你可能找到车送我去新山一吗?
Is there any way that you can get me a ride to Tan Son Nhut?
为什么?
Why?
因为我在那有个熟人 他能帮我
Because I got a connection there, and he can help me out.
-是 当然 -谢谢
-Yeah, sure. -Thanks.
总指挥官威廉威斯特摩兰
Commander General William Westmoreland
将大使♥馆♥袭击一事称为越共的失败
described the embassy attack as a Viet Cong defeat.
我认为这是声东击西 让人们忽略他的主要行动
In my opinion, this is diversionary to his main efforts,
他计划在广治省采取的行动
which he had planned to take place in Quang Tri province.
声东击西?
“Diversionary”?
他们不只袭击了大使♥馆♥ 他们袭击了整个城市啊
They didn’t just attack the embassy, they attacked the whole damn city!
“声东击西”
“Diversionary.”
奇基 走吧 来
Chickie. Come on. Let’s go.
-嘿 走吧 -什么?
-Hey, let’s go. -What?
-我找到离开的办法了 -离开哪里?
-I got us a way out. -A way out of where?
越南啊 我联络上一个朋友 他会给我们走后门
Vietnam. I called a friend. He’s pulling some strings for us.
我不需要离开越南
I don’t need to get out of Vietnam.
什么?你在说什么?
What? What are you talking about?
奇基 我是战地记者
I’m a war correspondent, Chick.
这是战争 总得有人在现场做见证
This is a war. Somebody’s got to be here to see what’s going on.
是 我明白的…但就这几天而已
Well, yeah. I get that. I get that, but this is just for a few days.
情况好转后你就可以回来
You can come back as soon as things cool down.
奇基 走了
Chickie, let’s go.
亚瑟 别犯傻 这已经不是战争了
Don’t be dumb, Arthur. This ain’t a war no more.
这是大屠♥杀♥
It’s mass murder.
奇基 战争就是如此 一个大型犯罪现场
That’s what war is, Chick. It’s one giant crime scene.
走吧 奇基 快点 我还得回来 我有工作
Come on, Chickie. Let’s go. I got to get back here. I got a job to do.
嘿 你保重
Hey, take care of yourself.
你也是 亚瑟
You too, Arthur.
嘿 你回家后帮我个忙
Hey, when you get home, do me a favor.
洗个澡
Take a bath.
这台飞机会送你去马尼拉 先生 然后就要靠你自己了
This will get you to Manila, sir. Then you’re on your own.
谢谢你 哈勃肖 你帮了我大忙
Thanks, Habershaw. This is most appreciated.
都是自己人 至少我希望以后会是
Well, we’re all on the same team. At least, I’d like to be.
希望你把这事告诉兰利
I hope you’ll let Langley know about this.
-兰利? -总部的
-Langley? -Headquarters.
对…我会的 其实我会给他写信
Right. Right, I will. Actually, I’m gonna write him a letter.
谢谢 太谢谢你了
Thank you. Thank you so much.
哈勃肖 听着 我必须坦白
Look, Habershaw, I got to come clean.
我不是中情局的
I’m not CIA.
好吧
Yeah, right.
不 真的 我不是
No, really. I’m not.
你不是?
You’re not?
不是
No.
所以
So
你是什么人?
What are you?
我谁都不是
I’m nothing.
还是你们这些家伙厉害啊
You guys are the fucking best.
我都不想知道是怎么一回事
I don’t even want to know.
谢谢了 帕皮 多谢你照顾我
Thanks, Pappy. I appreciate you taking care of me out here.
-我们回家见 -是 当然
-I’ll see you back in the neighborhood. -Yeah, of course.
奇基 你的心肠很好 我比较担心的是你的脑子
You got a good heart, Chickie. It’s your brain that I’m worried about.
人生真是荒谬啊?
This life’s just a crapshoot, huh?
你我这样的混♥蛋♥活着 雷诺兹和米诺格却死了
And assholes like you and me live, while Reynolds and Minogue die.
哥们 汤姆还是可能现身的
Mate, Tommy could still turn up.
他死了 奇基
He’s gone, Chick.
汤姆 他们找到他了
Tommy, they found him.
你确定?
You sure?

Yeah.
天啊 是奇基
No way! Chickie!
快给我过来
Get your ass over here.

Hey.
嘿 瞧瞧谁来了
Hey, look who it is.
-奇基? -奇基
-Chickie? -Chickie!
-嗨 -算我见鬼 他还活着
-Hey. -Son of a bitch, he lives.
-他回来还酒钱了 -不是
-He came back to settle his tab. -No.
旅途如何?一定很精彩
So how was the trip? You must have had a ball.
精彩?老天爷 他去的是战地 一定很可怕
A ball? He was in a war, for Chrissake. It must have been hell.
对 一定很可怕
Yeah. I mean, it must have been hell.
如果你想聊聊 任何时候 我洗耳恭听
And if you ever want to talk about it, ever, I’m here for you.
如果你不想 我就不听
And if you don’t, I won’t.
天啊 你这两边摆的混♥蛋♥
Jesus Christ. You flip-flopping son of a bitch.
我很想你
I missed you.
你听说汤姆的事了吗?
You hear about Tommy?
那孩子死得光荣
The kid died a hero.
奇基 情况到底如何?
So how was it, Chick? Really.
对 我们是不是大获全胜了?
Yeah, are we kicking ass and taking names?

No.
什么?什么意思?
What? Well, what do you mean?
在那边很难判断到底是什么情况
I mean, it’s tough to make sense of anything over there.
战争就是这样 很复杂
Well, that’s what war is. It’s a messy business.
是的…可是 上校 恕我无礼 这一次不同
Yeah. Yeah, but Colonel, all due respect, this is different.
这一次…
It’s
非常混乱
It’s chaotic.
战争都很混乱 不过是有控制的混乱
They all are. But it’s a controlled chaos.
这次不是 那里的混乱是失控的
Not this time. The chaos over there isn’t under control.
完全失控
It’s not under control at all.
听着 我知道我们的祖辈和父亲
Look, I know our granddads and our dads,
远渡重洋 到欧洲拯救世界
they went over to Europe to save the world.
我们今天的军人们与他们一样 值得敬佩 这是当然的
And I would put today’s guys up there with them any day.
毋庸置疑
And I mean any day.
可是我不确定这一次我们是在拯救世界
But I’m not so sure we’re saving the world this time.
无论对错 听起来你需要喝一杯
Well, right or wrong, it sounds like you need a drink.
奇基 找个凳子 第一杯算我的
Chickie, grab a stool. First one’s on me.
前几杯都算我的
Maybe the first couple.
谢了 但我得先做一件事
Thanks. But I got to go do something first.
奇基
Chickie.
很抱歉我没能把这个带给他 米诺格太太
I’m sorry I couldn’t get these to him, Mrs. Minogue.
没关系
It’s okay.
奇基 你去到那里了 我很为你自豪
I’m proud of you for going over there, Chickie.
任何其他人都不会这么做
No one else would do that.
这么做很没意义
It was pointless.
没帮到任何人
It didn’t help no one.
帮了我们啊 英伍德的每个人
It helped us. Everyone in Inwood.
知道有人在那边 问候我们的小伙子们 感觉很好
It felt good knowing that someone was over there, checking on our boys.
这个你留着
Take these.
汤姆一定会希望你留着
Tommy would want you to have them.
不行
No.
是我说服汤姆参战的
I’m the one who talked Tommy into going.
什么?不 是他自己想去的
What? No, he wanted to go.
不 他不想
No, he didn’t.
我知道汤姆害怕 大家都知道
I knew Tommy was scared. Everyone knew.
所以我说服了他
So, I talked him into it.
我不知道为什么 我不希望他感到害怕
I don’t know why. I didn’t want him to be afraid.
但我应该任由他感到害怕的
But I should have let him be afraid.
我应该让他听从自己的内心
I should have let him listen to himself
而不是听我的
instead of listening to me.
对不起
I’m sorry.
-是 我也觉得 -我可以…
-Yeah, I think so. -I can–
各位
Guys.

Hey.

Hey.
你知道大家被你害惨了吗?
Do you know what you’ve put us through?
我们担心极了 永远别再做这种事
We’ve been worried sick. Don’t ever do something like that again.
不会了
I won’t.
所以你有没有把啤酒送给他们
So did you give them their stupid beers,
还是到之前自己喝完了?
or did you drink ’em all before you got there?
啤酒送给他们了
They got the stupid beers.
那对他们来说一定很有意义
Well, I’m sure it meant a lot to them.
你还好吗?
You okay?
我得做出一些改变了
Got to change a few things up.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!