I don’t recognize myself.
我能被放出小黑屋了吗
Am I out of the doghouse yet?
下个月他们会在唐宁街10号♥
They’re unveiling that portrait…
为我的画像揭幕
of me at Number 10 next month.
邀请函放在壁炉台上
The invitation’s on the mantelpiece.
所以
So…
将有丘吉尔
there’ll be Churchill,
劳埃德·乔治和我
Lloyd George and me.
只有我们三个人
Just the three of us.
我说不想小题大做 可他们坚持
I said I didn’t want any big fuss but they insisted.
《每日电讯报》上那篇短文写得真好
Lovely little article in The Telegraph.
《改变历史面貌的女人》
The Woman Who Changed the Face of History.
一年多以前
Less than two years ago,
首相引用圣方济格的话
the Prime Minister quoted St. Francis…
并谈及要给国家带来信心
and talked about bringing faith,
希望以及和平
hope and harmony to this country.
丹尼斯
Denis?
首相大人 自1934年以来
Can the Right Honourable Lady deny,
最高的失业率出自您之手
that having brought about the highest level…
您能否认吗
of unemployment since 1934-
自1931年以来全年
The biggest fall in total output…
钢和煤总产量下滑幅度最大
in steel and coal production in one year since 1931.
自1921年以来工业生产最严重的暴跌
And the biggest collapse in industrial production since 1921.
秩序 秩序
Order, Order.
再来看看她的自♥由♥市场经济
Can she also accept that her free market economics…
打算让中产阶级崛起
designed to create a growing middle class…
以便富人更富 穷♥人♥更穷
ensures that the rich get richer and the poor are irrelevant!
玛姬 玛姬 玛姬 下台 下台 下台
Maggie Maggie Maggie! Out Out Out!
玛姬 玛姬 玛姬 下台 下台 下台
Maggie Maggie Maggie! Out Out Out!
你该是个有同情心的母亲
You’re supposed to be a mother!
你不是个母亲 你是个怪物
You’re not a mother, you’re a monster!
首相 我们能谈谈吗
May we have a word, Prime Minister?
可以 但为确保按时抵达皇宫
Yes, but in order to arrive at the palace on time,
杰弗里和我15分钟后
Geoffrey and I are will
就得出发
be walking out of that door in 15 minutes.
-你看 我正忙着 -玛格丽特 我知道你要迟到了
– As you can see. – I know you’re running late Margaret…
但我们必须就明天的新闻报道
but we have to address this situation in light…
开诚布公的谈一谈 非常紧迫
of tomorrow’s blistering press coverage. Blistering!
现在是剑拔弩张
The knives are out.
你的预算原案已经泄露
Your draft budget’s been leaked,
杰弗里 他们恨不得把我们生吞活剥了
Geoffrey, they are baying for our blood!
迈克尔 我们不能一遇到困难就屈服
Michael we can’t possibly buckle at the first sign of difficulty.
没人说我们要屈服
No one is saying we have to buckle.
但我国正经历有史以来
But is this really the time to…
最严重的衰退期 非要在这时候实行
make these spending cuts in the middle of one of the deepest…
财政削减吗
recessions this country has ever experienced?
-玛格丽特 我们需要行动计划 -没错 要有策略
– We need a plan of action, Margaret. – Absolutely. A strategy.
不能打无准备之仗
We must be armed.
玛格丽特 有种说法
There’s a perception, Margaret…
不一定对
rightly or wrongly, that we
认为我们和国家完全脱节
are now completely out of touch with the country.
是吗 一包乐派克多少钱
Really. How much is a pack of Lurpak?
-乐派克 -就是黄油 弗朗西斯
– Lurpak? – Butter, Francis.
42便士
Forty two pence.
矛牌黄油40便士
Anchor butter is forty pence.
弗洛拉人造黄油依旧是最便宜的 38便士
Flora margarine, still the cheapest, is thirty eight pence.
我可以保证我对国家了如指掌
I can assure you I am not out of touch.
杂货商的女儿
Grocer’s Daughter?
抱歉 我没听清 你说什么
Sorry, I didn’t hear you.What did you say?
没什么 首相 没说什么
Nothing. Prime Minister, Nothing.
求你别这样 不要隐藏自己的观点
No, no, please. Don’t try to hide you opinions.
老天 我情愿你们公开而直接地
Goodness me, I’d much rather you were open and…
阐述出来 也不愿
straight forward about them
你们无休止地泄露给媒体
instead of continuously and damagingly leaking them to the press.
-可以吗 -好吧
– Well? – Well,
人们付不起贷款
people can’t pay their mortgages.
制♥造♥业已经濒临崩溃
The manufacturing industry is practically on its knees.
诚实 勤恳 体面的人们无力养家糊口
Honest, hard-working, decent people are losing their homes.
这极其可耻
It’s terribly shameful.
首相 重点是 如果我们想赢得下届的选举
The point is, Prime Minister, that we must moderate the pace –
就必须调整政策
if we’re even to have a hope of winning the next election-
这才是重点 为自己的前途担心呢 对吧
Quite right.Worried about our careers, are we?
先生们 若不削减财政就会破产
Gentlemen, if we don’t cut spending we will be bankrupt.
没错 良药苦口
Yes, the medicine is harsh…
但却是病人活命的必须
but the patient requires it in order to live.
因为药苦而停用吗 当然不 我们没有错
Shall we withhold the medicine? No! We are not wrong.
我们赢得选举并非为了
We did not seek election and win in order to manage…
减缓国家经济衰退
the decline of a great nation.
全国人♥民♥选择了我们
The people of this country chose us…
因为他们相信我们能够使英国经济回复元气
because they believe we can restore the health of
而我们也要做到
the British economy and we will do just that!
不能失去勇气
Barring a failure of nerve.
-还有事吗 -首相
– Anything else? – Prime Minister.
克劳菲 今天又多亏了你救场
You saved the day once again, Crawfie,
你真是个天使
you’re an angel.
不能因为你不爱听
You can’t close down a conversation
就终止一场谈话
because it’s not what you wish to hear.
我并不期望所有人都同意我的意见
I don’t expect everyone just to sit there and agree with me.
但如果我不将自己认为对的事情付诸实践
But what kind of leader am I if I don’t try to get my own way-
-又算什么领导 -没错
– to do what I know to be right. – Yes.
但是 玛格丽特
But Margaret,
要小心 不要一再考验同僚的忠诚度
one must be careful not to test one’s colleagues’loyalty too far.
我们现在是一个分♥裂♥的国家
We are now one split nation,
贫富急剧分化
with a huge gulf dividing the employed from the unemployed.
国家有超过三百万失业人口
找工作游♥行♥
撒切尔的计划是要破坏工会运动
The Thatcher plan is to break the Trade Union movement.
效率低下的煤矿必须被关闭
There must be closures of uneconomic coal mines,
我们只寻求高效行业
we seek only an efficient industry.
矿工们极度渴望工作 迫切需要
The miners are being starved back to work, their need is desperate!
有人会劝我们退缩
There are those who would say hold back,
有人会让我们撤退
there are those who would make us retreat –
但我们绝不向他们屈服
But we shall never give in to them.
我们绝不犹豫 哪怕一秒钟都不行
We shall never waver, not for a second,
我们决心看到这个国家再一次兴盛
in our determination to see this country prosper once again.
一枚汽车炸♥弹♥
A car bomb has exploded
在哈罗德商场外爆♥炸♥ 6人死亡
outside Harrods department store, killing…
71人受伤
six people and injuring 71.
今天有两枚炸♥弹♥于
Eleven soldiers died today
海德公园和摄政王公园的
when two bombs were detonated during…
阅兵时引爆 造成11名士兵死亡
military parades in Hyde Park and Regent’s Park.
另有7匹马死于爆♥炸♥案
Seven horses also died in the blasts.
爱尔兰共和军宣称对此事负责
The IRA have claimed responsibility.
而现在 我们必须正常运转
And now, it must be business as usual.
我们是真正热爱和平的党派
亲爱的 睡吧
Come on love, get to bed.
真不知道你为什么每年都这样
I don’t know why you do this to yourself every year,
不过是会议演讲 又不是大宪♥章♥
it’s a speech at conference, not the Magna Carta!
一天结束了 亲爱的
Time to call it a day, darling.
已经差十分三点了 看在老天份上
It’s ten to three, for God’s sake.
知道了 马上来 DT 马上就好
I know, I’m coming DT. Nearly there –
丹尼斯
Denis!
丹尼斯
Denis-
是你 你还好吗
there you are. Are you alright?
我的鞋毁了
My shoes!
那一瞬间 我觉得会失去你
That’s when I thought I’d lost you.
马克
Mark?
你好宝贝
Hello darling.
不 我很好
No, I’m fine.
我很好
I’m very well, How is…
萨拉
Sarah?
孩子们呢
And the children..?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!