We both know…
我当选党内领导人的可能性很小
that it’s highly unlikely that I would ever be elected leader,
但是我仍然要参加竞选
But I will run. I will run.
哪怕只是戳一戳他们的痛处
Just to nip at their heels and make
让他们重申保守党
them reaffirm the principles
必须坚守的原则
on which the Conservative Party must stand.
有好多事情要做
There’s so much to do.
你让人无法容忍♥ 玛格丽特 你知道吗
You’re insufferable, Margaret, do you know that?
丹尼斯 你娶了一个
Denis, you married someone who
热衷政♥治♥的人 你是知道的
is committed to public service, you knew that.
-这是我的职责 -别说这是职责
– And it is my duty… – Don’t call it duty.
你变成这样 完全是因为你的野心
It’s ambition which has got you this far. Ambition.
而我 孩子们 我们都可以滚蛋了
And the rest of us, me, the children, we can all go to hell!
别担心我 我没事
Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine!
你到哪里去了
Where did you go?
-南非 -哦 对
– South Africa. – Yes. Yes.
我走了多少天你才意识到我离开了
How many days passed before you realized I was gone?
也许你得问清洁工才知道我到哪儿去了
Probably had to ask the cleaning woman where I was.
我什么时候和大家都失去联♥系♥了
When did I lose track of everyone?
净忙着争权夺势了 MT
Too busy climbing the greasy pole MT.
撒切尔夫人 我听说
Mrs. Thatcher I understand you recently
您最近刚出访美国归来
visited the United States of America.
您从此次访问中
What was it you took away from your visit
给英国带回来什么值得借鉴的经验呢
which may be of value here in Great Britain?
这很容易回答 事实上
Oh that’s rather easy to answer, actually.
他们无惧成功
They are unafraid of success.
英国 欧洲
We in Great Britain and in Europe
建立在历史之上
are formed mostly by our history.
而他们却建立在他们的信念之上
They on the other hand are formed by their philosophy.
他们不囿于过去 而是着眼现在
Not by what has been, but by what can be.
我们能从美国人那里
Oh, we have a great deal
学的实在是太多了 真的
that we can learn from them, yes. Oh yes!
首先 那帽子不能再戴了
For a start, that hat has got to go.
还有珍珠项链
And the pearls.
其实我认为什么帽子都不能戴
In fact I think all hats may have to go.
你看起来听起来就像个享有特权的保守派妻子
You look and sound like a privileged Conservative wife
并且已经给我们投过选票
and we’ve already got her vote.
你的发型很可爱
You’ve got lovely hair…
但是我们得让它显得
but we need to do something with it to make it more…
更正式一些
important.
是的 变得更有冲击力
Yes. Give it more impact.
不过最主要的还是你的声音
But the main thing is your voice.
音调太高 不够权威
Its too high. It has no authority.
我认为夫人的声音有些太尖锐
Me thinks the Lady doth screech too much
人们可不想受一个女人的叨叨或是训斥
People don’t want to be harangued by a woman or hectored.
应该是劝说
Persuaded yes. That…
在采访最后的那句’是的’
Oh yes at the end of the interview,
才具有权威性 那才是领导人的语调
that’s authoritative, that’s the voice of a leader.
说起改变我说话的声调很容易 里斯先生
It’s all very well to talk about changing my voice, Mr Reece,
但是要让同事们把我想象成他们的领袖
but for some of my colleagues to imagine me as their leader…
对他们来说就好像
would be like imagining,
由女仆指挥上战场打仗
I don’t know, being led into battle by their chambermaid.
这是我的家庭背景和性别决定的
It’s my background, and my sex.
无论我怎样努力 我已经试着
No matter how I’ve tried, and I have tried
融入其中 但是他们永远不会真正接纳我
to fit in, I know I will never be truly one of them.
要我说 这正是你的王牌
If I may say so, I think that’s your trump card.
你公然反对
You’re flying in the face of everything
托利党所提倡的一切
the Tories have been thus far.
托利党 保守党的前身
真得很震撼人心
It’s really kind of exciting.
只需要放大你的吸引力
One simply has to maximise your appeal,
展现你所有的优点
bring out all your qualities and
让你变得更有领导人的风范
make you look, and sound, like the leader that you could be.
你有能力最终胜出
You’ve got it in you to go the whole distance.
绝对的
Absolutely.
让我当首相
Prime Minister?!
噢 不 不不 在英国
Oh no. Oh no no no. In Britain?
不会有女首相的 至少我有生之年见不到
There will be no female Prime Minister here, not in my lifetime.

No.
我告诉过 我不指望能赢
And I told Airey, I don’t expect to win the leadership,
但是我会参加竞选 只为摇醒我们党
but I am going to run. Just to shake up the party.
令人钦佩 玛格丽特
Respectfully, Margaret.
我不同意
I disagree.
如果你想要改变我们党 统而治之
If you want to change this party, lead it.
如果你想要改变我们国家 统而治之
If you want to change the country, lead it.
我们今天在这里讲的只是表面
What we’re talking about here today is surface.
关键还是你把握住方向
What’s crucial is that you hold your course,
展现自己真实的一面
and stay true to who you are.
永远做自己
Never be anything other than yourself.
剩下的就由我们来做
Leave us to do the rest.
先生们 我一切听从安排
Gentlemen, I am in your hands.
我可以放弃我的帽子
I may be persuaded to surrender the hat.
但是这珍珠项链是
But the pearls were a gift
我丈夫在我们孩子出生时送我的礼物
from my husband on the birth of our twins…
没什么好商量的
and they are absolutely non-negotiable.
很好 请放下手提包 撒切尔夫人 对
Good, I think we can loose the handbag, Mrs. Thatcher. Yes.
手放在身体两边
And hands down by the sides…
升高
Right up.
因为真正重要的不是声音 而是信念
Because this isn’t really about the voice, it’s about belief.
现在深呼吸 然后呼气
A nice deep breath. And breath it out against my hands.
你怎么称呼撒切尔先生呢
If you’re calling Mr Thatcher, how would you do that?
丹尼斯
Denis.
没错 但是要突显权威 坚定之意
Yes, I want authority, I want conviction, I want…
-丹尼斯 -对了 再试一次 深呼吸
– Denis. – That’s right, one more time, and breath in.
丹尼斯
Denis.
我在 M
Yes, M!
抱歉 没叫你
Sorry, no no.
你们是我们国家的支柱
You are the backbone of our nation!
像俏佳人冰激凌这种小公♥司♥
Small firms like Loveday’s Ice Cream.
你们好 很高兴见到你们
How are you? So nice to meet you ladies.
我只能吃个小份的 我得保持身材
I’ll just have a small one, because I’m watching my figure.
这是给你的 年轻人
That’s for you young man!
我深信 小公♥司♥
I passionately believe that it’s the growth
成长为大公♥司♥
of small businesses into larger ones…
对英国的未来至关重要
that is critical for Britain’s future.
对丹尼斯来说 他只喜欢冰棍
It has to be something icy on a stick for Denis.
只有那样
That’s the only way
我们才能提供就业 真正可持续的就业机会
we will produce jobs, real jobs, jobs that sustain.
工会运动最初建立的目标是保护工人
The Trade Union Movement was founded to protect workers.
而现在却在伤害工人 不让其工作
Now it persecutes them. It stops them from working.
它扼杀就业 让我们国家颜面扫地
It is killing jobs and it is bringing this country to its knees.
我说够了
I say enough.
是时候站起来 继续工作了
It’s time to get up. It’s time to go to work.
是时候让英国重返荣耀了
It’s time to put the Great back into Great Britain!
工党政♥府♥的罗盘仍旧在
The compass of the Labour government continues to…
我们已经付出了代价
We have paid the price.
-撒切尔夫人 该您上场了 -谢谢
– Mrs. Thatcher. They are ready for you. – Thank you.
给他们好看
Give them hell!
你看起来棒极了 下一站 首相职位
You look magnificent. Next stop Prime Minister.
出发
Let’s go.
有请保守党领导人 玛格丽特·撒切尔
The leader of the Conservative Party, Margaret Thatcher!
晚上好 玛格丽特 我赌小母马♥会♥赢
Good night Margaret. My money’s on the filly to win!
谢谢你 艾雷 晚安
Oh, thanks Airey. Goodnight.
不 艾雷
No. No, no! Airey!
爱尔兰国民解♥放♥军♥宣称
The Irish National Liberation Army
为艾雷·尼夫议员之死负责
has claimed responsibility for the death of MP Airey Neave.
艾雷是玛格丽特·撒切尔在北爱尔兰的发言人
Margaret Thatcher’s spokesman on Northern Ireland.
如果你想改变我们党 统而治之
If you want to change the party, lead it.
如果你想改变我们国家 统而治之
If you want to change the country, lead it.
你有能力最终胜出
You’ve got it in you to go the whole distance!
现在 考验在即 我需要你们的帮助
Now, as the test draws near, I ask your help.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!