The peace plan?
战争不容妥协
There will be no appeasement. This is a war.
他们发动战争 以神之名 我们来结束它
A war they started and by God, we will finish it.
我告诉你我会给
I tell you what I’m going to write…
每一个家庭
to every single one of these families,
这些悲痛欲绝的家庭写什么
these heartbroken families?
我会告诉他们
I am going to tell them
没有一个英国士兵会
that no British soldier will die in vain…
在福克兰群岛战争中枉死
for the Falklands.
陆军中校强森 伍德上尉 丹奇上尉
Lieutenant Colonel Jones. Captain Wood. Captain Dench.
我是英国历史上唯一的女首相
I am the only Prime Minister in the history of our country…
也是有一个儿子的母亲
who is also a mother with a son of my own,
我可以想象你们的悲伤痛苦
I can imagine your agony, and your grief.
首相 我们已经抢滩登陆
Prime Minister, we have secured the beach head.
阿根廷军队士气低沉 装备落后
The Argentinian troops are demoralized and ill equipped…
伞兵部队攻下绿鹅
The paratroops have taken Goose Green…
昨晚天黑后不久 包围斯坦利港的我军
Shortly after dark last night, our forces surrounding Port Stanley…
完成总指挥的命令
carried out what the Commander in Chief
堪称完美的出人意料的夜袭
has described as a brilliant surprise night attack.
撒切尔 睡觉了
Thatcher, bed.
从新据点望去
From their new positions, our
我军可以看到大批阿根廷士兵
forces can see large numbers of Argentine soldiers
撤退并涌回斯坦利港
retreating and streaming back into Port Stanley.
我军正向更大的胜利迈进
Our forces are moving forward to exploit their success.
干得漂亮 玛格丽特
Well done, MARGARET.
我们要祝贺军队里的每一个人
We congratulate the men and
感谢他们优良的作战能力 勇敢
women of the armed Forces for their skill,
和对国家的忠诚
bravery and loyalty to this country.
我们曾面临无端的侵略
We were faced with an act of unprovoked aggression…
我们的回应一如既往
and we responded as we have responded in times past:
秉持团结 力量和勇气
with unity, strength and courage,
明知会有很多牺牲
sure in the knowledge that though much is sacrificed,
最终 正确会战胜错误
in the end, right will prevail over wrong.
同时我也想对反对的诸位说
And I put it to the right on the gentlemen opposite…
今天不适合吹毛求疵
that this is not a day for him to carp…
找茬 质问
find fault, demand inquiries-
留待他日 我可以向他保证
they will happen I can assure him of that…
君子坦荡荡
for we have nothing to hide, no…
今天应该求同存异
this is a day to put difference aside,
抬头挺胸
hold one’s head high…
因作为一个英国人而自豪
and take pride in being British.
做到啦 付出终有回报 支持率飙升
GOTCHA! Well that paid off old girl! Your ratings soared!
从有史以来最讨厌首相
From the most hated Prime
到全国人♥民♥的心头宝
Minister of all time to the nation’s darling…
世界臣服在你的脚下 英国重放光彩
The world was at your feet, and Britain was back in business!
商业繁荣
Business is booming!
收益上涨
Profits.
玛姬的百万富翁
Maggie’s Millionaires.
执政10年
10 years in office.
柏林墙倒塌 大门打开
The Berlin Wall has fallen. The gates have opened!
警♥察♥不再阻止
The police are making no
人们通过
attempt to stop people as they go through.
在任何情况下我都不会同意
I don’t agree… I don’t agree in any measure!
但是 首相
But Prime Minister the question
欧洲单一货币的提案将被提出
of the European single currency will come up.
我认为时机还不成熟
I don’t think the country is ready for it yet.
但是我们不能一直回避 自欺欺人
But we cannot bury our heads in the sand…
很多保守党议员和大臣都说
A lot of Conservative MP’s and Ministers are saying
管理方式必须有所改变
that there must be a change in that style of management.
撒切尔夫人必须广泛倾听 适当妥协
That Mrs Thatcher must listen more, and on occasion, give in.
首相 重点是
The point is, Prime Minister,
我认为我们不能
I don’t think we can sell the
实行让每个人缴纳相同税款的政策
idea of a tax that asks everyone to pay the same.
我们的政策可能不受欢迎 但绝对正确
Our policies may be unpopular, but they are the right policies.
首相 我认为
Prime Minister I just don’t
不能让一贫如洗的穷♥人♥
think we can ask the poorest of the poor…
和百万富翁缴一样的税
to pay the same amount of tax as a multi-millionaire.
又来了 为什么不能呢
There it is again! Why not?
因为
Because…
因为人们 总体而言
Because people… on the whole…
都认为税收是不公平的
think that the tax is manifestly unfair.
胡说 一派胡言
Nonsense. Arrant nonsense.
一个简单的命题 要生活在这个国家里
This is a simple proposition. In order to live in this country,
你得为权利付费 一些或者全部
you must pay for the privilege- something, anything!
如果你什么都不付 你就什么都不关心
If you pay nothing, you care nothing.
你关心垃圾倒在哪儿吗
What do you care where you throw your rubbish?
你住的小区一团糟
Your council estate is a mess,
小镇满墙的乱涂乱画 你关心吗
your town, graffiti, what do you care?
这不是你的责任 也不是其他人的责任
It’s not your problem, it’s somebody else’s problem-
而是政♥府♥的责任
it’s the government’s problem!
你们的问题
Your problem…
你们中的某些人
Some of you,
是没有足够的勇气去打赢这场战争
is that you haven’t got the courage for this fight.
你们从未全力以赴争取过任何东西
You haven’t had to fight hard for anything.
总是唾手可得 你们应该感到愧疚
It’s all been given to you- and you feel guilty about it!
恕我直言 我谨代表那些
Well, may I say, on behalf
全力以赴地积极进取
of all those who have had to fight their way up,
不为所得感到愧疚的人
and who don’t feel guilty about it…
我们憎恶懒鬼
we resent those slackers who take, take, take…
他们只知索取而对社会毫无贡献
and contribute nothing to the community!
在欧盟内部的这场战斗中
And I see the same thing, the same cowardice…
我又看到了同样的怯懦
in our fight within the European Union.
怯懦
Cowardice.
为了英国的主♥权♥和英镑的完整
For the sovereignty of Britain the integrity of the pound!
你们想做出让步
Some of you want to make concessions.
我听说你们中的一些人
I hear some of you…
赞成法国的最新提案
agree with the latest French proposals.
你们怎么不坐船去加来[法国北部港市]
Well, why don’t you get on a boat to Calais?
你们怎么不戴上贝雷帽
Yes, why don’t you put on a beret,
拿出个人收入的85%给法国政♥府♥
and pay 85% of your income to the French government!
算了
Right.
现实一点 会议结束前
What can we realistically hope
我们希望达成什么共识 枢密院长
to achieve by the end of session, Lord President?
为什么我们至今无任何进展
And why have we not made more progress to date?
那是什么 时间表吗
What is that? Is that the timetable?
我还没看过 能看看吗
I haven’t seen that. May I see it?
首相 给您
Here it is, Prime Minister. Of course.
措辞太马虎了 这里
The wording is sloppy here…
还有这里
and here.
-你说了算 -我说了
– If you say so. – I do say so.
这只是初稿
It’s merely a first draft…
太可笑了 委员会居然也会写错
This is ridiculous. There are two t’s in committee.
太丢人了 丢人现眼
Two t’s. This is shameful. Shameful!
小小时间表你都做不好
I can’t even rely on you for a simple timetable!
你身体有毛病吗
Are you unwell?
当然 你有毛病
Yes. You are unwell.
铅笔给我 拿给我
Give me the pencil, give it to me!
如果这是你的最高水平
If this is the best you can do,
我还是送你去医院吧
I had better send you to hospital,
你的工作我就代劳了 还有你们的工作
and I shall do your job as well as my own and everyone else’s.
诸位
Gentlemen.
既然枢密院长还未准备好就来开会
As the Lord President has chosen to come to cabinet unprepared…
我看会议还是到此结束吧
I have to close this meeting.
可以走了
Good morning!
付不起 不会付
Can’t pay, won’t pay!
杰弗里
Geoffrey
我的辞呈
My letter of resignation.
恐怕我们的矛盾不可调和
Our differences, I’m afraid, cannot be reconciled.
我已经做了所有
I have done what I believe
我确信对政党和国家正确的事情
to be right for my party and my country.
是时候退位让贤

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!