是谁对这两个人感兴趣呢
Who’s interested in these two anyway?
我确实不清楚
I don’t know for sure.
是司法部门
The Justice Department?
不是
No.
那应该是该死的税务局了
I figure it must be the Infernal Revenue.
他们的录音总是让我昏昏欲睡
Their tapes always put me to sleep.
你什么时候开始在这儿从事监听工作的
Since when are you here to be entertained?
有时候知道他们说些什么也不错
Sometimes it’s nice to know what they’re talking about.
我不在乎他们说些什么
I don’t care what they’re talking about.
我想要的是效果良好 内容充实的录音
All I want is a nice, fat recording.
你好 科尔先生
Hello, Mr Caul.
生日快乐
And happy birthday.
生日快乐 哈利
Happy birthday, Harry.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.

Hello.
喂 呃 你是伊万吉里斯塔太太吗
Hello, uh, Mrs Evangelista?
呃 是的
Uh, yes.
我是楼上的哈利·科尔
This is Harry Caul from upstairs.
嗯 嗯…
Uh, uh…
是的
Yes.
呃…
Well…
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
谢谢
Thank you.
呃…嗯
Uh-huh.
是的 呃 你真是个好人
Yes, well, you’re really very nice.

Yes.
呃 可是…
Uh, but…
我知道 呃…
I know, uh…
是的 我看到了 嗯
Yes, I found it. Yes.
不过我想和你说的是 呃…
But what I wanted to talk to you about was, uh…
你是怎样把礼物放进我的公♥寓♥里的
How did you put it in the apartment?
呃…嗯
Uh-huh.
没错
Right.
呃 那警报器呢
Well, what about the alarm?
噢 是吗
Oh, you did?

Well…
呃…
uh…
我还以为只有我有钥匙
I thought I had the only key.
呃…嗯
Uh-huh.
呃 万一出现紧急情况就可以…
Well, what emergency could possibly…
好吧
All right.

Yes.
唔 我会很高兴地
Well, see, I would be perfectly happy…
把自己的所有私人物件
to have all my personal things…
一把火烧掉
burned up in a fire…
因为我根本没有私人物件
because I don’t have anything personal.
一点都不值钱
Nothing of value.
除了我的钥匙之外 其他都不是私人物件
Nothing personal except my keys…
我只想要唯一的一套钥匙
which I would like to have the only copy of…
伊万吉里斯塔太太
Mrs Evangelista.
伊万吉里斯塔太太
Mrs Evangelista…
你怎么知道今天是我生日
how’d you know it was my birthday?
我记得以前没告诉过你啊
Nah. I don’t remember telling you.
想猜一下我几岁吗
Would you like to take a guess how old I am?
44岁呃 猜得不错啊
44. Well, that’s a very good guess.
伊万吉里斯塔太太
Mrs Evangelista…
从今天起 我的信件会寄去邮局的信箱
as of today, my mail will go to a post office box…
那个邮箱没有钥匙
with a combination on it and no keys.
再见
Goodbye.
早上好 哈利
Morning, Harry.
早上好
Morning.
这儿有篇文章
There’s an article in here…
是关于那个交流会的
about the convention.
上面提到了你的名字
It mentions your name.
你是明晚参加交流会的
You’re one of the notables…
其中一位显著人物
who’s going tomorrow night.
我告诉过他们我会去的
I told them I’d be there.
听听这段文章
Listen to this here.
听着
Listen.
“预期会出席的
“Among those pre-eminent in the field…
卓越人物
expected to attend…
包括来自三藩市的
are Hal Lipset and Harry Caul…
郝尔·里普赛特和哈利·科尔
from San Francisco.
肯尼斯·思波力
Kenneth Sperry will speak…
会作关于监督和法律的演讲”
on Surveillance and The Law.
等一下
Wait a minute.
听听这段到底在哪儿
Listen to this. Where the hell is it?
“来自密歇根州底特律市的
“Also attending will be William P. Moran…
威廉·皮·莫伦也将参加”
of Detroit, Michigan.”
威廉·皮·莫伦啥时候起
Since when did William P. Moran of Detroit, Michigan…
成为了卓越人物的
become pre-eminent in the field?
噢 他在那儿是个重要人物
Oh, he’s very big there.
想要杯咖啡吗
You want some coffee?
就是他告诉克莱斯勒汽车
He’s the guy that told Chrysler…
卡迪拉克汽车正在除去其侧翼
that Cadillac was getting rid of its fins.
这已是前一阵子发生的事了
It was a while ago…
那时候这可是一件大事
but it was a big thing at the time.
12月2日 下午1点
December 2nd, 1 p.m.
购物袋
Shopping bag…
“A”组
unit “A”.
12月2日 下午1点
December 2nd, 1 p.m.
大厦”B”组
Parabolic, unit “B”.
12月2日 下午1点
December 2nd, 1 p.m.
巴黎市招牌”G”组
City of Paris, unit “C”.
醒来吧
Wake up
醒来吧 你这个嗜睡的家伙
Wake up, you sleepyhead
达达达达达达…
Da da da da da da
你怎样想
What do you think?
我还不知道自己准备在圣诞节送什么给他呢
I don’t know what I’m going to get him for Christmas yet.
他已经得到了所有东西
He’s already got everything.
他不再需要什么了
He doesn’t need anything any more.
呃…
Well…
我还没决定
I haven’t decided what I’m going…
送什么给你呢
to get you yet.
…在圣诞节送什么给他呢
…get him for Christmas yet.
他已经得到了所有东西
He’s already got everything.
他不再需要什么了
He doesn’t need anything any more.
呃 我还没决定给你什么呢
Well, I haven’t decided what I’m going to get you yet.
唔 你最好开始寻找礼物了
Well, you better start looking.
呃 那我的呢
Well, what about me?
你会知道的
You’ll see.
喔 你真是很有趣啊
Whoo! A lot of fun you are.
你应该和我开开玩笑
You’re supposed to tease me…
给我点暗示
give me hints…
让我猜一猜嘛
make me guess, you know.
你觉得烦吗
Does it bother you?
什么
What?
走了一圈又一圈
Walking around in circles.
噢 瞧 真可怜
Oh, look. That’s terrible.
他并没有伤害任何人
He’s not hurting anyone.
我们也没有伤害任何人
Neither are we.
噢 上帝
Oh, God.
每次我一见到这些老人 我…
Every time I see one of those old guys, I…
每次我一见到这些老人
Every time I see one of those old guys…
就总会想起同一件事
I always think the same thing.
你想起了什么
What do you think?
我总在想 他曾经是某人的小儿子
I always think he was once somebody’s baby boy.
我真的是这样想
No, really, I do.
我想他曾经是某人的小儿子
I think he was once somebody’s baby boy…
他也有
and he had a mother and a father…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!