好吧,随你怎么说。
Well, whatever you say.
我们准备好了。梅丽莎。
We’re ready to go. Melissa.
我们去看看米尔顿的兽群怎么样了。
We’ll see how Milton’s doing with the herd.
好吧,爸爸。
Fine, Papa.
Breckenridge太太……
Mrs. Breckenridge…
我不常干涉别人的事情,但这次我觉得我应该干涉。
it’s not often I interfere in somebody else’s business, but this is one of the times I think I should.
奥马利是个杀手,一旦他越过边境进入德克萨斯,我就会把他吊死。
O’Malley’s a killer, and as soon as he crosses the border into Texas, I’m gonna see that he hangs.
在那之前,我给你的建议是他在的时候把门锁上。
Until then, my advice to you is to keep your door locked when he’s around.
他分不清哪个是女的
He can’t tell one female from another.
他也不在乎。
And he don’t care much, either.
拜托,别惹麻烦。
Please, don’t cause trouble.
你为什么这么说奥马利先生?
Why did you say those things about Mr. O’Malley?
因为他们是真的。
Because they’re true.
我不是孩子,斯特里布林先生。我完全有能力照顾好自己。
I’m not a child, Mr. Stribling. I’m perfectly able to take care of myself.
这种事不会再发生了。
It won’t happen again.
这是个美好的夜晚,不是吗?
It’s a nice night, isn’t it?
错过夜晚,你就错过了人生的一半。
Miss out on the nights, you miss half your life.
你是杀人犯吗?
Are you a killer?
你为什么问我这个?
Now, why do you ask me that?
他们说的
What they say.
好吧,说到底,所有的男人在心里都是杀手。
Well, when you come right down to it, all men in their hearts are killers.
但这是错误的。
But that’s wrong.
也许是。我不知道。
Maybe it is. I don’t know.
当一个人杀人,那就意味着上帝让他杀人,因为如果他想,上帝可以阻止他,不是吗?
When a man kills, it means God let him, because God could stop him if he wanted to, couldn’t he?
我不明白你的意思。
I don’t understand.
你问我是不是杀人犯,我是想告诉你这不是一个容易回答的问题,但我杀过人。
Well, you asked if I’m a killer, I’m trying to tell you it’s not an easy question to answer, but I have killed.
但你并不想这么做,对吧?
But you didn’t want to, did you?
不。
No.
你喜欢上帝吗?
Do you like God?
当然,但是-我不太了解他。你呢?-他的一部分。
Well, of course, but – I don’t know him really. Do you? – Part of him.
总有一天我会认识他的全部
Someday I’m going to know all of him.
不是他的全部,米西。这对任何人来说都太多了。
Oh, not all of him, Missy. That’d be too much for anyone to know.
它会使你失明。
It would blind you.
只要学会了解岩石,树木,星星和阳光。
Just learn to know rocks and trees and stars and sunlight.
他们也是上帝的一部分。
They’re all part of God, too.
学会了解大海。
Learn to know the sea.
等我们到了加州我会的。
I will when we get to California.
好。找一块漂亮的大石头,被海浪拍打着。
Good. Find yourself a nice big boulder with the waves breaking against it.
往深处看。梦见海马,它们就会来。
Look deep. Dream of seahorses and they’ll come.
知道它的人不多,关心它的人也不多,但大海是水手们踢野海马蹄子的地方。
Not many people know of it, not many people care, but the sea is a place where the seamen shoe the hooves of the wild sea-mare.
没有多少人见过它,也没有多少人捕捉到那冰绿色的洞穴的微光,在冰冷的海流的中心,在深绿色的大海里,海马把她的小海马藏在一个害羞的海梦里。

Not many people have seen it, nor caught the faintest gleam of the ice-green cave in the deep green sea in the heart of the cold sea-stream,where the sea-mare hides her young sea-colt wrapped in a shy sea-dream.
但几乎所有已知的人都能肯定地说,海上的泡沫是母马和她的小马在玩耍的标志。
But practically all of the people known can absolutely say that the foam on the sea is a sign that you see the mare and her colt at play.
哦,我喜欢。你瞎编的吗?
Oh, I like that. Did you make that up?
这是一个醉鬼在科罗拉多州本特堡的酒吧里编的。
A drunk made that up, sitting in a saloon in Bents Fort, Colorado.
给他一个主题,他会写一首诗。“一杯免费的酒,一首自♥由♥诗。”
Give him a subject, he’d write a verse. “One free drink, one free verse.”
那肯定也是上帝的一部分。上帝在他身上
That must’ve been a part of God, too. God in him.
当然是。
Of course it was.
上帝特别爱醉汉,傻瓜和像你这样的孩子。
God has a special love for drunks and fools and children like you.
我不是小孩了。
I’m not a child.
我快16岁了。我是一个女人。
I’m almost 16 years old. I’m a woman.
哦,Missy。
Oh, Missy.
收起来
Put it away.
等我杀了你,我们就可以面对面地站着了
When I kill you, it’ll be face-to-face with both of us on our feet.
我愿意相信。
I’d like to believe that.
你可以。
You can.
还有一件事你也可以相信。
And here’s something else you can believe, too.
别再像今晚那样跟我说话了。
Never talk to me again the way you did tonight.
真♥相♥很伤人,不是吗?
The truth hurts, doesn’t it?
现实是残酷的。
The truth hurts.
我想知道关于你的真♥相♥。
I’d like to know the truth about you.
光是当警长还不足以让你跟踪一个人这么久。
Just being sheriff isn’t enough reason to follow a man this far.
吉米·格雷厄姆对你有什么意义?
What was Jimmy Graham to you?
嗯?
Hmm?
他娶了我妹妹。
He was married to my sister.
你的妹妹吗?
Your sister?
嗯。
Mmm.
这就是熊坐的地方,在荞麦里。
So that’s where the bear sits, in the buckwheat.
漂亮的小女孩
*Pretty little girl *
Stribling先生!
Mr. Stribling!
你留下了一头小牛。
You left a calf behind.
在哪里?
Where?
他失去了母亲。
He lost his mother.
我们得给他一个新的。来吧。
Well, we’ll have to give him a new one. Come on.
过来,Missy。
Come over here, miss.
现在,对着他的鼻子两边各吹三到四次气。
Now, blow your breath three or four times in each side of his nose.
去做吧。
Go ahead.
继续爱抚它。对
Keep on petting him. That’s right.
待在原地别动,让他第一个看到你。
Now, stay right where you are so you’re the first thing he sees.
回到你的马上。
Get back on your horse.
你看,Missy,牛看不清楚。
See, miss, cattle don’t see very well.
这个小家伙唯一能区分他妈妈和其他奶牛的方法就是闻她的气味。如果他失去了,他就成了孤儿。
The only way this little fellow can tell his mother from any other cow is by her smell. When he loses that, he’s an orphan.
所以我们给他一种新的气味。你是他的新妈妈。
So we give him a new smell to follow. You’re his new mama.
现在,慢慢走开,看看他在做什么。
Now, walk away slowly, see what he does.
谢谢你救了那头小牛。
Thanks for saving that calf back there.
你为什么要谢我?
Why should you thank me?
那头小牛可能是我的。
Well, that calf could have been mine.
——你的?——当然
– Yours? – Sure.
我和布雷肯里奇的协议中有一条就是我能得到牛群的五分之一。
You see, part of my deal with Breckenridge was that I get a fifth of the herd.
五分之一?
A fifth?
我给他带来了业内最好的领队,不是吗?
Well, I delivered him the best trail boss in the business, didn’t I?
这是值得的,不是吗?
That’s worth something, isn’t it?
来吧,我的五分之一。 过来,孩子!
Come on now, my fifth. Hey, there! Come on there, boy!
斯特布林先生,你可以随便扎营。
Mr. Stribling, you may make camp wherever you wish.
我要去特雷斯桑托斯了。
I’m riding on ahead to Tres Santos.
布雷肯里奇先生,这个镇子可真不太平。
That’s a pretty rough town, Mr. Breckenridge.
我想我能在那里找到帮手
I think I can find extra hands there.
这次你可以相信我,B夫人。
This time you can really count on me, Mrs. B.
我发誓我宁愿给野猫挤奶。
I swear I’d sooner milk a wildcat.
来吧,Jack-boy。来吧,Jack-boy。
Come on, Jack-boy. Come on, Jack-boy.
Jack-boy,来吧。来吧。
Jack-boy, come on. Come on.
来吧,Jack-boy。来吧。来吧。
Come on, Jack-boy. Come on. Come on.
来吧。来吧,Jack-boy。
Come on. Come on, Jack-boy.
好孩子
That’s a boy.
你丈夫从城里回来了吗?
Your husband get back from town yet?
不。我希望他没有遇到什么麻烦。
No. I hope he hasn’t run into any trouble.
也许我该进去,看看他怎么样了。
Maybe I ought to ride in, see how he’s making out.
我希望你能。
I wish you would.
好吧。
All right.
给我拿些烟草来,好吗?
Get me some tobacco, will you?
我不知道你的牌子。
I don’t know your brand.
哦,任何一种都行。
Oh, any kind will do.
也许你应该一起去。你自己选吧。
Maybe you ought to come along. Pick it out yourself.
哦,没那么重要。
Oh, it’s not that important.
花你的时间。我就在这附近看着点。
Take your time. I’ll just stick around here and keep an eye on things.
Jackie-boy ?
Right, Jackie-boy?
我只是建议你一起去。
I only suggested you come along.
现在我要你这么做。
Now I’m telling you to.
这就去,牛仔。
On your way, cowpoke.
这是命令,奥马利。
That’s an order, O’Malley.
你说什么?
What did you say?
布伦,请你跟他走。
Bren, please go with him.
别给我们找麻烦。
Don’t make trouble for us.
不管你想要什么,贝儿,就这样吧。
Whatever you want, Belle, that’s the way it’s going to be.
先生们,我们的杯子里快没甘露了。
Gentlemen, our cups are running dry of nectar.
Patron,给我的朋友们来一杯,大家都是我的朋友。
Patron, a drink for my friends, and everyone is my friend.
酒保,到处都是酒。
Bartender, drinks all around.
先生们!先生们,先生们。
Gentlemen! Gentlemen, gentlemen.
敬一位伟大的士兵…
A toast to a great soldier…
一位虔诚的基♥督♥徒。
a devout Christian.
敬最勇敢的勇士,石墙·杰克逊将军。
To the bravest of the brave, General Stonewall Jackson.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!