– Can I have your name, please, sir? – Rainier, Charles Rainier.
– 你的职业? – 威瑟斯军团上尉
– Rainier. Profession, sir? – Captain of the Wessex Regiment.
家庭住址?
Address, please.
阿♥拉♥斯的战壕里
The trenches, Arras.
什么?
I beg your pardon, sir?
– 萨里 北兰登道 兰登大厦 – 谢谢你 先生
– Random Hall, North Random, Surrey. – Thank you, sir.
你要起诉他吗?先生
You don’t wish to lodge a complaint, sir?
不用了 责任都在我
Thank you, no. I’m sure whatever happened was my fault.
谢谢你 雷纳先生
All right. Thanks, Mr. Rainier.
谢谢 警官
Thanks, guvnor.
你能走路吗?
Sure you feel strong enough to walk?
有点晕 我试试吧
A little dizzy still, but I’ll manage it.
好大一个包
Quite a bump.
我还欠你们什么吗?
Apart from that, what do I owe you?
– 没什么啦 – 谢谢
– Never mind that. – Thank you.
– 谢谢 – 没什么 先生
– Thanks. – It’s all right, sir.
– 这是你的帽子 – 谢谢
– Here’s your hat. – Yes.
真的不用我帮你叫辆计程车吗?
Sure you don’t want me to call a cab?
不用了 我想吹吹风
No, thanks. The air will brace me up.
我想问一下
By the way, would you mind telling me…
今天是什么日子?
what day is this?
星期四
This is Thursday.
星期四 几月几号♥呢?
Thursday, yes, but the date?
1920年11月14号♥
November 14, 1920.
谢谢
Thanks.
1920年 三年过去了!
1920. Three years gone.
三年了!
Three years.
法国 我记得很清楚
France, I remember distinctly.
少尉战死了 年轻的戴维斯 然后呢?
An ensign was killed. Young Davis. But after that?
然后呢?
What after that?
利物浦?我在这儿干什么?
Liverpool? What am I doing here?
我还去过哪里?
Where have I been?
先回家吧 对 也许可以理清头绪 先回家
Better go home. Yes. May clear things up. Better go home.
谢尔登先生 很抱歉叫醒你
Mr. Sheldon, I’m sorry to wake you…
但是这里有位先生找你
but there’s a gentleman here asking for you.
他说他是查尔斯先生
He says he’s Mr. Charles. Charles.
是的 他是这样说的
I’m sorry, Mr. Sheldon. That’s what he says.
管家说他马上下来 先生
The butler says he’ll come straight down, sir.
请进
Step inside, sir.
请坐
Take a seat, sir.
原谅我这么小心 先生 因为现在太晚了
You’ll excuse me taking precautions, sir, it being late and all.
没什么
It’s quite all right.
布里齐特小姐在吗?
Is Miss Bridget at home, do you know?
在 他们全家都在
Yes, sir. The whole family’s at home.
真的吗?希望他们一家都还好
Really? Everything’s all right up at the house, I hope.
你不知道吗 先生? 老雷纳先生星期天去世了
Haven’t you heard, sir? Old Mr. Rainier died Sunday.
丧礼是在今天举♥行♥的
The funeral was today, sir.
他是你的亲戚吗?
Was he a relative of yours, sir?
他是我父亲
He was my father.
对不起 先生
I’m sorry, sir.
我不是很喜欢吃 但我还是要说 这很特别
I don’t feel much like eating, but still. I must say I think it most peculiar.
失踪了三年
After three years of complete silence…
又突然冒出来 叫我无法相信
he suddenly comes back from the grave with this cock-and-bull story…
而且正好是在宣读遗嘱的时候
and at the very moment when the will is to be read.
真是便宜他了
Very convenient, if you ask me.
– 你说得我兄弟好像骗子似的 – 谁说他不是了?
– You talk as if my brother were a fraud. – Who’s to say he isn’t?
– 谢尔登已经认出他来了 – 在黑暗中认出来的
– You seem to forget Sheldon’s seen him. – Yes, in the dark…
那时候谢尔登睡地正迷糊呢!
and Sheldon was probably half-asleep.
你们吵也没用
Isn’t this argument rather a waste of time?
过会儿我们都会亲眼看见他的
We shall see him for ourselves in a moment…
尊敬的莉蒂亚…
and with all respect to Lydia…
我还不至于认不出我兄弟来吧!
I think we shall be able to recognize our own brother.
– 早上好 各位 – 早上好
– Morning, everybody. – Good morning.
– 早上好 妈妈 – 早上好 亲爱的
– Morning, Mother. – Morning, darling.
查尔斯叔叔在哪儿?
Where’s Uncle Charles?
他还没下来 女孩子说话别这么大声
He’s not down yet. Besides, we’re not all deaf, dear.
对不起 不过我真的好想见他 这一切太传奇了
I’m sorry. I’m just dying to see him. It’s all so romantic…
就像火车站书店卖♥♥的畅销书一样
like a thriller in the railway bookstore…
《死亡回归》或者是 《消失的叔叔》
Back From The Dead or The Disappearing Uncle.
对 或者是《黑色的三年失忆》
Yes, or Three Years In Darkest Amnesia.
三年啊!想想看
Three years! Think of it.
失踪的三年来 他都在哪儿呢?
Where do you suppose he’s been all that time?
我也想知道 我估计是在监狱里
That’s just what I’ve been asking. In jail, for all we know.
律师曾经明确说过 那份遗书是在10年前写的吗?
Did Truslove say positively that the will was written 10 years ago?
是的 不动产是我们大家平分…
Yes, and I gather the estate is divided equally between all of us…
除了有两笔生意…
with the exception of the two business interests…
– 当然是归我的 – 当然?
– which, naturally, fall to me. – Naturally.
– 这栋房♥子是归查尔斯的 – 归查尔斯?
– And this house, which goes to Charles. – To Charles?
但是查尔斯凭什么得到这房♥子?
But why on earth should Charles get the house?
这比长子切特得到的还多
That gives him more than Chet, the eldest son.
– 早上好 乔治叔叔 – 早上好 基蒂 早上好 各位
– Morning, Uncle George. – Morning, Kitty. Morning, everybody.
– 早上好 – 我说 你们都听到消息了吧?
– Morning. – I say, have you heard the news?
只要我们一分财产
Plenty for all and plenty more…
就不断有新消息蹦出来
when up-to-date methods are used in the handling of our various interests.
实际上 我们不要高兴得太早 我认为…
In fact, without being unduly optimistic, I think I may say…
朱比特的香肠!
Sausages, by Jove!
但是如果这个人是假的呢?
But if the whole matter’s gonna be treated as a joke…
坐下 切特 我是认真的
Sit down, Chet. It’s no joke to me.
如果这个人真是查尔斯 他像一个…
That is, supposing it really is Charles who’s suddenly turned up like a…
像一个倒霉蛋一样出现?
Like a bad penny?
大家好 你们都还好吧?
Hello, my dear fellow. How are you?
– 你好 切特 你还好吧? – 见到你太好了 查尔斯
– Hello, Chet. How are you? – Delighted to see you, Charles.
– 欢迎你回家 亲爱的 – 你好 亲爱的
– Welcome home, darling. – Hello, darling.
– 查尔斯 见到你我太高兴了 – 你好 亲爱的
– Charles, this is jolly. – My dear.
查尔斯 亲爱的 真高兴你回来了
Charles, dear, how nice to see you.
你还没见过亨利吧?
You haven’t met Henry yet, have you?
你丈夫? 你好 恭喜你们!
A new brother-in-law? How do you do? Congratulations.
– 非常感谢 – 你还记的莉蒂亚吗?
– Thank you very much. – You remember Lydia.
– 你好 – 你好
– How are you? – How are you?
– 你好 年轻人 – 我是基蒂
– Hello, old chap. – I’m Kitty.
我是吉尔的女儿
Jill had to take me when she took Daddy.
你好 基蒂 大家都请坐
How do you do, Kitty? Please sit down, all of you.
– 不好意思打扰了大家的早餐 – 坐这里 挨着我坐
– I’m afraid I’m upsetting your breakfast. – Here’s a chair. Next to mine.
– 我可以帮到你什么吗? – 不用了 你去吃你的早餐
– What can I get you? – You go on with your breakfast…
– 我自己来 – 去吧 年轻人
– and I’ll forage for myself. – Go ahead, my dear chap.
我们大家都很高兴你回来了
We’re all absolutely delighted to see you back.
该杀头牛庆祝一下 是吗?
Have to kill the fatted calf, what?
我要来点香肠
I’ll settle for a couple of George’s sausages.
– 看一下还有没有? – 还多着呢!
– If he’s left any. – Plenty. I’m on a diet.
– 朱比特的香肠 有意思 – 听起来蛮响亮的
– By Jove, he’s kidding. Amazing. – They sound absolutely deafening.
我要说一下 律师今天早上宣布了遗书
By the way, my dear fellow, Truslove’s reading the will this morning.
遗书是10年前订的 所以也有你的一份
It’s 10 years old, so you won’t be done out of your share…
– 你那份里面包括了这房♥子 – 真的吗?
– which includes the house, I understand. – Really?
我敢肯定大家想知道我这3年的情况
I’m sure you’re all waiting for some sort of explanation.
可是我自己也不知道 这就是我失忆的结果
I really haven’t got one. That’s what loss of memory does for you.
我所有的一切 谢尔登都已经告诉大家了
Sheldon’s told you all I know.
昨天早上我还在利物浦
I was in Liverpool yesterday morning.
但是我也不知道 我为什么在那里?怎么去的?
Why or how, I’ve no idea.
我被一辆计程车撞了 醒来后发现自己在一家化学药店
I’d been knocked down by a taxi and came to in a chemist’s shop.
再往前 我就什么都不记得了
Before that, I can’t remember a thing.
只知道三年前 我还在法国的一个战壕里
Since a shell hole in France, and that was three years ago.
这三年 对我来说是一片空白
Those three years are a complete blank to me.
我不知道我做了什么?去过哪里?
I don’t know what I’ve done, where I’ve been.
但我兜里还有点钱 还有这把钥匙
I found a little money in my pocket and this key.
是你家的钥匙吗?
The key to your house?
如果我知道这个的话 我就知道我的家在哪儿了
If I knew that, I’d know where I belong.
– 你的家就在这里 查尔斯叔叔 – 是吗?
– You belong here, Uncle Charles. – Yes?
对 就在这里 这栋屋子
Yes, of course. This house.
我希望大家仍然把这里当作自己的家 我随时欢迎你们来…
I hope you’ll all still think of it as home and come whenever you like…
随便你们呆多久
and stay as long as you care to, now or anytime.
– 查尔斯 – 我会常来的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!