雷诺兹死了
Reynolds is dead.
什么?
What?
几天前收到的消息
Got word a few days ago.

No.
真见鬼
Goddamn it.
每次见到那小子 他都在笑
We never saw that kid without a smile on his face.

Yep.
有米诺格的消息吗?
Any word on Minogue?
没有
No.
现在睡会儿吧
Now, let’s get some sleep.
在哪睡?
Where?
这里 怎么 你还想住霍华德约翰逊酒店?
Here. What, are you expecting a Howard Johnson’s?
下雨的话就盖上这个
Throw this on if it gets rainy.
你真的是杜根的邻居?
You really Duggan’s next-door neighbor?

Yeah.
只隔了几个公♥寓♥
Couple of apartments over,
但近得能听见他老爸吼他
but close enough to hear his old man yelling at him.
他嗓门很大
He was a yeller.
你是哪里人?
Where you from?
费城
Philly.
你还有多久能回家?
How long till you go home?
我已经不再算日子了
I don’t really keep track anymore.
你不想乌鸦嘴?
You don’t wanna jinx it?
我第一次服役结束后回家了
I went home after my first tour.
无法融入
I didn’t fit in.
所以我回来了
So, I came back.
来回折腾了两次
Twice.
这里更有家的感觉
I’m way more at home here.
天啊
Christ.
好了 该走了
Come on. Time to go.
结束了吗?
Is it over?
对 你死了
Yeah, you’re dead.
也没那么糟嘛
That wasn’t so bad.
好了 各位 我们出发
Okay, guys. We’re heading out.
等等…别急
Wait, hang on. One second.
先来一罐早餐啤酒
One breakfast beer, first.
-好的 就拿一罐 -谢谢
-All right, just one. -Thanks.
嘿 各位 笑一笑
Hey, fellas. Smile.
-嘿 -给
-Hey. -Here you go.
-谢谢 -真不错
-Thank you. -This is great.
-谁还没拿? -好
-Anyone else? -Yeah.
给 可以贴在你的剪贴簿上
Here, for your scrapbook.
-等90秒再撕开 -明白
-Don’t peel it open for 90 seconds. -Got it.
谢谢你 先生
Thank you, sir.
他在做什么?
What’s he doing?
什么?
What?
抽大♥麻♥?
Just smoking a jay?
要是军士发现了呢?
What if the sergeant finds out?
说不定就是军士卖♥♥给他的
The sergeant probably sold it to him.
听我说 奇基
Look, Chick.
我和战友们很高兴你给我们送来啤酒
Me and my guys are happy as shit you brought us beer.
这是几周来我第一次 看到他们中的一些人笑
It’s the first time I’ve seen a couple of the asswipes smile in weeks.
但我们今天要出发去巡逻 不能带上你
But we’re going out on patrol today, and you can’t come with us.
我是说 你绝不想跟来的
I mean, hell, you don’t wanna come with us.
好 两、三小时后会有直升机来着陆区
All right, there’ll be choppers coming in on the LZ in two to three hours,
等烟尘散了之后
once this shit clears up.
你趁早乘一台离开这里
Try to grab the first one out of here.

Yeah.
好的
Okay.
嘿 我有东西要给你
Hey. I got something for you.
雷诺兹的女朋友让我把这个捎给他
Reynolds’s girlfriend wanted me to give these to him.
我想你能用得上
Guess you could use them.
你坐的不是石头 是大象粪便
That’s not a rock you’re sitting on. That’s elephant shit.
越共训练大象来运设备
VC trains them to move equipment.
-真的? -对
-Really? -Yeah.
答应我你会直接回船上 奇基 你这趟行程就到此为止吧 拜托了
Promise me you’ll go right to your boat, Chick. End it here, please.
好的…行
Yeah. Yeah, okay.
其实我也得走了 我快没时间了
And I kind of got to go anyway. I’m running out of time.
杜根 走了 我们要出发了
Duggan, let’s go. We’re moving out!
马上来 军士
Be right there, Sarge.
多谢你大老远找到这里 奇基
Well, thanks for coming all the way out here, Chick.
你大概是地球上唯一一个 会做出这种事的疯子
You’re probably the only crazy bastard on earth to do something like this.
-嘿 保护好自己 瑞奇 -是
-Hey, stay safe, Ricky. -Yeah.
我们回家见
I’ll see you back in the neighborhood.
不用担心他
Don’t worry about him.
这世上总有些人啊 蠢得想死都死不了
Every once in a while you run into a guy who’s too dumb to get killed.
-嘿 你能载我去西贡吗? -你们要带他去那里?
-Hey, can you take me to Saigon? -Is that where you’re bringing him?
带谁?
Bringing who?
其他人呢?
Where’s the rest of them?
他说:“谁?”
He said, “Who?”
听好了 越共 现在 就把名字供出来 谁是你的同伙?
Listen, Charlie, I want names now. Who’s been helping you?
他说:“我什么都不知道”
He says, “I don’t know anything.”
行 系好安全带
Okay. Strap in!
是时候考验一下这垃圾的飞行能力了
Time to see if this piece of shit can fly!
来吧
Now!

Hey!
给你十秒钟 否则就把你扔下去 我认真的
You’ve got ten seconds or you’re going out the door! I’m serious!
你在做什么?
What the hell are you doing?
谁是你的同伙?
Who’s been helping you?
他发誓什么都不知道
He swears he don’t know anything.
告诉他至少编点什么
Well, tell him he better make something up,
否则就把他扔下去
or he’s going out!
拜托 哥们 让他说他想听的就好了
Come on, man! Just tell him to tell him what he wants!
他招了
We got it!
好 降落吧
Okay! Take her down!
这是哪?这不是西贡
What’s this? This isn’t Saigon.
你说什么呢?你的同伴让我在崑嵩降落
The hell you talking about? Your partner told me to land at Kon Tum.
你是谁来着?
Who are you again?
-只是个游客 和你一样 -这样啊
-Just a tourist, like you! -Yeah?
你找的是哪家旅行社?
Who’s your travel agent?
和你的一样
Same as yours.
我会帮你和老大问好的
I’ll tell the boss you say hi.
抱歉 先生 我找不到去西贡的飞机
Sorry, sir. I can’t find nothing going to Saigon.
继续找 好吗?
Well, keep looking, okay?
我必须早上8点前到港口 所以今晚就得出发
I need to be at the harbor by 8:00 a.m. So I need to get out by tonight.
我可以问问你来时乘的直升机 是否能载你去西贡
I could ask the helicopter you came in on if he could take you to Saigon.
不 我不能上那台
No, I can’t go on that.
有人在机上把午饭吐得到处都是 很恶心
Somebody blew their lunch all over the place. It’s disgusting.
那些呢?
What about those ones?
都出故障了
They’re down.
波来古空军基地的几位机械工 会开车过来修理
Got a couple mechanics driving in from Pleiku air base to pitch in.
我们可以在军营为你准备床铺
We’ll set you up with a bed in the barracks,
-明天下午就送你离开 -我刚说了 我必须在…
-get you out tomorrow afternoon. -I just told you. I have to be back–
波来古那边有直升机吗?
Pleiku, do they have choppers?
当然 那里是直升机基地
Sure, it’s a helicopter base.
-离这里多远? -南部24千米
-Well, how far is it? -Twenty-four klicks due south.
-说英语 -大约25公里
-In American. -About 16 miles.
-能找辆车送我去吗? -今晚做不到 先生
-Well, can you get me a lift there? -Not tonight, sir.
但我可以安排你明天 和机械工一起坐车过去
But I can get you a ride back with the mechanics tomorrow.
-如果我走路呢? -走25公里?
-What if I walk? -Sixteen miles?
-对 我可以沿路搭便车 -先生 这不明智
-Yeah. I could hitch, you know. -Not advisable, sir.
晚上那条路是越共的地盘
The VC own the night on that road.
好 请稍等 我再想想办法
All right. Give me a second. Let me see what I can do.
谢谢
Thanks.
怎么样?
Anything?
没有 但这样吧
No, but tell you what.
我开车送你去波来古
I’ll give you a lift over to Pleiku myself.
真的?你就这样离岗没问题?
Really? You can just leave your post like that?
没事 只要一小时左右回来就好
Yeah. As long as I’m back in an hour or so, I should be okay.
太棒了 洗手间在哪?我得小解
Amazing. Which way’s your head? I gotta take a leak.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!