Yeah, I had an unfaithful wife.
怀孕八个月才告诉我孩子不是我的
She was eight months pregnant
怀孕八个月才告诉我孩子不是我的
when she told me I wasn’t the father.
我还做了一张婴儿床
I’d made a cot and everything.
好惨,很遗憾
That’s awful, sir. I’m sorry.
老板 -是?
Yes, sir?
再来一轮
Another round.
不好吧
Oh, I don’t know.
该走了吧?明天还得上班
Should we maybe get going, sir?
该走了吧?明天还得上班
Got work tomorrow.
快开走,不然我报♥警♥
Go on, steer off before I call the police!
再次说声抱歉,谢谢
Sorry again. Thank you.
您真的能开车吗,长官?
Are you sure you’re all right to drive, sir?
没问题
Absolutely.
我可以送你回去
I could run you home if you like.
靠在这里
Now. Just gonna pop you there.
我自己能进去,警员
I can take it from here, Constable.
长官
Sir.
躺好
There we go.
萨伏伊饭店神秘女子
科佩尼儿子的母亲?
长相平凡,其貌不扬,黑发
戴眼镜,粗框
长官早
Morning, sir.
什么事?
What do you want?
前几天晚上,那个死掉的美国人
Uh, the other night, sir. The dead Yank.
接到电♥话♥的是史塔博督察
Inspector Stoppard got the call and not Leeke or Priestley.
不是李♥克♥或普瑞斯利
Inspector Stoppard got the call and not Leeke or Priestley.
所以呢?
So?
李♥克♥在斯凯格内斯度蜜月
Leeke was in Skegness on his honeymoon,
普瑞斯利接到瑞灵顿街的电♥话♥
and Priestley took the Rillington Place call.
几点?
What time?
11点半,当时在播《睡前阅读》
Half-past 11:00. Book at Bedtimewas on.
您见过史塔博的太太吗?
Did you ever meet Stoppard’s wife, sir?
见过
I did.
您不会刚好记得她的名字吧?
You don’t happen to remember her name, do you?
她叫…
It was…
史塔博太太
Mrs. Stoppard.
好记性
Brilliant.
艾比嘉3184,金发,秘书?
喂,请问是艾比嘉吗?
Hello, is this Abigale?
喂,请问是贝莉吗?
Hello, is this Beryl?
我是里奥科佩尼的朋友
I am a friend of Leo Kopernick’s.
贝莉?
Beryl?
请问洁拉汀在吗?
Is Geraldine there by any chance?
不要妄下定论
警员 -长官
Oh, Constable. Sir.
狄克有送你戏票吗?
Did Dickie ever come through on those theater tickets?
我想去,或许戏里能看出端倪
I thought of going, and, uh… Maybe the play’s the thing
把线索串起来,你想一起去吗?
Ties this all together. Would you like to tag along?
好,长官
Yes, sir. Um…
什么事,警员?
What is it, Constable?
没事
Uh, nothing, sir.Oh.
想喝杯茶吗?
Do you, um, want a cup of tea?
听我说,史托克
Listen to me, Stalker.
没人会把你当成警员看待
No one is ever going to take you seriously as a police officer
如果你像个奉茶小妹,懂吗?
if you act like a tea-lady, do you hear me?
是,谢谢长官
Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.
加牛奶和两颗糖
Milk and two sugars.
总监
Commissioner.
阿嘉莎克莉丝蒂,《捕鼠器》
我说「你要谁?
I said, “Who do you want?
克莉丝蒂还是考克诺里斯?
“Agatha Christie or Mervyn Cocker-Norris?
谁都能模仿她,只有我能模仿我」
“Anyone can do her, but only I can do me.”
《捕鼠器》有其独特风格
The Mousetrap in the house style, as it were.
我撷取通俗虐童故事的精髓
I’ll take the bare bones of the story,
我撷取通俗虐童故事的精髓
a rather mundane tale of child abuse, and make it my own.
将它改编成我的作品
a rather mundane tale of child abuse, and make it my own.
拿去
Here we are.
座位不在一起
Oh. These aren’t together, sir.
这样我们观察的范围更大
Well, we can cover more ground that way.
眼睛睁大一点
Keep your eyes peeled.
是,长官
Yes, sir.
谢谢
Cheers.
有人在吗?
Hello?
有人在吗?
Hello?
那边有人吗?
Is anyone there?
这么晚谁打来的?
Who’s calling at this late hour?
喂?
Yes?
好吧
All right then.
是伦敦警♥察♥厅,他们会派督察过来
That was Scotland Yard.
是伦敦警♥察♥厅,他们会派督察过来
They’re sending out an inspector.
冒着这么大的风雪?为什么?
In this unseasonable blizzard?
冒着这么大的风雪?为什么?
What on Earth for?
老天爷
Good Lord.
督察 -谢谢
Inspector.
督察 -谢谢
Thank you.
晚安
Good evening.
我是卓特侦察佐
I am Detective Sergeant Trotter.
我行动不便请见谅
Please excuse the limp.
天寒让战争的旧伤加剧
An old war wound playing up in the cold.
相信你们知道我会过来?
I’m assuming you were warned of my arrival?
顺道一提,我是裁判官
Apropos of nothing, I’m a magistrate.
而且他太年轻,不可能是督察
Also, he looks too young to be an inspector.
我年纪大到记得柯里根案
Well, I’m old enough to remember the Corrigan Case.
是,好可怕的事件
Yes, a dreadful business.
一对信任英国社会福利的兄弟
Two brothers who put their faith in the British social services.
一个以悲剧收场的受虐故事
A sorry tale of abuse that ended in tragedy.
是,报上都报导过
Yes, it was in all of the papers.
吉欧,我看不下去了
Gio, I can’t sit through this again.
抱歉,借过
I’m sorry. Will you excuse me?
一个去世,一个饱受创伤
One died, the other left traumatized.
想到弱者受到的伤害让人不寒而栗
I shudder to think what an ordeal like that
想到弱者受到的伤害让人不寒而栗
might do to a vulnerable mind.
我离开一下,去找马文
Won’t be a moment.
我离开一下,去找马文
I’m just going to try and catch Mervyn.
真是的,我忘了茶
Oh, bother. I forgot the tea.
天啊,这一定是我喝过
By God, that has to be
天啊,这一定是我喝过
the worst cup of tea I’ve ever had.
最难喝的茶
the worst cup of tea I’ve ever had.
我认同
I agree.
你是用茶壶还是花盆泡的?
Did you make it in a teapot or a plant pot?
借过,谢谢,抱歉 -天啊
Pardon me.
借过,谢谢,抱歉 -天啊
Oh, dear.
借过,抱歉 -我在厨房♥里
Pardon me. Excuse me. Sorry.
借过,抱歉 -我在厨房♥里
I’ve already had another disaster in the kitchen.
已经乱成一片了
I’ve already had another disaster in the kitchen.
我的牛肉腰子派忘了放牛肉
I left out the steak pieces in my steak and kidney pie.
手套
Gloves.
腰子派听起来没那么好吃
Kidney pie just doesn’t have the same ring to it.
抱歉,借过
Sorry. Excuse me. Pardon me.
借过,真抱歉
Excuse me. Terribly sorry.
拿手套,真抱歉
Bleeding gloves. I’m so sorry.
在这里,谢谢,真抱歉
There they are. Thank you.
在这里,谢谢,真抱歉
Sorry. Sorry. Terribly sorry.
我开始觉得没吃午餐大错特错
I’m beginning to think
我开始觉得没吃午餐大错特错
it was a dreadful mistake to skip lunch.
借过
Excuse me.
我来开一罐豌豆
I’ll open a tin of peas.
我们中断《睡前阅读》节目
We interruptBook at Bedtime
敬告伦敦柯尼哈奇区的居民
to warn residents in the Colney Hatch area of London
注意一名逃脱在外的精神病患
to be on the lookout for an escaped lunatic.
你吓坏我了
You startled me.
把灯打开
Turn the lights on.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!