What?
每当你们说大家处理事情的方式不同时
Whenever you guys say that people deal with stuff in their own way
就表示你根本就不去处理
it means that you don’t deal with it at all.
我们处理 我们烧饭
We deal with it. We make the meals
我们整理 我们在听你们说
and we clean up the messes and we listen while you guys
你们要用自己的方式处理
talk about how you’re gonna deal with stuff in your own way.
是什么方式呢 乔丹 什么方式
Well, what way is that, Jordan? Hmm? What way is that?
什么方式
What way?
看吧 没有方式
See? No way.
你在看什么啊
And what the fuck are you looking at? – Hey, hey.
你干什么
Huh? – What are you doing? What are you doing?
不 对不起 是我无礼
No, no, no. Oh, l’m sorry. l’m being rude. – What’s the matter with you?
你知道我觉得什么叫无礼吗
Well, you know what l think is rude?
我认为很无理 停下
l think it’s rude – Hey, stop it. l’m trying to talk.
当坐在那儿的小校花 停下
when Little Miss Delta-Delta-Delta over here – Stop it. Stop it!
想要钓我的男朋友 停下
is trying to pick up on my boyfriend -Stop it. Stop it.
就在我面前 放开她
in front of my face. – Why don’t you just lay off of her?
你姐姐醉了 当我不存在吗
Your sister’s losing her mind. – Do you think l look invisible?
我没醉
l am not losing my mind!
我没醉 我只是累了 乔丹
l am not losing my mind! l am just tired, Jordan.
我累了 艾伦 我们走吧
l am tired. l am tired. – Ellen, let’s go.
做我母亲是很累人的
Being my mother is very tiring.
没人比你更不像自己的母亲
Oh, come on. There’s nobody more different than your mother than you.
走吧 那是你说过最蠢的话
Come on. Let’s go. – That is the stupidest thing that you have ever said.
好吧 那是你说过最蠢的话
Okay. Great. – That’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever said.
天啊
Oh, God.
艾丽 什么事
Ellie. – Yeah.
你还好吧 我只是头疼罢了
You all right? – Yeah, l just have a headache.
乔丹怎么了 我听到布莱恩上楼的
What happened to Jordan? l heard Brian go upstairs– – Yeah, yeah.
他明天要上班 所以坐火车回去了
He has to go to work tomorrow, so he just took the train back.
你确定没事吗
Hmm. You sure you’re all right?
你怎样办到的
How do you do this
每天都在这屋子里
every day, all day in this house
却无人知晓
and no one notices?
那不会令你疯狂吗
Doesn’t that drive you crazy?
这是我的家啊 艾丽
But this is my family, Ellie.
这些是我所爱的人呀
These are the people l love.
也许该是你回纽约的时候了
Maybe it’s time for you to start thinking about going back to New York.
也许你该回到都市
Maybe you should go back to the city
回到你的工作 写作和你喜欢的事情中去
to your work and your writing and all those things that you like to do.
那才是最重要的 亲爱的
That’s what’s important, sweetie.
你知道 我们还可以请人来帮忙
You know, we can get somebody to help out around here. That’s not–
但是你今晚做得太好了 你应该感到骄傲
But you did a great job tonight. You should be proud of yourself.
晚安 甜心
Night-night, sweetheart.
晚安
Good night.
你好
Hello.
特律迪先生 你好
Mr. Tweedy, hi.
记者会 在哪里
A press conference? Where?
下一班火车得等到5点 该死
The next train is not till 5:00. Shit.
别派凯希 我会赶到
Then Casey– – No, don’t send Casey. l’ll be there.
请原谅
Excuse me. – Yeah.
请原谅 不 我很抱歉
Excuse me. No. l’m sorry. Excuse me.
请原谅 抱歉
Excuse me. l’m sorry.
太迟了 你说会有故事的
Too late is unacceptable. You said you’d get the story.
我会有的 我会找到他
And l will. l’ll find him.
我的线报说他的飞机是9点
Look, l’ve got a contact at Sullivan’s office. He’s getting on a plane at 9:00.
不 我已经写了3个月了
No, no, no. l’ve worked on this thing for three months.
他住在雅典广场酒店 我可以去查查
He’s staying at the Plaza Athene. l can check it out. – Anyone can figure that out.
不必 我会在他离开前办到
No, l will meet him there. l’ll meet him at the Plaza Athene before he leaves.
这是我的故事 该死
This is my story, goddamn it!
这是我的故事
This is my story.
先生 晚安
Good night, sir.
计程车
Taxi!
我们认识吧
Hey, don’t l know you?
我不认为 是的 我们一起在哈佛读书
l don’t think so. – Yes, we went to Harvard together.
艾伦·歌♥尔顿 你大我一届
Ellen Gulden. You were a couple of years ahead of me.
我曾帮女性杂♥志♥《愤怒的夏娃》写稿
l wrote for the women’s magazine, Peeved Eves.
我记得《愤怒的夏娃》
l remember Peeved Eves.
很高兴见到你 我也是
Well, it’s nice to see you. – Yeah, yeah. Nice to see you too.
得赶到甘西迪机场搭最后一班短程客机
Got to get to J.F.K in time for the last commuter shuttle.
今天是我女儿的生日
lt’s my daughter’s birthday today.
如果你要去甘西迪机场 我可以载你去
lf you’re going to J.F.K, l can give you a lift.
他们为了躲避新闻而搬去了西雅图
l moved to Seattle a couple of months ago to get away from all the cameras
我的前妻与孩子
my ex-wife and my ex-kids.
我好像有在电视上看过
Yeah, you know, l think l saw something about that on television.
太惨了 你知道奇怪的是什么吗
How horrible. – You know what’s strange?
你在学校 然后有一天你抬头一看
One minute you’re in school and the next minute you look up – Mm-hmm.
你的生活竟一团糟
and your life’s all turned around and screwed up.
是的 我了解 你不断尝试着勇往直前
Yes, l know. Yeah. – You try and you try to get ahead.
却在某处
Somewhere in it all you just–
迷失了自己
You lose yourself.
你都不知道何时会发生
And you never know when it’s gonna come. – Mm-hmm.
从何处而来 砰然一声
Comes out of nowhere. Bang. lt’s just–
你的生命以然成了灾难 没错
Your life is a disaster. – Yep.
我希望可以尽量补偿我的前妻与孩子
Oh, l just hope l can make it up to my wife and kids.
那才是最重要的
You know, that’s all that counts. That’s all that counts.
完全正确
Yeah, you’re right.
他们是你所爱的人 这最重要
They’re the ones who love you. That’s what counts.
我正在看书 妈妈 还有小牛应该叫犊吧
l’m reading, Mom. And baby cows are calves.
你说的对
You’re right.
我是特律迪 请留言
G.A. Tweedy here. Leave a message after the noise.
特律迪先生 我是艾伦
Mr. Tweedy, it’s Ellen.
我等了又等
Listen, l waited for Sullivan
在苏利文的酒店外
outside of his hotel, and, uh–
他却没现身
Well, he never showed.
真糟
Damn.Here we go.
我今天找你出来有许多原因 其中之一
They’re several reasons why l asked you here today, one of which–
嗨 约翰 乔治
Hi, John. Peter. – George.
是要问你
One of which is to ask you
你为何对我充满敌意
why you were so hostile with me
在感恩节那天
at Thanksgiving.
我知道现在大家都不好过
l know this is not the best situation for any of us.
但我在尽量表现的耐心些
But l’m trying, Ellen. l’m trying to be patient.
我有些问题想和你谈
l have some questions that l’d like to discuss with you.
我不想谈访问的事 我想
l don’t think l want to talk about the interview. – l do.
好的 艾伦
Okay, Ellen.
为什么妈妈等了那么久
How come Mom waited so long?
为什么她没有早点去看病
Why didn’t she go to the doctor sooner?
你在说什么 因为你不愿你的世界被打扰吗
What are you talking about? – Was it because you didn’t want your world disrupted?
因为你需要她让你无后顾之忧
Because you needed her to keep your life running smoothly?
就像需要我
Like you need me now?
你在干什么 因为她没法一手包办
What the hell are you doing? – Because she can’t do it all?
你知道让你无后顾之忧的代价是多少吗
Well, do you have any idea what it takes to keep your life
艾伦 你疯了吗
running so smoothly? – Ellen, have you lost your mind?
也许 小声点
Maybe. – Keep your voice down.
这样太没礼貌了 这样才对
This is inappropriate. – lt is appropriate!
家中的一切都已经变了 但你却毫不知情
Everything at our house has changed, but you don’t know about it.
因为你仍然过着像从前一样的日子
Because you’re behaving as though life goes on as usual.
我们所熟悉的人生已经结束 这才是真正的生活
Well, life as we know it is done! This is real life!
去死吧文学
Fuck fiction!
少不是多
Less is not more!
你为了伟大的美国小说而休假
You have taken sabbaticals for the great American novel.
为何不能为了妈妈
Why not one for Mom?
为何你吝于参与你生命中
Why won’t you participate in the most important thing
最重要的一件事呢
that has happened in your life?
她需要你
She needs you.
对你来说为何一位作家的话
Why is it always more important for you to hear
永远要比我说的重要
what some writer has to say than me?
比布莱恩的重要
And Brian?

Hey.
你除了该死的苹果外