Did you want me to get killed?
这是你想到的最好的主意!
That’s the best idea you ever had!
你怎么能这么卑鄙到…我不知道那些老娃娃会这么受欢迎。
How can you be so low as to, uh… I didn’t realize the old dolls would take it so big.
至少,他们还会有回报。
At least, they’re going to be around for the payoff.
在平安夜,慕斯·莫兰会给我打上”付清”的标记
On Christmas Eve, Moose Moran is going To mark me “paid in full.”
那是八天假。
That’s eight days off.
你想让我怎么做?
What do you expect me to do?
从牛津·查理这样的流氓那里偷钱?
Steal the money back from a hoodlum like Oxford Charlie?
为什么不呢?
Why not?
至少百老汇会有人为你流泪。
Then at least, somebody around Broadway Might shed a tear for you.
我再也不会这么做了。
That’s more than I’ll ever do again.
这个戒指多少钱?
How much on this ring?
你的结婚戒指?
Your wedding ring?
很抱歉,内莉,我的婚戒太多了。
I’m sorry, Nellie, but I’m loaded up with wedding rings.
哦,鲁珀特。
Oh, Rupert.
你得给我点线索。
You got to give me something on it.
是为今晚的家庭聚会准备的。
It’s for, uh, well, tonight’s sort of a family reunion.
好的。
OK.
把它脱下来。
Take it off.
我来看看。
I’ll have a look.
很久没戒了。
Haven’t had it off a long time.
你们女人总是匆匆忙忙的。
You women are always in such a rush.
你想做什么?
What are you trying to do?
抢劫她的珠宝?
Heist her jewelry?
孩子,我的麻烦够多了。
Kid, I got enough trouble.
你现在想从我这里得到什么?
What do you want from me now?
听着,内莉,一群好人为你筹了很多钱。
Look, Nellie, a bunch of swell guys collected a lot of money For you.
我不会让一个骗子,一个骗子,和一个面包屑把事情搞糟。
I’m not going to let a cheat, chiseler, And a crumb gum up the worse.
你是说牛津查理吧。
You mean Oxford Charlie.
谁?
Who?
是的。
Yeah.
你是怎么从他家逃出来的?
Say, how did you get out of his place?
其他的娃娃和布雷尼呢?
Where are the other dolls and Brainey?
还在尼亚克。
Still in Nyack.
我等待机会,然后偷偷溜了出去。
I waited for my chance, and then I sneaked out.
好吧,如果你能溜出去,我也能溜进去。
Yeah, well, if you can sneak out, I can sneak in.
我要去拿那些属于你和其他旧娃娃的钱。
I’m going to get that money that belongs To you and the other old dolls.
孩子,别试。
Kid, don’t try it.
你不会成功的。
You’ll never make it.
查理那儿到处都是警卫。
Why, Charlie’s got guards all over there.
和他……看,看,内莉。
And he’s… Look, look, Nellie.
我有一个角度。
I’ve got an angle.
现在,再听我说一次。
Now, listen to me, just once more.
我要你把所有男孩都召集起来。
I want you to round up all the boys.
带他们去法♥院♥。
Take them to the courthouse.
联♥系♥一下法官。
Get a hold of the judge.
和…
And…
一步……别挡我的路!
Step… get out of my way!
你好,首席。
Hello, Chief.
一共95美分。
That’ll be 95 cents.
哦,是的。
Oh, yeah.
95美分和1美元给你自己。
95 cents and a dollar for yourself.
哦,不,妈妈。
Oh, no, mother.
你不用给我小费。
You don’t have to tip me.
真的吗?
Really?
嗯,在这里。
Well, here.
来支雪茄。
Have a cigar.
梦想不需要花费一分钱。
It doesn’t cost a dime to dream.
我们会在墙上挂满美钞。
We’ll line our walls with dollar bills.
是吗?
Yeah?
我是个没饭吃的可怜老太太,好心的先生。
I’m a poor old lady who haven’t got to eat, Kind sir.
我听说这是一个老太太的家…当然了。
And I heard this was an old lady’s home… Sure it is.
但我们的耳朵都在老娃娃的嘴里了。
But we’re up to our ears in old dolls’ mouths.
但我无处可去。
Oh, but I have no place to go.
我这辈子都得省吃俭用来养孩子。
All my life, I’ve had to scrimp and save To support my children.
我日复一日地在火炉上做饭,一直缝到眼睛发麻。
I’ve sewed till my eyes burned, cooked over a hot stove day After day.
我甚至还得把地板拿去洗。
I even have to take in floors to wash.
对不起,老娃娃。
Sorry, old doll.
不行。
No dice.
哦,拜托,先生。
Oh, please, sir.
如果你把我拒之门外,我将无处可去,只能去找当局。
If you turn me away, I’ll have no place To go except to the authorities.
呃,等等,女士。
Eh, uh, hold it, ma’am.
嗯,请进。
Eh, come right in.
我会跟老板说的。
I’ll talk to the boss.
既然你是个没饭吃的可怜老太太,也许他会改变我的想法。
Seeing as you’re a poor old lady who hasn’t got to eat, Maybe he’ll change my mind.
在这儿等着,我为你美言几句。
Wait here while I put in a kind word for you.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
那是个老太太?
That’s an old lady?
头儿,她又想从窗户逃出去了。
Boss, she was trying to get out the window again.
内莉的消失了。
Nellie’s disappeared.
必须有人找到她。
And somebody’s got to find her.
布雷尼,我警告过你要守规矩,否则我就要让孩子们…我会想尽一切办法离开这里。
Brainey, I warned you to stay in line, Or I’m going to have the boys… I’ll get out of here any way I can.
那好吧。
All right then.
带她回房♥间去。
Take her back to her room.
跟着她,直到把他们都搬走为止。
And stick with her until it’s time to move them all out.
外面那个新的旧娃娃呢?
And what about the new old doll outside?
好吧,再喝几小时也无妨。
Well, one more for a couple of hours won’t hurt anything.
而且,我们不能让她去报♥警♥。
Besides, we can’t have her going to the police.
好吧,带她进来。
All right, show her in.
这就是她,老板。
This is her, boss.
太太比斯利。
Mrs. Beasley.
赫伯特·比斯利夫人。
Mrs. Herbert Beasley.
欢迎来到我们家,比斯利夫人。
Well, welcome to our home, Mrs. Beasley.
你知道吗,你正好赶上搬到我们的新地方。
You know, you’re just in time to move to our new location.
你看,其他女孩会一直待在这房♥子里直到圣诞节。
See, the other girls are just going to stay in this house Until Christmastime.
然后他们搬到一个真正的豪♥宅♥。
Then they move to a real mansion.
大得像赌场。
Big as a casino.
哦,听起来太棒了!
Oh, that sounds wonderful!
这意味着你接受我为客人了吗?
Does it mean that you accept me as a guest?
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
我高兴得都想哭了。
Oh, I’m so happy, I could cry.
好吧,好吧。
All right, all right.
这是……
That’s…
-我的药。-我的药。
– My medicine. – My medicine.
哦。
Oh.
马克西,把她和其他漂亮的老太太带进去,好吗?
Hey, Maxie, take her in with the other nice old ladies, Will you?
我永远不会忘记你的。
Oh, I’ll never forget you for this.
你是个好人。
You’re a good man.
你是个很好的人。
You’re a very good man.
啊,算了吧。
Ah, forget it.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
嘿,好老太太!
Hey, nice old lady!
你拿错包了。
You’ve got the wrong bag.
哦,我的天哪!
Oh, my goodness!
我确实犯了个错误。
I did make a mistake.
笨拙的我。
Clumsy me.
很重,不是吗?
Heavy, isn’t it?
你在用什么编织?
What are you knitting with?
钢丝绒?
Steel wool?
嗯。
Hm.
如果我能买♥♥得起新眼镜,我就…梦想不需要花费一分钱……
If I could only afford some new glasses, I… It doesn’t cost a dime to dream…
女士们,这位是俱乐部的新成员,比斯利夫人。
Ladies, meet a new member of the club, Mrs. Beasley.
你好,比斯利夫人。
How do you do, Mrs. Beasley?
我知道和你们这些好人在一起我会很快乐的。
I know I’m going to be Happy with all you nice people.
很高兴你能来。
So nice to have you.
嗯,可怜的孩子。
Hm, you poor dear.
坐在这里。
Sit here.
哦,谢谢。
Oh, thank you.
嗯嗯。
Mm-hm.
女士们,这不是一个可爱的家吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!