I’ve actually, uh, just been transferred myself.
我以为今晚李♥克♥和普瑞斯利值班
Thought it was Leeke and Priestley on rotation tonight.
长官小心
Careful, sir.
请进
In you come.
警员 -我是史托克
Constable.Stalker, sir.
天啊,您浑身湿透了
God, you’re all wet through, sir.
希望您不会感冒
Hope you don’t catch a cold after that.
您先请,长官
Yep, after you, sir.
被害人名叫里奥科佩尼,电影导演
Victim’s name is Leo Kopernick, sir. The film director.
疑似共♥产♥分子,列入好莱坞黑名单
Suspected Communist, blacklisted in Hollywood,
所以来此为约翰沃夫拍片
so he came out here to work on a picture for John Woolf.
约翰沃夫,电影制片
You know John Woolf, the film producer.
他拍过亨佛莱鲍嘉的《非洲皇后》
He made The African Queen with Humphrey Bogart.
「奥纳先生,我们必须征服大自然」
“Nature, Mr. Allnut,
「奥纳先生,我们必须征服大自然」
“is what we are put in this world to rise above.”
听来不像鲍嘉会说的
That didn’t sound anything like Bogart.
是凯萨琳赫本说的,她也有演
No, that was Katharine Hepburn, sir. She’s in it too.
好棒的女演员
Wonderful actress.
其实我常看电影
I go to the pictures quite a lot, actually.
这是一种逃脱
It’s the escape, I suppose.
银幕上的浪漫 -谢谢你,警员
The romance of the silver screen.
银幕上的浪漫 -谢谢你,警员
Yes, thank you, Constable.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
有挣扎的迹象
Eh, signs of a struggle.
我想这是波伊太太遇害时的情景
Actually, sir, I believe that happened
我想这是波伊太太遇害时的情景
when Mrs. Boyle was killed.
谁是波伊太太?
Mrs. Boyle? Who’s…
是,她是前排那位女士
Yes, sir. Um…
是,她是前排那位女士
She’s that woman in the front row there.
她好像死而复生了
Well, she seems to have bounced back.
抱歉,她在戏里遇害,也是被勒死的
Oh.
抱歉,她在戏里遇害,也是被勒死的
Sorry, sir. No, she was killed in the play. Also strangled.
我没看过,但我很想看
Not that I’ve seen it, although I would like to.
这是阿嘉莎克莉丝蒂的戏
It’s an Agatha Christie, and I do like a good murder.
我喜欢精彩的推理剧
It’s an Agatha Christie, and I do like a good murder.
谢谢你,警员
Yes, thank you, Constable.

Yes, sir.
凶器是滑雪板
A ski did that, sir.
他们在戏中有用到
They use it in the play, apparently.
我说了,我还没看过
As I said, I haven’t seen it.
颅骨上的凹痕是缝纫机造成的
And then the large dent in the cranium is a sewing machine.
他看来是在道具间遇害
Seems he was killed in the costume store initially,
然后被移到这里
and then he was deposited here.
可说是正式登台
Staged, so to speak.
抱歉,长官
Sorry, sir.
那就是砸伤他脸部的滑雪板
Yeah, that’s the ski that he took in the face, sir.
当时他的状况就滑下坡了
And, uh, I’m afraid it was downhill from there.
抱歉,我脱口而出
Oh. Sorry, sir.
抱歉,我脱口而出
That one just came out on its own.
他似乎是来换衣服的
Seems he came down here
他似乎是来换衣服的
for a change of clothes.
为什么?
Why?
10场演出
他们在办庆祝百场演出的宴会
It was a party to celebrate the 100th performance, sir.
另一个零一定是…死者打翻了蛋糕
The other nought must have…
另一个零一定是…死者打翻了蛋糕
When the victim upset the sponge.
然后跌坐在各种甲壳海鲜上
Um, and he then proceeded to sit in the assortment of crustaceans.
听说他烂醉如泥,全身瘫软
I’m told he was intoxicated, sir, as a newt.
这比我想的好玩多了
This was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
然后他离开,尸体曝光前没人见到他
Then he left. No one saw him again until the body was discovered.
没错,长官
That’s correct, sir.
也许他们统统有份,长官?
Perhaps they were all in on it together, sir?
凶手似乎想扯断死者舌头
Looks like the killer tried to pull out the victim’s tongue.
怎么会有人干这种事?
Why would anyone do a thing like that?
不好意思,总督察
Excuse me, Chief Inspector.
只是督察
It’s just “Inspector.”
是,当然,督察
Yes. Of course. Inspector.
抱歉打扰了,真是糟糕…
I hate to interrupt, I do.
抱歉打扰了,真是糟糕…
There really is nothing worse…
佩杜拉史宾瑟,长官,知名剧场经理
There really is nothing worse…
佩杜拉史宾瑟,长官,知名剧场经理
Petula Spencer, sir. Prominent theater impresario.
谢谢你,警员
Yes, thank you, Constable.
请问你打算把我们囚禁多久?
Tell me, how much longer do you intend to keep us all hostage here?
还是想让凶手不打自招?
Or is that the idea?
还是想让凶手不打自招?
“Let the galled jade wince.”
将所有嫌疑人集♥合♥起来
Gather all the suspects under one roof
轮流审问,直到谜底揭晓?
and then interrogate each of us in turn until the mystery is solved?
马文考克诺里斯,过誉的剧作家
Mervyn Cocker-Norris, overrated playwright.
应该是名剧作家
Celebrated playwright.
抱歉,先生,我看不清自己的笔迹
Oh, I’m so sorry, sir.
抱歉,先生,我看不清自己的笔迹
I can’t read me own handwriting.
我们当然不是嫌犯
Not that we are suspects, necessarily.
我们是嫌犯吗?
Are we suspects?
那只是参照阿嘉莎和她偏爱的结局
It was just a reference to Agatha Christie
那只是参照阿嘉莎和她偏爱的结局
and her penchant for denouement,
警探召集…
in which the detective gathers the susp…
我敢说那不是…
I dare say, that’s not…
请继续 -谢谢你,马文
Please continue.Yes, thank you, Mervyn.
督察,我想表达我对伦敦警♥察♥厅
Inspector, I want you to know
督察,我想表达我对伦敦警♥察♥厅
that I have nothing but the utmost respect
无上的敬意
for the Metropolitan Police.
不过你想你能在明晚开演前
But, well, do you think you might be finished
解决此事吗?-我的老天
in time for curtain up tomorrow night?
解决此事吗?-我的老天
Oh, for goodness’ sake.
约翰沃夫,知名电影制片
John Woolf, esteemed film producer.
谢谢你,警员
Yes, thank you, Constable.
这是命案调查,当然必须优先处理
This is a murder investigation.
这是命案调查,当然必须优先处理
Surely that takes precedence, sold out or not.
无论戏卖♥♥不卖♥♥座
Surely that takes precedence, sold out or not.
让你称心如意,对吧,沃夫?
Yes, it’s all going to plan for you, isn’t it, Woolfie?
你巴不得停演
You want the run to end.
根本没那回事
I want nothing of the sort.
这是应该的,关闭剧院以尊重里奥
It’s the decent thing to do, that’s all.
这是应该的,关闭剧院以尊重里奥
Close the theater out of respect for Leo.
我们痛失英才
Such a tragic loss.
督察,恳求你别反应过度
Inspector, I implore you not to overreact.
我实在不愿意跳过你
I would hate to have to go over your head and
直接找你的顶头上司谈
talk directly to your superiors.
我们不希望走那一步吧,夫人?
Oh, we wouldn’t want that, now, would we, madam?
但在此情况下,为了以防万一…
But I’m afraid that under the circumstances,
但在此情况下,为了以防万一…
as a precaution…Precaution?
以防万一?
as a precaution…Precaution?
他已经死了
He’s already dead.
是的,夫人
He is, madam.
但除非厘清可能的动机
But until we have an idea as to a likely motive,
谁能说事情告一段落了呢?
who’s to say this is the end of it?
这句话什么意思?
What is that supposed to mean?
我们已经不仅是嫌犯
We are no longer merely suspects.
也是潜在的被害人
We are also potential victims.
天啊,没拍到我吧?我一定很狼狈
Oh, God, I wasn’t in that, was I? I must look dreadful.
伦敦警♥察♥厅
入口,出口
抱歉
Excuse me, sir.
史塔博
Stoppard!
到我办公室
My office.
总监
My office.
总监
Hello, sir.
长官好
Hello, sir.
你哪根筋不对劲,竟关闭大使剧院?
What in God’s name possessed you
你哪根筋不对劲,竟关闭大使剧院?
to close down the Ambassadors?
根据规定,那是刑案现场
Uh, protocol, sir. It’s a crime scene.
不,这根本是公♥关♥灾难
No, it’s a public relations disaster, is what it is.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!