跑运动
The guys are gonna love this.
那帮家伙会很高兴的
What guys?
哪帮家伙?
Wow, this is something.
哇… 真酷啊
Yeah, it’s pretty, but doesn’t have a lot of give.
是啊 这里很不错 但是地面弹性不够好
It’s like playing on cement.
就好像是在水泥地打球一样

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!