♪ 有谁会突然制止你 ♪
♪ Someone to pull you up short ♪
♪ 让你历经苦难 ♪
♪ To put you through hell ♪
你得有个奔头 知道吗
You see what you look for, you know?
你不是个小孩了 罗比
You’re not a kid anymore, Robbie.
你也没办法再变回小孩了
I don’t think you’ll ever be a kid again, kiddo.
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
吹灭蜡烛 罗伯特 再许个愿
Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish.
有所渴望
Want something.
有所诉求
Want something.
♪ 谁来把我抱得太紧 ♪
♪ Somebody hold me too close ♪
♪ 谁来把我伤得太深 ♪
♪ Somebody hurt me too deep ♪
♪ 谁来端坐在我面前 ♪
♪ Somebody sit in my chair ♪
♪ 让我无法入眠 ♪
♪ And ruin my sleep ♪
♪ 让我感觉到自己还活着 ♪
♪ And make me aware of being alive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
♪ 谁会太过需要我 ♪
♪ Somebody need me too much ♪
♪ 谁会太过了解我 ♪
♪ Somebody know me too well ♪
♪ 谁会突然制止我 ♪
♪ Somebody pull me up short ♪
♪ 让我历经苦难 ♪
♪ And put me through hell ♪
♪ 给我活下去的动力 ♪
♪ And give me support for being alive ♪
♪ 让我重生 ♪
♪ Make me alive ♪
♪ 让我重生 ♪
♪ Make me alive ♪
♪ 让我疑惑 ♪
♪ Make me confused ♪
♪ 用赞美嘲笑我 ♪
♪ Mock me with praise ♪
♪ 尽情利用我 ♪
♪ Let me be used ♪
♪ 改变我的年岁 ♪
♪ Vary my days ♪
♪ 但孤独 ♪
♪ But alone ♪
♪ 就是孤独 ♪
♪ Is alone ♪
♪ 这不是活着 ♪
♪ Not alive ♪
♪ 谁会让我沐浴在爱里 ♪
♪ Somebody crowd me with love ♪
♪ 谁会逼迫我多去关心 ♪
♪ Somebody force me to care ♪
♪ 谁会让我安然无恙 ♪
♪ Somebody make me come through ♪
♪ 我会一直在那里 ♪
♪ I’ll always be there ♪
♪ 和你一样惶恐 ♪
♪ As frightened as you ♪
♪ 让我们活下来 ♪
♪ To help us survive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
♪ 我还活着 ♪
♪ Being alive ♪
有人吗
Hello?
有人在吗
Hello?
抱歉 门开着我就进来了
Hi. Sorry, the door was open.
好吧
Okay.
逮住你了
Gotcha!
查理
Charlie!
一路还顺利吗
Was your flight okay?
-嗯 -我是卡特
– Yeah. – Carter.
我是查理
Charlie.
妮可还没下班
Nicole’s still at work.
不抱一下吗
Can I get a hug?
怎么样
How’d it go?
挺好的 唐尼死了
Good, yeah. Donny’s dead now.
我们拍了那场他和榕树融为一体的戏
We shot the scene where he merges with the ficus.
-亨利上楼了 -她提名了艾美奖
– Henry’s upstairs. – She got an Emmy nomination.
-她确实是个好演员 -不 是提名的导演奖
– She’s a great actress. – No, for directing.
-恭喜 -谢谢
– Congratulations. – Thanks.
我现在可算是明白你一直痴迷的是什么了
Now I know what you were so obsessed with all the time.
-我们得做准备了 -好
– We should get ready. – Yeah.
-我们扮披头士乐队 -一起吧查理
– We’re the Beatles. – Come on, Charlie.
我没准备万圣节服装
I didn’t really get a costume together.
-你可以扮乔治·马丁啊 -我谁都不当
– You could be George Martin. – I don’t need to be anything.
披头士乐队的专辑制♥作♥人
被称为”第五披头士”
-至少装扮下嘛 -那就扮鬼 我给你拿床单
– You’ve got to be something. – A ghost. I’ll get you a sheet.
我有专辑封面图给大家做参考
I have the album cover if anyone needs to reference it.
我们动作得快点
And we should leave soon.
这话不是说给我一个人听的哦
I’m saying that as much for me as anyone else.
-我是约翰还是乔治来着 -五点开始讨糖
– Am I John or George? – Trick-or-treating starts at 5:00.
你是乔治 妮可是约翰
You’re George. Nicole is John.
我接了加大洛杉矶分校的驻留项目
I wanted to tell you I took a residency at UCLA.
我要在加州艺术剧院导两部常备剧目
I’m going to direct two plays in rep at REDCAT.
所以会在这里住一段时间
So, I’m going to be here for a while.
那很好啊
That’s great.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
没事
Yeah.
这是好事
It’s only good.
妮可
Nicole?
你能帮我拉下拉链吗
Can you help me with my zipper?
“查理极…”
“Charlie is… in… cr…”
什么的
…something.
“注意整洁
“…neat
我要靠他
and I re-ly on him
才能让一切井井有条
to keep things in or-der.
他很有节能意…”
He is energy con…”
我不认识这个字
I don’t know what this word is.
你都认识这么多字了
You’re getting so good at reading.
那是什么
What is that?
“他不经常照镜子
“He doesn’t look in the mirror too of-ten.
他看电影时很容易落泪
He cries eas-ily in movies…
他非常自…自”
He is very self-suf…”
自立
Self-sufficient.
“他会补袜子”
“He can dar-n a sock…”
缝补的意思 补洞
That means sew, like a hole.
“给自己做晚饭
“…and cook himself dinner
烫…”
and ir…”
分成两部分读
Break it into two parts.
“忒 盎”
“…Ur. On.”
不是”忒” 是”特”
Not “Ur” But “Ire.”
“特” “盎”
Ire. On.

Iron.
“衬衣
“…a shirt.
他很少会有挫败感
He rarely gets def-eated,
而我却
which I fell…
我却经常有
feel like I always do.
查理从容地接纳我所有情绪
Charlie takes all of my moods stead-ily.
他不会被我的这些情绪影响
He doesn’t give in to them
或让我因此难堪
or make me feel bad about them.
他很会穿搭 他从不会打扮…”
He’s a great dress-er and never looks em…”
-我不认识这个词 -不得体
– I don’t know this one. – Embarrassing.
“不得体
“…embarrassing,
男人很难做到这一点”
wh-ich is hard for a man.”
接下来你读
You read it now.
“他非常争强好胜
“He’s very competitive.
他很喜欢当爸爸
He loves being a dad.
他喜欢一切本应遭人讨厌的事情
He loves all the things you’re supposed to hate,
例如孩子耍性子
like the tantrums,
或半夜醒来
the waking up at night.
他如此热衷于这些事 几乎都让人生厌了
It’s almost annoying how much he likes it,
但是 大多数情况还是挺好的
but then, it’s mostly nice.
他总是沉浸在自己的世界里
He disappears into his own world.
他和亨利这点很像
He and Henry are alike that way.
有人牙齿上或脸上沾了食物
He can tell people they have food in their teeth
他都会以一种不会让人难堪的方式指出
or on their face in a way that doesn’t make them feel bad.
查理白手起家
Charlie is self made.
他的父母 我只见过一次
His parents, I only met them once,
但是他告诉我 他小时候父母经常酗酒…
but he told me there was a lot of alcohol…
他没给自己留退路
He moved to New York from Indiana
就从印第安纳州搬到了纽约
with no safety net,
现在他比任何纽约人都更像纽约人
and now he’s more New Yorker than any New Yorker.
无论跟谁在一起 他都很擅长营造家的氛围
He’s brilliant at creating family out of whoever is around.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!