And he dragged you two into this nonsense?
-可以这么说 -我主动加入的
– Literally. – I volunteered.
呃 主动退出吧 趁你一生没有荒废前
Well, unvolunteer, before you waste your life.
别这样 爸爸
Knock it off, Dad.
当然 当然 我知道 我是家族的另类嘛
Sure, sure, I know, I’m the family kook.
我有工作 有房♥子 有健康保险
I have a job, a house, health insurance.
但是我至少还拥有过你的母亲
At least I had your mother,
尽管时间那么短 我至少还生了你
for however brief a time. At least I had you.
你有什么?他吗?
What do you have? Him?
我说 你只要把那些信给我 我们就走
Look, if you just give us the letters, we’re gone.
你让我太失望了 本
You disappoint me, Ben.
呃 可能这就是盖茨家族的传统
Well, maybe that’s the real Gates-family legacy.
儿子总是让父亲失望
Sons who disappoint their fathers.
滚出去 别来烦我
Get out. Take your troubles with you.
我找到夏洛特号♥了
I found the Charlotte.
夏洛特号♥?
The Charlotte?
-你是说那是艘船? -是啊 很漂亮的一艘船
– You mean she was a ship? – Yeah, she was beautiful.
非常漂亮 爸爸
It was amazing, Dad.
也找到那财宝了吗?
And the treasure?
不 没有 但是我们找到了另外一条线索
No, no. But we found another clue
指引我们到这里
that led us here.
是的 而那将你引向下一条线索
Yeah, and that’ll lead you to another clue.
然后你接下来找到的
And that’s all you’ll ever find,
就只是另一条线索 还不懂吗 本?
is another clue. Don’t you get it, Ben?
我最终搞明白了
I finally figured it out.
传说里 财宝被埋入地下
The legend says that the treasure
是为了防止英国人得到它
was buried to keep it from the British.
但事实上 这传说是伪造的
But what really happened was the legend was invented,
目的就是让英国人忙于搜寻地下的财宝
to keep the British occupied searching for buried treasure.
那财宝只是个传说
The treasure is a myth.
我不相信
I refuse to believe that.
呃 你爱相信什么就相信什么吧
Well, you can believe what you want.
你是个成年人了!我能怎么样?
You’re a grown person. What am I doing?
随你便吧 本 随你的便
Do what you want, Ben. Do what you want.
他可能是对的 他都不知道是否还会有线索
He’s probably right. You don’t even know if there is another clue.
呃 我有一种方法能知道那是否有线索
Well, I can think of a way where we could find out.
现在我就去寻找
And we can find out right now.
像是动物的皮
Looks like animal skin.
-有多久历史了? -至少200年
– How old is it? – At least 200 years.
-真的吗?你肯定? -织的真好
– Really? You sure? – Pretty darn.
如果这东西是用隐形药水写的 我们怎么才能看到?
Now if this thing’s in invisible ink, how do we look at it?
扔烤箱里
Throw it in the oven.
-不行 -呃…呃
– No. – Uh-uh.
硫酸亚铁墨水只有加热后才能显现出来
Ferrous sulphate inks can only be brought out with heat.
-是啊 不过这… -这太老了
– Yes, but this… – It’s very old.
历史极其悠久 而且我们不能冒险损伤地图
This is very old, and we can’t risk compromising the map.
你需要一种药剂
You need a reagent.
爸爸 很晚了 你干嘛不去休息呢?
Dad, it’s really late. Why don’t you get some rest?
我很好
I’m fine.
柠檬
Lemons.
-你不能那么做 -但是我们必须得这么做
– You can’t do that. – But it has to be done.
那就让受过训练 知道怎么保护
Then someone who is trained to handle antique documents
古代文件的人来做
is gonna do it.
好吧
OK.

OK.
如果这里确实包含有秘密的信息
Now, if there is a secret message,
很可能在右上角会有一个符号♥ 作为标记
it’ll probably be marked by a symbol in the upper right-hand corner.

That’s right.
我这么干要被解雇的
I am so getting fired for this.
我告诉过你了 它需要被加热
I told you. You need heat.
看见了吗?
See?
-我们得找更多的果汁 -还有更多的热量
– We need more juice. – We need more heat.
这不是地图
That’s not a map.
-是吗? -更多的线索 让人吃惊啊
– Is it? – More clues. What a surprise.
这是经纬度吗?
Are those latitudes and longitudes?
这就是我们需要赛伦斯·杜古德信的原因
That’s why we need the Silence Dogood letters.
-那就是密♥码♥? -是的 赛伦斯的(沉默的)密♥码♥未曾显形
– That’s the key? – Yeah. “The key in Silence undetected.”
爸爸 你可以现在给我那些信吗?
Dad, can we have the letters now?
请谁来给我解释一下这些奇妙的数字好吗?
Will somebody please explain to me what these magic numbers are?
-是奥顿多夫编码 -没错
– It’s an Ottendorf cipher. – That’s right.
噢 好
Oh, OK.
-什么是奥顿多夫编码? -一种编码方式而已
– What’s an Ottendorf cipher? – They’re just codes.
每三个数字对应密钥中的一个单词
Each of these three numbers corresponds to a word in a key.
密钥通常是本随机的书 或者报纸上的文章
Usually a random book or a newspaper article.
我们这次的密钥是赛伦斯·杜古德信件
In this case, the Silence Dogood letters.
所以就像是密钥文本的页码
So it’s like the page number of the key text,
该页中的某一行 该行中的第几个字母
the line on the page, and the letter in that line.
那 爸爸 那些信在哪?
So, Dad, where are the letters?
知道吗 你祖父发现这个…
You know, it’s just by sheer happenstance that his grandfather…
-爸爸 -…纯粹是机缘巧合
– Dad. …even found them.
在《新英格兰报》印刷厂里的一张
They were in an antique desk from the press room…
-爸爸 -…旧桌子里面找到的
– Dad. …of The New England Courant.
-是张报纸 -爸爸 信在哪儿?
– That’s a newspaper. – Dad, where are the letters?
不在我这里 孩子
I don’t have them, son.
-什么? -不在我这里
– What? – I don’t have them.
那在哪儿?
Where are they?
我捐给了费城的富兰克林纪念馆
I donated them to the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia.
该走了
Time to go.
我无法相信 这么长时间了
I still can’t believe it. All this time
还没人知道它就在背面
no one knew what was on the back.
-什么背面? -哇噢!
The back of what?
不要!
No!
-噢 上帝 噢 上帝 -我知道
– Oh, my God. Oh, my God. – I know.
噢 上帝 你们都干了些什么?这是…这是…
Oh, my God. What have you done? This is… this is the…
-我知道! -这可是《独♥立♥宣言》
– I know! – This is the Declaration of Independence.
没错 而且它非常容易损坏
Yes. And it’s very delicate.
你偷出来的?
You stole it?
爸爸 我可以解释 但是我没有时间
Dad, I can explain, but I don’t have time.
这是必须的 而且你也看到那密♥码♥了
It was necessary. And you saw the cipher.
但那只会把你引向另一条线索
And that will lead to another clue,
然后那又会把你引向再下一条线索
and that will lead to another clue!
根本没有什么财宝 我浪费了二十年时间
There is no treasure. I wasted 20 years of my life.
而你现在也毁掉了你的人生
And now you’ve destroyed yours.
你还把我拉进这汪混水
And you pulled me into all this.
呃 我们不能这样
Well, we can’t have that.
请进!
Come in!
我在这儿
I’m in here.
联邦调查局 对吧
FBI, right?
不帮我解开吗?
You gonna untie me?
你对他的去向一无所知?
And you have no idea where he’s going?
-呃 如果我知道的话 我会不和你说吗? -你会吗?
– Well, wouldn’t I have told you if I did? – Would you?
我绑在椅子上
He tied me to a chair.
车♥库♥已经空了 但有一辆卡迪拉克
The garage is empty, but there’s a Cadillac De Ville
注册材料显示车主是帕特里克·盖茨
registered to Patrick Gates.
他还偷了我的车
And he stole my car.
别担心 盖茨先生 我们会找到你的车的 还有你的儿子
Don’t worry, Mr Gates, we’ll find your car. And your son.
你♥爸♥爸一定很舒服
Your dad’s got a sweet ride.
我觉得我们应该换换衣服
I think we should change clothes.
这衣服有点太显眼了 你觉得呢
We look kind of conspicuous, don’t you think?
我倒是很想去购物 但是我们没钱
I’d love to go shopping, too, but we have no money.
这个 我从他房♥子里拿走了这个
Here, I took this from his house.
他通常会在书页里
He usually tucks a few hundred dollars
夹几百块钱
somewhere between those pages.
-《常识》 这名字真合适 -我们何时才能到?
– Common Sense. How appropriate. – When are we gonna get there?
我饿死了 这车味道真怪
I’m hungry. This car smells weird.
(纪念本杰明·富兰克林)
(你忠实的仆人 赛伦斯·杜古德)
抱歉
Excuse me.
抱歉 噢 抱歉 先生 抱歉
Excuse me. Oops, sorry, sir. Excuse me.
没关系
That’s OK.
S-S-A-N-D
S-S-A-N-D
好 呃

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!