She likes mine!
不过,莱姆西先生 若可以的话,我想要那份食谱
Still, Mr. Ramsey, I would love to get the recipe from you if I could.
她已经醉昏头了
She’s mad drunk already!
把它写进文章里一定很棒
It would be lovely to include in the article.
读者特别喜欢那种细节
People adore that sort of detail.
文章? 什么文章?
Article? What article?
喔,对不起
Oh, forgive me.
我说太快了
I’ve got ahead of myself.
时报要我写一篇关于阅读的文章
The Times has asked me to write an article on reading,
我很想写关于你们的事
and I’d like very much to write about you.
你们全部
All of you.
这个学会
The society.
你在信里栩栩如绘地描述所有一切
You painted such a vivid story in your letters.
你是来撰写我们? 是为了伦敦时报
You came to write about us? It’s for the London Times.
当然,我得获得你们同意首肯才行
I mean, only with all your permission, of course!
应该有其他更有意思的题材可以写吧
I’m sure there are more interesting subjects to write on.
喔,不,可是你们的
Oh, no, but your
你们这团体的故事 还有当初成立的缘由
The story of your group, and how it was formed,
我相信许多人会觉得非常具启发性
I’m sure that so many would find it as inspiring as I
我并不认为
Oh, I don’t think so.
我确定他们会的 不会
Oh I’m certain they would. No.
我很确定我们并不感兴趣 启发♥伦♥敦时报的读者
I’m sure we’re not interested in inspiring the readers of the London Times.
不过,还是谢谢你
Thank you, all the same.
好吧,对不起,我
I see. I’m sorry. I
很抱歉我这么逼问 但我想弄明白
I’m sorry to press, but I’d like to understand.
你怎么会明白呢?
But how could you understand?
还有 还有
And and
人们
And people
人们不会明白的
people wouldn’t.
很抱歉你大老远跑来空手而返
I’m sorry you’ve come all this way for nothing.
我做了梦
I had a dream.
过来
Come here.
这是谁? 琪特,伊丽莎白的女儿
And who’s this? This is Kit. Elizabeth’s daughter.
爸爸
Daddy
我们可以回家了吗?
can we go home now?
可以
Yes.
我们马上就离开
We’re going soon.
很抱歉我若让你丢脸的话
I’m so sorry if I embarrassed you.
我觉得我必须郑重向你道歉
I feel I owe you an enormous apology.
道什么歉?
An apology for what?
觉得你的朋友就是我的朋友
For assuming your friends were mine,
把自己当成一个不速之客
for making myself the uninvited guest,
还有不折不扣的混球!
and a complete ass!
还有想像大家会觉得 文章被登在伦敦时报
And for imagining everyone would think being featured in the London Times
是天下掉下来的礼物
was just a glorious gift.
艾蜜莉亚很不喜欢出风头 你别太放在心上
Amelia is a private person. I wouldn’t give it too much thought.
你给一个陌生人寄了两本书 你不可能那么糟,艾许顿小姐
You sent two books to a stranger. You can’t be all bad, Miss Ashton.
你若喊我朱丽叶,我会好过些
I’d feel much better if you called me Juliet.
谢谢你过来
Thank you for coming.
让我有机会见到你本人庐山真面目 朱丽叶
And for letting me put a face to the name Juliet.
喔 谢谢你
Oh. Thank you.
晚安
Good night, then.
晚安
Bouan gniet.
我应该跟你提过 我习惯九点钟锁门
I believe I mentioned I like to lock my door by nine.
对不起
Oh, sorry.
我 我希望没让你等太久 你让我等很久
I I hope I didn’t keep you up. You did.
你十点十五分才进门 我当时
Tenfifteen you came in. I was
在艾蜜莉亚莫格瑞家 和一群读书会团体聚会
at Amelia Maugery’s meeting with the reading group.
有好多话题可以聊 我知道你和哪些人在一起
There was such a lot to talk about. I know who you were with.
他们有聊不完的话题
And they’re never short of talk.
你最好放聪明点 别相信他们告诉你的每件事
You just be wise not to believe everything they tell you.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
他们的情况表面与实际之间 有很大差别
There’s more to that story than they like to let on.
与实际有什么差别?
More to what story?
艾许顿小姐 我从来都不爱嚼舌根
Miss Ashton, I have never been one to gossip.
所以说得愈少愈好
So the less said on any of it, the better.
这个
Well
你应该会很开心
Well, you’ll be happy to learn
我昨晚还是有在一群人面前朗读作品
I did read before an audience last night after all.
是吗?你的小溪谷农夫 让你出面做点事了,是吧?
Oh, yes? Your farmer in the dell put you to work, did he?
伊兹的故事在岛上风评如何?
How did Izzy play in the Channel Islands?
事实上,他们要求我朗读 伯朗特传记的内容
Actually, they requested that I read from the Bront? biography.
哇!他们去哪找出那本书的?
Blimey! Wherever did they dig one up?
那本书当时很畅销 喔,是啊
It was a very big hit! Oh, I’m sure it was!
喔,吓死我了,毕太太 早安
Oh, stone the crows, Mrs. B! Good morning!
不过
But
他们不要我撰写他们的故事
they don’t want me writing about them.
喔,那太糟了! 那你不就要提早回来?
Oh, a tremendous hit! I get you back early now?
你正在回来的路上吗 亲爱的?
Are you on your way, darling?
这个嘛
Well
毕太太,重新约爱丁堡一个星期 不,不,辛德尼
Mrs. B, rebook Edinburgh for a week No, no. Sidney
我还在这里 为什么?
I’m still here. What on Earth for?
听着
Listen
辛德尼,我有别的消息
Sidney, I have other news.
好吧
All right.
我准备好洗耳恭听了
I’m bracing myself for it.

I
我希望你不介意牵我步上红毯
I hope you won’t mind giving me away.
你说什么?
What’s that?
我订婚了
I’m engaged!
我要结婚了
To be married.
马克向我求婚了
Mark proposed!
辛德尼?
Sidney?
辛德尼!
Sidney!
是的,亲爱的,哈喽
Yes, darling. Hello.
恭喜!这消息真棒 棒透了!
Congratulations. That’s marvelous news, the best news.
你开心吗? 是的,很开心
Are you happy? Yes, happy.
你确定?
You sure?
是的,辛德尼,我非常开心!
Yes! Sidney, I’m very happy!
好吧,那我也非常开心
All right, I’m very happy too, then.
那马克呢?马克开心吗? 是的
And Mark? Mark happy? Yes.
马克在那里陪你吗? 没,他
Mark there with you? No, he
他在船边突然向我求婚 我自己一个人来的
Well, he sprung it on me?at the boat. I came alone.
辛德尼?哈喽??辛德尼?
Sid Sidney, hello? Sidney?
1磅又11先令
One and eleven,?please.
你喜欢看吉卜林的书?
Are you enjoying the Kipling?
是的,我还在努力看
I am. I’m still catching up.
我在迪勒姆没受过太多教育
Didn’t have much school in Dereham.
不过读书会正努力教育我
But the society have taken me in hand.
我年底就会是个天才了
I’ll be a genius by the end of the year.
你在迪勒姆做什么?
What were you doing in Dereham?
战争时我被送去那里 小孩子都被疏散走了
It’s where I was sent for the war, when they evacuated us kids.
我不知道这里也疏散儿童 就在占领时期之前
I didn’t know they evacuated here too. Right before the occupation.
当时德军就在隔海对岸的法国
When the Germans were just across the water, in France.
当时大家都晓得 他们接下来会来这里
Everyone knew they’d be coming here next.
我们前一个晚上才得知
We only heard the night before,
英国派来船只
England sent ships.
让我好好看你一眼
Let’s have a look at you.
转过来
Come here now.
家长往这边
Parents come this way.
家长站在横线后面 只有小孩子才能上码头
Parents behind the line. Only children on the jetty.
请拿张标签!标签!
Take a label, please. Labels!
快走!快点!
Go. Go, go, go.
快点!动作快!
Come on, that’s it. Quickly, now.
大家快点! 拿张标签,好好保管
Come on, everyone. Take a label. Keep it safe.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了
There.
伊莱,来吧 乖孩子
Eli, here you are. Good boy.
好了
There you go.
准备好去历险了吗?跟我来
Ready for your adventure? Come with me.
手给我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!