Hmm. Corn chowder.
有趣的口味
That’s an interesting choice.
你知道这里面有很多脂肪
You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder.
那这里的女孩都不吃东西
So none of the girls here eat anything?
自从二号♥变成四号♥ 还有零号♥变成二号♥ 就不吃了
Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two.
这里的号♥码指衣服尺寸
我是六号♥ 那就要变成十四号♥了
Well, I’m a six. Which is the new 14.
哦 该死
Oh. Shoot.
哦 没关系 你一定还有很多其它化纤衣服
Oh, never mind. I’m sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came from.
你觉得我的衣服难看
Okay. You think my clothes are hideous.
我知道了
I get it.
但 你知道我不会一直留在时尚界
But, you know, I’m not going to be in fashion forever…
我不想为了这个工作改变自己
so I don’t see the point of changing everything about myself just because I have this job.
真是说对了
Yes, that’s true.
这个值好几亿的产业 就只关心一件事 对不对
That’s really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway, isn’t it?
内在美
Inner beauty.

Hello.
好 快来
Right. Come on.
马琳达提前半小时开始了选拔
Miranda’s pushed the run-through up a half an hour. Mmm!
她通常都早到十五分钟 意思是
She’s always 15 minutes early. Which means?
你迟到了 来 该死
You’re already late. Come. Shoot!
借过
Excuse me.
拉维兹先生
Mr. Ravitz.
奈杰尔
Nigel.
工作顺利吗 哦 是的 至今最成功的一个九月
Issue going well? Oh, yes. Our best September ever.
很好 听说马琳达取消秋季夹克衫 选了赛多纳的设计
Great. Heard Miranda killed autumn jackets and pulled up the Sedona shoot.
那要花掉我多少钱
What’s that costing me?
大概三十万
About 300,000.
那些夹克肯定发霉了
Must have been some lousy jackets.
俄弗·拉维兹 哦 对不起
Irv Ravitz. Oh, I’m sorry.
这位是安迪·塞克斯 马琳达的新助理
This is Andy Sachs, Miranda’s new assistant.
恭喜你 年轻人
Congratulations, young lady.
女生会为这工作发疯的
A million girls would kill for that job.
再见
Bye-bye.
嗯 艾丽雅斯·克拉克的总裁 俄弗·拉维兹
Hmm? Chairman of Elias-Clarke, Irv Ravitz.
知道别人怎么说他的 个子小野心大
You know what they say? Tiny man, huge ego.
不行 都过时了
No. And I’ve seen all this before.
瑟斯肯斯尝试重新引进露背款式 所以
Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it’s…
其他裙子呢 这里有一些
Where are all the other dresses? We have some right here.
站着 边看边听 我认为这样很时髦
Stand, watch and listen. And I think it can be very interesting…
不 不 我 真搞不懂
No. No, I just… It’s just baffling to me.
为什么做个顺利的挑选会这么难
Why is it so impossible to put together a decent run-through?
你们有这么多时间准备 真让我搞不懂
You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It’s just so confusing to me.
广♥告♥部的人呢
Where are the advertisers?
我们从巴纳纳拿来这些 我们还需要更多 是吗
We have some pieces from Banana Republic. We need more, don’t we?
哦 这个 这个可以 你们觉得呢 是啊
Oh. This is… This might be… What do you think of… Yeah.
哦 你知道我这人
Well, you know me.
一条芭蕾舞裙加一点造型 我绝对赞成
Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I’m on board.
你不觉得有点太 像七月刊的卡奎
But do you think it’s too much like… Like the Lacroix from July?
我想过 但只要找对饰品 我就觉得能行
I thought that, but no, not with the right accessories. It should work.
这裙子的腰带呢 就不能都准备好吗
Where are the belts for this dre… Why is no one ready?
这里 但有点麻烦
Here. It’s a tough call.
该挑哪个 嗯
They’re so different. Hmm.
很好笑吗
Something funny?
不 不 没什么
No. No, no. Nothing’s…
只是 这两条腰带几乎一模一样
You know, it’s just that both those belts look exactly the same to me.
其实 我还在学这东西 呃
You know, I’m still learning about this stuff and, uh…
“这 东西”
“This… stuff”?
好了 我知道了
Oh. Okay. I see.
你觉得这和你无关
You think this has nothing to do with you.
你去自己的衣橱
You go to your closet…
选择 我不知道 比如你那松垮的蓝色绒线衫
and you select… I don’t know… that lumpy blue sweater, for instance…
试着告诉世人你的人生重要到
because you’re trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously…
你无法关心自己的穿着
to care about what you put on your back.
但你要知道那衣服不仅仅是蓝色
But what you don’t know is that that sweater is not just blue.
不是绿色 也不是青色
It’s not turquoise. It’s not lapis.
而是天蓝色
It’s actually cerulean.
你还轻率地忽视很多事情
And you’re also blithely unaware of the fact…
像奥斯卡·德拉伦塔在二零零二年 设计过一系列天蓝色的晚礼服
that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns.
然后 我估计是圣罗兰 是吗
And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent… wasn’t it…
设计出天蓝色的军式夹克衫
who showed cerulean military jackets?
我认为还需要件外套 嗯
I think we need a jacket here. Mmm.
之后天蓝色就成了 其他八位不同设计师的最爱
And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers.
然后放入其名下的商店
And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores…
最后慢慢掺入可悲的 CC
and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner…
CC Casual Corner 提倡舒适的美国中档品牌
才让你从她们的打折货中掏到
where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin.
总之 那蓝色值几千万
However, that blue represents millions of dollars…
花费了数不尽的心血
and countless jobs…
滑稽的是 你以为是你选择了这个颜色
and it’s sort of comical how you think that you’ve made a choice…
让自己远离时尚界
that exempts you from the fashion industry…
事实却是
when, in fact…
这屋子里的人帮你从一堆衣服里
you’re wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room…
选了这件绒线衫
from a pile of stuff.
然后说”不 我看不出有这两条
So then I said, “No, I couldn’t see the difference…
完全相同的腰带有何区别”
between the two absolutely identical belts'”…
你应该看见当时她看我的眼神
and you should have seen the look she gave me!
还以为她脸上的肉要化了一样
I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face.
这不好笑
It’s not funny.
看到别人不安 恶心或者自杀 她才会开心
She’s not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal.
还有那些嘎嗒子却崇拜她
And the Clackers just worship her.
什么子 她们叫嘎嗒子
The who? They call them Clackers.
高跟鞋接触大理石地面的声音
The sound that their stilettos make in the marble lobby.
就像”嘎达 嘎达 嘎达 嘎达”
It’s like, “Clack, clack, clack. Clack, clack.”
她们的样子好像去医癌症似的
And they all act like they’re curing cancer or something.
花费很大精力和时间在
The amount of time and energy…
不重要的会议细节上 然后呢
that these people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for what?
第二天他们就能再花三十万重新拍照片
So that tomorrow they can spend another $300,000 reshooting something…
或许对不需要那些东西的人来说
that was probably fine to begin with…
这好像不算什么
to sell people things they don’t need!
天哪
God!
我都气饱了 什么
I’m not even hungry anymore. What?
怪不得那些女孩那么瘦 哦 不 不
That is why those girls are so skinny. Oh. No, no, no.
哦 不 给我 里面还有八美金的干酪呢
Give me that. There’s, like, eight dollars ofJarlsberg in there.
知道吗
You know what?
我只要忍♥一年 一年
I just have to stick it out for a year. One year.
之后就能做我来纽约该做的事
And then I can do what I came to New York to do.
我决不能输给马琳达 决不会
But I can’t let Miranda get to me. I won’t.
别太勉强了
Easy there, tiger.
哦 早上好 马琳达 接通埃塞克
Oh, good morning, Miranda. Get me Isaac.
我没见着我的早饭 鸡蛋呢 我要的鸡蛋呢
I don’t see my breakfast here. Are my eggs here? Where are my eggs?
借过
Excuse me!
去内衣设计那儿取偏光板
Pick up the Polaroids from the lingerie shoot.
去检修刹车
Have the brakes checked on my car.
我昨天早上拿到的那份文件呢
Where’s that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning?
双胞胎需要新的冲浪板或者趴板 总之寒假用得着的东西
The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring break.
喂 她们还要沙滩拖鞋
Hello. The twins also need flip-flops.
啊 哦 天哪
Ow! Oh, my gosh!
去布朗尼克取我的鞋 然后去接派奇特
Pick up my shoes from Blahnik, and then go get Patricia.
Monolo Blahnik 高级女鞋品牌
她是谁 好孩子 好孩子
Who’s that? Good girl! Good girl! Good girl!
去买♥♥我在曼蒂森看中的那张小圆桌
Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison.
为今晚晚餐定一家评价好的餐馆
Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good review.
接通埃塞克 寄出三十六份感谢信
Get me Isaac. Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today.
人都去那儿了 为什么没人在工作
Where is everyone? Why is no one working?
接通迪马休里耶
Get me Demarchelier.
马琳达·皮斯利的助手 好的
I have Miranda Priestly calling for… Okay.
帕特里克在线
I have Patrick.
谢天谢地 星期五了
Thank God it’s Friday, right?
马琳达会在迈阿密 这周末不用待命了
At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don’t have to be on call this weekend.
我父亲从俄亥俄州来看我
You know, my dad’s coming in from Ohio.
我们出去吃饭 可能去看《芝加哥》
Yeah, we’re gonna go out to dinner, maybe see Chicago.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章阿拉丁
下一篇文章精灵旅社2
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!