– Shall we go? – Well, there goes a hero for you.
– 他是条汉子 – 说的不错
– He’s one of the men what done it. – Right.
我现在必须去戏院了 时间快到了
I must get over to the theater. I’ve cut it pretty close.
我这样甩下你 是不是不太好?
It doesn’t seem very friendly, does it, running away like this?
你准备去哪里? 你现在感觉好些了吗?
What are you going to do? Will you be all right?
– 我还能怎么帮你呢? – 我现在感觉好多了
– What am I to do with you? – I’ll be all right.
我看不像
I’m not so sure.
听着 你喜欢看跳舞吗?
Listen, how’d you like to see the show?
你可以呆在我的化妆室看我表演 没人会打扰你的
You can sit in my dressing room, see the stage. No one will bother you.
我表演完了 再回来看你 好吗?
Then we’ll have a chat, shall we?
就我们俩 然后咱们再决定下一步怎么办
Just you and I, and settle what’s to be done.
好不好?好的 咱们走
Good? Good, come on.
抱歉一直让你这么等着 但是和平了 我真的很高兴
Sorry to keep you waiting all this time, but I’m so excited about peace.
我把一笔眉线画在了额头上
I’ve got one eyebrow halfway up my forehead
另一笔画在了左耳后面
and the other behind my left ear.
再等一会 我就快完了
Just a second. I’ll be with you.
好了 觉得我怎么样?
Well? How do you like me?
不喜欢吗?
Or don’t you?
好的
Good.
现在 咱们聊会儿 告诉我你的一切
Now, talk to me. Tell me all about yourself.
你为什么从疯人院逃出来?
Why’d you give them the slip up at the hospital?
你不喜欢那里吗?
You don’t like the place?
我肯定你不应该呆在那儿
Surely you ought not to be there.
求你了 回答我吧!
Come on. Answer me.
说话很困难吗?
Cat got your tongue?
努力试试
Make an effort.
我很正常 真的!
I’m all right, really.
但我总是鼓不起勇气来说话
It’s my speech. It’s just nerves.
看看 你现在说的多好啊!
There, you see? You’re doing splendidly.
是的 我说的不是很差 是吧?
Yes, I wasn’t so bad then, was I?
一点都不差
I should say not.
你还不知道我是干什么的
You don’t know what a job I have…
通常情况下…
as a rule.
我猜猜看啊 我在烟草店听见你说话的
Oh, I guess. I heard you up at that shop.
那个老巫婆总是吓唬别人
That old witch would scare anybody.
还有一件事
There’s another thing.
我失忆了
I’ve lost my memory.
我甚至不知道自己是谁
I don’t even know who I am.
你的意思是…
You mean…
我知道你是谁 你是一个非常好的人
I know who you are. You’re somebody awfully nice.
疯人院里他们叫你什么?
What did they call you at that place?
史密斯
Smith.
这不是我的原来的名字
It’s not my real name.
– 你叫什么名字? – 保拉.瑞洁薇
– What’s yours? – Paula Ridgeway.
也不是我的原名
That’s not my real name, either.
史密斯 你不介意我叫你史密斯吧?
Look here, Smithy. You don’t mind if I call you Smithy, do you?
呆在疯人院里对你没好处
It can’t be good for you up there among all those poor souls.
在那里你不会开心的
You can’t be happy.
如果你不开心的话 你怎么会康复呢?
And how are you ever going to get better if you’re unhappy?
其实现在在任何地方
Perhaps I shouldn’t be very happy…
我都不会开心
anywhere just now.
但是 史密斯 战争结束了 这对你来说是好事
But, Smithy, the war’s over. Doesn’t that mean anything to you?
我真傻 我没注意到 你现在心情不好
I’m just silly. Don’t take any notice. It’s the day.
今天对大多数来说 是开心的一天 但不是对所有的人
It’s so splendid for most of us and so sad for some.
为什么天气总是潮湿多雾呢?
Why did it have to be foggy and wet?
我希望每天都是阳光普照的
It should have been all sunshine and golden day.
不过没关系 史密斯 不管怎么说 我们认识了 不是吗?
Never mind, Smithy. We’ve met, anyway, haven’t we?
你有朋友吗? 你的家人呢?
Have you no friends, no parents that you can trace?
你找过他们吗?
Have you tried?
曾经有人到疯人院来看过我…
Some people came to see me at the hospital…
但他们不是我父母
but I wasn’t their son.
我可以想像他们是多么失望啊! 是吗?
I’ll bet they were disappointed, weren’t they?
是的
Yes, I think so.
我也是
I was, too.
我甚至愿意做他们的儿子
I’d have liked to belong to them.
史密斯 你让我好感动
Smithy, you’re ruining my makeup.
和你聊天真好
But how you do chatter.
我也是 不过我好像说的太多了
Yes, I seem to have talked rather a lot.
都是我的错 我总是让别人说话
That’s me. I always bring people out.
有的时候 就会说的太多
Much too far, sometimes.
– 瑞洁薇! – 行了 我马上来!
– Ridgeway. – All right, thank you.
轮到我出场了
I’ve got to go and perform now.
史密斯 听着…
Smithy, look…
你过来 我们把椅子搬出去
I’ll put your chair outside. Come along.
你可以从这里看我表演
You can see the front of the stage from here.
就坐这里 没人会打扰你的 我很快就回来
Just sit there and nobody will bother you. I’ll be back in a couple of shakes.
– 你还好吧? – 我很好
– You’ll be all right, will you? – I’m fine.
真的吗?
Sure?
你好像发烧了
Your head seems awfully hot.
– 保拉 上场了! – 来了!
– Paula. You’re on. – Coming.
我问我的父亲 “我可以娶黛西吗?”
I spoke to her father and asked, “Could I marry Daisy?”
“当然可以”父亲回答
“Certainly you can,” he says.
“不过有一个条件”
“Certainly. On one condition.”
“说吧!”我说
“Name it!” says I.
他说“你必须在家里举♥行♥婚礼仪式 仪式结束后…”
Says he, “Get married in the house and after the ceremony…
“你必须从后门走”
“you leave by the back door.”
“为什么?”我问
“Leave by the back door? Why would we do that?”
他说“我告诉你 如果你从后门走的话…”
He say, “I’m telling you, you leave by the back door…
“后门不是养着鸡吗? 你的婚米就不会浪费了”
“so that the hens can get the benefit of the rice.”
我只爱她一个
I love her for herself alone.
她是全苏格兰最美丽的女孩
She’s the bonniest wee lassie in all Scotland.
就像哈里说的一样…
As Harry would say…
我第一眼看见他 就知道他染上了流感
I knew the minute I seen him, he had the flu.
毕夫 有件事我必须告诉你
Biffer, there’s something I ought to tell you.
– 他是从郡里疯人院逃出来的 – 不会吧?
– He’s from the county asylum. – No.
但是他真的已经好了
But he’s all right, really.
如果他有个家的话 他早就出来了
He would have been discharged if he had a home to go to.
你说他们不会捉他回去吧 是吗?
You don’t think they’ll come after him, do you?
如果谁多管闲事来捉他的话…
Any busybody comes snooping after him…
我会让他尝尝我的拳头
I’ll give him what I give the gunner.
– 毕夫 你太好了 – 他是个好人
– Biffer, you’re a darling. – He’s a gentlemen, he is.
我第一眼看见他 就觉得他是个好人
Liked him the minute I first clapped eyes on him.
我是正常的
I’m all right.
我就是这样说话的 以前的事我都不记得了
It’s just my speech. I can’t remember.
史密斯 不要说话了 你现在需要休息
Rest now, Smithy. You mustn’t talk.
我跟疯人院里别的人不一样
I’m not like the others.
我不像他们 我是正常的
I’m not like them. I’m all right.
是的 史密斯 你是正常的
Yes, Smithy, you’re all right.
我不会回去的
But I can’t go back.
如果我回去的话 我就再也出不来了 我会变得和其他人一样的
If I go back, I’ll never come out. I’ll be like the others.
你不会回去的 史密斯 我不会让你回去的
You shan’t go back, Smithy. I won’t let you go back.
好好休息吧!
Rest now.
好好休息 史密斯
Rest, Smithy.
你先睡一会吧
Just go to sleep.
快点下来 晚餐准备好了 火车1点开
Hurry down. Supper’s on the table. The train leaves at 1:00.
我都收拾好了 我马上下来
I’m all packed. I’ll be back in a jiffy.
节目表演的怎么样?
How did the show go?
昨晚的节目棒极了!
Splendidly. The last night.
真的很棒!
Glad to get rid of us, I expect.
你怎么起床了?
How did you get on?
我今天和女佣谈了一会儿
I talked to the chambermaid today.
– 很难和她说话 – 真的?
– Had quite a chat with her. – You did?
太好了!你们谈什么?
Wonderful. What about?
谈天气
The weather.
你恢复的很快
You are coming on.
我看见你把行李都打包了 我也是
I see you’re all packed. That’s a good boy. So am I.
我们的火车1点钟走
Our train leaves at 1:00.
– 保拉 – 什么事?
– Paula. – Yes, Smithy?
你肯定我还能好起来吗?
You’re sure I can be useful?
你的经理本来不愿带我走的
Your manager isn’t just taking me on…
是你让他带我走的吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!