A Nazi. No. like Charlotte said.
不 是的,可是
No Yes. Yes, but
不是像夏绿蒂说的那样
Not like Charlotte said.
他曾经是我的朋友
He was my friend.
1941年,法兰克贺德有一头乳牛分娩时发生难产
Frank Hood had a milk cow back in ’41.Got into trouble bringing in a calf.
我不知道她是怎么回事
I don’t know why she’s carrying on.
我可以感觉这里有两条腿
I can feel two legs right here,
还有一个鼻子,这小子来早了
and the nose. He’s a little early.
我在路上听到有动物在叫
I heard the animal from the road.
太吵了吗? 我们会小声点的
It’s too noisy for you? We’ll try to keep it down.
她怎么了?
What is the matter with her?
我正在查出原因
Just sorting that out.
欢迎你把手伸进去 如果你想看怎么回事的话
You’re welcome to put your head up inside if you want to look around.
我们不想惹麻烦 我们会登记出生日期 如果它能活下来的话
We don’t want trouble. We’ll register the birth. If it lives.
我是个医生
I’m a doctor.
让我来帮忙 用力拉
Let me help. Keep it tight.
用力拉
Keep it tight.
乖女孩,乖女孩
Good girl. Good girl!
乖女孩
Good girl.
加油!
Come on!
嘘!
Shh!
嘘!
Shh!
嘘! 乖女孩,乖女孩
Shh! Good girl! Good girl!
很好
It’s good.
她没事 她很好
She’s good. She’s good.

Shh!
肩膀?
Shoulder?
我小时候被一匹马踢到
Got kicked by a horse when I was a boy.
没复原好
Break wasn’t set right.
你会痛吗?
Do you have pain?
只因我不用穿制♥服♥
Only because it keeps me out of a uniform.
不必与你们对抗
Keeps me from fighting you.
当时伊丽莎白看到克利斯钦和我站在一起的表情
The look on Elizabeth’s face when she saw Christian and me together
然后我看到克利斯钦的脸
And then I saw Christian’s face.
没事,他是个朋友
It’s all right. He’s a friend.
我一直都在想她那句话指的究竟是谁
I’ve always wondered which one of us she meant when she said that.
他们是在克利斯钦驻扎的医院认识的
They’d met at the hospital where Christian was stationed.
他们都很明白 那对他们俩都很危险
They knew how dangerous it was, to both of them.
我应该多说几句 我应该交代他小心一点
I should have said more.I should have told them to be more careful, but
她当时很快乐
she was happy.
克利斯钦·海曼
伊丽莎白,琪特
?和特达西·亚当斯
是的,没错
Yes, it is.
哈喽
Hello.
哈喽
Hello.
你…你在这里做什么?
What… What are you doing in here?
夏绿蒂史亭普的餐点选项
Well, the menu at Charlotte Stimple’s is
很有限
limited.
这里的餐点就比较好?
And you find this an improvement?
这里…这里不是伦敦
It’s…It’s not London.
我不介意,我喜欢
I don’t mind. I like it.
谁在照顾琪特?
Who’s with Kit?
艾蜜莉亚正在照顾她 我们修好饭店的屋顶了
Amelia’s looking after her. We’ve been finishing the hotel roof.

Ah.
我可以请你喝一杯吗?
Can I buy you a drink?
一杯啤酒
A glass of beer.
请给我一品脱半的啤酒
Pint and a half, please.
来啦
Here you are.
谢谢你
Thank you.
怎么?
What?

Well
你和我想像的完全不同
You are not what I expected.
不是吗?
No?
你怎么想像我的,亚当斯先生,当你给我写信时?
How did you imagine me, Mr. Adams, when you wrote me a letter?
穿着猎装绒裙,有着非常
Tweed hunting skirt, very
庞大的屁♥股♥
large in the bottom.
牙齿像马一样,有几丝灰白头发
Teeth like a horse. Few wisps of gingergray hair.
和果酱玻璃瓶一样厚的眼镜
And glasses thick as jam jars.
听起来挺动人的嘛
She sounds lovely!
那你呢?
And you?
你寄书给那个猪农长什么样子呢?
Who was the pig farmer you send books to?
我是有几种想像
I did have a couple of ideas.
但比较像是
But it was more of a sense
我和一个已经很了解我的人通信
that I was writing to someone who already understood me
我不必费太多力气解释自己
I didn’t have to explain myself to, too much.
你到底喝了几杯?
How many of these have you had?

Oh!
我想应该是查尔斯·兰姆的缘故吧
Well, I suppose it was because of Charles Lamb.
那就敬查尔斯·兰姆吧
To Charles Lamb, then.
是的 小小的满足
Yes. Contented with little
但期望更多 啊
yet wishing for more. Ah.
说得好
Bravo.
“野兽们非常聪明
“The beasts are very wise.
它们的嘴从不吐谎言
Their mouths are clean of lies.
但人拿着刺棒与鞭子 将它们打散分离
But man with goad and whip, breaks up their fellowship.
当他犁他的田时 他说:‘它们能理解’
When he has ploughed his land, he says, ‘They understand.’
但野兽们群聚于隔栏内 免于轭和缰绳束缚
But the beasts in stall together, freed from the yoke and tether,
烟燻腰腿肉说
say as the torn flanks smoke
“不,那是鞭子的发言”
‘Nay, ’twas the whip that spoke.'”
朗读得太精采了,伊莱
Well read, Eli.
真的很精彩
Really well done.
他跟你说了克利斯钦的事
He told you about Christian.
你知道了
You know.
部分,是的
Some, yes.
你烧一壶热水吧
Why don’t you put the kettle on?
我去送客
I’ll see the others out.
晚安,亲爱的 去睡觉了
Good night, my darling. Off to bed now.
好的,晚安
Right. Good night.
晚安 过来给我一个吻,好乖
Night. Come and give me a kiss! Good girl.
我当时很反对他
I was so against him.
当她带他来这里见我时
When she brought him here for a meeting.
“‘你去死吧!’ 以极可怕热情谋杀人
“‘Rot you!’ Murmured the man in a horrible passion,
他咬牙切齿地说
between his clenched teeth.
‘如果我有足够勇气说出那句话
‘If I had only had the courage to say the word,
我便有可能一夕之间解脱你
I might have been free of you in a night.
诅咒你的头脑,让你的心黑死 你这恶魔!
Curses on your head, and black death on your heart, you imp!
你在这里做什么?’
What are you doing here?’
那男人挥舞着拳头 口齿不清地说出那些话”
The man shook his fist, as he uttered these words incoherently.”
你难道不在乎我爱他吗?
Do you not care that I love him?
我觉得很恶心!
It disgusts me.
他杀死了珍
He killed Jane.
他杀死了我的丈夫 克利斯钦并没有!
He killed my husband. Christian didn’t kill
他有的!
Yes, he did!
是他们干的
They did.
伊丽莎白
Elizabeth
拜托你别让我们面对这种事
please don’t put us through this.
做个了断
Just end it.
我办不到 为什么?为何不能?
I can’t. Why? Why can’t you?
因为我不想!
Because I don’t want to.
我也没办法
I couldn’t anyway!
伊丽莎白!
Elizabeth!
伊丽莎白!
Elizabeth!
克利斯钦那天晚上
Christian was discovered
被发现偷跑进营地里
sneaking into the camp that night.
他们 隔天便把他送走了
They shipped him off the next day.
我的愿望成真了
So I got my wish.
是吧?
Didn’t I?
他们从此不再相见 他的船被鱼雷击中
They never did see each other again. His ship was torpedoed.
差点就到岸了
Just shy of the coast.
他死了
He died.
他现在沉尸于海底
Now he’s at the bottom of the sea.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!