和我的丈夫一样
Like my husband.
死于泥泞之中
Lost in a sea of mud.
索姆河战场
On the Somme.
她当时甚至尚未告诉他琪特的事
And she hadn’t even told him about Kit.
他并不晓得
He didn’t know
他留下了她们两个 如果要说羞耻
he’d left two behind. If there’s any shame
那就是我
it’s mine.
都是我的错
All mine.
当伊丽莎白需要我时 我让她失望了
I failed Elizabeth when she needed me.
现在最重要的是保护琪特
Now all that matters is protecting Kit.
保护琪特?
Protecting Kit?
免于什么伤害?
From what?
如果伊丽莎白不回来
If Elizabeth doesn’t come home,
这孩子唯一的存活亲属
the child’s only living relatives
将会是德国人
will be Germans.
他们有可能会来找她
They might come for her.
不,你自己说过的
No. You said yourself that
克利斯钦并不知道琪特的事
that Christian didn’t even know about Kit.
即便他当时知道
And even if he had
艾蜜莉亚
Amelia
琪特很安全 你又不知道!
Kit is safe. You don’t know that!
我向你保证
I promise you.
我看过我以为永远不可能发生的事 真的发生了
I’ve seen things I never thought could happen, happen.
我不能再让德国人抢走我的人
I can’t lose another person to the Germans.
很抱歉
I’m sorry.
我没办法
I can’t.
你在做什么? 你沦陷入了他们那一边
What do you think you’re doing? You’ve fallen to their side.
我试图警告过你 每个人也都警告我提防你!
I tried to warn you. And everybody warned me about you.
你的灵魂正面临极大危险啊
Your soul is in mortal danger!
我的灵魂?谢谢你
Oh, my soul? Thank you.
但我现在最害怕的是我的隐私
But it’s my privacy I fear for most just now.
艾许顿小姐,我们来祈祷吧
Miss Ashton, let us pray.
我祈祷你放开我的手 免得我推倒你!
I pray you let go of me before I knock you down.
这是一本充满爱的书
Now here is a book filled with love
你却无视,偏偏着眼那些评断与琐碎的部分
and you overlook all of it in favor of judgment and petty meanness.
喔,不
Oh, no, no, no.
“只要有求便能寻获”果然没错!
“Seek, and ye shall find,” indeed!
应该是我为你祈祷,史亭普太太
It is I that shall pray for you, Miss Stimple.
但我要从安全距离为你祈祷
But from a far safer distance.
朱丽叶!
Juliet!
我没地方去
I have nowhere to go.
我觉得艾蜜莉亚感觉很羞耻
I think Amelia feels ashamed.
因为她非常痛恨他们
‘Cause she hated them all so much.
她当时没办法看出 克利斯钦不同于其他人
She wasn’t able to see that Christian was different.
伊丽莎白看出了
The way Elizabeth could.
你想伊丽莎白是对的吗?
Do you think Elizabeth is right?
喔,我很确定
Oh, I know it.
他是个很好的男人
He was a lovely man.
我所知的现实世界真爱就是 伊丽莎白与克利斯钦
All I know of romance in real life is Elizabeth and Christian.
告诉我关于你的追求者
But tell me about your suitor.
我想听听你的辛德尼
I want to hear all about your Sidney.
事实上,辛德尼是我的出版商
Actually, Sidney is my publisher.
也是我认识最久的朋友
And my oldest friend in the world.
但还是有机会啊
Still, there’s a chance.
我的名字若是乔治的话 或许机会会比较大
There’d be a greater chance if I were called George.
或叫汤姆
Or maybe Tom.
他喜欢男性名字
He likes men’s names.
是啊,没错
Indeed, he does.
喔 喔
Oh Oh.
是的
Yes.
喔 谢谢
Oh thank you.
更何况 伊索拉
And besides, Isola
我已经订婚了
I’m engaged.
什么? 和谁?
What? To whom?
马克,马克姆·雷诺斯
Mark. Markham Reynolds.
马克姆?
Markham?
好优雅的名字 他是美国人
How elegant. He’s American.

Oh!
你的订婚戒指呢?
But where’s the ring?
还是他很穷?
Or is he very poor?
那也没关系
That’s OK too.
他不穷 不
He’s not poor. No.
那你为什么没戴着?
Why aren’t you wearing it?

Well, I’m
我想我还不习惯吧
I’m not yet used to it, I suppose.
还有,我想安全保管它
And I wanted to keep it safe.
马克姆喜欢看什么书?
So, what sort of books does Markham enjoy?
你们有没有 ?
Have you
嗯?
Hmm?
分享过彼此的激烈热情呢?
shared a passionate encounter?
伊索拉!
Isola!
我也没和人分享过激烈热情
I have never shared a passionate encounter myself.
我只有内在美
I am only beautiful on the inside.
你兼具外在美与内在美 男人喜欢那样 胡说!
You are beautiful on the outside as well. Men do like that. Nonsense!
你一定有喜欢的人
There must be someone here you like.
没有
No.
目前没有
Not at present.
但我有《呼啸山庄》,是吧?
But I have Wuthering Heights, don’t I?
你不介意自己一个人吗?
Do you not mind being alone?
应该是吧
I suppose.
有时候
Sometimes.
但我觉得若男主角终于出现时 那会更美妙
But I think how much sweeter it will be when my Heathcliff finally shows himself.
我到时一定会很开心
And how glad I’ll be
我决定要等候他出现
that I decided to wait for him.
小心!
Careful!
太好了!你在这里
Good! You’re here!
哈喽
Hello.
你在忙吗? 不忙
You busy? No.
温室的新玻璃今天会被运进港
New glass for the greenhouse just came in to the port today.
我需要找人帮忙卸货 我需要有人送琪特回家
I was going to help unload, and I need someone to fetch Kit home.
我很乐意
Oh, I’d be happy to!
艾迪,你给滚出去!
Eddie, blast your eyes! Get out!
好啦 去啦,滚!
All right. Go on, get off!
确定不会麻烦你吗?
You’re sure it’s no trouble?
绝对不会
Absolutely not.
谢谢你, 拜! 再会! 好的
Thank you. Bye! Bye! All right!
来吧! 琪特!慢一点!等等我!
Come on! Kit, slow down! Wait for me!
琪特!
Kit!
朱丽叶!在上面!
Juliet! Up here!
你要看我的宝藏箱吗?
Do you want to see my treasure box?
好香喔
Delicious!
这是我和我的妈咪
This is me and my mummy.
她非常爱我 但她现在没办法在这里
She loves me very much, but she can’t be here right now.
她会尽快回来的
And she’ll come back as soon as she can.
她很漂亮
She’s very pretty.

Oh.
谢谢你
Thank you.
《兰姆文献 查尔斯·兰姆散文集》
朱丽叶·艾许顿
这么一件小东西
Such a small thing.
只是一本书
Just a book.
却把我牵来到这里
Yet it’s brought me all this way.
琪特在她房♥间里睡觉
Kit’s in her room, sleeping.
谢谢你照顾她
Thank you for watching her.
我们玩得很开心
We had a lovely time.

She’s
她很喜欢你
She’s fond of you.
我得回去了
I best get back.
早安 早安
Morning. Morning.
艾许顿小姐! 什么事?
Miss! Miss Ashton! Yes?
邮局有一通你的电♥话♥ 是马克·雷诺斯打来的
There’s a call for you at the post office. From a Mark Reynolds.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!