a little money?

Ah

No.
不,你有很多钱
No, you’re quite rich.
我只需要一些钱
Well, I only need some.
有个物业 我想要买♥♥下来
There’s a property I may be interested in buying.
但我必须过去看看是否还出♥售♥ 还有他们是否愿意接纳我
But I need to go and see?if it’s still available, and if they’ll have me.
亲爱的,拥有你的任何人都很幸运
Darling girl, anyone would be lucky to have you.
我很幸运拥有你
And I am so lucky to have you.
没错
True.
好了,你去吧 我可是大忙人呢
All right, all right. Off you go. I’m a very busy man.
好吧
All right.
跟你说一声
Just so you know
我还是可以牵你步上红毯
I’m still available to give you away.
如果哪天出现那机会的话
Should the occasion ever present itself.
谢谢你,辛德尼
Thank you, Sidney.
感谢所有一切
For all of it.
爷爷?
Granddad?
是寄给读书会的
It’s addressed to the society.
根西岛文学与土豆皮馅饼俱乐部 收
是朱丽叶寄来的
From Juliet.
大声念,孩子
Out loud, son.
大声念
Out loud.
“亲爱的达西,艾蜜莉亚,伊索拉 艾宾,伊莱和琪特
“Dear Dawsey,?Amelia,?Isola, Eben, Eli, and Kit,
请原谅我”
Please forgive me.”
原谅什么?
Whatever for?
“首先
“That’s first.
我希望你们能原谅我打破自己的承诺
I hope you will forgive me breaking the promise I made
保证不撰写学会的故事
not to write about your society.
我严重背弃了我们之间的信任
We had a trust I’m profoundly sorry to have betrayed.
其次
Secondly,
我要你们知道,这份手稿 属于你们,由你们决定如何处理
know that this manuscript is yours alone to do with what you will.
我不会将它出版
I will not publish it.
那不是我撰写的原因
That’s not why I wrote it.
‘世界就像一座沙漠 我注定要游荡穿梭
‘Earth seemed a desert I was bound to traverse,
寻求熟悉的老面孔’ 查尔斯·兰姆写的”
seeking to find the old familiar faces.’ Charles Lamb wrote.”
查尔斯·兰姆
Charles Lamb.
我从未发现
Without knowing it,
我已寻求熟悉的老面孔
I feel I have been searching for the old familiar faces
好多年了
for many years now,
我无法理解我为何在你们身上 认出那份孰悉感
and can’t quite account for why I recognize these as yours.
我理解了 我理解了
But I do. But I do.
“你们觉得有没有可能我们在 遇上某人之前便已经
“Do you suppose it’s possible for us to already belong to someone
属于那个人了吗?”
before we’ve met them?”
喔,非常有可能,是的
Oh, very much so, yes.
“如果是的话
“If so,
我属于你们
I belong to you,
或说你们属于我
or you to me.
或说我在根西与你们相处之后 找到了我自己的灵魂
Or me simply to the spirit?I found among you on Guernsey.
那是我认为最理想的家庭定义”
That is as good a definition of family as any I know.”
谢谢你们与我分享你们的家庭故事
Thank you for sharing the story of your family with me.
并分享伊丽莎白
And for sharing Elizabeth.
虽然我没能与她见上一面
Though I did not get to meet her myself,
我深深感觉她的人生 彻底改变了我的人生
I feel keenly how her life has changed the arc of my own forever,
我现在才开始慢慢挖掘这份改变
in ways I am only just beginning to discover.
祝大家平安
I wish you all peace,
如果说书本有办法 凝聚人们在一起的话
and hope that if books do have the power to bring people together,
那希望这本能发挥魔力
this one may work its magic.
“爱你们的朱丽叶敬上”
“Love, Juliet.”
根西岛文学与土豆皮馅饼俱乐部
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.
献给琪特
那是我的名字!
That’s my name!
是啊!
It is!
你可以念给我听吗? 我会的
Will you read it to me? I will.
改天念,好吧?
Another time, all right?
谁将照顾她呢? 我
Who will look after her? I will!
伊莱,可以载我去港口吗? 我仍赶得上十一点的船班
Eli, drive me to the port? I can still make the 11 o’ clock boat.
你要去哪里? 伦敦,或她所在之处
Where are you going? London, or wherever she is.
你去拦住她,达西 去拦住她
You stop her, Dawsey. You stop her.
别让她嫁给那美国人
Don’t let her marry that Yank.
我想她不会的 你怎么知道?
I don’t believe she is. How do you know?
她告诉我们了
She told us.
好好照顾艾蜜莉亚,我很快就回来
Mind Amelia. I’ll be back soon.
拜拜 拜
Bye-bye. Bye.
她在哪里说了呢?
Well, where’s she say that?
来吧
Come on.
我们趁他们回来之前 烤一个蛋糕吧
Let’s go make some cakes for when they get back.
艾蜜莉亚,你不想读这封信吗?
Amelia, are you not gonna read this?
我不在乎每个人看到我哭 我会晚点读的
I don’t care for everyone to see me crying. I will later.
对不起
Excuse me.
抱歉
Sorry!
威茂斯码头 邮船
谢谢
Thank you.
达西!
Dawsey.
达西!
Dawsey!
对不起 达西!
Excuse me. Dawsey!
抱歉
Sorry.
对不起,借过
I’m sorry! Excuse me.
达西!
Dawsey!
达西!
Dawsey!
达西!
Dawsey!
喔,朱丽叶!
Oh, Juliet!
哈喽
Hello.
你要去哪里?
Where are you off to?
我正要去找你
I’m on my way to find you.
我?
Me?
真的吗? 是的
Really? Yes.
我刚才在船上给你写了一封信
Well, I wrote you a letter on the boat, just now.
我只想确定有表达一切
Wanted to make sure I got it all down.
我原本应该说的一切
Everything I should have said
很久以前该说的
long before.
这个
Well
真巧,因为我也正要去找你
this is convenient, because I was on my way to find you as well.
朱丽叶
Juliet
我… 你愿意娶我吗?
I… Would you like to marry me?
我爱上你了
I’m in love with you.
我就想问看看
So I thought I’d ask.
天啊!
My God!
我愿意! 是的!
Yes. Yes!
是的?
Yes?
赫米亚先醒过来 发现她走失的莱赛德在她身旁睡着了
“Hermia first awoke, and finding her lost Lysander asleep so near her,
瞧着他看并,心想他为何百般变化
was looking at him and wondering at his strange inconstancy.
莱赛德很开心地张开眼睛 看到他亲爱的赫米亚
Lysander, presently opening his eyes and seeing his dear Hermia,
不再质疑理由 那是之前仙子魔法隐缠的情况
recovered his reason, which the fairy charm had before clouded.
由于他的原因,他对赫米亚的爱
And with his reason, his love for Hermia.
他们开始谈论那晚的历险
And they began to talk over the adventures of the night,
怀疑这些事情是否已真正发生过
doubting if these things had really happened,
或者他们俩一直以来都做着相同的奇妙美梦
or if they had both been dreaming the same bewildering dream.”
开始 “‘他很饿’他说
Begin. “He was hungry, he said.
该吃午餐了 ‘更何况’他说
It was time for lunch. ‘Besides,’ he said,
‘灯塔就在那里,我们快到了’”
there’s the lighthouse. We’re almost there.’ ”
那很不错,艾蜜莉亚 可是故事主题是什么?
That’s all fine and well, Amelia, but where is the story?
说得好 叙事内容
Hear, hear! The narrative
并非作者的主要考量 这我明白 维吉妮亚沃夫亦非如此
is not the author’s primary concern, you see. I understand that. Never has been with Virginia Woolf.
要求多点故事情节难道不行吗?
Is it too much to ask for something to happen?
这事关人内心的东西 人性的心理层面
It’s what’s going on inside the people. It’s the psychology of the people.
人性的心理层面正在搭船乘风破浪呢 伊索拉
It’s the psychology of the people going on a boat ride, Isola.
艾宾!
Eben!
你是谁? 我是老宾刚
“Who are you?” “I’m poor Ben Gunn, I am.
你的船沉了? 不,老友,是被放逐
Were you shipwrecked? Nay, mate. Marooned!
三年了,我们只靠羊肉维生
Three years, we’ve gone and lived on goats!
三年? 还有莓果和牡蛎
Three years? And berries and oysters.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!