When you came to me at Melbridge shortly after he disappeared…
我当时就告诉你 他不是故意离开你的
I told you I was sure he hadn’t deserted you knowingly.
他的记忆有两扇门 一扇打开的时候 另一扇就关闭了
I told you a door in his mind had opened, but another had closed.
我警告过你 即使你找到他
I warned you even that if you found him…
他也可能认不出你来
the chances were he wouldn’t recognize you.
但你给了我希望
You gave me a hope.
希望总是有的 这要靠他自己去唤醒内心的记忆
There’s always that hope, but the impetus must come from within.
外界的提示是没用的
It can’t be forced on him from outside.
你能告诉他真♥相♥ 并且要求你的合法权利
You can tell him the truth and claim your legal rights.
但是如果一个陌生的女人突然出现…
But what is going to be his attitude when a strange woman appears…
并宣称是他的妻子的话…
and suddenly claims to be his wife?
他会恨我?
He’d resent me.
接受我?
He’d accept me.
可怜我?
He’d pity me…
他还是会恨我的
and he’d resent me.
我只能给你一个微小的希望
I can only offer you that frail hope
除非有一天奇迹会发生
that someday the miracle will happen…
那时他就会来找你 那时他就不是查尔斯.雷纳 而是…
and he’ll come back to you, not as Charles Rainier, but as…
他过去叫什么名字?
What was it you used to call him?
– 史密斯 – 史密斯
– Smithy. – As Smithy…
那时他感情的大门就会向你敞开
with all his emotion for you as warm and intact as it was…
就想你们从前一样
on the day he left you.
约翰 这些话对我没用
That’s not much help to me, John, is it?
我的感情是真的 眼泪是真的 嫉妒也是真的…
I’m real, these tears are real, and my jealousy is real…
我真的需要他
and my need of him.
保拉 我希望能帮到你
Paula, I wish I could help you.
你接下来怎么办?
What will you do?
我不知道 我要好好想想
I don’t know. I’ll have to think it out.
– 你该吃饭了 – 我们一起吃吧
– You go to your dinner. – I’ll call it off if you’ll dine with me.
不 别这样
No, don’t do that.
亲爱的约翰 你是个坚强的好人
Dear John. Always firm, but kind.
谢谢你给我的希望
Thank you for the hope.
我想你还是不要抱太大的希望
That is rather nice of me, seeing that it robs me of mine.
再见 约翰
Good night, John.
史密斯夫人 从法律上来讲
The law is quite clear on that point, Mrs. Smith.
如果一个人失踪7年以上
If it is proved that for a period of not less than seven years…
他周围所有熟悉的人当中…
no news of a person has been received…
没有任何人知道他的消息…
by those who would naturally hear of him if he were alive…
我们就可以宣布他在法律上死亡了
then he may be legally presumed dead.
你想履行这个法律程序吗?
You wish me to take the necessary steps?
是的
Please.
现在 我有几个问题
Now, to complete the particulars.
你有找过他吗?
Did you prosecute a search?
有 我们调查了他失踪当天发生的车祸
Yes, we investigated accidents that had occurred on that day.
– 没有结果吗? – 是的
– Without result? – Yes.
然后我生了一场大病
Then I became seriously ill.
病了好几个月 我的孩子也死了
I was ill for many months. My baby died.
我病好以后 又继续寻找他
As soon as I could get about, I made some effort to return to the stage
但还是没消息
but without success.
其间 我做过服务员 售货员
I worked as a waitress, a saleswoman.
在夜校 我学习了速记法
I studied stenography at night school.
我的钱都花在了寻找他上面
Spent every penny I could spare trying to trace my husband.
他曾经在一家医院住过…
Thought he might have been taken to a hospital…
确切的说 是疯人院
or perhaps an asylum.
但是至今我还没有找到他
But years passed, and I found no trace of him.
你现在有工作吗?
Are you employed at present?
我最近两年在做私人秘书
For the last two years, I’ve worked as a private secretary.
– 给谁? – 查尔斯.雷纳先生
– To whom? – To Mr. Charles Rainier.
史密斯夫人 我们讨论了你的申请…
I’ve studied your petition, Mrs. Smith…
以及书面陈述
and the affidavits attached.
根据现有的证据和法律的相关条文
In regard to the evidence presented, I have entered the decree to the effect…
约翰.史密斯被宣布死亡
that the man known as John Smith shall be presumed to be dead…
你和他的婚姻关系宣告中止
and your marriage to him consequently dissolved.
你们好!
Hello, you two!
你们还记得周3的婚礼仪式吧?
I wish you’d remember you’re getting married on Wednesday.
贝多斯先生已经在教堂等你们很久了
That odd little Mr. Beddoes has been waiting in the chapel for ages.
我真该死!我居然忘了这事
Oh, dear! How dreadful of me. I forgot.
他要我们选一下婚礼时的歌♥曲
He wants us to choose the hymns for the wedding.
那我们先去了 一会就回来 你们在吃什么?
We’ll go down. Back in a few minutes. What’s for tea?
松饼 味道好极了!
Muffins, old boy! Terrific!
这首不错
That’s nice.
但我不记得歌♥词了
I forget the words.
对 我想起来了
Yes, I remember now.
还有一首是什么来着?婚礼上常用的
Then there’s another lovely one. Nearly always used.
是不是《啊 完美的爱》?
This, perhaps: O Perfect Love.
对 就是这首
Yes, that’s it.
我喜欢这首歌♥ 你呢?查尔斯
I like that. Don’t you, Charles?
怎么了?基蒂
What is it, Kitty?
对不起 亲爱的 我走神了
I’m sorry, darling. I must have been dreaming.
没什么 查尔斯
It’s all right, Charles.
我终于明白了
I’m glad it happened.
– 这样子更好 – 更好?
– It’s better. – Better?
你怎么了?
What has happened?
从一开始我们在一起时
I’ve been uncertain.
我就不敢确定这一点
Almost from the beginning.
现在我终于确定了
Now I’m sure.
我们不会在一起的 是吗?
It’s no use, is it?
我一直都知道这一点
I’ve always known it. Really.
我一直都自私地只想到自己
I was grasping selfishly at my own happiness.
因为只有你才能让我真正的快乐
Because you could make me perfectly happy.
我陶醉在这种快乐中
If I were selfish enough not to care…
却没有发现…
or stupid enough not to know.
发现什么?
To know what?
发现我不是你的真爱
That I’m not the one.
我们再也不要欺骗自己了
Let’s be honest about it.
我非常的爱你
I was letting things drift.
但我从没有相信过自己会如此的幸运 让你真心的爱我
But I never really believed in my own luck.
查尔斯 你刚才看我的眼神 就像在看着一个陌生人
Charles, you looked at me just now as if I were a stranger.
一个心灵上的陌生人
An intrusive stranger.
你的心早已经被别人占据了
Trying to take the place of someone else.
别人?
Someone else?
这听起来很荒谬 但这是真的
I know it sounds absurd, but let me say it.
有时候
Sometimes…
即使在我们最亲密的时候
especially when we’ve been closest…
我都会有一种奇怪的感觉 感觉我们之间还有一个人存在
I’ve had a curious feeling that I remind you of someone else.
一个你曾经认识的人
Someone you once knew.
不要离开我 基蒂 我需要你
Don’t leave me, Kitty. I need you.
我要和你共度一生
I’m trying to make a life.
那个人不是我 你爱的人不是我
With someone you love as you’ll never love me.
你差一点就爱上了我 查尔斯
I am nearly the one, Charles.
我很自豪你差一点就爱上了我
So nearly that I shall always be proud of it.
但是差一点就是差一点
But nearly isn’t enough for a lifetime.
差一点就代表不是
It would be too hard to…
我们该离开这里了 对吗?对不起
I’ve left it rather late, haven’t I? I’m sorry.
我想我会去旅行
I think I’ll travel.
我母亲要去卢克斯 我和她一起去
Mother’s going to Luxor, I believe. I’ll go with her.
– 基蒂… – 好了 查尔斯
– Kitty… – It’s all right, Charles.
不用替我担心
I asked for it, and I’ll get over it.
你了解我的
One does, you know.
我不会悲伤的
I shan’t go in any tragic mood…
我总是能找到让我开心的事
but looking to see what fun I can find, and I usually can.
你以后也许会听到我嫁人的消息
You’ll probably hear that I’ve married some nice man.
我不知道该说什么
I don’t know what to say.
你不需要说话
You don’t have to say anything.
因为我差一点就嫁给了你
But because I am so nearly the one…
因为即使我结婚了 我最爱的人还是你
and because I love you more than anyone I shall ever marry…
你可以和我吻别吗?
will you kiss me goodbye?
我们不能没有他
Well, we can’t keep this up indefinitely.
他到底去哪里了?
Where in the devil is he?
没有人可以这样
No normal man walks out of a big concern
消失得无影无踪的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!