Do we have a name on the tipster?
我们对此没有建立档案 我们觉得那纯属无稽之谈
There was no file opened. We didn’t find the information credible.
现在觉得呢?
How about now?
《独♥立♥宣言》背后
There is not a treasure map on the back
没有藏宝图
of the Declaration of Independence.
也没有谁能有机会偷到这个
And there’s no chance anyone can steal this either.
我对你讲的 百分之百是实话
I levelled with you 100 per cent.
我告诉你的都是事实
Everything I told you was the truth.
把文件给我 布朗先生
I want that document, Mr Brown.
好吧 我不叫布朗 我叫盖茨
OK, my name’s not Brown. It’s Gates.
我对你讲的 百分之九十八是实话
I levelled with you 98 per cent.
等等 你刚才说的是”盖茨”吗?
Wait a minute, did you just say “Gates”?
“盖茨”?
Gates?
你是那个宣扬我们
You’re that family with the conspiracy theory
建国先辈阴谋理论的家族?
about the Founding Fathers?
-那不是阴谋理论 -本质上是
– It’s not a conspiracy theory. – Per se.
知道吗?我说错了 你不是骗子 而是疯子
You know what? I take it back. You’re not liars. You’re insane.
有一份《独♥立♥宣言》的复本正被展出?
There’s a copy of the Declaration on display now?
-是的 我们决定… -把它留那里
– Yes, we decided to… – Leave it there.
客人们知道有事情发生 但他们不知道发生了什么事情
The guests know something happened, but they don’t know what.
他在入口处被麻♥醉♥枪♥击中了
They got him with a Taser at the service entrance.
就什么都不记得了
He doesn’t remember a thing.
我们还发现了弹壳
Also, we found bullet casings.
其他的警卫怎么样?
Did we get a description from the other guards?
-哪些警卫? -被枪击中的警卫
– Which guards? – The guards that were fired upon.
没其他警卫在下面巡逻了
There weren’t any other guards on patrol down here.
那么…
So…
是谁开的枪呢 又是朝谁开枪呢
who was shooting, who were they shooting at,
他们为什么不同时行动呢?
and why weren’t they getting along?
你绝对不能在一辆行驶的汽车后座上
You can’t seriously intend to run chemical tests
对《独♥立♥宣言》进行化学测试
on the Declaration of Independence in the back of a moving van.
我们已经建立了一个绝对无尘的测试环境
We have a clean-room environment all set up
EDS设备 空气微粒过滤系统 整套设备
EDS suits, a particulate air filtration system, the whole shebang.
-真的? -我们不能回那里去了
– Really? – We can’t go back there.
什么?为什么不能?
What? Why not?
就是这家伙 赫伯特博士说
This is the guy. Dr Herbert said
切斯博士替他引见了布朗先生
Dr Chase introduced him as Mr Brown.
他不在客人名单上
Not on the guestlist.
礼品商店的职员说 他看上去…
Now, the gift-store clerk – she said he seemed…
呃 她用了”慌张”这个词来描述
Well, she said “flustered”.
看见他试图偷走《独♥立♥宣言》的
He tried to walk out with a copy of the Declaration of Independence
复♥制♥品
without paying.
他用VISA卡付的钱
He paid with a Visa.
“付款人是本杰明·盖茨”
“Charge to Benjamin Gates.”
你刷了信♥用♥卡♥?
A credit-card slip?
哥儿们 我们这回危险了
Dude, we’re on the grid.
他们会一直有你的记录的
They’ll have your records from forever.
也会有我的记录的
They’ll have my records from forever.
我知道 我知道 联邦调查局的人
I know. I know. It’s only a matter of minutes
出现在我家门前只是个时间问题
before the FBI shows up at my front door.
我们怎么办?
What do we do?
-我们需要那些信 -什么信?
– We need those letters. – What letters?
知道吗 开出公路 右转
You know, get off the road, take a right.
什么信?
What letters?
你有赛伦斯·杜古德的原信?
You have the original Silence Dogood letters?
也是偷的吗?(赛伦斯·杜古德是富兰克林虚构的人物)
Did you steal those, too?
我们有那些信的扫描件
We have scans of the originals.
-拜托别说话 -你怎么弄到扫描件的?
– Quiet, please. – How’d you get scans?
噢 我认识拥有原件的人 安静
Oh, I know the person who has the originals. Now shush.
-你为什么需要这个? -她怎么就是不能闭嘴呢?
– Why do you need them? – She really can’t shut her mouth, can she?
我告诉你 听着 我让你拿着这个
I’ll tell you what, look. I will let you hold onto this
你向我保证别再废话了 谢谢
if you’ll promise to shut up, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
-本 你知道你要怎么做 -我知道要做什么
– Ben, you know what you have to do. – I know what to do.
我只是再想还能做什么其他的
I’m just trying to think of anything else we could do.
呃 不是…提醒你
Well, not to be a… nudge,
过你明白有多少人在追查我们
but you do realise how many people we have after us.
他们现在说不定都调来卫星了
We probably have our own satellite by now.
你两秒钟就决定了
It took you all of two seconds to decide
要偷《独♥立♥宣言》
to steal the Declaration of Independence.
是啊 但是我从没想到
Yeah, but I didn’t think
我要亲口告诉我父亲
I was gonna personally have to tell my dad about it.
嘿 这可不行!不行!
Hey, not cool! Not cool!
放开我!
Let me go!
好 你走吧 走吧 嘘
OK. You’re let go. Go, shoo.
我才不走 除非你给我《独♥立♥宣言》
I’m not going. Not without the Declaration.
我不会让你拿走《独♥立♥宣言》的
You’re not going with the Declaration.
我要 我不会让它离开我的视线 所以我要走
Yes, I am. I’m not letting it out of my sight, so I’m going.
你不能拿着《独♥立♥宣言》和我们一起走
Wait. You’re not going with us with the Declaration.
-我就是要 -不行
– Yes, I am. – No, you’re not.
听着 你要是想把我扔这儿
Look, if you wanted to leave me behind,
你就不该告诉我你要去哪里
you shouldn’t have told me where you were going.
没人
Clear.
这是…
What the…
我们总算找到点什么了
Now we’re getting somewhere.
这是寄给《新英格兰报》主编的
They’re digital scans of letters
信件的数码扫描件
to the editor of The New England Courant.
写于1722年
Written 1722.
都是同一个人写的
They’re all from the same person.
“您忠实的仆人 赛伦斯·杜古德”
“Your humble servant, Silence Dogood.”
先生们…
Gentlemen…
为什么这些单词首字母大写?
why is this word capitalised?
因为重要?
Because it’s important?
因为这是人名
Because it’s a name.
好 我知道了 本杰明·富兰克林十五岁时
OK, I got it. When Ben Franklin was only 15 years old
他给他哥哥的报纸偷偷写了十四封信
he secretly wrote 14 letters to his brother’s newspaper
自称自己是一位中年寡妇
pretending to be a middle-aged widow named
赛伦斯·杜古德(赛伦斯·杜古德原意为沉默做好事)
Silence Dogood.
这些信是本杰明·富兰克林写的
These letters were written by Benjamin Franklin.
看起来好像没事
Looks OK.
过几个街区停车
Park a couple of blocks away.
呃 我们可以待多长时间?
Well, how long do you think we got?
少能有几个小时吧 希望如此
I’m gonna give them a couple of hours at least. I hope.
我们怎么处理她?我后面有些胶带
What do we do about her? I’ve got some duct tape in the back.
必要那么做 她不会惹麻烦的
No, that won’t be necessary. She won’t be any trouble.
-你向我保证你不会惹麻烦? -我保证
– Promise you won’t be any trouble. – I promise.
看到了吗?她也很好奇
See? She’s curious.
这是我发现的盖茨的资料
Here’s what I got on Gates.
在乔治城大学获得了美国历史学学位
A degree in American History from Georgetown,
麻省理工获得了机械工程学学位
a degree in Mechanical Engineering at MIT,
在海军潜水训练学校 获得海军后备役军官资格
Navy ROTC and Naval Diving and Salvage Training Centre.

这家伙长大到底想做什么?
What in the world did this guy want to be when he grew up?
我们继续重点追查盖茨
We keep our focus on Gates.
彻底调查
Run him to ground.
到他的家庭成员和朋友名单 近亲优先
Compile a family-and-friends list. Closest relative first.
我要求找出这个家伙到底是谁
I want to find out who this guy is.
(宾夕法尼亚州 费城)
爸爸
Dad.
从什么聚会回来的?
Where’s the party?
呃…我…
Well…
我惹了点麻烦
I’m in a little trouble.
-她怀孕了? -呃 是就好了
– Is she pregnant? – Well, if she is,
你会让一个怀着你孙子的女人
are you gonna leave the woman carrying your grandchild
站在冷风里吗?
standing out in the cold?
我像怀孕吗?
I look pregnant?
好不要又是为了那愚蠢的财宝
This better not be about that dumb treasure.
呃 坐吧 随便点
Well, have a seat. Make yourselves comfortable.
吃点匹萨饼吧 我想大概还是热的
There’s some pizza. It’s still warm, I think.
爸爸…
Dad…
我需要赛伦斯·杜古德的信 没错 是为了那宗财宝
I need the Silence Dogood letters. Yeah, it’s about the treasure.
他把你们两个也拉进这汪混水来了?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!