There’s cussing in it.
上面还有咒语呢
There.
送给你的
A pocketknife!
一把小刀!
Relax, worry-boy.
别担心, 焦虑虫
It’s just fingernail clippers.
那不过是一把指甲刀
It does have a blade, though.
但是, 的确有刀刃
Thank you, Aunt Maggie.
谢谢你,玛吉姨妈
This one’s from me.
这是我送给你的
It was mine when I was a boy.
我小时候的玩具
Thank you, Daddy. It’s nice.
谢谢你, 爸爸. 真漂亮
Say thank you for your nice presents.
为你的生日礼物向大家道谢
Wait.
等等
There’s one more.
还有一件
I thought we agreed.
不是说好的么
You agreed.
是你说的
This is from Daddy and me.
这是你♥爸♥爸和我送的
I hope you like it.
希望你喜欢
You mean he’s mine?!
他是我的了?!
He’s all yours.
他全是你的
I hope you like it.
但愿你喜欢
I’m sorry.
我很抱歉
Jack, be sensible.
杰克, 讲点儿道理
Your mother made a mistake.
你妈妈搞错了
We can’t keep a dog. Not now What?
我们不能养狗. 现在不行
Maybe next year.
也许明年吧
But why?
可为什么?
I know you’re disappointed
我知道你会失望
but I want you to know that
但是我可以告诉你
I’m gonna find a real good home for him.
我会给他找个很好的家
I know you’re upset with us.
我知道你心里很难受
I’m so sorry about what happened.
我也觉得很遗憾
Did you ever get your birthday present taken away from you?
你的生日礼物被人拿走过么?
Your father just doesn’t think you’re quite ready for a dog yet.
你♥爸♥爸觉得你还不到养狗的年龄
I am ready to have a dog. I’m 9.
我已经可以养狗了. 我都9岁了
Lots of kids younger than me have dogs.
好多比我小的孩子都在养
Ralph Atkinson. He’s only 3.
拉尔夫 阿特金森. 他才3岁
He has two dogs, a cat and bird.
就有2只狗, 1只猫和鸟
He can stick his head in the dog’s mouth.
他能把头放到狗的嘴里
That’s impressive.
这可真少见
I can take care of a dog, Mom.
我能把狗养好, 妈妈
Really, I can.
真的, 我行
You just be a big boy about this, okay?
做个男子汉, 好么?
He’ll be fine.
他会好的
I don’t think so.
我看不会
You know
你瞧
if anybody around here deserves to be angry, it’s me.
要是有人该生气的话, 那也应该是我
You went behind my back.
你在我背后捣鬼
You didn’t give me any choice. I tried to reason with you, but you won’t want what I wanted
你让我别无选择. 我原来想说服你,可你根本不听
That was dishonest You want to talk about honesty?
你做事不诚实
Then you tell the truth.
那你说实话
Why don’t you want him to have a dog? I already told you.
为什么你那么不想让他养狗?
He’s a little boy, and a dog is a big responsibility.
他还是个孩子, 养狗要担负很大责任
He’s not a baby. He’s a responsible boy who needs a friend.
他不是婴儿. 他是一个需要朋友, 有责任心的男孩儿
And what happens when he becomes attached to that dog?
他要是对狗产生了依赖, 那该怎么办?
Learns to love it?
爱上了狗呢?
I thought that was the general idea.
我想这本身就是目的
Dogs die. They get sick.
狗会死. 会生病
They run away, get hit by cars. They’re a heartbreak waiting to happen.
他们会离家出走, 会被车撞着. 迟早有一天会让威利伤心的
He’s not ready for that.
他的条件还不成熟
He’s frail, he’s sensitive and he can’t handle it.
他现在还很脆弱, 敏感. 他应付不了
How do you know what he can handle?
你怎么知道他应付不了?
You don’t give him a chance.
你就没给过他机会
I know all about loss.
我体验过失去
Experienced more than my fair share.
经历过太多的不幸
It’s hard enough on an adult. A boy shouldn’t have to.
这对成人来说就够难了, 更何况孩子
So you’re gonna shelter him from life?
那你想把他与生活隔离?
For how long?
能隔离多久?
He keeps the dog.
先让他养
For two weeks.
两个星期
If there’s a problem, I’ll take it to the farm myself.
要是有问题, 我把狗送到农场
Jack
杰克
Will deserves this chance. He needs it.
应该给威利机会. 他很需要
Wait, I…
等等, 我…
I haven’t agreed to that I’m not asking.
我还没同意呢
Hey, boy!
嘿, 伙计!
What’s the matter?
你怎么了?
You miss your mommy and daddy?
想爸爸妈妈了?
Your brothers and sisters?
还是哥哥姐姐?
I’ll take care of you.
我会照顾你的
Don’t be scared.
不要害怕
I’ve got you.
我是你朋友
I’m an only child
我是个独生子
and now you’re an only dog.
你是只独生狗
I met him on the day I turned 9.
我9岁那天遇到了他
He was just a trembling ball of fur.
他就像个发抖的毛球
Scared and shy as I was.
和我一样胆小害羞
That night, lying in bed before sleep
那天晚上, 躺在床上睡觉前
I felt the beating of his heart against my body.
我的身体感觉到了他的心跳
And though I didn’t know it then, he was to change my life forever.
不过当时我并不知道, 他将永远改变我的生活
My dog, Skip.
我的小狗, 斯齐普
My best and most steadfast friend.
我的最好, 最亲密的朋友
Skip and I instantly became the best of friends.
斯齐普和我立即成了最好的朋友
He didn’t mind that I was scrawny and shy
他一点儿也不在乎我瘦小, 羞怯
or that I liked books a whole lot more than football.
或者我爱书胜过爱橄榄球
It was unconditional love on both our parts.
我们给对方的都是无条件的爱
You’ve grown almost 2 inches.
你长高了差不多2英寸
You could talk to him as well as you could talk to many human beings.
你可以和他说话, 就像和其他人说话一样
And much better than you could talk to some.
甚至比和有些人交谈更加愉快
He’d sit down, look you straight in the eye
他会坐下来, 眼睛直视着你
and when he understood you, he’d turn his head sideways.
当他听懂了你说的话时, 就把头扭向一边
I watched Skip grow from the puppy who came to me from a farm
我看着斯齐普由一只从密西西比农场抱来的小宠物
into a sleek and dexterous, affectionate dog.
变成了皮毛光亮, 行动敏捷的爱犬
Skip became a true member of the family.
斯齐普变成了我们家的一员
We played games together, did household chores.
我们一起做游戏, 一起干家务
That’s my boy.

Even my father had to admit
就连我父亲也承认
Skip was an exceptional dog.
斯齐普是只不同凡响的狗
What?
什么?
Look at that, Margaret! Take a look at that!
看那儿, 玛格丽特!
Honk the horn, Skip!
按喇叭, 斯齐普!
Yes, sir.
要什么, 先生
Or should I say, “yes, sirs”?
噢, 应该是, “先生们”?
Pound of sausage, please. I have our coupons.
请来一磅香肠, 我有配给票
Think your friend there might like a piece of bologna?
你这位朋友不想来一块儿么?
I never met a dog that didn’t appreciate a good piece of bologna.
我见过的狗没有不喜欢香喷喷的红肠的
Nobody has to know about that but us.
除了我俩, 别让其他人知道
Did you have those chops? Yes, ma’am. Coming right up.
你有排骨么?
Is this your dog?
是你的狗么?
Skipper.
斯齐普
Skip, for short.
小名,斯齐普
He’s sweet.
他真可爱
Rivers, let’s go.
里韦尔斯, 走吧
Yes, ma’am.
好的, 妈妈
See you at school.
学校见
Yeah. See you.
好的. 再见
Looks like he done did you a favor.
瞧, 他帮了你的大忙
Skip, I can’t see a thing.
斯齐普, 我什么也看不见
I’m sorry.
对不起
Skip, where are you, boy? Find a seat!
斯齐普, 你在哪儿?
Hey, cutie!
嘿, 小宝贝儿!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!