It was society that crippled Richard, not childbirth.
读读你们手里的剧本儿.
Read your text.
他把那两个小男孩儿送上了塔…
He sent those two little boys up to the tower…
(两个小男孩:理查三世的侄子,理查三世篡位后将他俩囚禁伦敦塔)
…从此没人再看见过他们俩.
…and nobody ever saw them again.
为什么?看看大家能不能明白.
We know why, don’t we?
我这次想要呈现的理查,打个比方,是一个被扒光了的理查.
What I want to do here is to strip Richard bare, metaphorically.
我们不要他驼背.
Let’s get rid of the hump.
我们不要那些扭曲的肢体表现,而是以当今的观点去诠释这个角色.
Let’s get rid of the twisted extremities and show him the way he would be today.
一个扮成国王的王后!
The Queen who wanted to be King!
– 嗯?
– Yes?
– 提个问题.
– Question.
你是认真的吗?
Are you serious?
你有什么异议,艾略特?
What’s the objection, Elliot?
第一,演理查的是我.
Number one, I have to play it.
第二,我喜欢演他的驼背和瘸腿.
Number two, I like the hump and the clubfoot.
第三,我已经为此练了好几个月了.
Number three, I’ve been workin’on the part for months.
我尊重你所说的.
I respect that.
我们坐在这儿不就是为了交流意见吗,对不对?
That’s why we’re here, isn’t it?To exchange ideas.
告诉我,你是怎么看待理查的?猛张飞式的爷们儿?是吗?
Tell me, how do you see Richard?Mr. Macho? Is that it?
我倒没觉得这哥们儿要猛得跟个橄榄球运动员似的…
I don’t think the guy is a linebacker for the Chicago Bears…
…可我们别忘了他有一个主要动机
…but let’s not throw away one of his prime motivations.
什么动机?
What’s that?
他想睡了安夫人!
He wants to hump Lady Anne!
对,是有这么一说儿.
Yes, I’ve heard that before.
我不想给你施压,你先按着我的路子试试.
I don’t want to pressure you.Let’s just try it my way.
我们先念一遍第一幕剧本.
Let’s read through the first act.
你一定要相信我,相信我吧.
Please, trust me.
第一幕.
Act 1.
– 第一场.
– Scene 1.
– 打扰一下!对不起!
– Excuse me!
我就问一下儿,你是想让我站在桌子上,还是站在楼上扎猛子?
Just how far off the diving board do you want me to jump?
你别害怕,大胆地演,别给我演成贝特·米德勒就行.
Don’t give me Bette Midler but let’s not be afraid to be bold.
(贝特·米德勒:美国女喜剧演员)
– 大胆儿?
– Bold?
– 大胆.
– Bold.
“第一幕,第一场.
“Act 1, Scene 1.
“理查上场,格洛斯特公爵时期.”
“Enter Richard, Duke of Gloucester.”
“现在我们严冬般的宿怨…”
“Now is the winter of our discontent Made…”
抱歉,我酝酿一下儿.就1秒.
Sorry. Excuse me. One second.
“现在我们严冬…
“Now is the winter…
“现在我们严冬般的宿…”对不起,我能先休息5分钟吗?
“Now is the winter of our discontent…”May I have a five-minute break, please?
休息5分钟!
Five minutes!
大家都休息5分钟吧!
Five-minute break, everybody!
39.哦我的天.
Thirty-nine. Oh, my God.
40.
Forty.
就这么多了.我做不了了.
That’s all? I can’t do anymore.
60个!你说做60个!
60! You said 60!
不行,肌肉拉伤了,我就别跳舞了!
No, the muscles are gone! I can’t dance!
不该出这馊主意.
It was a dumb idea.
我死了谁养活你.
I am going to put you up for adoption.
给老妈拿听儿可乐.
Get your old mother a Coke.
不行,长肉.
Fattening.
给我拿来.
Get me the Coke.
再废话妈妈揍你.
Mother doesn’t want to beat the crap out of you.
没有毅力的人!
No willpower!
我不行了.
I’ve died.
我真的快不行了.
I’ve truly died.
进来吧,安宝贝儿.
Enter, sweet Anne.
(安宝贝儿:话剧中理查三世骗娶的妻子)
– 你是单身?
– You live alone?
– 是呀!
– Yeah!
凑巧,我和住在这儿的其他两个人都是单身.
Fortunately, the other people who live here also live alone.
我帮你拿外套儿吧 .
Let me take your coat.
谢谢.
Thanks.
嘿,露西,这是朗达.
Hey, Lucy, this is Rhonda.
朗达,露西.露西,朗达.
Rhonda, Lucy. Lucy, Rhonda.
– 你好啊.
– Hello.
– 你好.
– Hi.
你干什么呢?
What are you doin’?
帮我妈做仰卧起坐.
Sitting on my mother.
呵呵~声音可能会引起误会,让你妈尽量小点儿声儿.
Sounds like fun. You want to keep it down?
朗达和我去卧室对戏.一会儿见.
Rhonda and I will be workin’in my bedroom. See you later.
– 晚安.
– Good night.
– 晚安.
– Good night.
我敢打赌…
I’ll bet.
我听见噪音了.是不是他回来了?
I heard voices. Was that him?
嗯,他还拿走两个苹果.
He took two apples.
– 你把账记下来啦?
– Did you write it down?
– 我没笔.
– I didn’t have a pencil.
我不是跟你说了吗,他拿咱们东西赶紧记下来.
I told you, write everything down.
他就是喝杯水也要记下来,咱们可不是开酒店的.
If he takes a glass of water, write it down.We’re not running a hotel.
你为什么不喜欢他?
Why don’t you like him?
谁请他来的?这就是我不喜欢他的原因.
Who invited him? That’s why I don’t like him.
如果他不是演员,而是律师或着医生,那你会喜欢他吗?
If he were a lawyer or a doctor instead of an actor, would you like him?
我不喜欢他.刚开始还没什么,
I wouldn’t like him if I liked him.
后来他把我惹火儿了.
He grates on me.
我倒觉得他挺可爱的.
I think he’s kind of cute.
他能让我联想到一只没人要的狗.
He reminds me of a dog that nobody wants.
你可别觉着他可爱.
You are never to think he’s cute, never.
他为什么拿走两个的苹果?
Why’d he want two apples?
他一个,给一个女的一个.
One for him, one for her.
什么一个女的?
What her?
他带了一个女孩儿,在那屋儿.
He’s got a girl in there.
这是我的家!他带一个女孩儿进了卧室?你刚才为什么不跟我说?
In my house! A girl in the bedroom?Why didn’t you say something?
对不起,你想让我把那个女孩儿也记在账上吗?
I’m sorry. You want me to write girls down, too?
– 你敲的门?
– You knocked?
– 我能和你私下谈谈吗?
– Can I talk to you in private?
现在不是时候儿.明天吃早点时再谈吧?
It’s a bad time. How about at breakfast?
你屋里有个女孩儿?
Is that a girl in there?
我也这么想的.
I certainly hope so.
别在我家行吗.我接受不了这种事儿.
Not in my house.I won’t put up with this sort of thing.
哪种事儿?
What sort of thing?
你屋儿里也有个女孩儿,我可没反对过.
You have a girl in your room and I don’t object.
朗达,这是宝拉·麦克法登.大姐在介壁儿斜对门儿住.
This is Paula McFadden.Mac lives just down the bedroom apiece.
大姐,这是朗达·芳塔娜,一位才华横溢的年轻演员.
Mac, this is Rhonda Fontana,a gifted and rising young actress.
不用起来.
Don’t rise.
– 你好.
– Hi.
– 你好.
– Hello.
我们能谈谈吗?这很有必要.
Can we talk? This is serious.
休息一会儿!
Take a break!
– 出去!
– Out?
– 出去!
– Out?
和她一块儿出去!外边儿有汽车旅馆做那种事儿.
Her, out! They have motels for that sort of activity.
我这儿有个10岁到了青春期的闺女…
I have an impressionable 10-year-old daughter…
…我不想让她受你们影响.
…and this isn’t one of the impressions I want her picking up.
你现在带着这位才华横溢的年轻演员从这儿出去!
Now you get that “rising young actress”the hell out of there!
从哪儿出去?让我从我自己花钱租的公♥寓♥出去,然后你在这儿住着?
Out of where? Out of my rented apartment you’re staying in…
…是不是因为我好心收留你们了?
…out of the goodness of my heart?
我愿意带什么人就带什么人来…
I will bring home anyone or anything I choose…
…就算我带回来一只澳大利亚袋鼠儿,你也管不着我…
…including a one-eyed Episcopalian kangaroo
…这是我自己的个人爱好.
…if that happens to be my kinky inclination.
告诉你,我们是在排练理查三世的第一幕第四场戏.
As for what’s going on, we’re rehearsing Act 1, Scene 4 of Richard III.
我遇上了一个从火星来的白♥痴♥导演,我得自己想尽一切办法把这出儿戏演好了.
I have a cretin from Mars directing the play and I need all the help I can get.
但不管怎么样,我和那个美人儿发生任何事儿…
However, if I choose to attempt to have carnal knowledge of that gorgeous bod…
…那也是她的选择,我的问题,和你一点儿关系都没有.
…that’ll be her option, my problem,and none of your business.
你怎么不想想之前发生的事儿对露西有什么影响?
What do you think was Lucy’s impression of what was going on…
…托尼叔叔爱妈妈,在妈妈房♥间里边爱妈妈.可这位迪弗瑞斯特先生怎么跑了,嗯?
…in Momma’s bedroom with Tony “love ’em and leave ’em” DeForrest?
嘿~大姐.你怎么不把灯关上?开着灯太浪费电了.
Why don’t you turn off some of the lights?We’re runnin’ up a heck of a bill.
没事儿吧?
You okay?
没事儿.我们睡觉吧.
I’m fine. Let’s go to sleep.
你生气是不是因为他们在里边儿胡搞?
Are you upset because they’re messing around in there?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!