Some deal with the devil I was never offered.
你知道我过去四年在想什么吗
So you know what I’ve been thinking for the last four years?
其实 约翰
As it turns out, John,
我从来不知道你在想什么
I’ve never known what you were thinking.
新生儿都没有控制权
No newborn baby has control.
你懂我在说什么吗
Do you know what I’m talking about?
-84年Mac发布之前你说 -知道
– In ’84, before the Mac launch. You said… – Yeah.
你说被领养意味着你没有控制权
You said that being adopted meant you didn’t have control.
我们马上要开始了 所以…
We’re starting in a minute, so…
为什么人们认为是我开除了你
Why do people think I fired you?
没关系 约翰 都过去了
It’s fine, John. It’s all behind us.
是吗
Is it?
少装傻了 你骗不了我
Don’t play stupid. You can’t pull it off.
你来这问我为什么人们认为你开除了我
You came here to ask me why people think you fired me?
为什么人们认为是我开除了你
Why do people think I fired you?
我们来确认几件事 好吗
Just confirm something for me, okay?
你喜欢那广♥告♥ 是吧
You liked the ad, right?
那个广♥告♥《1984》 你是喜欢的吧
The commercial… “1984.” You liked it.
-你什么时候买♥♥家具 -太麻烦了
– When are you gonna get furniture? – It’s not an easy process.
不麻烦 你先买♥♥沙发 一件件就齐了
It is. You buy a couch, take it from there.
我实在是想不到
I’d be really surprised if
你过来跟是我讨论室内装潢的
you came here to talk about interior decorating.
我很喜欢那广♥告♥
I liked the ad very much.
你喜欢
You did?
你知道我喜欢的 现在请回答我的问题
You know I did. Now please answer my question.
你♥他♥妈♥就是个骗子 你想扼杀了它
You’re a lying son of a bitch. You tried to kill it.
是时候仔细审视一下Mac了
It’s time to take a hard look at the Mac.
已经落后时代了
It’s past time.
定价过高 我们要降价到1995元
It’s overpriced. We need to drop it to 1,995.
我们要把营销预算翻一倍
We need to double the marketing budget,
分配更多人手去做内置硬盘
put more bodies on an internal hard drive
在文件服务器上投资
and invest in FileServer.
你到底从哪得知
Where the hell did you get the idea
-我要撤掉… -李·克罗
– that I tried to kill… – Lee Clow.
-李错了 -他说谎吗
– Lee’s wrong. – He’s lying?
-他 弄错了 -钱从哪来
– He’s… mistaken. – Where would the money come from?
把早该扔掉的Apple Ⅱ扔了就有了
It would come from finally getting rid of the Apple II.
Apple Ⅱ是唯一在赚钱的产品
The Apple II is the only thing making money.
你跟董事会站在了一边
You agreed with the board.
我明白董事会的顾虑 但我
I understood the board’s concerns, but I…
董事会的顾虑是我们没展示出产品吗
The board’s concerns that we didn’t show the product?
还有其他原因 问题在于
Among other things, but my question was…
什么原因
What other things honestly?
我就是好奇 你说”还有其他原因”
I’m asking because I’m curious. You said “Among other things.”
还有就是它的背景设定在反乌托邦星系
Among other things, it was set in a dystopian galaxy.
发生在一个不是地球的星球上
It took place on a planet where we don’t live.
这很黑暗 而且跟我们品牌相违背
It was dark and the opposite of our brand.
再加上我们没展示产品
And we didn’t show the product.
人们谈论那则广♥告♥
People talked about the ad but
但没什么人知道我们在卖♥♥什么
most of them didn’t know what we were selling.
Mac需要卖♥♥1995块
The Mac needs to sell for 1,995.
没有任何市场调查告诉我们说
There is no market research telling us
Mac会因为定价过高而失败
the Mac is failing because it’s overpriced.
调查表明人们不喜欢
It’s telling us that people don’t like it
是因为他们认为它没什么用
because they think it doesn’t do anything.
这是个封闭结构 端到端
It’s closed, end-to-end.
我们之前不知道人们不想买♥♥这个
We didn’t know it wasn’t what people wanted,
但他们确实不想
but it isn’t.
他们想要插槽 想要选择 想要空间
They want slots, they want choices, they want options.
跟我们买♥♥音响一样 配件自♥由♥组合
The way we buy stereos… mix and match components.
约翰 听我说
John, listen to me.
我敢保证跟你说顾客永远正确的人
Whoever said the customer is always right was,
他自己就是顾客
I promise you, a customer.
-那里面有光头党 -她解放了他们
– It had skinheads in it. – She was liberating them.
解放光头党
Liberating the skinheads.
那广♥告♥跟什么鬼光头党一点关系都没有
The ad didn’t have anything to do with fucking skinheads.
我们就他妈把他们当临时演员用
We used them as fucking extras.
根本没人知道他们是光头党
Nobody even knows they were skinheads.
我只是说董事会有顾虑
I’m just saying the board had concerns…
你发明了生活模式营销
You invented lifestyle advertising.
我们的品牌就是我的品牌
And our brand was my brand.
我的职责是给董事会提建议
My job is to make a recommendation to the board.
我们展现的是很多人开心地喝着百事
We showed a lot of happy people drinking Pepsi.
我们可没说
We didn’t say
如果你不买♥♥百事世界就灭亡了
the world was going to end if you bought a Dr. Pepper.
去建议他们降低价格和增加营销♥售♥预算吧
Recommend that we drop the price and double the marketing budget.
-我做不到 -而且我们展示了产品
– I can’t. – And we showed the product.
我们展现了它被打开
We showed it being opened,
我们展现了它被倒出来 被喝掉
we showed it being poured, being consumed.
那你怎么打算 建议我们取消Mac吗
What are you gonna do, recommend that we kill the Mac?
我已经建议了 史蒂夫
I already have, Steve.
什么 什么时候
What? When?
你觉得你成功的秘诀在于
You think the secret to your success
是假定人们知道怎么享受一罐汽水吗
was not assuming people knew what to do with a can of soda?
我没有取消那广♥告♥ 史蒂夫
I didn’t kill the ad, Steve!
正是因为我它才能播出来
I’m the only reason it made it on the air.
就刚才 一小时前
Just now. An hour ago.
我从马库拉家出来的时候
I’m coming from Markkula’s house.
他说什么
What did he say?
-他说什么 -创造点新东西
– What did he say? – Invent something new.
我会给你个团队 你待在毛伊岛都行
I’ll give you a team. You can sit in Maui.
不光度假 还送你沙发
The resorts come with couches.
等等 你是说你提议终结Mac项目
Wait a minute. Are you saying you recommended terminating the Mac
还是你提议让我退出Mac团队
or you recommended taking me off the Mac team?
我们在超级碗买♥♥了三个广♥告♥时段
We bought three spots in the Super Bowl.
两个30秒 一个60秒
Two 30’s and a 60.
放过广♥告♥之后 董事会希望收回那笔钱
After we screened it, the board wanted that money back
他们要我抛售这些广♥告♥时段
and they asked me to sell off the spots.
李岱艾广♥告♥公♥司♥把两个30秒的卖♥♥了
Chiat/Day sold off the two 30’s
但60秒的没有
but not the 60,
然后我对李·克罗说得清清楚楚
and I let it be known to Lee Clow
就算他不努力把最后那个时段卖♥♥掉
that if he didn’t try very hard to sell the last spot,
我也不会不开心
I wouldn’t be unhappy.
如果我们降价再加倍预算
If we drop the price and double the budget…
降价或加倍预算
Drop the price or double the budget.
唯一的方法是从Apple Ⅱ那里拿钱
The only way to do that is to take money out of the Apple II.
Apple Ⅱ都丢你的人 它让我丢人
The Apple II should embarrass you. It embarrasses me.
股东没觉得丢人
It doesn’t embarrass the shareholders.
股东关我屁事
I don’t give a shit about the shareholders.
所以我才雇了你
That’s why I hired you,
我就不用听股东啰嗦了
so I don’t have to hear about shareholders.
股东是我的问题所在
The shareholders are my problem,
董事会代表的就是股东
and the board represents the shareholders.
这就是规矩
That’s how it works.
你确定不是李·克罗故意拖着不卖♥♥60秒时段
You sure it wasn’t Lee Clow who dragged his feet selling the 60?
是我让他拖着的 史蒂夫
At my direction, Steve.
你觉得他自己有这个胆子拍板
You think he would have done that on his own,
自己担这个责任吗
taken it on himself?
是 我觉得他会拼命从你那救下60秒
Yeah. I think he would’ve done what it took to save it from you.
想留住那60秒的只有我
I was the only thing protecting it.
你不想要那广♥告♥
You didn’t want the ad
因为你想要
because you were trying to
在Mac上市两个月前停了Mac项目
kill the Mac two months before it launched.
你♥他♥妈♥就是一妄想狂
You are fucking delusional.
-我能说个事吗 -说
– Can I mention something to you? – Sure.
我完全不明白你为什么在这里
I have no earthly idea why you’re here.
你离开苹果的原因和过程
The story of why and how you left Apple,
转眼就传疯了 但那都是假的
which is quickly becoming mythologized, isn’t true.
-我要亲自去跟董事会说 -别那样做
– I’m gonna take this to the board myself. – Don’t do that.
-我就要去 -不能去
– I am doing that. – You can’t.
为什么

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!