六个月 他就辞职了
Six months, he quit.
我没有
I didn’t.
他觉得我欠他钱
He thinks I owe him money.
多少来着
What was it?
50美元
$50?
我知道我不应该说钱的
I know, I shouldn’t talk about money.
我不该不必拿钱开玩笑
I shouldn’t needn’t really joke about money.
尤其是和一个没有幽默感的人
Especially with someone who has no sense of humor.
没错
Yes.
都过去了 我们现在是朋友
It’s all right, we’re friends.
现在他赚了很多钱
And now he makes lots of money.
他的机器比我的卖♥♥得好
And his machines outsell my machines.
对了
Oh, yes.
给你的佛罗里达盐水太妃糖
Salt water taffy for you from Florida.
因为你已经有了其他的一切
Because you have everything else already.
你的棺材在哪里
Where is your coffin?
你不能这样看我而不承担后果
You can’t look at me like this without consequences.
这是一句台词
That’s from a play.
我们会再见面的
We will see each other again.
别往心里去
No hard feelings.
你对她说什么了
What did you say to her?
我没太
I didn’t quite…
我问她的棺材
I asked about her coffin.
我猜她把棺材放在酒店了
I guess she keeps it in her hotel.
为尼亚加拉水力发电站
For the Niagara hydroelectric power plant,
特斯拉设计了全新的机器
Tesla designs completely new machines,
前所未有的发电机 比之前造的所有机器
unprecedented generators, fives times bigger
都大了五倍
than anything ever built.
还有变压器 马达 传输线 涡轮
Plus transformers, motors, transmission lines, turbines.
它的供电量和供电范围都是革命性的
Revolutionary in their power and range.
他没有发明交流电
He didn’t invent alternating current.
没有人发明
Nobody did.
但是他的系统使交流电在世界上
But his system makes it practical and possible to use
任何地方都能高效地使用成为了可能
everywhere efficiently throughout the world.
他的系统已被分解为40项基本专利
His system had to be broken down into 40 fundamental patents.
是自电♥话♥发明以来最有价值的专利
Most valuable patent since the invention of the telephone.
咱们走着瞧
We’ll see about that.
上周在圣路易斯 超过4000人
In St. Louis last week, over 4,000 people
参加了他的讲座
attended his lecture.
耶鲁大学授予了他荣誉学位
Yale gave him an honorary degree,
还有哥伦比亚大学
then Columbia.
你已经看过杂♥志♥上的文章了
You’ve seen the articles in the magazine.
现在他又获得了关于无线电的八项新专利
And now, already he has eight new patents for wireless energy.
利用高频波的电磁脉冲
Electromagnetic pulses using high frequency waves.
你认识他
You know him.
你也和他交谈过
You’ve talked to him.
他是在寻找一位投资人
Is he looking for an investor
还是一位妻子
or a wife?
节欲是通往觉悟的道路
Chastity is a path to enlightenment.
伟大的发明家不应该结婚
A great inventor should never marry.
你意识到这个了
You realize this?
是我们的思想塑造了我们
We are what our thoughts have made us.
我相信这一点
I believe that.
所以照顾好你的想法
So take care about what you think.
思想是有生命的
Thoughts live,
能够传至远方
they travel far.
我的目标是开♥发♥一套全新的通信系统
My aim is to develop an entirely new system of communication.
是的 你说过
Yes, you’ve said…
采用新的原理
Using new principles.
电♥信♥♥号♥♥ 声音甚至图像
Electric symbols, voices even photographs
从空中传送
transmitted through the air.
你可以在你的无线船上
Well you could load your wireless boat
载满炸♥药♥ 放入水中
with a cargo of dynamite, submerge it,
遥控它到指定地点 然后引爆♥炸♥药
make it swim along and then explode the dynamite…
-我可以 但是 -它能炸毁一艘军舰吗
– I could, but… – It’ll blow up, say, a battleship?
我所想的比这个重要得多
But I was thinking much bigger than that.
它有很多应用领域
Oh, it has many applications.
是的 它将改变世界的运作方式
Yes, it will transform the way the world works.
一套完整的系统
An entire system.
我知道
I know.
这是个悖论 但却又是真的
It’s a paradox, yet true,
我们学到得越多 反而变得越发无知
that the more we learn, the more ignorant we become
在绝对意义上
in the absolute sense.
只有觉悟了我们才能意识到
It’s through enlightenment that we are made aware
自身的局限
of our limitations.
所以我才要去科罗拉多
That’s why I’m going to Colorado.
那里很远
That’s far.
为什么
Why?
空气 海拔 雷暴
The air, altitude, lightning storms.
我的大脑只不过是个接收器
My brain is only a receiver.
宇宙中存在一处核心
In the universe, there is a core from which
我们从那里接收一切信息 灵感
we receive all information, inspiration,
知识和力量
knowledge, and strength.
我知道这不容易
I know it’s not simple
平静地去爱
to be able to love calmly.
去信任而无需担忧
To trust without fear.
带着无限的精力
To commit yourself to really difficult tasks
投身于无比艰深的工作中
with unlimited energy.
被证明是对的和被爱 哪一种感觉更好
Is it better to be vindicated or to be loved?
理想主义和资本主义水火不容
Idealism cannot work hand in hand with capitalism.

True
还是错
or false?
梦想和智慧足以拯救世界吗
Are dreams and intelligence enough to save the world?

Is your
卓越的能力
heightened ability,
你的才华
your brilliance
是恩赐还是诅咒
a blessing or a curse?
你越来越会提问了
You have become much better at asking questions.
科罗拉多州 斯普林斯市 1♥8♥9♥9年5月30日
危险 禁止入内
在科罗拉多 特斯拉开始深居简出地工作
In Colorado, Tesla disappears into his work.
做历史上从没有人做过的实验
Conducting experiments that have never been duplicated
或是完全理解的
or fully understood.
他试图让天上和地上的电同步
He was synchronizing electricity in the sky and the earth
通过让电流涌过他的放大发射机
with currents surging through his magnifying transmitter.
又名特斯拉线圈
A.K.A., a Tesla coil.
这项工作好比为大海画像
It was like getting the ocean to sit for a portrait.
向你问好 摩根小姐
Salutations, Miss Morgan
从阿尔塔·维斯塔宾馆
from the Alta Vista Hotel.
我的同伴 来自纽约的洛温斯坦先生
Mr. Lowenstein, my associate from New York
饱受高原反应困扰
has been troubled by altitude sickness,
但我却为这里的气候而欢欣鼓舞
but I am invigorated by the climate.
平静的天空与猛烈的雷暴
Skies of dazzling calm alternating with
交替出现
storms of great violence.
我们尚未目睹传说中的科罗拉多火球
We have not seen Colorado’s legendary fireballs,
不过我打算自己制♥造♥
but I intend to generate them myself.
我在此工作的核心内容不能公开
The essential aspects of my work here must remain veiled,
就像人们说的 秘而不宣
as they say, in secrecy.
待我的工作成果揭晓后 世人将为之震惊
When my results are revealed, humanity will be like
就像被棍棒惊扰的蚁群
an ant heap stirred up with a stick.
我在当地找了个聪明的男孩做助手
I’ve enlisted the aid of a bright, local boy
他说他不知道电是什么
who humbly assures us he doesn’t know what electricity is.
我很严肃地告诉他
I tell him with great seriousness,
“没有人知道电是什么”
“No one knows what it is.”
每个人都是一台引擎
Every human being is an engine
推动着宇宙运转
geared to the wheel work of the universe.
你干的好事
You did that.
整台发电机都烧着了
The whole God damn generator is on fire.
你让它短路了
You threw a short on the line!
我让大地♥产♥生了电谐振
I set the earth in electrical resonance.
你让整个镇子都他妈停电了
You blacked out the whole God damn town,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!