他交到了我啊
He had it from me.
他朋友唐吉说 他生命中的那颗星终于缓缓升起
His friend Tanguy said his star was finally rising.
确实如此
And, it was.
每一张新的画布上 都画上了闪耀的星星
With each new canvass, he painted a shining star.
然而 那些星星的周遭却都是
But, all of those stars were surrounded by unfathomable,
深不可测的空旷的寂寞
empty loneliness.
你明明说他有你这个朋友 以及他弟弟的关爱
You said he had your friendship and his brother’s love.
我意思是 表面上一切都好的不得了
I mean it seems like everything was all right.
但是在内心深处 他却对未来望而生惧
Underneath he was deeply afraid of the future.
敬孩子们
To the baby, yes.
恐惧他自己与西奥的未来
Of his own and Theo’s.
让我抱抱你 可爱的小家伙
Time to meet you little boy.
我想你的药没有起作用
I don’t think he’s responding to your medicine.
他知道西奥在他身上
He knew that Theo had spent
已经花了不少的钱
a small fortune on him.
他知道这件事情之后 非常痛苦
The knowledge of this tore into Vincent.
失陪一下
Excuse me.
西奥本可以把这么多年为他花的钱
Theo could’ve had a house like this
用来购置这样一套房♥产
with all the money he’d spent on Vincent over the years.
但是 他又为他的妻儿带来过什么呢
But, instead what did he have for his new wife and baby’!
一屋子无人问津的画作罢了
Rooms full of paintings that no one wanted to buy.
文森特最大的恐惧是
Vincent’s biggest fear was that the burden of him
他带来的负担最终会压垮弟弟
would bring down his brother.
即便是文森特很担忧经济状况
So Vincent worried a little about money.
但是他们也不大可能吃不饱饭吧
It’s not like they were starving is it?
听着 我认为他并非自杀
Listen I don’t reckon he committed suicide.
而是被人枪击致死的
I reckon he was shot.
你和马泽里谈过吗
Have you been talking to Mazery?
你听他讲了他那套理论是吗 什么子弹的角度有问题
You heard his tale of how the angle of the bullet
什么没有人开枪自杀会打自己的胃
was all wrong, that nobody shoots themselves in the stomach?
是的
Well yeah.
有谁能阻止文森特做出这些异常的举动呢
What’s to stop Vincent from doing something improbable?
他割掉了自己的耳朵
I mean cutting a piece of your ear off and making
然后送给一个妓♥女♥当礼物 这还不够异于常人吗
a present of it to a whore is hardly probable now is it?
但是 有一个叫瑞内的人有枪
But, there was this lad Rene who had a gun,
他经常欺负文森特 在案发当天还曾经和文森特碰面
who bullied Vincent and was seen with him on that day.
那天我守在文森特的床前
I was at Vincent’s bedside on that day,
他说他是自己开枪射中自己的
and he said he had shot himself and told me
让我不要责怪别人
not to blame anyone.
不要责怪别人
Not to blame anyone?
难道这句话听起来不像
Doesn’t that sound to you like he was
他在掩护某个人吗
trying to cover for someone?
我知道他一心求死
He wanted to die I know that.
为什么他说不要责怪别人
Why would he say there’s no one to blame
还不是因为他认为会有人因此被怪罪
unless he thought someone might be blamed?
没错 那个人就是我
He said that because there was someone, me.
我想
I think he
他自杀是因为想要拯救西奥
took his life to try and save Theo
因为我说过的一些话
because of something I’d said.
当时发生了一些争吵
You see there was an argument, and I said
我对他说了一些
something to Vincent that as his doctor
身为医生本不该说的话
I should never have said.
但是他确实让我无比生气
But, he’d made me so angry.
你对艺术一无所知
You know nothing about art!
他说我是艺术骗子
He called me an artistic fraud.
你就在自欺欺人
And, you are lying especially lo yourself.
或许我就是吧
In a way I am.
你这个艺术骗子
You are an artistic fraud.
我不顾一切想成为艺术家
I desperately wanted to be an artist,
但是我父亲却促使我学医
but my father made me study medicine,
我却没有勇气对抗他的决定
and I failed to stand up to him.
文森特说他活着是为了寻求真理
Vincent said I was living a lie whilst he lived
而我却一辈子陷入了谎言之中
and struggled for the truth.
在激烈的争吵中我说
So I thought in the heat of our argument, okay Vincent
文森特 那我就告诉你一个宝贵的真♥相♥
I’ll give you your precious truth.
西奥已经是梅毒三阶了
I knew that Theo was in the tertiary stages of syphilis,
任何经济 情绪 或是身体上的压力
any stress financial, emotional or physical
都会害死他
could kill him.
我和他说 “你现在作何感受”
I said to Vincent, “What do you think?”
“担心你这个包袱
“The burden of worrying about you”
加重你弟弟的病情吗”
“Is doing to your brother?”
这简直要了他的命
It’s quite likely killing him.
这就是你寻求真理的代价
That is the price of your truth, the price
你追求艺术生涯的代价
of your path as an artist.
值得吗
Is it worth it?
那句话结束了争吵
That stopped the argument dead.
文森特
Vincent?
文森特
Vincent!
文森特 回来
Vincent come back!
文森特
Vincent!
两周后 我守在他床前
Two weeks later, I am sitting at his bedside,
他已经奄奄一息
and he is dying.
他说的唯一一句话是 “我死了也许对所有人都好”
The only words he said, “Maybe it is better for everyone.”
和你交换这封信
Here a letter for a letter.
西奥的遗孀在收集他的信件
Theo’s widow is collecting all his letters.
她想出版这些信件
She wants to publish them.
我会确保她收到这封信的
I’ll make sure she gets that.
在浏览寻找文森特写给西奥的信时
In reading through Vincent’s letters to Theo,
她发现了这封
she came across this one.
她深受感动 于是抄了一份
It moved her so much, she copied it out
寄给了我
and sent it to me.
为什么你把它给我
Why are you giving it to me?
因为这是他开始追求艺术生涯时
It is from when he was starting out
写的
on his journey as an artist.
收好它 为了你的人生旅程
Take it for your journey.
谢谢你 加歇医生
Thank you Dr. Gachet.
阿曼德·罗林 祝你好运
Armand Roulin, good luck.
多谢
Thanks a lot.
不麻烦 先生
No bother sir.
在大多数人眼中 我是谁
Who am I in the eyes of most people?
一个无名小卒 一个籍籍无名 不受欢迎的人
A nobody, a non entity, an unpleasant person.
我这种人 未曾也永远不会
Someone who has not, and never will have
在这社会占据一席之地
any position in society.
简而言之 社会最底层的芸芸众生
In short, the lowest of the low.
即使这是不争的事实
Well then even if that were all absolutely true,
总有一天我会通过我的作品向世界展示
then one day I will have to show by my work
这个无名小卒 这个无足轻重的人精彩纷呈的内心
what this nobody, this non entity has in his heart.
我在酒吧找你来着
I looked for you at the bar.
找到工作了吗
Any luck on the job from?
没有
Nothing.
密列特中尉说我应该参军
Lieutenant Milliet says I should enlist.
为什么
What for?
我打架打的不错 不是吗
Well I’m good at fighting, aren’t I?
罗林家的人向来如此
Roulin’s have always been that.
但是重点是 你得知道你在为谁而战
The trick is to know what you’re fighting for.
你快看
Would you look at it?
天际之上的另一个世界
There’s a whole other world up there.
我们凝视着它 但是无法完全理解
Something we get to gaze upon but don’t fully understand.
让我想到了他
It reminds me of him.
仅仅因为一个傻♥逼♥意外 生命却因此消逝了
It feels wrong all that life snuffed out
感觉一切都走偏了
because of a stupid accident.
我还是想知道为什么他要包庇那些年轻人
I’m still wondering why he would cover for those boys.
我想知道 人们会不会
What I’m wondering is if people
感激他所做的一切
will appreciate what he did.
你找我有什么事
You were looking for me?
这是今早从荷兰寄来的信
This arrived from Holland this morning.
寄信人是乔 西奥的遗孀
It’s from Jo, Theo’s widow.
事实证明加歇还是送到了信
It turns out Gachet did send the letter.
对于你做的一切 她深受感动
And, she was terribly touched by what you did.
她觉得你应该知道信里的内容
She thought it only right that you should know

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!