我们到站了,快点儿.
Here’s our stop, come on.
下周这个时候…我们就在加利福尼亚了!
This time next week… California!
你兴不兴奋呀?
You excited?
我跟你一样,我都等不及了.
Me, too. I can’t wait.
你去过那儿吗?
Were you ever there?
去过一次,和别人一块儿参加音乐剧巡演时,待了六个礼拜.
Once, for six weeks,touring with some musical.
那次巡演期间我们还一块儿去游泳呢,那可是12月月中的时候…
In the middle of December we went swimming…
– 哪部音乐剧?
– Which musical?
– 你管音乐剧是什么干嘛?
– What’s the difference?
我是想要告诉你那儿有多美.
I’m tryin’ to tell you how beautiful it’s gonna be.
言归正传,我们即将去某座小山上找到某个小屋子住下来.
We’re gonna look for a little house way up in the hills.
是在电影制片厂附近吗?
Near the movie studios?
对啊,你的窗户会正好儿朝着华纳兄弟公♥司♥.
Yes, your window will face Warner Bros.
你躺在自己的床上就能看见他们把世界炸飞了.挺不错的吧?
You can watch them blow up the world from your bed. All right?
哦,天呐.你猜我们在那儿会不会拥有结满橘子的树?能结柠檬也行啊.
Oh, God. Can you imagine your very own orange tree? And lemons!
我猜那部音乐剧是屋顶上的小提琴手.
I think the musical was Fiddler on the Rool.
(屋顶上的小提琴手:农夫被赶出家园被迫抛弃传统开始新生活).
当时我留在家里姥姥照看的我,我那时才4岁半.
I stayed with Grandma. I was 4½.
你从来就没4岁半过.你生下来就26了!
You were never 4½. You were born 26!
你觉得我不会留级吧?
Do you think I’ll be in the same grade?
你当然不会了!那儿的一切都跟这儿一样,只不过那儿早了3个小时.
Of course you will! Everything’s the same out there, only it’s three hours earlier.
你毕业的时间还能提前一点儿.
You’ll graduate younger.
我们班有个从加利福尼亚转学过来的女生.
A girl from California’s in our class.
她以前跟海伦·瑞狄的闺女一起上学.
She went to school with Helen Reddy’s daughter.
同学们看了你的相片儿以后,你知道他们会怎么说你吗?
What about you?After this picture they’ll be saying:
“托尼·迪弗瑞斯特的小女儿来了”
“There goes Tony DeForrest’s little girl.”
对~可他又不是明星,他只不过是一个演员.
Yeah, but he’s not a star,he’s just an actor.
明星们都是从当演员开始的.
Stars have to be actors first.
– 还有他也不是我亲爸!
– And he’s not really my father!
– 你是一个特别轴的事儿妈!
– You’re such a stickler for details!
我能不能先让托尼看看我的东西?
Can I show Tony all my things first?
等会儿再说.你先把作业写了.
Later. You have homework to do.
再过四天我们就搬家了.我还用写作业吗?
We’re moving in four days.Do I have to do homework?
要是这几天他们教些让你开窍儿的呢?
Suppose between now and Friday they teach brain surgery?
(brain surgery:脑科手术)
我可不想让你错过去.
I wouldn’t want you to miss it.
妈妈,上礼拜上科学试验课我已经开了窍儿了.
We had it last week in science.
– 你是认真的吗?
– Are you serious?
– 傻子!你就跟个傻子似的!你知道吗?
– Dumb! You know you’re dumb!
我不知道!我刚才琢磨着也许是解剖青蛙你给它开的窍儿.我知道什么我知道?
I thought maybe in frog dissection.What do I know?
我能给他看看我的新毛衣和牛仔裤吗?
Can I just show him my new sweater and jeans?
好吧!
All right!
但你得先洗洗脸,拢拢头.
But wash your face and brush your hair.
不能化妆!
And no makeup!
托尼?
Tony?
亲爱的?
Sweetheart?
你是在浴室吗?
You in the bathroom?
我们把亚历山大超♥市♥的东西都扫荡干净了!
We cleaned out Alexander’s!
我们把特♥价♥的都买♥♥了…
We bought everything on sale…
…你最好喜欢我买♥♥的东西,因为它们不能退.
…so you’d better like it’cause we can’t exchange it.
我给你买♥♥了件礼物.宝贝儿?
I bought you a present. Babe?
快出来看看!
Come out and see!
宝贝儿?
Babe?
哦,我的天!
Oh, my God!
怎么了?
What happened?
他走了!
He’s gone!
他扔下我们走了!
He left without us!
去加利福尼亚啦?
For California?
去意大利了.
For Italy.
– 我能念念吗?
– Can I read it?
– 嗯.
– Yeah.
“亲爱的宝拉,这封信写起来实在不太容易.
“Dear Paula,this isn’t an easy letter to write.
一开头儿就不太好,是吧?
Doesn’t start off too good, does it?
“这不幸的消息我该从何说起呢?
“Where in the hell do I begin?
“你知道,你和那个小孩儿对于我意味着很多.
“You know, you and the kid mean a lot to me.
那个小孩儿?
The kid?
“我回绝了洛杉矶的工作,那不过是一部烂电视剧而已.
“I turned down the job in L.A.It was just a lousy TV picture anyway.
“礼拜一, 斯坦·菲尔茨给我打来一个电♥话♥.
“On Monday, Stan Fields called.
“我得到贝托鲁…”
“I got the Bertolu…”
贝托鲁奇.
Bertolucci.
“贝托鲁奇电影中的一个角色.”
“Bertolucci picture.”
– 谁是贝托鲁奇?
– Who’s Bartolucci?
– 一个意大利导演
– An Italian director.
他导演过什么?
What’d he direct?
你现在先别问这种问题好吗?
What are you asking questions like that now for?
“我要在意大利和西班牙花费6个月的时间来拍摄这部电影
“It’s six months shooting in Spain and Italy.
“这个决定虽然很艰难,但我还是想去试试.我像一头被人抽打的驴…
“It’s a hell of a part, and I want it.I broke my ass…
– 把信给我吧!
– Give me that!
– “驴!”你以为这词儿我没听过啊?
– “Ass!” I’ve heard the word before.
(Ass:和屁♥眼♥儿同义)
“我像一头被人抽打的驴一样干了12年,到头儿来事业也没什么起色.
“I broke my ass for 12 years and things are finally beginning to break for me.
“从你刚开始要搬过来的时候我就告诉过你,住在一起不代表会天长地久.
“I told you when you first moved in here that it was never going to be permanent.
“况且帕蒂还没和我办离婚呢.”
“I’m not even divorced from Patti yet.”
帕蒂是谁呀?
Who’s Patti?
– 我跟你说过她.
– I told you about her.
– 没有,你没说过.
– No, you didn’t.
好吧,我以为你要是知道咱们和一个已婚男人住在一起会难过的.
I thought you would be upset if you knew you were living with a married man.
和他住在一起的是你,别带上我,我在你们隔壁房♥间住.
I wasn’t living with him, you were.I was in the next room.
他们离不离婚其实没什么区别.
They were practically divorced.
“我今天很早就走了,因为我认为告别对我们来说没有任何好处.”
“I left early today because I didn’t think a goodbye scene would do us any good.”
我这辈子从来没读过这么混♥蛋♥的信.
This is one of the worst letters I’ve ever read in my whole life.
这么做太伤人了吧?
Isn’t it terrible?
*加利福尼亚我们来了*
“我其实想留下点儿东西给你和那个孩子.”
“I wish I had something to leave you and the kid.”
他是不是什么都没给我们留?
He didn’t leave us anything?
“为了还高♥利♥贷♥,我不得不把手表和照相机卖♥♥了.”
“I had to sell my watch and camera to pay off the loan sharks.”
– 他欠高♥利♥贷♥啦?
– He owed money to sharks?
– 我以后再解释怎么回事儿.
– I’ll explain it some other time.
“我知道你会好起来的,你会重新开始跳舞,你还会和以前的你一样.”
“But I know you’ll be all right.You can always go back to dancing.”
跳舞?我33了.我走路都费劲儿了.
Dancing? I’m 33. I can hardly walk anymore.
“你值得拥有一份儿更好的感情.”
“You deserve more than I can give.
“我希望我们两个在这世上都能交到好运.
“I wish the both of us all the luck in the world.
– “告诉那个小孩我爱他.”
– “Love to the kid.”
– 别再念了.
– Don’t read anymore.
就差一个词儿没念了——”托尼.”
There’s just one more word: “Tony.”
把它扔远点儿!
Throw it away!
这是不是意味着我们不去加利福尼亚了?
Does this mean we’re not going to California?
对啊~
Yes.
这意味着我必须做我的作业了,这也对吧?
That means I have to do my homework, right?
我看见你了,宝拉,你别躲着我! 下,上,换边儿.2,3,4.
I see you, Paula. You can’t hide from me!Down, up and over.
再来一遍!
Once again!
我的天!你身子怎么了?你干什么来着?
What have you done to your body?
身子已经死了!给我留点面子吧.
It died! Have a little respect.
再来一遍!
Once again.
加油,宝拉,动起来.
Come on, Paula, push.
是宝拉吗?
Paula?
我是唐娜.唐娜·道格拉斯.
Donna. Donna Douglas.
你在剧团的时候儿我还是个在荡秋千的小孩儿.
I was the swing girl when you were in Company.
奥,是吗!你好,唐娜.
Oh, yes! Hello, Donna.
重塑体型很难吧?
Tough getting back into shape?
当你已经风流快活了两年的时候儿,你会垮到让所有人吃惊.
It’s been two years. It’s amazing how flabby you get when you’re happy.
嗨,克罗斯比太太.
Hi, Mrs. Crosby.
你是今天晚上走还是明天早上走?
You leavin’ tonight or in the mornin’?
对不起,您什么意思?
I’m sorry, what was that?
把你度假的日期做个登记而已.
Just checkin’ on what time you’ll be vacatin’.
我们不去加利福尼亚了.我忘了告诉您了
We’re not going to California.I forgot to tell you.
我同样也忘了告诉你了,你那间公♥寓♥已经转租出去了!
I’m not the only one you forgot to tell!That apartment’s been sublet.
等会儿!
Wait a minute!
怎么回事儿?你说什么呢?
What? What are you talking about?
我们的房♥租一次性付清到6月份.还有3个月到期.
We’re paid up through June.We have three more months.
你不能转租我们的公♥寓♥!
You can’t sublet that apartment!
不是我转租的!是跟你一块儿的小伙子转租的,宝贝儿.
I’m not! Your young man did, honey.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!