别告诉我 让我猜猜 我们忘记了
Don’t tell me. Let me guess. – Actually, you know what? We-We kind of forgot.
因为我们赶着来
But is was only because we were trying to hurry
我们当然不想迟到 所以
’cause, of course, we wanted to be here on time, so–
蛋糕看起来好吃极了
God, that cake looks so good. So, we’re just us. – Oh.
我们就扮演我们自己 没关系
That’s okay. That’s okay, Ellie. That’s–
有了
Ooh! But l have an idea.
我楼上倒有感恩节的服装
l do have a Thanksgiving costume upstairs.
我可以缝上点什么 火鸡
That’s okay. – l could whip something up for you. lt’s a turkey!
不 真的没关系
No, really. lt’s okay. lt’s all right. – lt’s really–
我能效劳吗 好的 谢谢
Can l help you with anything? – Oh, yes, thanks.
你可以把那些菜端出去 好的
You could take those dishes, put them in the buffet. Umm– – Sure.
而艾丽 艾丽
And Ellie– Ellie?
你可以继续切面包
You can keep-keep, uh, slicing the bread
用这把刀吧 谢谢
with this knife, okay? – Thank you.
你那篇关于杰罗丁费拉洛的报导我看了
l read your piece on Geraldine Ferraro.
我的女儿真棒
My brilliant daughter.
我真为你感到骄傲
l was so proud of you.
没什么大不了 只是一小篇后续报导
lt’s no big deal. lt’s just a little follow-up piece.
前后移♥动♥ 来回地切
Back and forth. Saw on it.
爸爸看见了吗 一定的
Do you think that Dad read it? – Oh, l’m sure he did.
你知道你♥爸♥爸的 从不和我谈公事
You know your dad. But he doesn’t talk shop with me.
该死
Fuck.
不 没关系 连血都没流
Nope. lt’s okay. lt’s okay. lt’s not even bleeding.
没事 包起来吧
lt’s fine. lt’s really fine. – Wrap it up.
谢谢 马加纸可以止血
Okay. Thank you. – Brown paper. There’s something in it that stops the bleeding.
没事的 真的吗 谢谢
Did you know that? – Really? – Okay, thanks.
糟糕 对不起
Oh! Oh, dear. – Sorry.
不 我来捡 别扔掉
No, l’ll get it. – That’s all right. Don’t throw the pieces out
我要用来拼装马赛克桌面 别担心
because l’m going to use it in my mosaic table l’m making. – Don’t worry.
把手指举高 包紧了
We got it. – Keep your finger up and wrapped in the bag.
嗨 没有地方像家一样
Hello? There’s no place like home.
感谢老天 我们第一个到吗
Thank God. – Are we the first ones here?
艾伦 真高兴见到你
Ellen! Oh, it’s good to see you. – Oh, yeah.
你看起来累了 艾伦
You’re lookin’ tired. – Ellen.
你扮演的是谁啊 我是莉希·玻尔顿
Now, who are you supposed to be? Who? – Oh, l’m Lizzie Borden.
你知道的 莉希·玻尔顿
You know, Lizzie Borden: ”Took an axe
拿起了斧头 砍了她母亲40下
gave her mother 40 whacks.”
贝司太太 可以扶着门吗
Oh, Mrs. Best, can you hold the door? Oh, thanks.
救命 艾伦 我看到爸爸要过来了
Help! Ellen, l just saw Dad. He just turned the corner. – Oh! Hey!
朱尔 来帮忙
Jules! Jules! Come help. Come help.
好的
Okay.
白雪公主 解释一下吧
So, um, Snow White, explain. What was that? – Oh.
贝司太太 检察官夫人 也是我妈的教友
Mrs. Best, the D.A.’s wife, she’s in my mom’s cult.
分钟俱乐部成员
The Minnies, yeah.
以当地的一位贤士命名的
They’re named after some local do-gooder
曾将镇上广场中的圣诞树一一装饰
who used to decorate Christmas trees in the town square.
而她们形成了一个教派吗 女人组织
And, um, they’re a cult? – Woman’s group.
糕饼拍卖♥♥会 标签拍卖♥♥会
Right. Right. – You know, bake sales, tag sales, all of that.
你乖一点 做善事之类
Come on. You be nice. – Do-good stuff.
艾伦吗 我是海洛·辛普及
No. Hi. – You must be Ellen. l’m Harold Simpkey.
我在澜佛镇教音乐
l teach music over– – Harold, could you, um–
他来了 快点
He’s here! Hurry up! Hurry up!
他来了 快点
Hurry up! Here he is.
大家都蹲下
Everybody, get-get-get down!
罗夫 拿开你的
Shh! Ralph, move your– Shh!
安静
Quiet!
凯特
Kate?
凯特
Kate?
凯特 大惊喜
Kate? – Surprise!
生日快乐
Happy birthday!
看看你们大家
No. Look at all of you.
凯特
Kate.
你是怎么办到的 太棒了
How did you pull this off? Bravo!
爸爸 发表感言
Come on, Dad, speech.
发表感言
Speech! Speech!
我走得喘不过气 本想走上坡路的
l’m quite out of breath with walking home. lt’s only in going uphill
却发现是下坡路
that you realize you’re headed downhill.
谢谢大家光临
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you all for coming.
我真的非常感动
l’m really– l’m really very touched.
异常感动
l’m very touched.
所以 我想
So, l guess this is the
这是学期的最后一堂课了
last class of the semester.
感谢你们和我走过这一程 非常的有趣
Thank you for taking this journey with me. lt’s been a lot of fun.
希望大家有一个很棒的夏天
And have a great summer.
这就是了
There it is.
国家图书奖
The National Book Award.
他认识奥利弗·莫斯特
Oh, wow. He knows Oliver Most.
是的 他们是哈佛校友
Yeah, they went to Harvard together.
来看看这个 过来
Come see this. Come here.
这是他的小说《回来小馆》
lt’s his novel, Comeback lnn.
他写了好几年了
He’s been working on it for years.
麦顿花了十年才完成我最欣赏的诗
Took Milton ten to finish my favorite poem.
这些是他的随笔集
Oh, here’s his collected essays.
我读过第一章
l read this first chapter.
如何
Yeah? – Uh-huh.
然后呢
And?
棒极了
lt’s great. – Uh-huh.
他对你的文章有什么看法呢
So, uh, what-what’d he say about your article?
我不信
Oh, l don’t believe it.
你根本没问他吧
You didn’t ask him, did you?
艾丽
Ellie. Tsk.
他们就那样叫我 是吗
That’s what they called me. – Did they now?
具有那种令人怀疑的
You know, having the dubious distinction
被唤作大哥的角色特殊性
of having been called ”Big Al” when you were this diminutive
是对自信心的挑战
package is a challenge to confidence
但你显然已经度过了
but you have obviously survived it, have you not?
是的 对于想要达到的一切
Yes. – So here you have in front of you a living example
你眼前有个活生生的例子
of-of everything you’re trying to achieve.
我只能说用冰锤把它粉碎
l would just say get an ice breaker and break out of it.
我遇到许多困境
l’m havin’ a lot of trouble. – Listen
一名作家打电♥话♥给他的朋友
a writer calls his friend, he says, ”l’ve just finished writing a story.
他说我刚写完一个故事 写得遭透了
”lt’s not very good. ln fact, it’s terrible.
而最糟的是我已经尽力了
The worst part of it is it’s the best l can do.”
作家是约翰·斯坦培克 那本书是《愤怒的葡萄》
The writer is John Steinbeck. The book is Grapes of Wrath!

Hi! Hi. – Hey! Hi.
生日快乐 谢谢
Happy birthday. – Thank you.
我很害怕因为55岁的到来
l’m afraid with 55 staring at me in the face
我会把词句结构变得臃肿
l’m developing inflammation of the sentence structure
对文章段节无动于衷 可是
and a definite hardening of the paragraphs, but–
你怎么样 不 你怎么样
How are you? – Oh, no. How are you?
其实这些小事你都知道的吧
You knew all about this little thing, didn’t you?
不 我不知道
Huh? – No, actually, l didn’t.
你有机会看我最新的作品吗
Well, did you get a chance to look at my latest piece?
有 当然
Yes. Yes, of course.
分钟俱乐部的文学知识似乎来自迪士尼
The Minnies seem to get their literature from Disney.
我知道
l know.
天啊 无处不在
Hey! – Oh, my God, they’re everywhere.
敌方力量占上风 危险
Enemy forces at 2:00. Danger, Will Robertson. Danger.
伟尔·罗伯森 是罗宾森
lt’s Robinson. Robinson. – Oh, Robinson.
安全
Safe.
现在安全而已
Safe for the moment.
好多了 看着吧
That was better. That was better. Now l’ll show you–
关于你的文章
About your article–
我不想插手 你知道
Hmm. – l don’t want to interfere, you know.
你表现得很好 别这样
You are doing just fine. – Oh, no. Come on.
你的批评对我帮助很大
Come on. You know your criticism, it helps me so much.
我真的很感激
l really appreciate it.
好吧
All right.
作家对作家
Writer to writer.
少就是多
Less is more. – Hmm.