But doesn’t it frighten you sometimes…
消失的记忆
that the years are passing…
有一天你也许会找到那个给你欢乐的人
that you may sometime find that you’ve lost your capacity for happiness?
也许那个人就在你身边
You may have come so near her.
也许你总是和她擦肩而过
You may even have brushed by her in the street.
对 我也这样想过
Yes, I’ve thought of that.
也许你已经遇见了她 查尔斯
You might even have met her, Charles.
遇见了 但不知道是她
Met her and not known her.
她可能是你的一个熟人
It might be someone you know.
有可能就是我 查尔斯
Charles, it might even be me.
玛格丽特
Oh, Margaret.
我知道我说的太多了
I know I’m talking wildly.
– 已经3点了 我很困了 – 我也是
– It’s after 3:00, and I’m tired. – Yes.
有时候我真想出去旅行 我觉得我需要休息一阵子
I’ve sometimes thought I’d like to travel. I feel I need a change and a rest.
– 旅行? – 是的 我还从没出过英格兰呢
– To travel? – Yes. I’ve never been out of England.
我想去布宜诺斯艾利斯或者里约热内卢
I’d like to go to Buenos Aires or Rio
或者别的美丽的地方散散心
or somewhere colorful and distracting.
但是议会现在还没休会…
Perhaps when the House adjourns…
我想一个人去 带上一个佣人 或者朋友
I don’t want to drag you away. I’ll take a maid. Or a friend, perhaps.
玛格丽特 我想你是想避开我
Margaret, I believe you want to get away from me.
不是
No.
我只是想放松一下
It’s just that it’s been a strain.
你知道 做查尔斯.雷纳的夫人…
I’m just a little nobody, you know. It’s been harder than I thought…
是很辛苦的事
being the wife of Charles Rainier.
如果你想去的话 好吧
If you wish, of course.
我想你最近累坏了
You are a little overtired, I think.
– 我们早上再谈这个好吗? – 好的
– Shall we talk about it in the morning? – In the morning, yes.
– 晚安 玛格丽特 – 晚安 查尔斯
– Good night, Margaret. – Good night, Charles.
史密斯
Smithy.
我的车厢到了
I think this is my compartment.
对 就是这里
Yes, it is.
我希望哈里森已经把所有东西都准备好了
I hope Harrison has made everything smooth for you.
是的 他帮了很多忙
Thanks. Yes, he’s been very helpful.
他可能还在办我的信用证
He should be here any moment with my letter of credit.
你只在国内呆两天吗?
Will you have only two days in the country?
是的 船星期三开
Yes. My boat sails on Wednesday.
– 你在这里上船吗? – 不 在德文
– It’s on your way, this place. – No. It’s in Devon.
一个安静的小村庄
It’s a quiet little country village…
有旧式的旅店 我想再去看看
with a delightful old inn. I wanted to see it again.
我以前在那里住过
I was once very happy there.
还好我没迟到 先生
I’m glad I’m not late. Hello, sir.
我已经给你安排好了行程 你可以在船上看
I made you out an itinerary. I thought you’d like to study it on the ship.
非常感谢你
How kind of you.
– 这是你的信用证 – 谢谢
– Here’s your letter of credit. – Thank you.
还有些杂♥志♥ 我放在车厢里了
And some magazines. I’ll put these in the compartment.
全部东西都放好了
I think you’ll find everything in order.
– 祝你旅途愉快 – 谢谢
– I hope you have a wonderful trip. – Thank you.
希望你早点回来
Don’t stay away too long.
是你安排的行程 你知道我什么时候回来
If I do, blame your excellent arrangements.
– 再见 – 再见
– Goodbye. – Goodbye.
我等你 先生 切特先生有事找你
I’ll wait for you, sir. I have a message from Mr. Chetwynd.
好了 查尔斯 再见
Well, goodbye, Charles.
玛格丽特 我希望你别走
Margaret, I wish you weren’t going.
我不是很乐意让你走
I don’t feel quite happy about it.
– 你会给我写信吗? – 会的
– You’ll let me hear from you? – Of course.
再见
Goodbye.
– 你回家吗? – 不 去办公室 有点事
– You’re going to the house? – No, to the office. There’s some trouble.
没有你说话我很不习惯 玛格丽特
Seems strange not to talk it over with you, Margaret.
这次罢♥工♥ 情况很严重 先生
This strike, sir, it’s pretty serious.
罢♥工♥?
Strike?
在梅桥电缆厂 情况已经失控了
At the Melbridge Cable Works. The men are out of hand.
梅桥 嗯
Melbridge. Yes, of course.
现在 我们已经达成了协议
It’s all right, men. We’ve got our terms.
罢♥工♥停止 我们胜利啦!
The strike is settled, and we’ve won!
我们要感谢一个人
Thanks to one man:
查尔斯.雷纳先生
Sir Charles Rainier!
我第一次来这种地方
First back streets we came through.
我们进去喝点什么吧
Here. Let’s pop in here for a whiskey and soda.
我们非常感激你 先生
Thank you kindly, sir. We appreciate it.
– 你们要点什么? – 两杯威士忌加苏打
– What will you have, gents? – Two double McWhirters and soda, please.
好的 先生
Two double Macs. Right-o, sir. Here we are, sir.
他是你们老板吗?
Is that the proprietor?
是的 他叫毕夫 过去他是长这样的
Yes, sir. That’s the Biffer. Was, I should say.
但现在不一样了 那个就是他
He ain’t much like that now. That’s him at the end.
那家伙可真是个壮汉
He was a gentleman, the gunner was.
不像现在这些所谓的重量级拳手
Not like these softies what call theirselves heavyweights today.
知道吗?他能轻易击倒两个现在的重量级拳手
Why, he’d take two of them for breakfast!
他从来不披那种花哨的长袍…
He didn’t wear no fancy dressing gown…
好了 我们不能误了火车 该走了
Well, we mustn’t lose our train. We better go.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
– 雾越来越大了 – 是啊
– The fog’s getting thicker. – Yes. Beastly.
– 有烟吗? – 对不起 我不抽烟的
– Cigarette? – Sorry. I don’t smoke.
不抽的
Of course not.
没关系 那个角落里有个小烟店
Never mind. There’s a little tobacconist just around the corner.
需要什么?
Well?
– 一包巴克利蓝带烟 – 好的 先生
– Packet of Barclay Blue Ribbons, please. – Yes, sir.
– 谢谢 先生 – 谢谢
– Thank you, sir. – Thank you.
– 晚安 先生 – 晚安
– Good night, sir. – Good night.
我记的你说过你从没来过梅桥
I thought you said you’d never been in Melbridge.
没来过
I haven’t.
但你刚才说“那个角落里有个小烟店”
But you said, “There’s a little tobacconist just around the corner.”
你说“那个角落里有个小烟店”
You said, “There’s a little tobacconist just around the corner.”
我说过吗?
I said that?
这家店不在主干道旁边
That shop was off the main street.
你在来的路上不可能看见有这家店
You couldn’t have seen it on your way from the station.
看不见
No.
那你怎么知道这里有家店的?
Then how did you know of it?
– 我也不知道 – 你直接就找到这家店了
– I don’t know. – You went straight to it.
我是知道有这家店 但我怎么知道的呢?
I did know, but I don’t know how.
– 梅桥? – 怎么了?
– Melbridge. – What’s the matter?
梅桥?
Melbridge.
你不舒服吗?我们坐车回去吧
Are you ill, sir? Let me get a cab.
不 让我想想 我想起一些东西了
No, let me think. There’s something.
那家烟店…
That shop…
那个女人
That woman.
有计程车 我去叫过来
There’s a taxi. I’ll get it.
车来了 先生
Here you are, sir.
医院在哪里?
Where is the hospital?
你是说新医院还是老医院?先生
You mean the old one or the new one, sir?
老医院
The old one, I think.
是在山上
It’s on a hill.
有一扇大门…
Big gates…
周围都是围墙
a high wall all around it.
你说的好像不是医院
That don’t sound much like either of them.
你是说疯人院吗?先生
You wouldn’t be meaning the asylum, would you, sir?
看这里 先生
Look here, sir.
你说你是从这扇门出来的?
You say you came out of these gates?
是的 我肯定
Yes. I’m sure of that.
当时这里很吵
There was some excitement and a great deal of noise.
那我们从这里开始
Then let’s start from here.
想想你出来后去了哪儿?
Try and retrace your steps.
这里
Now.
你肯定是去了下面的城里
You must have gone into town.
是的 我去过那家烟店
Yes, I’d been to that shop.
我们顺着这条路走下去 看你能不能想起点什么来
Perhaps as we go, you can piece the thing together.
对 这是个好办法
Yes, that’s right. That’s a good idea.
我沿着这条路…
I came along this path.
– 你还记得这条路吗? – 是的
– You remember that? – Yes, I think so.
当时雾很大
There was a good deal of fog…
人们叫着 喊着
and people shouting, and the sound of…
我好像在逃避什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!