我真的以为他是挺开心的
I honestly thought he was.
你知道加歇医生想让他去别的地方吗
You know Dr.Gachet tried to get him to say somewhere else?
但他并没有
But, no.
他喜欢这里
He liked our place.
别玩了 你会弄脏你的裙子的
No, you’re going to ruin your dress.
你怎么这么轻
Well you’re light.
你会弄脏的
You’ll get messy.
你想要住下来吗
Do you want a room?
这要看多少钱一晚
It depends on the cost?
来嘛
Come on you.
一间房♥多少钱
How much is the room?
这要看你住哪里了
It depends on the room.
又来一个外国人
Another foreigner.
他喜欢我们 我们也喜欢他
He liked us, and we liked him.
他为人很好 也很文静
He was a nice, quiet man.
好吧
Sure.
怎么 你不喜欢他
What you didn’t like him?
不是那样的
It’s not that I-
他画画的时候会做出奇怪的事情来
– He could do unusual things because he was painting,
但别的时候 他很正常
but otherwise he was normal.
怎么不正常
Unusual how?
他第一天来的时候 我记得
On his first day, I remember because it was
也像现在一样
a day like today.
下着暴风雨 每个人都找地方躲雨
This big storm broke, and everyone’s rushing for shelter.
我看到他
And, I saw him.
穿着西装站在雨中
He’s just standing there in the rain, in his suit.
我以为他第一次来这比较兴奋
And, I thought, you know, must be first day excitement.
但不是的 他一直是那个样子
But, no he was always like that.
日复一日地作画 无论天气如何
Always painting day in, day out no matter what the weather.
我听说他和一个医生很熟
I heard he was close to the doctor.
加歇医生吗
What Dr. Gachet?
我可不这么想
No, I wouldn’t have said that.
他更喜欢独处
He kept rather to himself.
他和他的弟弟关系很好
He was definitely close to his brother
单凭写信次数来说
judging by the amount of letters.
我知道 我父亲是他们的邮差
I know my dad was his postman.
原来你知道的
So you know.
我在想 他每天哪有时间睡觉睡觉 总是作画
I was wondering when he slept painting all day,
写很长的信 总是在阅读
writing these long letters, always reading
那些厚厚的书
these fat books.
他的生活可以说是井然有序
I guess you could say he was well organized.
文森特吗
Vincent?
是啊 像钟表一样规律准时
Yeah, you could set your watch by him.
朝九晚五地画画
Painting from eight until five.
还以为他有一份稳定的工作呢
You’d think he was going off to a regular job.
他到处走走画画 下普瓦尔 麦田 树林
He went all over, Chaponval, the fields, the woods,
还有河边
the river.
他很喜欢去河边
He really liked the river.
去跟船夫聊聊
Speak to the boatman,
当心脚下
Watch your step.
他会告诉你的
He’ll tell you.
天呐
Oh dear.
我上来了
I’m in.
女士们 玩儿得开心
Enjoy yourselves ladies.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.

Bye.
我是阿曼德·罗林 已逝文森特·梵高的朋友
Armand Roulin friend of the late Vincent Van Gogh.
幸会
Pleasure.
我听说他生前喜欢绕着河边走走
I heard he liked to hang around the river.
文森特 对
Vincent, yeah.
是 他以前经常来
Yeah, he used to come down here.
甚至在黎明之前就来 只为捕捉某种特殊光线
Even before dawn to catch some special kind of light.
虽然我不太懂捕捉光线
Now I don’t know much about light catching,
但我知道在这儿你能看到人间百态
but I know you can set your eyes on a lot of life down here
你懂我的意思吗
if you catch my drift?
清楚明了
Good to know.
他不怎么说话
He didn’t talk so much.
大多时间只是坐在那儿看 偶尔才画画
Mostly just sat around watching, sometimes painting.
有一次 只有我们俩人
And, this one time it was just us,
我钓鱼 他画画
me fishing, him painting.
不过 当时的场面并没有现在听起来这么平和
Now it wasn’t as peaceful as it sounds.
他边画画边发出各种噪音
He made all sorts of noises while he painted
聒噪得像是蒸汽引擎
puffing like a steam engine.
突然 一切都安静了
And, then suddenly it was all silent,
那只脏兮兮的乌鸦飞近的时候
and he looked so happy that this dirty crow
他看上去那么的开心
was coming close.
一点也不在意它吃掉了他的午餐
He didn’t seem to care that it ran off with his lunch.
之后我暗自思忖 这个男人到底有多孤独
And, I thought to myself how lonely is this guy
连一只偷食的乌鸦也能点亮他的生活
that even a thieving crow brightens up his day?
那个晚夏 他和一群富家子弟混在一起
Later that summer, he would hang around these rich boys
他们会举办盛大的游船派对
who threw big boating parties.
他们总是带姑娘来 并不很规矩的那种姑娘
They always came with girls, unruly ones if you know
懂我的意思吗
what I mean?

Hey!
给点儿钱的话我们就愿意
Yeah we could do with a bit of money.
有钱赚吗
Well is it paid?
文森特在旁边很害羞
Vincent seems shy around them.
得了
Come on.
他一直不太有女人缘
He never did have much luck with women.
你是这么想
You think?
可他后来带那个叫加歇的姑娘来过
And, then he comes here with the Gachet girl.
我见过她 很漂亮 像瓷娃娃
I saw her pretty in a porcelain sort of way.
就是她 非常安静的姑娘
That’s her, a real quiet type.
加歇一家搬来之前
I’ve been working in this village
我就在这个村里工作了
since before the Gachets moved here,
却从来没跟她说过一句话
and I never got to speak a word with her.
然而她和文森特 他们聊天的感觉
Yet her and Vincent, they were chatting in that way,
你知道吗 像是跟彼此讲话
you know, like speaking to each other was
是世上最令人兴奋的事
the most exciting thing ever.
脚上的动作真绚丽
All I could see was just your foot.
天知道她看上他什么了
God knows what she saw in him.
他的年纪该大她一倍了 在她旁边
Must’ve been twice her age, and next to her,
他寒酸得像个流浪汉
he looked like a tramp.
你觉得他们两个之间发生了什么吗
What, you think there was something going on?
他们说是来画画的
They said they were here to paint,
但他们租了条船 情侣常做的事
but they took a boat, couples often do.
但是我可以告诉你
But, I will tell you this.
文森特 他当时看起来很好
Vincent, he looked like he was all right.
后来他带着另一个我认为他无法驾驭的姑娘来这
Then he comes here with a girl who I reckon
再后来我听到的消息
was out of his league, and the next thing I hear
就是他自杀了
he’s killed himself.
也许你该跟她聊聊
Maybe you should talk to her.
我觉得那个管家不会允许的
I’m not sure their housekeeper would let me.
那个人
That one.
每天下午都去教堂
Spends her afternoons at the church.
她就像是那家的看守人
She’s some kind of warden there.
反正是把我挡在门外了
She certainly wards me off.
给 渴了吧
Here you must be thirsty.
我请了
On the house.
你太好了
How nice you are?
你父亲不介意吗
Won’t your dad mind?
天高皇帝远
He’s not here to mind.
等一下 如果你允许我请你喝一杯
I’ll tell you what I’ll have this one
我就接受这杯酒
if you let me buy one for you.
我在想 文森特和玛格丽特是朋友吗
I was wondering were Vincent and Marguerite friends?
船夫说他们关系很好
The boatman said they were friendly.
那么她每天拿着花去墓地看他
Well that would explain why she takes
就说得通了
flowers to his grave everyday.
这也许也能解释他和医生那一次
Oh, and it might explain that big argument
怎么吵的那么厉害了
between him and the doctor.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!