我会派护士来监护她的病况
l want to send a nurse to monitor her vital signs.
今天下午吧
ln fact, this afternoon.
我们不需要护士 我可以应付
No, we don’t need a nurse. l can handle this.
我坚持 你的母亲太痛苦了
l insist. Your mother’s in a great deal of pain.
她需要一位可以倾诉的对象
She needs someone she can be open with about it.
她可以告诉我
Well, she can be open with me.
她可以吗
Can she?
还在跳舞吗 没错
Still beating? – Loud and clear.
歌♥尔顿太太 我能帮你什么吗
Now, what can l do to help you, Mrs. Gulden?
告诉我你的症状 痛是经常性的吗
Tell me about your pain. ls it constant?
差不多是
Mm-hmm. Pretty much, yes.
但这药似乎在慢慢管用 好的
But, um, this medication’s really helping me now.
你洗澡和穿衣时吃力吗
Okay. Are you having trouble bathing and dressing?
有时候会有点困难
Well, sometimes l have a little trouble
进出浴缸时
getting in and out of the tub.
你没对我说
You didn’t tell me that.
为什么不对我说
Why didn’t you tell me that?
艾丽 你已经够烦的了
Oh, Ellie. There’s so many things for you to worry about.
好吧 上楼吧
Well, let’s go upstairs.
我会告诉你一些容易进出浴缸的方法
l can show you some easy ways to get in and out of the tub.
好的
Okay.
你还有其他的困扰吗
Are you having problems with anything else?
没有 其他都好
Uh-uh. No. Everything’s, uh–
有时弯腰不太行
Sometimes bending down.
挺难的 穿长裤也很辛苦
You know, it’s hard. Hard to get my trousers on sometimes.
我的床很高 所以上下床倒还顺利
But my bed is nice and high, so l have no trouble getting in and out of there.
凯特 我要给你一个惊喜
All right. Kate, l have a surprise. – Hi.
你必须闭上眼睛
You have to close your eyes.
一直闭着 别偷看啊
Oh. – And keep them closed. Please, no cheating.
艾伦 你也一样
Ellen, you too. – What are you doing?
你在做什么呀 不 还不能睁开眼
What have you– -No, no. Don’t open your eyes just yet.
好了吗 睁开眼吧
Ready? Open. – lt’s so–
这真是
Oh, it’s so–
如果你无法去廊之光 廊之光只好来了
lf you can’t go to the Porchlight, the Porchlight comes to you.

lt’s
太美了
fabulous.
天啊
Oh, my.
我不敢相信
l don’t believe it.
这里
Here.
太美了
lt’s so beautiful.
晚餐后 我还租了你最喜欢的电影
And after dinner, l’ve rented your favorite movie.
你醒着吗
You awake?
回床上去 我睡不着
Go back to bed. – l can’t go to sleep.
回床上去
Go back to bed.
盒子里是什么
Whatcha got in the box?
没什么 回床上去
Nothing. Go back to bed.
我想她不需要吃药了
l guess she doesn’t need her pill.
是啊 她现在看起来好多了
No. She’s looking a lot better now.
她会没事的
She’s gonna be just fine.
爸爸
Dad? – Yeah.
我在想也许
l was just thinking that maybe
你可以少教几堂课 帮一点忙
you could cut back on your classes, help out a little.
艾丽 我很想
Ellie, l’d like to
但现在是学期最忙的时候
but this is the busiest time of the semester for me.
我有期中考 意味着夜间补习班
l’ve got midterms, which means l’ve got evening tutorials.
你没看到她今天早上的样子吗 每况愈下
Didn’t you see her this morning? She’s getting worse.
不 她没有 你别再那么说了
No, she’s not. Don’t you ever say that again.
但是 爸爸 艾伦
But, Dad– – Ellen.
我有作文得改
Look, l have essays to grade.
我也有稿子得交
And l’ve got a deadline.
若是我无法完成这篇稿子
Dad, if l don’t finish this article
我将永远失去我的工作
l’m never going to get my job back.
你难道不知道吗 期中考
Don’t you realize that? – Ellen, enough. Midterms.
我了解为什么人们认为我无动于衷
l can see why people would think that l didn’t care.
但我真的不知道该怎么办
But l just didn’t know what to do.
我母亲的病情会恶化几天再好转
My mom would have a couple of bad days, and then she’d be fine.
她仍然在做她平日做的事
And, uh, she was still doing the things she’d always done. So–
我只是想要知道
l was just wondering if you could tell me
他何时会出戒毒所
when he’s gonna be released from rehab.
我只是想当一位朋友 这是他现在需要的
l’m just trying to be a friend, which l’m sure that he needs right now.
你朋友出事了吗
ls a friend of yours in trouble?
抱歉 请等一等
l’m-l’m sorry. Can you hold on just a second?
是工作的事
lt’s a work thing.
我以为你提到朋友
Oh, l thought you said a friend.
我之所以问起是因为我相信他
Anyhow, the reason why l’m asking is because l’m sure that he’s gonna–
你是否快准备好了呢 对不起
Are you– Are you gonna get ready soon, because– – l’m sorry.
我正在忙
Um, l’m kind of in the middle of something.
而且挺重要的
lt’s kind of important.
我必须知道因为
Okay. So anyhow, l need to know because l think–
你不必参加的 你真的不用
You don’t have to come if you don’t want to, you know.
抱歉 请再等等
You really don’t have to come. lt’s fine. – l’m sorry. Just a second.
这根本就是个小鬼的行为
You do know that this is exactly what the Moonies do?
他们拿走你的鞋子 你的衣服和身份
They take your shoes, your clothing, your identity.
你确定俱乐部不是梦游的一种吗
You sure the Minnies aren’t just an offshoot of the Moonies?
至少你穿着你最喜欢的颜色啊
Well, at least you’re wearing your favorite color.
下一位 小鬼
Next goblin, please.
快点
Come on.
看 又是两位麦当娜
Look! Two more Madonnas.
凯特 是克尔瑞丝
Hey, Kate. – There’s Clarice.
回去工作 快回去
Go back to work. Go back.
露意丝 给我一个派 我得抢第一
Louise, give me a pie. l got to go first. – Oh, no.
你站那里去 站那里去
You stand over there. Stand over there. Stand over–
凯特 别逗我笑
Shh. Kate, don’t make me laugh.
回家 是的 亲爱的
Home? Good. – Yes, darling.
撑着点 我看看 也许我
Hang in there. – Let me see. No. Maybe l’ll–
我的天啊 艾芙琳
Oh, my God! Evelyn.
我真的该回去了 好的
You know, l really should get home. – Okay.
我们就离开
We’ll go pretty soon.
我只想再坐一圈
l just want to go around one more time.
好吧 再一次
Okay. One more time.
一次 就一次了
But only once. – One more.
好吧 再一次
Okay. One more time.

Okay.
看这些小落叶
Whew. – Whew, look at the little leaves.
好像赶着往哪儿去似的
Like they’re in a big hurry to get somewhere.
分钟会员都使出看家本领
Those Minnies go all out.
是的 她们全力以赴
Yep, they do. – They go all out.
很有创造力的女人们
Very creative women, huh?
是的 多才是多
Yes. What? – More is more.
你知道的 你父亲总说少就是多
You know, your dad always says less is more. – Mm-hmm.
对我来说多才是多
To me, more is more.
我好喜欢在澜佛镇上漫步
Oh, l love walking in Langhorne.
看看艾芙琳·贝斯的作为
My gosh, look at what Evelyn Best has done here.
美丽的夜晚
lt’s a beautiful night.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
妈 你听得到吗
Mom? – Uh-huh. You hear that?
什么 这个
What? Hear what? – That.
什么
What?
大概只是烧壁炉的声音吧
Why, l guess it’s the rumble of the furnaces or something.
你知道吗 澜佛镇好像会唱歌♥似的
You know, Langhorne kind of, l don’t know, hums.
就连在夏季你都能听见
lt’s– Even in the summertime you can hear–
也许是冷气声
Maybe it’s the air conditioners
蚱蜢声或者蜜蜂声
crickets, or the bees.
不 我觉得不只是这样 你听得到吗
No, l think it’s something more. You hear it?

No.
你能感觉到的
You can feel it.
天啊 要糖的孩子们
Trick-or-treaters. Oh, my gosh.
他们会比我们先到家 去把你♥爸♥爸带回来吧
They’re gonna beat us home. You go get your dad up at the college.
叫他快点 你确定吗
Tell him to hurry up. – Are you sure?
我知道他不愿意错过好玩的事
Yeah, l know he’s doesn’t want to miss this fun.